Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World (6076 Views)

Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. / FG To Check Hiring Of Expatriates In Place Of Nigerians / Oil Expatriates In Nigeria Are The Highest Paid In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by stepo707: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2012
A typical oil and gas executive in Nigeria earns nearly half a million dollars a year, chalking up the biggest premium for working abroad over salary levels in Britain, research released today showed.

A typical senior oil and gas employee in Nigeria will receive a supplementary country premium worth 45 percent of base pay, taking the total salary to $454,400 a year, a study by the Curzon Partnership recruitment consultants showed.

This trumps packages for executives working in Libya or Iraq, who could expect a total salary of around $354,900, the research found.

Oil and gas workers from developed nations working in Nigeria are paid well because of the number of projects that need international staff, local skills shortages and big cultural differences, the firm said.

“Whilst Lagos is an exciting and well established place to work for expats, oil & gas companies recognise that the incentives have to be high, because life as an expat in Nigeria is so different from countries with broader industries and higher standards of living,” Helen Di Mauro, a partner at the Curzon Partnership, said.

Oil industry executives in Indonesia can expect a premium of 40 percent in Indonesia, 35 percent in Ghana and 30 percent in Libya, Kurdistan or Egypt, the research found.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/03/19/nigerian-oil-expatriates-highest-paid-in-the-world/

But why is everything in Nigeria always bogus?
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by blacksta(m): 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
Nigeria oil region are very volatile and high risk areas hence the relative high renumeration. To attract the best , oil companies will need to pay more. The going rate in Iraq and similar is between 1 to 2 k dollars a day excluding expenses. Ask yourself would you come to nigeria for a rubbish rate with the possibility of been kidnapped or killed.

Even maritime insurance in Nigeria is very expensive cause of high risk associated with Nigeria , hence the reason why mother ships carrying imported fuel always anchor off Lome or cotonu and daughter ship will need to be sent outside of nigeria to load fuel.

Unfortunately Nigeria is not a business friendly environment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nnenna1(f): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
SMH.

I really wish Nigeria had little to no oil or natural resources. I hate our oil wealth and everything it stands for because it has been nothing but a curse.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2012
Nnenna1: SMH.

I really wish Nigeria had little to no oil or natural resources. I hate our oil wealth and everything it stands for because it has been nothing but a curse.
Very true.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 5:32am On Mar 20, 2012
No wonder they can afford to build Bonny Island.
Good for them jor.
I cannot be paid enough money to work in Nigeria as a NIGERIAN, not to mention an expartriate.
Tufiakwa. Dem try gaaaaaaaaaaan.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by strangerf: 6:19am On Mar 20, 2012
Callotti: No wonder they can afford to build Bonny Island.
Good for them jor.
I cannot be paid enough money to work in Nigeria as a NIGERIAN, not to mention an expartriate.

Dont get ahead of yourself, kiddo. No one will pay you to work in Nigeria. Your skills, if you have any, are worth very little. The only way you can be more useful is to actually be the keyboard you are typing on. They will pay your laptop to work in Nigeria before they consider you as a volunteer.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 6:36am On Mar 20, 2012
strangerf:

Dont get ahead of yourself, kiddo. No one will pay you to work in Nigeria. Your skills, if you have any, are worth very little. The only way you can be more useful is to actually be the keyboard you are typing on. They will pay your laptop to work in Nigeria before they consider you as a volunteer.

You are right.
The reason I prefer the white man's land as a willing slave.
Much better than ANYTHING in Nigeria.
Thank God for second chances.
Chop your Nigeria I beg.
I don't have any business with a 10th world concentration camp.
The reason you can only afford expatriates who earn more than YOUR NIGERIANS.
It means you are taking WAEC and JAMB for nothing and your educational system is worse than deserted poultries with sick chickens and lizards.
The joke is on you son.

You are not fit to discuss intelligent topics like this. Go back to the 'tribalistic' or 'arzzze licking' romance threads.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by strangerf: 6:44am On Mar 20, 2012
Callotti:

You are right.
The reason I prefer the white man's land as a willing slave.

