Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival (28973 Views)

My Travel Experience With Arik Airline / Step To Have Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online 2014 - 2015, Save Money?? / Republic Of Georgia Visa On Arrival Document!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrimoto(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ henrychubayo. welldone bro! nice job. pls, 4rm ur visit 2 swaziland, what can u say about d country..
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
evantical: plz help me check shops or who i can meet or site i can go to . Renting will be cheaper and more preferable.tnks
Its not easy my brother unless you are here. it can be easy to guide you if you are already in Jozzy than in Nija and making inquires here. As i said before, shops are good though but you just need to be careful where you sight it cause it does not need to be deep in where the local occupy so that they don't constantly harm or attack you. Those 8tha guys are very lazy but once you establish a shop around local people and its moving, they will want to chase you out by all means. meanwhile in business moving area, you will be asked to buy the shop which could cause millions in nija naira if converted. Though not all will you be required to buy. so you need to be around to weigh everything
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
henrimoto: @ henrychubayo. welldone bro! nice job. pls, 4rm ur visit 2 swaziland, what can u say about d country..

The country is very peaceful. i was surprise to see many Nigerians there making some cool cash. A very small country. the land scape is not balance but mountains. The currency is the same with south africa some its more than naira. Houses are cheaper compared with south africa. their visa is stamp and not stickers. they have beautiful women but don't kiss in public. Nice hotels for tourist as well is full that side. They like Nija Movies and music very well that you will see it every coner of the street you go in there town. Nigerians living there go to Nigerian embassy in Mozambique for consular thing cause there is none in that country. When i went there, they showed me one yoruba guy who just came in not more than 2 years and start to repair phones and from there, he makes it for himself cause i can see his car and his looks showed also. Very nice country if you wish to visit there.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Yemzat(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Tnx my guy 4 ur candid advice......
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Yemzat(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pls and pls bayo dnt get ur fbk username,2gochat or whatsapp pls.if any.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrimoto(m): 4:31am On Jul 08, 2013
henrychubayo:

The country is very peaceful. i was surprise to see many Nigerians there making some cool cash. A very small country. the land scape is not balance but mountains. The currency is the same with south africa some its more than naira. Houses are cheaper compared with south africa. their visa is stamp and not stickers. they have beautiful women but don't kiss in public. Nice hotels for tourist as well is full that side. They like Nija Movies and music very well that you will see it every coner of the street you go in there town. Nigerians living there go to Nigerian embassy in Mozambique for consular thing cause there is none in that country. When i went there, they showed me one yoruba guy who just came in not more than 2 years and start to repair phones and from there, he makes it for himself cause i can see his car and his looks showed also. Very nice country if you wish to visit there.
haaaahaa! they ve beautiful women! no wonder, their king keeps marrying more wives @ will. na point and pick d king dey do..lol. henrychubayo, thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2013
Yemzat: Pls and pls bayo dnt get ur fbk username,2gochat or whatsapp pls.if any.

I got whatsapp on my phone. If u drop ur number, I can whatsapp you.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Yemzat(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2013
Tnx +2348105695324
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Yemzat: Tnx +2348105695324

I will give u number of a Nigerian guy living there. He knows the runs very well. I will send it to ur phone.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Yemzat(m): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tanx man.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by evanstical: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
oga henry tnx for the feedback.But really I dont know how much I will have if am to start something.I really want to travel.have even been thinking of going to Dubai and may be later to Southy, but anywhere that will be more favourable.and besides I want to be coming home more often because minibiz I have here .Please what Biz or thing man go? . This country don tire me.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by untainted: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2013
Henry I see you are doing a very great job here.
Please a friend of mine is applying for
a master at Rhodes University but is seeking
accommodation outside the school.

The problem is that the school's boarding with
food is 56300 Rands and the contact in the
school (a staff) is not helpful with regards to
options outside the school.

Please do you have an idea of how much a miniflat
or self-contained apartment costs in Grahamstown
where the school is located?

Any other information about cost of living there
will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
evanstical: oga henry tnx for the feedback.But really I dont know how much I will have if am to start something.I really want to travel.have even been thinking of going to Dubai and may be later to Southy, but anywhere that will be more favourable.and besides I want to be coming home more often because minibiz I have here .Please what Biz or thing man go? . This country don tire me.

if you have the cash, you will see a nice genuine business you will do here unlike many whp don't have anything when coming and making survival hard. I can't tell you anything to do but once you have the money and come, you will see. One thing i noticed is that Nigerians are born entrepreneurs and can develop a business once the feel the environment that they are. You will see somethng to do.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
untainted: Henry I see you are doing a very great job here.
Please a friend of mine is applying for
a master at Rhodes University but is seeking
accommodation outside the school.

The problem is that the school's boarding with
food is 56300 Rands and the contact in the
school (a staff) is not helpful with regards to
options outside the school.

Please do you have an idea of how much a miniflat
or self-contained apartment costs in Grahamstown
where the school is located?

