Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (32828 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Sike(m): 8:50am On Mar 20, 2012
Why not. . . If not.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Amazingift01(f): 8:50am On Mar 20, 2012
If i truly luv d man, a man afta my hrt nd d fault is frm me.i'll go dwn on my knees
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

Are you really a yoruba girl or are you a "remixed" version of a yoruba girl? Yoruba girls know the koko, pls stop falling their hand. . .

What if he wants to stay? Would you beg him or not? Pls answer. . .

She's a pako gal forming Angelina Jolie, as she dey sef, trust me na "Buda mi Buda mi" she go tell call u if una eye to eye.

Nansense!! Who she dey form righteous 4?

Boneypako ka jun mbe mehnnnn, amo bo she lo, iwo bawo.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ifihearam: 8:58am On Mar 20, 2012
I have carefully read this thread and this is my 1 kobo:

1)The only ladies that can't beg their hubby are those that are destined to remain single or become sugar mummies

2)Perhaps they come from rich home and are financially bouyant becos they feel they can walk out of any marriage or relationship becos their monies can find them another man(but the question here is for how long and how many more men will you chane_

3)They are witches:I cannot fathom why a woman cannot kneewl for her husband after wrong doing,some women even still kneels when the husband offends them sef,what kind of pride is this?

@queensmith:this babe said there are many fishes in the sea,I pity you,dem go count many men and failed marriages for your head.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by sexlog(m): 9:00am On Mar 20, 2012
chucky234: I don't know why ladies out here keep lying pretending to be hardy while they break down in tears at the least beaf with their BF or hubby.
They come out here and say hmm I can't beg him,why kneels down,he should go bla bla bla
I know so many of them who cried,kneeled,even gather their entire families and friends to beg the BF/hubby to stop him from leaving.
Why come here with your pride to lie on here,you can never be truthful for once,na wa
these girls are chronic liars!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by okuya: 9:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Why not I've had girls go down on their knees with tears begging me not to walk away, especially when they've seriously wronged me!. I sometimes go on my knees to say sorry when I go wrong. I believe pride causes a lot of problems to go out of control, using d word "sorry", and going down on knees has saved a lot of relationships
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2012
ifihearam: I have carefully read this thread and this is my 1 kobo:

@queensmith:this babe said there are many fishes in the sea,I pity you,dem go count many men and failed marriages for your head.

Taaaaa!!!!!

Bck to sender, I reject dat curse.

Y wud u say such? Listen everybody get dier way.

Don't start raining heavy curse on her cus she no wan beg, wetin u b wey u dey judge am?

Abeg shift>>>>>>>>>>

Mstewwwww!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 9:05am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

Culture is just a way of life. Don't blame anyone for being born into such culture. The act on it's own is NOT demeaning. It only means respect in such culture. I think you take it to mean belittling the woman, while it's not. Jesus can see hearts. . . Humans cannot! Humans tend to work with what they can see. Don't blame them for that! BTW, some ladies see kneeling as the best way they can appease a man they love! Would you blame them for that too? Save your relationship the way you deem fit. Know the man you are in it with. Is he the tears alone type? Pray you meet a man like me who is sold out on tears alone! wink

Nah Kills, you kinda get my point but you misunderstand my motives. I don't think that kneeling down is necessarily demeaning in every context. The dignity aspect is usually defined in the context in which a person kneels down. For instance if you kneel down during your marriage ceremony, kini big deal? My qualms with it is when this is the only acceptable mode of apology. I honestly cannot fault someone for kneeling down to appease another, that is not what i am saying at all. Like i said earlier, everyone should be free to express apology as they deem fit. If kneeling down is your way, fine and good. What i am against is the fact that kneeling down is a prerequisite used in judging the sincerity of my apologies.. I mean look at some answers in the forum, the refusal to kneel down is equated with pride or lack of humility. [b]My question is what makes kneeling down more superior to tears during an apology?[/b]Are we more concerned with the action itself, or the intent behind the action? I have seen people go speechless because they cannot find the words to express their regret, but the pain in their eyes and their body language says it all. Should i now reject that apology because they didnt kneel down?

