Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Do White People Pay Bride Price? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do White People Pay Bride Price? (9603 Views)

Hotel Where People Pay To Have Sex With Animals Busted By Police / Breaking News: Igbo Parents Urged To Reduce Pride Price. / If Virginity Is The Pride Of A Lady, What Is A Guy's Pride? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
is it. An african tradition or Gods idea to pay a particular amount of money as bride price b4 u can take a woman Home. Is it been practiced in america. And europe ,I no it exist in asia and some part of south america pls nladers i trully want to know wat its like in advanced countries
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Hardunnii(f): 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
Why not embrace your culture and stop looking up to the white for approval
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by slimyem: 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: is it. An african tradition or Gods idea to pay a particular amount of money as bride price b4 u can take a woman Home. Is it been practiced in america. And europe ,I no it exist in asia and some part of south america pls nladers i trully want to know wat its like in advanced countries
your body dey hot to dey start threads these days sha....
Wetin concern you concern oyibo bride price? cheesy cheesy
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
Luking up to who? Mehn dats disrespect sha. I just want to know period

1 Like

Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2012
@slimyem. Smiles
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwell u don serve finish? It b like say boredom wan payan u oo.

I no d next thread from u will be do gorillas do doggyyyyy?

Abeg go use ur time engage beta tins mehnn!
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Naija people too like money. Any excuse to milk you dry. Silly culture.

Makes the man feel he owns the woman. SMH!!
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Hardunnii(f): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
kelz88: Naija people too like money. Any excuse to milk you dry. Silly culture.

Makes the man feel he owns the woman. SMH!!

Its our thing, and its unique, u can go with your white boy if you dont appreciate
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hardunnii:
Its our thing, and its unique, u can go with your white boy if you dont appreciate
Haba!! White boy ke?

Why can't I go with a black guy and refuse a price? SMH!

All "our" things might as well remain the same. How about we go back to practising African Traditional Religion instead of worshipping the white man's Jesus?

There are some things we should try and do away with.
Can you imagine how many genuine suitors have been turned away because they couldn't afford everything on their in-laws' list?
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
I am one of those dat hate all these culture. Thngs And I am not a religious person either. I biliv in doing it right the way it ought to be done.

1 Like

Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by SAFO(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
Unless you're referring to mail order brides, which is rare these days. I've never heard of anyone paying bride price in the US. Over here it's customary that the bride's family pays for the wedding.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: I am one of those dat hate all these culture. Thngs And I am not a religious person either. I biliv in doing it right the way it ought to be done.
Me too!! smiley
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
@kelz88 baby I am in luv with. I like the way u think.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: @kelz88 baby I am in luv with. I like the way u think.

u are in love cus u dont have to pay dowry ni jor!

yeye pikin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
@kelz88 baby I am in luv with u. I like the way u think.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: @kelz88 baby I am in luv with. I like the way u think.

I'm flattered. kiss

Idowuogbo:

u are in love cus u dont have to pay dowry ni jor!

yeye pikin grin grin grin grin
LMAO!!!No mind am. grin
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by neyostica: 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
@op, you better go and work hard, you wan marry for free?? Yeye boi
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2012
Idowu wetin happen. u just dey attack me noni. Abeg leave me oo make I drink water keep cup
Seriously. Its not bciz I don't want to pay dowry. Trust me if u are my babe 4 a week ur life go change. Its just dat I hate all those their stupid culture
Wey no make sense. Imagie the issue of osu(outcast) and the rest of the barbaric culture we have this bride price thng has to do with greed. Why must we pay 4 awife I can't. Understand I t. It does mean I can't spend 4 my girl.

1 Like

Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: Idowu wetin happen. u just dey attack me noni. Abeg leave me oo make I drink water keep cup
Seriously. Its not bciz I don't want to pay dowry. Trust me if u are my babe 4 a week ur life go change. Its just dat I hate all those their stupid culture
Wey no make sense. Imagie the issue of osu(outcast) and the rest of the barbaric culture we have this bride price thng has to do with greed. Why must we pay 4 awife I can't. Understand I t. It does mean I can't spend 4 my girl.

Na lie jorrrr! my father must collect d nwankego mehnnnn!!!

And u must roll 1 million times b4 i gree follow go house sef,if u lovelust me, u must to roll dat way. tongue wink cheesy
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: Idowu wetin happen. u just dey attack me noni. Abeg leave me oo make I drink water keep cup
The Osu thing is just so painful. cry

Ignorant people.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Killz3(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
Americans have their own culture, so do the Europeans, so what the heck exactly is the aim of this thread? What do you mean do white people pay bride price? How much is the bride price that you are stabbing yourself all over with many pains? undecided

People get time to dey argue meaninglessness. . .Smh!
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
@kez. Sosososo painfull rite here people see me as a culture bastard 4 not playig the culture thng. I tell dem to put demselfs in the so called outkast shoes. Even the christians practice this demonic culture and they still ave the gut to pray to God. shame

1 Like

Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hey idowu. Yes dat reminds me the bobo wuld roll onthe floor 4 his wife( the culture of the yorubas)loooool dat culture too is funny.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
No, OP. Whites don't pay dowry.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Dipwater: @kez. Sosososo painfull rite here people see me as a culture bastard 4 not playig the culture thng. I tell dem to put demselfs in the so called outkast shoes. Even the christians practice this demonic culture and they still ave the gut to pray to God. shame

The one that shocked me recently involved a priest.

He was telling the youths how they shouldn't discriminate against Osus. They asked him if he would let an Osu marry his sis. That was the end of the matter!!

Same people will go to church oh! Deceiving themselves.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEM POSTING?? A MESSAGE KEEPS COMING UP. . .SOMETHING ABOUT OVERLOADED SERVER. ARRGH!
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by neyostica: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2012
@kelz av been wondering what it will feel like to nail a nairalander, will u quench my curiousity
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by kelz88(f): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
neyostica: @kelz av been wondering what it will feel like to nail a nairalander, will u quench my curiousity
Euurrrghh!

No thanks.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by neyostica: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2012
kelz88:
Euurrrghh!

No thanks.
Are you yellow girl ur name sounds like omopupa
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Serpentine(f): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2012
We don't pay bride price in the UK. In the past, the bride used to have a dowery she took to her marriage, this was money and goods from her parents to her husband. If the marriage didn't go ahead or the couple split up, it was expected that the dowery was returned to her parents.

In more recent centuries, the tradition has been that the man presents the bride with a diamond ring on proposing, which should represent approx. 3 months of his income. Traditionally, the bride's parents paid for the wedding, but nowadays, it is more common for the costs to be split among the couple and their families. Most white women here in the UK would be horified at the idea of their father selling her to a husband as it implies she is property.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Dipwater(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
In dat case bride price is outdated
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by jmoore(m): 11:30am On Mar 22, 2012
if you can't pay the bride price, then you cannot take care of your wife and kids. This is our culture, if you do not like it, go and marry a white lady.
Re: Do White People Pay Bride Price? by Hardunnii(f): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2012
jmoore: if you can't pay the bride price, then you cannot take care of your wife and kids. This is our culture, if you do not like it, go and marry a white lady.
Thank you, nigerians should stop using white as benchmark, they have their thing, we have ours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, What Are Some Advantages Of Dating You? / My Girlfriend Confessed She Had Sex With Her Roommate / Fake Jessicaseth Busted- "...I Don't Use Nairaland"(d Real Jessicaseth)----PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.