Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant (6696 Views)

Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / University Of Ibadan Teaching Hospital Begins Heart Surgery. / Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by supereagle(m): 4:35am On Mar 21, 2012
University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital has concluded plans to start cosmetic surgery and kidney transplant in the hospital.

Speaking at a press conference in Ilorin on Tuesday, the Chief Medical Director, Prof. Abdulwaheed Olatinwo, said UITH had the capacity to match the development.

He stated that the hospital’s plan to start renal care and kidney transplant was delayed to ensure a good start as well as sustained quality and efficient service delivery.

He said the project would commence in June.

Olatinwo said, “We are looking at the aspect of cosmetic surgery. We are already working with some institutions outside the country so that people can go for training on cosmetic surgery.

“Plastic surgery entails even reconstructing for bones which we are doing perfectly well. We have the capacity, manpower, two consultants and we believe that within a very short time, people can even come in for cosmetics training.”

He added, “About renal care and kidney transplant, we believe in total quality care. We want to be sure that we get it right 100 per cent and we are able to sustain it. That is the reason for the delay.

“But I can assure you that we are almost at the state of carrying out the procedure. Investigations have been concluded. Before the end of June, we shall be able to have renal plant transmission.”

Olatinwo said there were standard medicare and modern medical equipment in the country, adding that the number of Nigerians travelling abroad for medical attention had reduced.

He stated that because of the improve health care, many foreigners had been coming to Nigeria for medical attention.

According to him, UITH spends about N16m on diesel and N2m as electricity charges from Power Holding Company of Nigeria monthly.

He explained that at the inception of his administration, the power available to the hospital was less than 20 per cent of its needs.

Olatinwo stated that the hospital had invested much in power for efficient service delivery, adding that currently, power supply to the hospital had increased from low supply at inception of his administration to about 85 per cent of its power demand.

http://www.punchng.com/news/unilorin-teaching-hospital-begins-cosmetic-surgery-kidney-transplant/
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by buzor(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2012
at least some nigerians wont go to far away malaysia to sell their kidney...
my 5cent

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by buzor(m): 10:07am On Mar 21, 2012
good news coming from UITH...
i think UBTH, UNTH ll follow suite...
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by llorisbhone(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2012
thats a refreshing good news for kwara state and Nigeria at large
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Jibwillz: 10:18am On Mar 21, 2012
buzor: at least some nigerians wont go to far away malaysia to sell their kidney...
my 5cent
would they pay up2 5mil if i wna donate grin grin grin guess not... malay all d way...
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by DrTee1(m): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2012
Ilorin makes a lot of noise. Same way their university VC made so much noise about a student completeing ICAN exams and attaining the chartered qualification before graduating!

So much noise from Kwara.

We maintain their renal patients here in Ife. I particularly had one. She had to travel several times because their Teaching Hospital did not offer the facility. Same for Plastic surgery. Those things are normal things here in Ife.

Can't imagine all the noise coming from the Saraki's state.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by luvli(f): 10:25am On Mar 21, 2012
ok
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Kadata(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2012
Dem never even start sef-
#by June we gor hear another tori-
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by charles316: 10:32am On Mar 21, 2012
[size=18pt]thank god. our babes should be able to correct their over used boobs and punnies. sign of better days to come.[/size]
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by xage(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Great one!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by willarrie(m): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2012
Are they trying to create awarness or in search of their first victim?
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by overkillR(f): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2012
Who dem wan kill?
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Ikanium(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2012
Ole! Ole! Bravo! Bravo! more synovial fluid to their elbow
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by IYANGBALI: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2012
lets, pray there would always be light to do the operations and also pray that they maintain the hospital equipment
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Jemibee: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2012
Nice development !! they should equip themselves accordingly
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Onyeasi(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2012
That's a good news but i'll advise anyone who wants to live longer to wait till others have succesfully undergone theirs.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by blackboi(m): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2012
waiting to see specimen "A"
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2012
I am so happy, finally a kidney transplant center in Nigeria.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by mufc009(m): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2012
Smh head 4u
Dr. Tee:
Ilorin makes a lot of noise. Same way their university VC made so much noise about a student completeing ICAN exams and attaining the chartered qualification before graduating!

We maintain their renal patients here in Ife. I particularly had one. She had to travel several times because their Teaching Hospital did not offer the facility. Same for Plastic surgery. Those things are normal things here in Ife.

So the best you could do is to propagate Ife while you critize these welcome development in ilorin?
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by wellheads(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dr. Tee:

I don't see any wrong doing in announcing that you will/have commence/commenced a service which you were not rendering before. It is just to reduce the stress that people go through to come to Ife for such service (if they truly render the service). Except of course if you are scared that you may not have patients again and as such your residency under threat!

BTW,do you have anything against Kwara State? because by calling us names (such as Saraki's state), it seems you once had an issue with Kwara/Kwarans. We are good people o, biko no vex 4 us if we offend you in any way.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by wellheads(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dr. Tee:

I don't see any wrong doing in announcing that you will/have commence/commenced a service which you were not rendering before. It is just to reduce the stress that people go through to come to Ife for such service (if they truly render the service). Except of course if you are scared that you may not have patients again and as such your residency under threat!

BTW,do you have anything against Kwara State? because by calling us names (such as Saraki's state), it seems you once had an issue with Kwara/Kwarans. We are good people o, biko no vex 4 us if we offend you in any way.
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by musiwa46: 12:36pm On Mar 21, 2012

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
This is Bad News = suicide Mission!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by nbltech(m): 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dat's gud news!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by blackrules1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
Go 'latinwo.

May GOD give you the grace.

I realise the state of I.C.T in the hospital; an online patient-consultation stuff. Thumbs-Up.

Hope you do motivate your I.C.T staff for training, they need it for maintenance, really.

Long Live Offa,
Long Live Ilorin,
Long Live Kwara,
Long Live Nigeria.

[i]e n le faaa![/i]

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by gegee(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
so dem want make girls begin confuse us with fake brests abi grin
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by dino2006(m): 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2012
Thumbs up to d main man himself, General Latiwon like we fondly call him here @ UITH. Lots of giant strides this fella is duen here. Even d cardiothoracic unit are currently workin on something @ d momen,in collaboration with d Israeli government. Very soon people wldnt av to travel abroad for open heart surgeries. Rep #teamUITH
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
That is cheering to hear . I pray that the proposal come to reality. BETTER BY FAR!!!!
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by kemmeye: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
i'd rather die than go there for any kind of surgery cuz im sure if i do they will still do something that would make me die in the afterlife
Re: UNILORIN Teaching Hospital Begins Cosmetic Surgery, Kidney Transplant by oladapoa1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dr. Tee:

you guys have teaching hosipital...but why is it not popular

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yola Blast: Hospital Urges Public To Donate Blood / Any Keloid Treatment In Nigeria / Speacial Cream And Soap For Black Skin People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.