Just as a general note to some other posts: The issue here is not just about begging, its the issue of kneeling down to beg. I dont think most people are saying they cannot apologize for wrong doing. But for some, the issue is why they must kneel? Everyone answers this question differently and no one should be insulted because of their opinion. Do what works for you and your significant other. Cest Finir

Kneeling down is a non verbal gesture that can be interpreted in various ways depending on any given context. I just think that in Nigeria, sometimes we major on the minor and minor on the major. To all who wish to kneel o, by all means do. whatever works for thee and thy loved one.

Nice self-hype Kills, will surely keep the "sold out on tears alone" character in my prayers....lol
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 9:06am On Mar 20, 2012
okuya: Why not I've had girls go down on their knees with tears begging me not to walk away, especially when they've seriously wronged me!. I sometimes go on my knees to say sorry when I go wrong. [size=19pt]I believe pride causes a lot of problems to go out of control, using d word "sorry", and going down on knees has saved a lot of relationships[/size]
cool cool cool
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 20, 2012
Women only beg a man not to leave only if he has money. But if the man is broke, they really don't give a fffkk.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Adim2010: 9:09am On Mar 20, 2012
If I am at fault, then I can beg her not to leave but if she is at fault and she is claiming right, she can also leave.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by queensmith: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2012
[quote author=ifihearam]

3)They are witches:

I was going to respond and then I saw this, I will not argue with an idi-t so early in the morning.
Witches indeed! lmao
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by queensmith: 9:14am On Mar 20, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Taaaaa!!!!!

Bck to sender, I reject dat curse.

Y wud u say such? Listen everybody get dier way.

Don't start raining heavy curse on her cus she no wan beg, wetin u b wey u dey judge am?

Abeg shift>>>>>>>>>>

Mstewwwww!!!

raining curses ke? I didnt see any curses. He's sick in the head, you can't blame him for his crazy reasoning!

Women that don't beg are witches, my life!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by sexlog(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2012
slimyem: at least you don senior me reach sugar mummy levels. grin grin
how old are you again sef?43?
Enu e bi iwo idi mi!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
see the kin word wey dey come out from your mouth.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2012
tpacalipse: Women only beg a man not to leave only if he has money. But if the man is broke, they really don't give a fffkk.

U see, ur mentality is killing u. Come on! U couldn't even cough up a bit of sense. U come gbam!! begin post nonsense.

Abeg no b our fault babe don dupe tire o, if u still hurting go talk to someone in salvation army mehn.

Women don't like bois dat reason like u.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2012
sexlog:
see the kin word wey dey come out from your mouth.

Bebe! she's a razzmatazz

I keep telling pips she's forming.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

Well, save your relationship anyway you deem fit. . . Doesn't change the fact that kneeling is a Nigerian culture that cannot die! And i don't buy that he is not worth begging line. . . What warranted her crying her eyes out in the first place? If she's really at fault, nothing is too big to do, just to show that remorse. . . Pray you meet someone like me who needs only tears and a puckered face. . . wink
Err mm i don't think you get my point,I'm not saying its not alright to kneel,I'm just saying I've never done that and i don't pray i should but in the end i never say never.

She's prolly cried her eyes out cos she was truly remorseful for whatever wrong she must have done,now are you saying kneeling has a quicker effect than shedding genuine tears?a guy that would not accept my apology while seriously crying but would if i kneel down without a tear in my eyes, is not looking for a partner but a house maid or slave and if i notice this i'll use the last strength in me to wave goodbye to him.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2012
Miss EZ:

Nah Kills, you kinda get my point but you misunderstand my motives. I don't think that kneeling down is necessarily demeaning in every context. The dignity aspect is usually defined in the context in which a person kneels down. For instance if you kneel down during your marriage ceremony, kini big deal? My qualms with it is when this is the only acceptable mode of apology. I honestly cannot fault someone for kneeling down to appease another, that is not what i am saying at all. Like i said earlier, everyone should be free to express apology as they deem fit. If kneeling down is your way, fine and good. What i am against is the fact that kneeling down is a prerequisite used in judging the sincerity of my apologies.. I mean look at some answers in the forum, the refusal to kneel down is equated with pride or lack of humility. [b]My question is what makes kneeling down more superior to tears during an apology?[/b]Are we more concerned with the action itself, or the intent behind the action? I have seen people go speechless because they cannot find the words to express their regret, but the pain in their eyes and their body language says it all. Should i now reject that apology because they didnt kneel down?

