Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 AM

Unilag Science Building On Fire - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Science Building On Fire (5523 Views)

Unilag: Distance Learning Institute Form Is Out / Post Ume Questions For Lasu, Unilag,oau,uniben And Futa Avaliable / "Give the Polytechnics a Chance", says UNILAG Professor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Science Building On Fire by Tedyk(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Learnt 4rm a pure source dat Unilag Science Building is on fire,has anyone confirmed?
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by valencia25(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2012
Yeap.... Confirmed from a frnd dere, he sent dis pic to me

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by mukina2: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2012
An early morning fire, which started in the Faculty of Science, University of Lagos (Unilag) is still raging.

Uncertain as to how the fire started, some eyewitnesses say the fire erupted from one of the offices located in the department of physics and spread to other offices.

The Lagos State Fire Service was at the scene trying to put a stop to the fire, and as at press time, reports had it that the Federal Fire Service had also arrived.

Unilag students are however angry with the school's Fire Service, as they were the last to get to the fire scene.
http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/fire-rages-unilag-faculty-science#.T2hPBiQKVXM.twitter
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Johnsinia(m): 10:47am On Mar 20, 2012
Na wao,abi na boko haram
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Callotti: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2012
Na wah o!
Fire service dey fight fire from outside?
I hope some are attacking the source of the fire from within o.
Before the whole building is gutted.
One lecturer must have been smoking Igbo inside that building.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by member479760: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2012
The panopano no get uniform self.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Finecat(m): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2012
I see a laboratory malfunction, someone is been playing with Florine gas.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by member479760: 10:55am On Mar 20, 2012
how the guy go fit put off the fire like that, everything sucks in this country.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by stepo707: 10:56am On Mar 20, 2012
What could be the cause of the fire?
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by violent(m): 10:57am On Mar 20, 2012
Callotti: Na wah o!

Duh! you don't start fighting fire from inside! why should that require a Phd to know? undecided
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by denzel2009: 11:01am On Mar 20, 2012
Firefighter wearing arsenal jersey failure from the start.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by born2boink(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Ooh why not Aso rock
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by lastpage: 11:06am On Mar 20, 2012
^^^^^^^^Cover your face joor!
From the picture, its obvious that the "core" of thefire is inside one of those offices.
Now, you could pour all the water you want on the "outside shell" of the building, until you extinguish the core of the fire(inside the building), you are just wasting water.
If you've done a fire training and use of Extinguishers, you will have been told that you direct the extinguisher at the "base" (inside) of the fire, inside the office in this case.
Think about it again.

Lastpage!
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by lastpage: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2012
violent:

Duh! you don't start fighting fire from inside! why should that require a Phd to know? undecided
From the picture, its obvious that the "core" of thefire is inside one of those offices.
Now, you could pour all the water you want on the "outside shell" of the building, until you extinguish the core of the fire(inside the building), you are just wasting water.
If you've done a fire training and use of Extinguishers, you will have been told that you direct the extinguisher to the "base" (inside) of the fire, inside the office in this case. Bush man! grin grin
Think about it again.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by soma042(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2012
@
Callotti:
Na wah o!
I hope some are attacking the source of the fire from within o.
Before the whole building is gutted.

must you involve tribe
olodo
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by IykeD(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2012
Yepa! My good old faculty! Shouldn't the fighters be doing their job from inside the building?
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by violent(m): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2012
lastpage:
If you've done a fire training and use of Extinguishers, you will have been told that you direct the extinguisher to the "base" (inside) of the fire, inside the office in this case. Bush man! grin grin
Think about it again.

Lastpage!

Haha, unfortunately my friend, I have served for several months in a row in a school firefighting club in the UK. Yes, for small house fires, you only need to locate and extinguish the source of the fire. However, during a large house fire, the first thing on your mind is to evacuate and rescue trapped victims, if you are reasonably sure that there aren't victims trapped in the house, what you should be doing is to contain the strength of the fire and prevent it from engulfing neighboring buildings/properties. All that must be done before stepping in the building.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by braine(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2012
the initial fire that the unilag fire service couldnt put out

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by braine(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2012
Guys moving out their precious project reports

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Slyr0x: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
My Alumni. . .I'm sure someone was trying to either burn Dr Chendo or Dr Amaechi. . . cheesy grin
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by tanimola22: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2012
Slyr0x: My Alumni. . .I'm sure someone was trying to either burn Dr Chendo or Dr Amaechi. . . cheesy grin

I don't think it is either lecturer's office. It seems like the office of one of those biological sciences lecturers. I hope the fire is quenched as soon as possible.

