Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? (15041 Views)

Poll:

Yes: 43% (36 votes)
No: 48% (40 votes)
Not sure: 7% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Tribalism On Nairaland ... Hilarious Screen Shots / The Shameful Level Of Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
I only wonder what the mean age on nairaland is: those bigots sound like kids.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BlackBaron: 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
Once upon a time I was. . .

Until I had an epiphany smiley and discovered it was a pastime of both the unintelligent and unexposed.

Threads like that only attracts a particular clique of lowlife, hating bunch of cretins.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by achi4u(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2012
...and igbos are like Americans and Europeans living in Nigeria.neatness,mega money,beautify and above all brain.
TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yes it has!!

Before Nairaland, I only hated Hausa people and Rochas Okorocha. But now!! I have just discovered a new deep hatred for Yoruba people.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ Topic

drop whatever phobia you have already NL is not the real life, grin I ve many nice Yoruba friends and my Yoruba tenants re well behaved. Hausas re very polite, Idomas and calabars are sweet and the list goes on. pls get off NL and live your life cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by gbogboti: 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2012
TRIBALISM HAS COME TO STAY IN NAIJA MEN. FUNNY ENOUGH, EVEN WHEN WE SPLIT, IT WILL CONTINUE TO WITCH HUNT US TILL ETERNITY. HOLD IT! IT WILL EVEN BE WORST. I CAN IMAGINE AN IGBO MAN GOING TO DO BUSINESS IN HAUSA LAND. OR HAUSA GOING TO YORUBA LAND FOR BUSINESS OR MIDDLE BELT. ITS BETTER NOT IMAGINED. HONESTLY I AM A VICTIM OF TRIBALISM EVEN NOW WHERE I WORK. ALL OF THEM ARE YORUBAS. GUY TO ANSWER MY GREETINGS SELF NA BY FORCE. NA EVERYDAY I DEY PRAY TO GET OUT. THEY ONLY PRETEND TO LIKE U. IN THEIR PRETENCES, YOU STILL SEE THE BEHAVIOURAL DISCRIMINATION. GASH! I HATE TRIBALISM. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE HATING. BUT I TRY AS MUCH AS I CAN TO SUPPRESS IT. I MEAN IT. MY MESSAGE IS SIMPLE. IF U HATE ME, DON'T COME TO MY LAND. FOR THE FACT THAT YOU HATE ME AND STILL COME TO SETTLE IN MY LAND, IT MEANS YOU ARE SIMPLY STUPID!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
Okija_juju: Yes it has!!

Before Nairaland, I only hated Hausa people and Rochas Okorocha. But now!! I have just discovered a new deep hatred for Yoruba people.

okija for you to hate Yoruba people that means they have biting you as-well cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Dainfamous: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2012
Callotti: Why don't you try doing business with them besides buying and selling from Alaba and Idumota markets and see what happens to your relationships huh? Take them into your homes and see e badu belle and e jolosi finish your life slowly. . .if you let them past buying and selling. Do you make friends with a 'meat-seller' because you wanno eat beef? Hell no! You buy your beef and go home. Onye nama has his money and you have your 'meat'. QED!

Absolutely. Very negatively. All because of what I read on the www. It shows what lurks in the mind with the help of anonymity.
I don't don't care to associate with certain tribes any longer. I don't trust them and for good reasons. kiss
I have kept my old friends from the past though with limited association. I avoid certain gatherings with tribes I do not like. It has worked very well. cool
Y got complex issues shocked
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2012

Ode,why not keep your hatred to yourself.As if nigerians are not tired of okoro with their 419 and kidnapping brain.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by BlueMurder(m): 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
Observator: Surely, TRIBALISM AND FOUL LANGUAGE discourage me from Nairaland. I strongly believe the moderator needs help in maintaining decorum and basic ethics on this platform. Like electricity that can either electrify or electrocute, some Nairalanders use the medium to spread hatred and uncultured remarks. It is so painful that instead of being an agent of education, enlightenment, exchange of constructive idea etc, Nairaland has become ELECTRONICS AGENT OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Seun please, roll out rules on minimum standards in order to make the best of this wonderful forum. Some Nairalanders really need help and mentor. What is power without control (regulation)? What is a vibrant forum without ethical code of conducts?

Spot on analysis. My enthusiasm for NL waned drastically when i obeserved the trash being thrown about by tribal champions on this forum. If 30% of Nigerians had the mindset of these uncouth warmongers, Nigeria would be history by now!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by jerrywool: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
I believe Nairaland was very useful in arriving at the conclusion of "a possible disintegration of Nigeria across religious and ethnic lines". To be honest, i now have burning hatred for the ........., u know yourselves.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Beaf: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
olayinka1987: Not really. I have thick skin so it doesn't really bother me. Tribalism on NL is just a bit of fun. A few nasty words exchanged between people. In real life it isn't that bad. I bash Ndigbo on the internet when they talk rubbish but in real life alot of them aren't bad people.

Dude, people here are from different cultures. Some are diplomatic, others are of few words.
So when you are having your flippant "fun" be very aware that someone else who talks less is quietly taking notes in a lil black book.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Goodn9ja: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2012
[pre][/pre][left][/left][/color]T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human beans ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.[color=#006600]T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human beans ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human beans ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2012

Okija where ve you bn
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Goodn9ja: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human beans ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.