Just as a general note to some other posts: The issue here is not just about begging, its the issue of kneeling down to beg. I dont think most people are saying they cannot apologize for wrong doing. But for some, the issue is why they must kneel? Everyone answers this question differently and no one should be insulted because of their opinion. Do what works for you and your significant other. Cest Finir

Kneeling down is a non verbal gesture that can be interpreted in various ways depending on any given context. I just think that in Nigeria, sometimes we major on the minor and minor on the major. To all who wish to kneel o, by all means do. whatever works for thee and thy loved one.

Nice self-hype Kills, will surely keep the "sold out on tears alone" character in my prayers....lol
Kneeling, whether done by a man or woman, whether greeting an elder, or whether kneeling in prayer is a sign of respect and humility. Do you believe that?

I can greet while standing and i can also pray standing. It depends on the depths i want to take it to. Kneeling is not a prerequisite, but culture teaches that kneeling signifies sincerity, and even at that, i don't think any man would say to a woman "YOU MUST KNEEL". . . No! The woman or whoever kneeling does it out of her own want and sincerity.
It takes a lot of humility to kneel before anyone, do you agree? That is why when a woman begs a man to the extent that she kneels, she has thrown all manner of pride to the wind, and that is why kneeling is kinda appreciated. . . kinda. Kneeling is a form of apology, given the context in which the kneeling is done, and it is NOT a must. But for you, who offended someone, the act of kneeling could signify the extent to how sorry you really are. . . Could, not must!
Like i said earlier, tears does it for me. other males on this thread abhor a woman kneeling for them, so it's dependent on who you are, and who you are appeasing. But on a general level, kneeling is a sign of humility.
If a woman chooses to beg her husband with tears in her eyes, fine. If she decides to kneel and beg with teary eyes, fine. But i've never ever seen any man that will ask a lady to kneel before him to show she is remorseful. It's the ladies that play that out to show how sorry they are. cheesy
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 9:31am On Mar 20, 2012
freecocoa: Err mm i don't think you get my point,I'm not saying its not alright to kneel,I'm just saying I've never done that and i don't pray i should but in the end i never say never.

She's prolly cried her eyes out cos she was truly remorseful for whatever wrong she must have done,now are you saying kneeling has a quicker effect than shedding genuine tears?a guy that would not accept my apology while seriously crying but would if i kneel down without a tear in my eyes, is not looking for a partner but a house maid or slave and if i notice this i'll use the last strength in me to wave goodbye to him.
To make my self clear, i'll only recommend kneeling for someone who has paid your bride price. . . but some ladies choose to kneel for their boyfriends and that's also acceptable.
Kneeling without tears in the eyes? WTF.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by xtielauder(f): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2012
I once begged ma boyfriend not to leave and he left..... To my suprise, he came bk after a year begging for me to take him bk... You see, wat I'm saying in essense is dat its not wrong to beg, but whereby it didn't work out; it means u pple where never meant to be!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MissEZ(f): 9:40am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

Kneeling, whether done by a man or woman, whether greeting an elder, or whether kneeling in prayer is a sign of respect and humility. Do you believe that?

