Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! (32022 Views)

Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market / Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Chyz2: 1:40am On Mar 20, 2012
[size=18pt]Hausa, Yoruba clash in Lagos over murdered youth[/size]

March 20, 2012 by Kunle Falayi

Agiliti, Mile 12, Lagos, erupted in violence that lasted for hours on Monday as some Hausa youths clashed with their Yoruba counterparts.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the clash, which started around 7am, began when some Hausa youths allegedly attempted to dump the corpse of a man they had reportedly slaughtered in the Maidan River.

A man, who declined to give his name, told our correspondent that, “This morning, we were not far from the river when we saw the Hausa youths trying to dump a corpse in the river. We immediately accosted them and demanded to know where they got it from and what happened to the man. The youths told us he was caught during a robbery.

“The body showed that the man had been brutally beaten. It was noticed that he had been slaughtered too. So, we asked them why they killed him and why did they not hand him over to the police if he was a robber.

“Before we know it, the whole area had been roused and we had been overwhelmed by the Hausa youths. We had to leave the scene after some scuffle.”

The youth told our correspondent that the Hausa residents who stayed behind later burnt all motorcycles in sight.

When our correspondent got to the scene, a large crowd of youths, who were speaking Hausa, were seen destroying shops and kiosks on three streets in the area.

A police helicopter hovered in the sky, while nine police patrol vehicles and a Rapid Response Squad’s Armoured Personnel Carrier were stationed at the scene, but this did not deter the youth from destroying shops.

Three streets; Nuhu Oluwo, Oniyanrin and Adeyeye, were completely taken over by the Hausa youth who wielded clubs, pipes and machetes and other weapons while they ransacked every shop on the streets.

Some of them broke into a shop, pulled down the door and carried away two air conditioners they found inside.

Some of the youth also attempt to pull down the roof of the shops.

Our correspondent noticed that they had earlier broken into other shops on the streets. Other youths were seen grabbing loafs of bread in a shop they had broken into.

However, some older Hausa men were seen appealing to the youth to stop the violence.

A youth who brought out an amulet and wore it on his arm, was told to pocket it, while another man, Alhaji Gambo Limani, slapped a youth who broke a bottle on the ground and wielded it as a weapon.

When our correspondent later spoke to Limani, he said, “I had to caution them because most of these youths are hoodlums. They would blow the problem beyond proportion.

“I really don’t know the basis for this whole crisis because I just got back from Sokoto this morning. My main concern is to ensure they don’t cause crisis in this area.”

When our correspondent asked Limani about the whereabouts of the Sarkin Hausa (head of the Hausa community) of the area, he said the Sarkin had travelled.

Our correspondent reports that Oniyarin Street was completely deserted and the majority of the residents locked themselves up in their residences.

When asked why the area was deserted, a youth said, “These people (Hausa men) are many in this area. They inhabit most of the houses here. Anybody who has his life to protect should not attempt to go close to that area.”

Our correspondent watched from a safe distance as the rampaging youths smashed the windscreen of a bus in the presence of the policemen who made no effort to stop them.

The youths spoke in Hausa, occasionally pointing their sticks at the policemen to dare them.

The Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of operations in the state, Mr. Tunde Sobulo, later came to the scene and dispersed the youth. He addressed the policemen and gave them directives on how to man the area.

When our correspondent attempted to speak with him, he simply said, “This is operation. I don’t have any comment to make now.”

But the spokesperson of the Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Joseph Jaiyeoba, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, said the police were being cautious because the clash was between two ethnic groups.

Jayeoba said, “The police got a report early this morning about a corpse of a man that was allegedly killed in Oniyanrin area of Mile 12. Policemen were quickly drafted to the area to remove the corpse. The clash was due to perenial accusations between the Yoruba and Hausa residents.

“In any case, the DCP operations and the area commander have been there to restore peace. The area commander has also invited the heads of the two ethnic groups in the area and all other stakeholders to resolve the issue. Right now the area is calm.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro/hausa-yoruba-clash-in-lagos-over-murdered-youth/

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 20, 2012
When asked why the area was deserted, a youth said, “These people (Hausa men) are many in this area. They inhabit most of the houses here. Anybody who has his life to protect should not attempt to go close to that area.”

No oh. The Igbos own 90% of Lagos.