1 Like

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
Da infamous: Y got complex issues shocked

Never. No need inviting problems into my life with 'primitive-minded' LOCAL folk. That is all. If anyone cannot shed tribal sentiments below Nigerian interests I can't deal with such a person. Nothing wrong with being proud of your ethnic group. . .but outright 'nativity' stinks! Tribalists are extremely timid and bigotted people who can really become extremely petty and reetarded. Too backward for progress. Can you imagine visiting someone like YOU and eating in your home? God forbid!!!! With all the nonsense you write on NL? You are the one with the complex, not I. I don't sleep with thoughts of Igbo or Yoruba people in my mind. I have a life. Thank you!

People like ONLYTRUTH should be avoided at ALL COST!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by newintexas: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
All I know is that we can't complain about racism, when tribalism reigns amongst us.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by nagoma(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
Nairaland is like alcohol . It takes away your inhibition and decency. The anonymity gives you Dutch courage to insult and taunt . Even nyamiri can come to Nairaland and claim honesty and courage.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
Goodn9ja: T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human[b] beans[/b] ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple [b][/b]IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.

I know its typographical error, I pointed if out first before some posters will use it against you.

Peace. cool
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2012
nagoma: Nairaland is like alcohol . It takes away your inhibition and decency. The anonymity gives you Dutch courage to insult and taunt . Even nyamiri can come to Nairaland and claim honesty and courage.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by kelz88(f): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
nagoma: Nairaland is like alcohol . It takes away your inhibition and decency. The anonymity gives you Dutch courage to insult and taunt . Even nyamiri can come to Nairaland and claim honesty and courage.
Speak for yourself. . . .and others like you.

Some of us are what we are, 24/7. On and off NL!
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Moyola(f): 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
@ Topic: No! tongue
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by brown3: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=Callotti]Enter politics and you will understand Nigerians. . . we are still waiting for an Igbo president abi? Lai lai!!!
[/qu

u re not among the runing tribe in Nigeria. Take it or leave it ur tribe can never produce a president in Nigeria again. Is it because the abokis where using there son OBJ. awo tried to become Nigerian presiden he died like wise drug master abiola.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
Who cares? Bring it on! Yorobos

Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
Goodn9ja: T0 all the niralanders who reframe from gross insults,tribalism,and inflaming hatetred of oders,i say God bless you.from my observetion in life human beans ars off two kinds the decent and the indecent it"s so obviou that the good people have beeing putting in check the bad ones over the course of time E.I punishing the bad people in there community,the Yoruba has this,the Indigbo has this and the hausas too, so think of your words you that think you are better than orders.(Remenber Hitler,Ruwander). My love to all my good poeple IGBOS,YORUBA,AND HAUSAS.

Please someone should arrest this illiterate before he gets off hook grin
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
PStylish: @OP

The truth is a stranger will always be a stranger whether on an anonymous forum or in real life.
Tribalism rares its head the most when you are dealing with strangers.
If most warring Nairalanders knew each other in real life, they would never engage in an online tribal duel. Never!
And haven't we see Nairalanders of the same tribe taking on each other?

But the truth must be told - tribalism is alive and well in Nigeria. It's part of life.

how far?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
PStylish: @OP

The truth is a stranger will always be a stranger whether on an anonymous forum or in real life.
Tribalism rares its head the most when you are dealing with strangers.
If most warring Nairalanders knew each other in real life, they would never engage in an online tribal duel. Never!
And haven't we see Nairalanders of the same tribe taking on each other?

But the truth must be told - tribalism is alive and well in Nigeria. It's part of life.

How far? , how is Yoruba, hope he is doing fine?
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
Its very sweet.

And Nairaland hasnt affected me one bit. cos I have known about some ppl way back ever since that fateful flight to Abidjan
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by olayinka1987: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
Da infamous: guy! stop acting as yorubas are not tribalistic! not all but majority of them, talking from experiences and trust me a lot of people will context on that is well known..............

Yes and I suppose Ndibo are saints of NL right? Igbo are just as tribalistic as anybody else. I've seen it on here plenty of times. Igbo can give it out but they can't take it in return.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by Callotti: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
brown3: u re not among the runing tribe in Nigeria. Take it or leave it ur tribe can never produce a president in Nigeria again. Is it because the abokis where using there son OBJ. awo tried to become Nigerian presiden he died like wise drug master abiola.

Don't be a dunce for only a minute. I only stated that if there were no tribalistic elements in Nigerian politics an Igbo man would have been a president by now. I frankly do not care who the president of Nigeria is, as long as it is a de-tribalized Nigerian.
Re: Has Tribalism On Nairaland Affected You Negatively? by ekwynwa: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
Frank-Aba:

Please someone should arrest this illiterate before he gets off hook grin

He is not an illiterate may be he was typing under pressure ,chill biko cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Era Of Fuel Scarcity Is Gone For Good - NNPC Boss, Baru Assures Nigerians / APC Chieftain Kidnapped And Killed: See SARS Destoys Houses And Hotels Of Sus... / See Aisha Yesufu's Reaction To The Seven-Count Charges Against Sowore By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.