You dont have a choice. If you cant change it, LOVE it

Much better than ANYTHING in Nigeria.
You would not have survived in Nigeria
S3x cells . . . ONLY in Obodo White man grin

Thank God for second chances.

. . . and second rounds on the cheap too wink

Chop your Nigeria I beg.

Chop your oyinbo small prick abeg

I don't have any business with a 10th world concentration camp.

Like we actually need a 10th class p/u/n/n/y to survive.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 7:03am On Mar 20, 2012
strangerf:

You dont have a choice. If you cant change it, LOVE it

You would not have survived in Nigeria
S3x cells . . . ONLY in Obodo White man grin

. . . and second rounds on the cheap too wink

Chop your oyinbo small prick abeg

Like we actually need a 10th class p/u/n/n/y to survive.

I repeat:
You are not fit to discuss intelligent topics like this. Go back to the 'tribalistic' or 'arzzze licking' romance threads.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 7:04am On Mar 20, 2012
Sex only sells in OYINBO land?
Was Patricia Etteh an expatriate?
Glad to know 10th rate punnies of illiterate pubic, hair-dressers can still find employment in Nigeria especially in the WILD WILD WEST. grin
We also hear that a famous grieving widow is also an expatriate to Ghana with her 'expatriate' skills. wink
We thank God o!

From a Naija Princess.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/nigeria/TAO9CC617OFJ3T00S
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by strangerf: 7:13am On Mar 20, 2012
I cant sleep Blazay, post a n/u/d/e photo of your hairy chest that i can m/a/s/t/u/r/b/a/t/e to? grin

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2012
strangerf: I cant sleep Blazay, post a nude pic of yourself that i can m/a/s/t/u/r/b/a/t/e to? grin

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You mean you don't have a woman at home with all your 'swag'?
Even a 10th class dead Ekiti Voodoodoll punny from NL? LOL!!!!
Poor you.
Kpele o.

I have given you enough attention. I know NL is boring for you at the moment. No tribal fights to make you feel relevant. Many apologies.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by strangerf: 7:30am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^

So you have a man at home? So why do you spend so much time on NL? Well I wont go there; Okobo vs G/a/y vs you are not that good in bedmatics. Pick anyone that makes you sleep well at night.

Actually, i do have this Jamo that comes to suck my blokos everyy now and then, but recently she has been hoarding it, wants me to put a ring on it before she puts out gain. And you know now, I be Odua tokan tokan. Yoruba or I get disowned by my family. wink
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 7:37am On Mar 20, 2012
strangerf: ^^^

So you have a man at home? So why do you spend so much time on NL? Well I wont go there; Okobo vs G/a/y vs you are not that good in bedmatics. Pick anyone that makes you sleep well at night.

Actually, i do have this Jamo that comes to suck my blokos everyy now and then, but recently she has been hoarding it, wants me to put a ring on it before she puts out gain. And you know now, I be Odua tokan tokan. Yoruba or I get disowned by my family. wink

Has my pattern of posting on NL changed over the years? LOL
Or do I sound like a 'newly-wed' of NL whose life begins and ends in BEDMATICS because that is all you have to offer anyone without brain cells?
Mu he he he he he he
Goodluck with your Jamo.
You are the one with 'sleep' issues.
You can't even afford a Nigerian 10th class punny, but a Jamo one who is ALWAYS high on drugs to see btw your legs, not to mention your UGLY face.

I do what I please. . .including spend my life on NL.
Not your business. I don't come your village, where women are locked inside a mental and physical prison in the name of marriage.
Don't let it pain you too much huh?kiss
Oga nor dey complain.

!GET YOURS. . .KEEP YOURS. . .DON'T BE A MISERABLE OKORO-NGBATIC WIDOW/ER OR DON'T DIE A NL LONELY OLD CARGO SINGLE' WITH E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI! wink
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Acidosis(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
Good for them jor.
are you sure you type this yourself ?
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by moshoodn(m): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
strangerf:

mean and harsh
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Remii(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2012

Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by bighead1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
Our wealth is our curse, trust me.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 2:52am On Mar 24, 2012
Acidosis: are you sure you type this yourself ?