T22.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by braine(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2012
after the fire

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Slyr0x: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
tanimola22:

I don't think it is either lecturer's office. It seems like the office of one of those biological sciences lecturers. I hope the fire is quenched as soon as possible.

T22.

LooL. .Yeah. .Just kidding. . Amaechi's office is at CITS. .
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by musiwa46: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
naija
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by musiwa46: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2012
every nigerian who graduated from Nigeria universities is made to published book. This books are published and can be obtain in the university library and others location. All graduate of nigeria universities are authors of at least one book or more.

You can see that even with close to nothing the nigeria govt give the yorubas, they manage it well. when compare with the large money going to other part of nigeria. It is not good to steal your people money. The other part of nigeria get 90% of the money, the yorubas get less than 9%, but they manage money well. Even while they call them thief, it make it hard to steal our people money. that why, it is hard for a governor to do two term.

Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by michylabo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
Dr Boyo, Dr Adeloye... Always turn off all switches pls...
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Ilekokonit: 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2012

Callotti

Why won't the frustrated / undervalued and underpaid lecturer resort to smoking Igbo to forget his sorrows.

From when University Lecturers started selling Coca cola to augment their peanut wages 25 years ago Nigerias educational system has been in decline.

Just watch the lone fire fighter endangering his life by fighting a fire not wearing a fire proof jacket but wearing a short sleeve T-shirt and not provided with a helmet. They might as well have sent a security guard or a vigilante to tackle the blaze.

If you pay peanuts, you attract and retain monkeys.

Why would Government staff be motivated and committed to doing their best when they are grossly under-trained, under-equipped and under-paid.
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by lastpage: 3:36am On Mar 21, 2012
tanimola22:

T22.
From the look of things, the fire is actually burning on the second floor (Area around Dr. Edward's office in those days (you know the Baba that "talks and winks at you" at the same time grin at the lecture theatre! I bet he is no longer around anymore.) but being carried by convection currents, upwards.
Its the Biological Sciences Labs that are on the third of that rights sides of the Complex. Physics Lab is actually on ground floor but at the other end.

How is Dr. Boyo doing? Is Dr Akinrimisi still in Physics depts? What about the almighty "youngest Prof" in those days (The HOD, Prof Femi something, cant remember now)I heard "Super Ted" crossed to Computer Sciences?
Good Faculty, Nice lecturers (only Dr. Ameachi wasn't much liked when he just came-in, back then. l hope they still maintain the standards up till now?

Lastpage!
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by pepperoni(f): 7:19am On Mar 21, 2012
denzel2009: Firefighter wearing arsenal jersey failure from the start.

Hahahahahahahahahaha...LWTMB grin cheesy
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Phonon: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
Slyr0x: My Alumni. . .I'm sure someone was trying to either burn Dr Chendo or Dr Amaechi. . . cheesy grin

You must be one of those failures in Physics department who they had to waive off courses so they could graduate.How can you say something stupid like that?
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by Phonon: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2012

You must be one of those failures in Physics department who they had to waive off courses for so you could graduate.How can you say something stupid like that?
Re: Unilag Science Building On Fire by bohboh275(m): 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ilekokonit:

Why won't the frustrated / undervalued and underpaid lecturer resort to smoking Igbo to forget his sorrows.

From when University Lecturers started selling Coca cola to augment their peanut wages 25 years ago Nigerias educational system has been in decline.

Just watch the lone fire fighter endangering his life by fighting a fire not wearing a fire proof jacket but wearing a short sleeve T-shirt and not provided with a helmet. They might as well have sent a security guard or a vigilante to tackle the blaze.

If you pay peanuts, you attract and retain monkeys.

Why would Government staff be motivated and committed to doing their best when they are grossly under-trained, under-equipped and under-paid.

True talk yet a senator is getting paid than Obama. Any president who has good intentions for Nigeria the first thing he or she will do is cutting every politician salary starting with him/herself as example.

(1) (Reply)

5 Small But Deadliest Animals In The World / If You Can Read This You Have A Strong Mind / Funny Way Lecturers Behave After Bagging Their Ph.d(pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.