I can greet while standing and i can also pray standing. It depends on the depths i want to take it to. Kneeling is not a prerequisite, but culture teaches that kneeling signifies sincerity, and even at that, i don't think any man would say to a woman "YOU MUST KNEEL". . . No! The woman or whoever kneeling does it out of her own want and sincerity.
It takes a lot of humility to kneel before anyone, do you agree? That is why when a woman begs a man to the extent that she kneels, she has thrown all manner of pride to the wind, and that is why kneeling is kinda appreciated. . . kinda. Kneeling is a form of apology, given the context in which the kneeling is done, and it is NOT a must. But for you, who offended someone, the act of kneeling could signify the extent to how sorry you really are. . . Could, not must!
Like i said earlier, tears does it for me. other males on this thread abhor a woman kneeling for them, so it's dependent on who you are, and who you are appeasing. But on a general level, kneeling is a sign of humility.
If a woman chooses to beg her husband with tears in her eyes, fine. If she decides to kneel and beg with teary eyes, fine. But i've never ever seen any man that will ask a lady to kneel before him to show she is remorseful. It's the ladies that play that out to show how sorry they are. cheesy

Seen and duly noted. It all boils down to each doing their own. Abeg o make i write my paper finish before i have to go and kneel and beg the professor to not give me zero o...lol
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Mar 20, 2012
Pride they say goes before a fall. . .

ME!! I have knelt down to beg my babe (tears rolling down my cheeks)for forgiveness before and can and will do it again if need be.

If the man is a douche then I dont think any lady should kneel down. But if it just happened out of the blues like it did in my case when I broke up with my ex for no real reason, then feel free to express your emotions anyway you feel even crying and begging if need be.. My ex knelt down in tears and begged me not to leave her. I was so embarassed I knelt down to beg her as well not to embarass me. The truth was we did have any fight worth breaking up, but I just saw that we werent going anywhere with the relationship. We both wanted different things from life. I dont treat her or consider her any less human. I still apologise to her till tomorrow for how I ended things.

All these girls screaming never are mostly under 16 girls, wait till love bite you.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2012
naijasexy: ^^ You would think less of a woman that kneels for you? Really? wow!
Certainly, yes! angry
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

To make my self clear, i'll only recommend kneeling for someone who has paid your bride price. . . but some ladies choose to kneel for their boyfriends and that's also acceptable.
Kneeling without tears in the eyes? WTF.
Stay there,so you don't know?people kneel without tears cos some people don't have a problem with kneeling,I know someone who would kneel at the slightest offense even without being truly remorseful,she just wants to get it over with and kneeling makes it kinda easy for her but crying is something she has a hard time faking so there you go.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by sexlog(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2012
tpacalipse: Women only beg a man not to leave only if he has money. But if the man is broke, they really don't give a fffkk.
this show the type of babe you've been dating. Some naija babes dont give a damn about your money. Btw, i've seen a well-endowed lady crying and begging and kneeling and rolling on the floor when a broke-arse guy wanted to ditch her. Ol boy, you would pity this lady if u were there.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 9:47am On Mar 20, 2012
Miss EZ:

Seen and duly noted. It all boils down to each doing their own. Abeg o make i write my paper finish before i have to go and kneel and beg the professor to not give me zero o...lol
Abeg o. . . grin
grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2012
Ladies, U pple must beg us oh...bf/husband don scarce for market
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Akpaamu: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2012
My Wife may not beg me if it happens to us, but that doesnt mean shes hurt or unhappy, thats how make up and i have come to understand that, she would must likely come back to say thanks that i didnt leave.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Akpaamu: 10:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Akpaamu: My Wife may not beg me if it happens to us, but that doesnt mean shes not hurt or unhappy, thats her make up and i have come to understand that, she would must likely come back to say thanks for not leaveing.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Honeycity(f): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2012
yes i can go on all fours to beg my man not to leave even if it was his fault and he feels he does not deserve me
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by freecocoa(f): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2012
Honeycity: yes i can go on all fours to beg my man not to leave even if it was his fault and he feels he does not deserve me
I'm confused.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]. I have begged a guy before bt a wrong done by me. I will never beg a guy not to leave, it is a waste of time. Two guys has begged me, one even nelt down,bt it didnt even change my mind cos my mind was made up. My opinion is tnever beg a man that want to leave .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Dating A Fat Woman(orobo) / Open Letter; Our Women Be Careful With The Way You Treat Men- Alexisgist / My Flatmate Is Asking My Girlfriend Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.