Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy (15049 Views)

Olumide Raheem Is Governor Ambode’s ADC / Ezu River Victims Were Murdered - Autopsy Report / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Jascoman: 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
ABEOKUTA, March 19, (THEWILL) – Late Egba chieftain, politician and architect, Apagun Wole Olumide did not commit suicide as is being circulated in media spaces but was rather strangled to death at the artificial lake beside the Golf resort Hotels, according to the result of an autopsy carried out by the family, THEWILL can authoritatively confirm.

Apagun Olumide died on Friday in a manner that has been speculated as suicide, after excusing himself from his driver only to be found lifeless in the lake hours later. His remains, recovered by local divers, was intercepted by the Police on Saturday morning and later deposited at the morgue of the Neuropshychiatric Hospital Aro, Abeokuta.

However, divulging to THEWILL the details of the autopsy released on Sunday, a family source said the late right-hand man of former governor of Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel, was strangulated to death.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/13090-Apagun-Olumide-Was-Strangled-Death-Reveals-Autopsy.html

“Information at my disposal reveal that the Egba High Chief, Chief Apagun Oluwole Olumide, whose mysterious death has kept tongues wagging, was actually strangled to death,” wrote the source, who discussed with THEWILL solely on the note of anonymity.

“According to the autopsy report just released this evening, and which is being kept secret by family members ahead of his planned burial on Monday, the late Apagunpote of Egbaland was strangled in the neck.”

Until his death, Wole Olumide, an architect, was the Apagunpote of Egbaland — a chieftaincy titled he held with glamour and was respected for. He was also the chairman of the hotly controversial Golf Resort Hotels, alleged to have been employed by the former governor to siphon state funds. And as a right-hand man of Daniel, he has been fingered in allegations of looting of Ogun State’s funds in past years and he has allegedly been implicated in the ex-governors hunt by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

1 Like

Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
That's a first coming from Nigeria. An Autopsy in less than 72 hours?? WOW! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
Usually its nt dt difficult to knw if sum1 was strangulated. so its no biggie
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by tunnytox(m): 10:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hmmm these politicians won't destroy Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Slizbeat(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
criously, 9ja has impressed me 4 once. An autopsy, Wow dat was gr8. R.I.P MAN.

1 Like

Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Im an astute golfer and no golf lake goes beyond the belly of 10 yr old child..the autopsy was true......i havent seen a suicide committed in a river...its all poison...electrocution or even hanging but not river or lake....i smell something fishy...lets cry out for this man ....i know he was killed cos he wants to say the truth...you know sometimes the good people are lured to just follow the footsteps of the ogas...na lie oh..the perpetrators must come to boook
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
Korrection: Im an astute golfer and no golf lake goes beyond the belly of 10 yr old child..the autopsy was true......i havent seen a suicide committed in a river...its all poison...electrocution or even hanging but not river or lake....i smell something fishy...lets cry out for this man ....i know he was killed cos he wants to say the truth...you know sometimes the good people are lured to just follow the footsteps of the ogas...na lie oh..the perpetrators must come to boook

Well, technically, that is not true. There a golf courses with lakes that are knee high, even for adults. To commit suicide in one of those, all one has to do is lie flat in the water and restrain oneself. It is possible to drown oneself even in a bathtub, so I do not see how doing same in a lake out on a golf course will be impossible.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Gazaly: 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hope d story is true, RIP
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
@kobojunkie....do you think a man of his calibre would love to die painfully and not slowly and painlessly...mention the golf course you have played in Nigeria that has a lake and i will tell you the depth of them all.......was he strangled or not...
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Pakavy(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, technically, that is not true. There a golf courses with lakes that are knee high, even for adults. To commit suicide in one of those, all one has to do is lie flat in the water and restrain oneself. It is possible to drown oneself even in a bathtub, so I do not see how doing same in a lake out on a golf course will be impossible.
so why r the family kiping d autopsy result guided?!
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by DukeNija(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
Too bad. I really don't see anything coming out of this case. No lead. Poor detectives. No forensic facility. No suspect. No witness. I can bet that this case will go cold. My Condolence goes to his family.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
Korrection: @kobojunkie....do you think a man of his calibre would love to die painfully and not slowly and painlessly...mention the golf course you have played in Nigeria that has a lake and i will tell you the depth of them all.......was he strangled or not...

Caliber has absolutely nothing to do with suicide. I am not sure what you think of people who commit suicides but Caliber has little or nothing to do with who can or cannot commit suicide. There are numerous stories of people at the top committing suicide, many leaving no explanation of any kind as to why.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
Pakavy: so why r the family kiping d autopsy result guided?!

