Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Amazing Video Of A Man Flying Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Amazing Video Of A Man Flying Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings (1506 Views)

Video Of Baby Twins Dancing Gangnam Style / Funny Video Of A Castrated Man / 2face Movie 'flying Without Wings' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Video Of A Man Flying Like A Bird Flapping His Own Wings by samyng(m): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
Just watch the video and tell me what you think.. its just so amazing.. Imagine the amount of strength he put in to do this.. And the result is wow smiley
[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYW5G2kbrKk&feature=youtu.be[/flash]

We did it! This weekend I flew a 100 meters with my selfbuilt wings. I used a GoPro-camera on my helmet to film the flight.

I have always dreamed about this. But after 8 months of hard work, research and testing it all payed off. Enjoy!
I'm really amazed by this video, because I always dreamed about doing this: watch Dutch mechanical engineer Jarno Smeets take off and fly just by flapping wings of his own invention—like a real bird! It's uncanny.
He developed the wings over an 8-month period. They use a special motion mechanism built around an Android phone and Nintendo Wii controllers. His system allows him to literally start flapping his arms to take off and keep flying.

Like a modern Leonardo da Vinci, Jarno's took notes from nature. His inspiration was the albatross, which he closely observed to learn his take off technique:
Source http://gizmodo.com/5894904/man-flies-like-a-bird-flapping-his-own-wings

(1) (Reply)

The Purge. If It Really Happens? / Name A Movie That Will Make You Cry / Help Me Select The Best War Movies To Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.