PS: Was the Youth a yoruba ? Why are Hausas and Fulanis always in news like this sef?
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by obowunmi(m): 1:50am On Mar 20, 2012
Muslim Hausas are devils. Ask Boko boys..... If Boko Horam comes to Lagos the civil war will begin. I hope that the Yorubas and Igbos will come together to conquer these bastards. Hausas are dangerous people.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Obiagu1(m): 1:54am On Mar 20, 2012
Three streets; Nuhu Oluwo, Oniyanrin and Adeyeye, were completely taken over by the Hausa youth who wielded clubs, pipes and machetes and other weapons while they ransacked every shop on the streets.

Where is OPC!

This is happening in Yorubaland.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by jmaine: 1:55am On Mar 20, 2012
What nonsense . .can they maintain the heat when the touts who collect Agbero road tolls obliges them a lil visit . . . . .
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:55am On Mar 20, 2012
May Lord Lugard rot in hell for the incalculable losses he has caused the people of Southern Nigeria. We have payed in BLOOD for his 'administrative convenience'. May he be r/ape/d through the butthole (and any other orifices they can find) for all eternity by an endless stream of ga.y sex-starved beasts angry angry.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by obowunmi(m): 1:56am On Mar 20, 2012
jmaine: [size=11pt]What nonsense . .can they maintain the heat when the touts who collect Agbero road tolls obliges them a lil visit . . . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 1:57am On Mar 20, 2012
These hausas are sill people! If Yorubas start killing them - it's going to be another yoruba genocide claim from ACF and others. They should know they can NEVER win in SW. I remember when something similar happened in 1999, and retaliation was a total annihilation of all Hausa people in Lagos angry

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Beaf: 1:59am On Mar 20, 2012
obowunmi: Muslim Hausas are devils. Ask Boko boys..... If Boko Horam comes to Lagos the civil war will begin. I hope that the Yorubas and Igbos will come together to conquer these bastards. Hausas are dangerous people.

This thing is getting crazy!
Tinubu is leading the West into a ditch. First Ogun, then Oyo, now Lagos? Something needs to be done; it is hightime the West got together with the rest of us in the Middle Belt and South to find a way forward.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:00am On Mar 20, 2012
Why weren't all these Hausa rounded up and jailed?

Who is this man that they killed? What is his identity?

How were they able to destroy so much property in this area with no repercussions?

I am speechless.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 20, 2012
Obiagu1:

Where is OPC!

This is happening in Yorubaland.

So Lagos is now Yorubaland?

Let the Yorubas and Hausas start the riot, we'll see who will lose much at the end, the business men who own 90% of Lagos or the cow herders.

If I were some ppl, I'll start moving my business back to Abakaliki.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:01am On Mar 20, 2012
Tinubu is not relevant in this situation...
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:01am On Mar 20, 2012
neither is abakaili or whatever....
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 2:03am On Mar 20, 2012
What happened to Yoruba people? Phuck Nigerian police for real - we need to burn this bytch down, truss. I'm pissed, man!!!!

We can't let these people take us for a ride on home turf, man. Phuck peace for real - VIOLENCE IF NECESSARY!! We burn this bytch down and rebuild later!!
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:05am On Mar 20, 2012
So my question is, why the lack of response from the police? Why complete inaction from them?

Who has permitted them to concentrate so much in an area where they can evidently hold sway unchallenged?

They must be forcibly ejected.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by jmaine: 2:05am On Mar 20, 2012
ekt_bear: Why weren't all these Hausa rounded up and jailed?

Who is this man that they killed? What is his identity?

How were they able to destroy so much property in this area with no repercussions?

I am speechless.

The looting spree can happen in a space of minutes and couple that with the slow response time of our security outfits especially the police . .but i can bet you . .the Agbero touts who were busy hustling for their cash would pay that hood a visit . .I just pity their fellow Northern consignments at the Mile 12 market

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Onlytruth(m): 2:05am On Mar 20, 2012
grin grin Una go wound person for here o. grin
Ileke-Idi how far na?

Don't worry, if aboki reach Agege, trade fair, Alaba, Ebute metta and Oyingbo, then he will be stopped dead by raw okoro power. cool

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:06am On Mar 20, 2012
And who is this man they were dumping in the river mysteriously, lest I forget?