I wouldn't know.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by agiboma(f): 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
Autopsy wow shocked shocked shocked shocked i cant beleiveit int his Nigeria, well its a step fwd, RIP
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Lawalkay(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2012
Is somebody trying so cover up something? May be apagun is about to break the great Ogun oath. More lies and blood are required to appease their evil shrine. Those that kill by sword will surely die by sword. I have say my own.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
@kobojunkie...you still never wanted to answer me...you think a nigerian would want to commit suicide...?? nah?? mention 3 prominent nigerians that have committed suicide...another second question....the first you have not answered
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by dammytosh: 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2012
Deceitful lies from wicked politicians. What are they covering up ? Why. Rush to bury the guy.

He is a Christian so y rush to bury him without gathering proper evidences from the body and acclaimed autopsy.

Nonsense. embarassed
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
Korrection: @kobojunkie...you still never wanted to answer me...you think a nigerian would want to commit suicide...?? nah?? mention 3 prominent nigerians that have committed suicide...another second question....the first you have not answered

Suicide has no nationality . . . and it has no class . . . as long as you have humans, you will have suicides, and this man could be one of them. I am not sure if I take the words of THEWILL 100% since even they did not get a copy of the autopsy, it seems.

As for your last question there, I will ask you to instead mention 3 dead prominent Nigerians who were autopsied, with documented evidence of their deaths not being as a result of suicide.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by dammytosh: 11:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
Korrection: @kobojunkie...you still never wanted to answer me...you think a nigerian would want to commit suicide...?? nah?? mention 3 prominent nigerians that have committed suicide...another second question....the first you have not answered

korrection, let me correct you. Several promient Nigerians have committed suicide. Very big politicians self. I don't want to start any brouhaha so I need not mention names.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by DualCore1: 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:
To commit suicide in one of those, all one has to do is lie flat in the water and restrain oneself.
This is textbook science. Suicide is harder than this. Try am and see if you won't jump out! grin
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2012
@kobojunkie...are you traceable??...come on dont be afraid......we are being watched by the world about the truth...9ja na our own...tell me...with your own consent ..think again..was that guy strangled or not?
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
Dual Core:
This is textbook science. Suicide is harder than this. Try am and see if you won't jump out! grin

Harder is not same as impossible. Again, people commit suicides in their bath tubs. Think for a second how hard that really is. According to your so called textbook science, I am sure you know that is hard, but it is common.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by freecocoa(f): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2012
dammytosh:

korrection, let me correct you. Several promient Nigerians have committed suicide. Very big politicians self. I don't want to start any brouhaha so I need not mention names.
Mention names if you are sure,nothing dey happen.smiley
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
@Dual Core...thank you very much for coming to my rescue..na so death dey easy na him women wey their husband die never follow them enter grave??...lol
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by DualCore1: 11:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:
Again, people commit suicides in their bath tubs.
After taking some mind altering/dulling substances. Again I am not saying its impossible, its just not as easy as you and my textbook authors put it down.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2012
Dual Core:
After taking some mind altering/dulling substances. Again I am not saying its impossible, its just not as easy as you and my textbook authors put it down.

Sorry, not all suicides drug themselves.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by DualCore1: 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
Fill up your bathtub and lets do a controlled experiment, I dunno how to prolong talk when there's always a mythbusters way of shortening the talk.

Ready when you are ready. cheesy

Kids do not try this anywhere.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Korrection(m): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
@kobojunkie.....where for 9ja you see say prominent guys up to 5 don kill demselves or even drug demselves to death mention names na..lets dig it out...na wao
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by kelz88(f): 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
Doubt he would go that far out to commit suicide, and take his driver along, and not leave a note for his family. Very suspicious! I think he was murdered.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Beaf: 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
Dual Core:

Unu go wound pesin wit laf o! grin grin grin
The instinct for life is a strong thing indeed.
Re: Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Mar 19, 2012
Dual Core: Fill up your bathtub and lets do a controlled experiment, I dunno how to prolong talk when there's always a mythbusters way of shortening the talk.

Ready when you are ready. cheesy

Kids do not try this anywhere.

If your intention is to refute my statement, then you are better off posting an article from a reliable source that states that it is. Else, this is all for not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How APC Will Succeed - Governor Oshiomhole / Senate Majority Leader, Sen. Victor Ndoma Egba Loses PDP Primaries / APC Writes Jonathan, Jega On Using Military For Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.