I don't share my NL account or any other account with others. Did you type it for me?
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 24, 2012
Good for them jor.

Haha everybody now knows what you are doing in america. Hahahaahahaha cool
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

I repeat:
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

I repeat:

And this is how you discuss intelligent topics embarassed

Good for them jor
Good for them jor.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by ziga: 6:16am On Mar 24, 2012
@Topic
It is totally understandable.

With all the war stories coming out of Nigeria, the only thing we have to offer, in order to bring in trained professionals from other parts of the world are these bogus pay packages.

Nobody wants to be 419d, Boko haramd or kidnapped or even killed by Militants.

It is up to us to clean up our mess. But unfortunately, we never ready!!!
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 6:24am On Mar 24, 2012
Attention-seeking, polymonikering pieces of cyber trashy-nonentities noted. . . then Ignored.

Ban don fail again o! After a gooooood whooping.
Mu he he he he he he
Ashawo O YE MY PEOPLE ON RAMPAGE!!!
Still 'hurting'?
Kpele my dias! cheesy
The SUPREME QUEEN OF THE CYBER RULES!!!!

Try HARRRRRRRRRRDER!!!!

Mu che che che che che che che
Next gang please. . .tired of the same stale azzzzes!
E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI NOR QUENCH O!cheesy
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 24, 2012
Lol. Its good for ppl to say what suit them but the reality will always prevail. Again before you start
writing this your stupid pattern of writing to seek attention, get this through your f.u...cking head that you
are an ashawo(w.h..ore) fat one for that matter! You know most ppl here have seen your pic
that's why someone wants you to post it again so we ll can see your ugly fat body again! Don't fall ppls
hands, you done it before so why not again!
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2012
And don't think everybody is like you changing username everyseconds.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by blacksta(m): 7:50am On Mar 24, 2012
Thread don derail
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Callotti: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2012
. . . .loving it. cool
Many have quenched on NL for my sake and will keep quenching! Ta ju jah!!!!
We are only on page 0!
Mu che che che che che che!!!! cheesy
E badu belle and e jolosi wanno quench again o!cheesy

Who say ashawo nor be correct 'expatriate' work?
If you get market. . .GO AND SELL.
Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
Next e badu belle and e jolosi 'LOKO' jare!!!
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by cheikh: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Nnenna1
SMH.

@^^ hi Nnenna, How do you do? Well, it's only a handful of persons owning, benefiting and looting the wealth of the so called nation hence material poverty and poverty of spirit coupled to serious deprivation is the norm in Nigeria. We generally celebrate mediocrity and wicked persons in our midst hence the [b]convicted [/b]and those who have 'escaped' justice are still heroes in their domain. Please relax wink. I share your pain and sentiments too.
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti: . . . .loving it. cool
Many have quenched on NL for my sake and will keep quenching! Ta ju jah!!!!
We are only on page 0!
Mu che che che che che che!!!! cheesy
E badu belle and e jolosi wanno quench again o!cheesy

Who say ashawo nor be correct 'expatriate' work?
If you get market. . .GO AND SELL.
Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
Next e badu belle and e jolosi 'LOKO' jare!!!

Haha, post the picture that sells your body so ppl can see lol. Yes Its nt your body that sells
instead its your p..us..sy, you w..ho..res should stop decieving yourself! Lmoa
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by emsquare(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2012
Jumbo pay!
Re: Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World by buJu234: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2012
but do u knw the worst of all;

is that a Nigerian thats more qualified that a white man; will b paid abt 10times less than the white man...

(1) (2) (Reply)

On What Basis Are Officers In The Nigerian Navy Promoted? / Difference Between SSC And DSS In Nigeria Navy And Airforce / How To Apply For Worldlabs Elevating Ideas Competition (To Win £50,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.