It is almost easy to forget, given the outrageous things that happened afterwards.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2012
If OPC don't do something buy tomorrow, phuck OPC too. Phucking Igbos claiming 90% of Lagos, now Hausas are about to claim 110% - what's left for us? what happened to all the guns and voodoo OPCs youths were parading Lagos with? sad
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:08am On Mar 20, 2012
jmaine:

The looting spree can happen in a space of minutes and couple that with the slow response time of our security outfits especially the police . .but i can bet you . .the Agbero touts who were busy hustling for their cash would pay that hood a visit . .I just pity their fellow Northern consignments at the Mile 12 market

Well, these three streets these Hausa live in must be marked. They must not be permitted to concentrate there.

By any means necessary, covertly or otherwise, they should be dispersed.

Who is in "charge" of this area of Lagos? Which dude?
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Onlytruth(m): 2:08am On Mar 20, 2012
Some pictures

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Obiagu1(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So Lagos is now Yorubaland?

Let the Yorubas and Hausas start the riot, we'll see who will lose much at the end, the business men who own 90% of Lagos or the cow herders.

If I were some ppl, I'll start moving my business back to Abakaliki.

What's your problem young lady? The fight is between Yoruba and Hausa and you're wishing Igbos bad luck already. Na Igbo cause am?
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 2:09am On Mar 20, 2012
Una go wound person for here o.
Ileke-Idi how far na?

Don't worry, if aboki reach Agege, trade fair, Alaba, Ebute metta and Oyingbo, then he will be stopped dead by raw okoro power.

Don't get too excited - once the violence starts - Igbos are going be on the Eastern buses back to the East. I'm not making this up - I witnessed it during the 18months I spent in Nigeria from 1999-2000. So, don't get carried away!!
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by jmaine: 2:09am On Mar 20, 2012
bittyend: If OPC don't do something buy tomorrow, phuck OPC too. Phucking Igbos claiming 90% of Lagos, now Hausas are about to claim 110% - what's left for us? what happened to all the guns and voodoo OPCs youths were parading Lagos with? sad

Bros calm down . . .You don too vex grin
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Onlytruth(m): 2:10am On Mar 20, 2012
bittyend: If OPC don't do something buy tomorrow, phuck OPC too. Phucking Igbos claiming 90% of Lagos, now Hausas are about to claim 110% - what's left for us? what happened to all the guns and voodoo OPCs youths were parading Lagos with? sad

Dat one na shakara.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Beaf: 2:11am On Mar 20, 2012
jmaine:

More grease to the agbero's then, because what is required now is a response of significant proportions.
It looks like some born to rule folk are testing the ground, so they NEED to be met with shock and awe.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:13am On Mar 20, 2012
Chyz*:
[size=18pt]Hausa, Yoruba clash in Lagos over murdered youth[/size]

Some of them broke into a shop, pulled down the door and carried away two air conditioners they found inside.

Some of the youth also attempt to pull down the roof of the shops.

So none of the shop keepers in this entire community were armed with a gun of some sort? A machine gun would have turned all of these youths into red paste...

Very simple solution.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by ektbear: 2:15am On Mar 20, 2012
What on earth does this thread have to do with Igbos?

I swear to God, the way some of you reason brainlessly makes me angry.

1 Like

Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by Obiagu1(m): 2:15am On Mar 20, 2012

Walahi, wetin Igbo do una?
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 2:15am On Mar 20, 2012
Bros calm down . . .You don too vex

fam, it's home turf - we can't let people take away liberty away from us on our home turf, that's a NO NO. If they get away with this, they will become more brave in future. We need to settle the scores with violence because they started it with violence - phuck peace talk. They need to remember Sagamu and other Hausa Vs. Yoruba fracas in Lagos. We need to instill fear in these people, and show them no one has monopoly of violence.
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by obowunmi(m): 2:16am On Mar 20, 2012
But how will Nigeria move forward if segregation is the way most people are going ? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hausa, Yoruba Clash In Lagos Over Murdered Youth. Hausa Go On Rampage! by bittyend(m): 2:17am On Mar 20, 2012
Walahi, wetin Igbo do una?

My bad, I was just using "Igbos" figuratively grin - I should have said other tribes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

CCT Trial: Saraki Reaches Out To Buhari, Tinubu Again / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA / Safe Corridor Initiative: 800 Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents Granted Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.