Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! (1400 Views)

90% Of People That Wake Up Early And Dress Up For Work Are Jobless / Nigerians Wake Up & Learn From Kenya / Is It More Difficult To Wake Up For Work On Monday Mornings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by cowgurl: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
During my undergraduate days, I had lots of plans of what I'll do regardless of what the society has to offer me. I wanted to be an on air presenter, a columnist, own an NGO,amongst others. Each day I wake up, a new idea just pops up and I feel I can do them all, like jack of all trade and master of all. Now, am a graduate with all my ideas staring at me right in my face, dunno know where to begin or start, seems like 'v lost all dem zeal can't understand why. funnily, I have an audition interview on Friday and it feels like am chickening out cos the real thing is finally here, like what I wanted is right in font of me and I don't feel thrilled about it like I did in my undergraduate days, why is that? Looks like I feel more comfortable creating this ideas and not acting them out. Is there someone out there who's been on this road am taking cos I do need a wake up call. 'll appreciate suggestions on how to deal with my interview on Friday, tanks.
Re: Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by 4wardever(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2012
My advice:

1. Do you have a mentor? Graduate or not, humble yourself & go serve as an apprentice under someone doing that which you love. You may even have to pay the mentor (either in cash or service) for the knowledge experience you will be getting that way, He/She would help fine-tune your plans, save your time and help avoid costly mistakes.

2. Do you have a confidant/partner? Get someone to always share your mind with who can encourage you (not your mentor).

3. Need more advice? Email me: frankway86@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by cowgurl: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
4wardever: My advice:

1. Do you have a mentor? Graduate or not, humble yourself & go serve as an apprentice under someone doing that which you love. You may even have to pay the mentor (either in cash or service) for the knowledge experience you will be getting that way, He/She would help fine-tune your plans, save your time and help avoid costly mistakes.

2. Do you have a confidant/partner? Get someone to always share your mind with who can encourage you (not your mentor).

3. Need more advice? Email me: frankway86@gmail.com
yes, ;v gat all that, thanks.
Re: Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by 4wardever(m): 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2012
If you gat all that but are still not thrilled or confident on getting it done:

1. Your mentor has not fully groomed you thus, you still have much to learn. Wait on him/her.

2. Your confidant is not pushing you well enough. Make it count.

3. I can help you. Let me know where.
Re: Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by Eve888(f): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2012
Definitely useful advices, 4wardever! I will remember them. I think you have to go for what you want, cowgurl. If you miss that opportunity you might regret after a while. Get your enthusiasm back with the help of mentor, confidant and you mainly.

1 Like

Re: Wake Me Up When Friday Comes! by cowgurl: 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2012
Thanks guys, workin on it... Didn't get d job I wrote about, loved d experience dou n am definitely not givin up!

(1) (Reply)

Cieh Health And Safety Training / 3 Must-do's In Your 40's To Make Sure You Are Employed In Your 50's / How I Passed My Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam At First Try!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.