Any other information about cost of living there
will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

To be truthful to you, i have not been i that town before. i have been to many places but not this one. But on a general point of view concerning accommodation in south Africa especially the Gauteng district where Johannesburg, santon, Roodepoort and other cities are located, the accommodations are very costly. its always difficult for new comers and students. What we do here is shared accomodation which in a flat, you could find more than 5 people living and paying for it. it makes life easy like that instead of paying a whole flat rate alone. Please go to olx.co.za and look for shared accomodation and cheap one for that matter. Let me now break it a bit down.

In a day you could spend
atleast R60(equivalent of 1200 naira) for food if some nigerians there sell nigerian food but if no nigerian food, it could reach R100-R120 per day.

Transport R20-R30 per day for mini bus called taxi here.
i cant remember anything else.

advice let their women alone. 80% are HIV+.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by olabent85(m): 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
My guy I can assure u that u getting a South African visa on renewal is not guaranteed again cos I had the same experience when I went to there on my trip to South Africa I also visited Mozambique I came back to South Africa same day Johannesburg to be precise and I came to Nigeria after a week my visa expired and I tried renewing and I was refused due to the trip I made to Mozambique I was told I was meant to apply for a transit visa before I left to South Africa and I should never apply again that their immigration rule does not allow that so peeps be warned ok and they will stamp your passport with red stamp here in lagos be warned
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by dakheel: 5:33am On Jul 17, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.I also want to know more about.make your your trip luxury with Royal jets aircraft services with give customers full satisfaction of safety in private jets that makes our trip happy.

http://royaljets.com/royal-jets/
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by 7HighTech: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pls, I want to know the risk involved in buying a one way flight ticket from Lagos to Moscow as a first time International student. I'm a first time international traveller, I want to have an idea of what I might face at the Moscow airport in the hand of the Immigration officers. Pls, I need a very quick reply. Thank you!
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by untainted: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thanks bro, I really appreciate.
We did the calculation and we arrived at the fact that
in the absence of shared accommodation, it will be
cheaper and better to stay in the school apartment.
We checked the website you provided but Grahamstown
is not listed there.
At 120 for food a day, in 360 days, he will spend 43200
Rands and at 100 daily on food alone, he will spend
36000 Rands.
Then he will spend on taxi, electricity, water and other
utilities.

The school charges (56300 per annum) covers all of that
of course minus the taxi but the hostel is located within
the campus. There is also internet in the hostel.
The accommodation officer also warned of dire consequences
if you opt out of the school accommodation half way.
Well, we are still looking at the options available.
Once more, thank you very much

henrychubayo:

To be truthful to you, i have not been i that town before. i have been to many places but not this one. But on a general point of view concerning accommodation in south Africa especially the Gauteng district where Johannesburg, santon, Roodepoort and other cities are located, the accommodations are very costly. its always difficult for new comers and students. What we do here is shared accomodation which in a flat, you could find more than 5 people living and paying for it. it makes life easy like that instead of paying a whole flat rate alone. Please go to olx.co.za and look for shared accomodation and cheap one for that matter. Let me now break it a bit down.

In a day you could spend
atleast R60(equivalent of 1200 naira) for food if some nigerians there sell nigerian food but if no nigerian food, it could reach R100-R120 per day.

Transport R20-R30 per day for mini bus called taxi here.
i cant remember anything else.

advice let their women alone. 80% are HIV+.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 7:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
olabent85: My guy I can assure u that u getting a South African visa on renewal is not guaranteed again cos I had the same experience when I went to there on my trip to South Africa I also visited Mozambique I came back to South Africa same day Johannesburg to be precise and I came to Nigeria after a week my visa expired and I tried renewing and I was refused due to the trip I made to Mozambique I was told I was meant to apply for a transit visa before I left to South Africa and I should never apply again that their immigration rule does not allow that so peeps be warned ok and they will stamp your passport with red stamp here in lagos be warned

You might be correct my brother but am not using visa in south Africa. am using Temporary resident permit which entitled me to go out and come in. with this type of permit, you can go to ant country and come back. i have also been to Swaziland on the permit after my visit to Mozambique. Another opportunity i have as a TPR holder is to apply for visa here to go to Europe and other countries as well. but you advice is good for those who are coming here on visa. .
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
7HighTech: Pls, I want to know the risk involved in buying a one way flight ticket from Lagos to Moscow as a first time International student. I'm a first time international traveller, I want to have an idea of what I might face at the Moscow airport in the hand of the Immigration officers. Pls, I need a very quick reply. Thank you!

My advice is buy a return ticket to Nigeria in case you need to use it. it expires after one year. Again, i have tried several times to check the price of a one way ticket but my finding was that the price is more higher to buy a one way than to buy a return. you have nothing to lose. Go ahead and buy a return ticket even though you are a student. Its very very necessary.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by gabrielride: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2013
good one @henrychubayo
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by henrychubayo: 8:22am On Aug 21, 2013
gabrielride: @henrychubayo i love u so much, I must say u are doing a good job, pls I want to relocate to South African, though an agent charged me N140k to get the visa for me, though I called my girlfriend who is a citizen their, and she told me getting a job there is not easy as you've earlier stated, I heard South Africa is a nice place but am a little bit discouraged, knowing that i don't have enough money to start a business as you've advice,

Please my reason for posting is this, am confused if I should still come or go to Dubai, I will need your candid advice

Thanks for the compliments. As i said before, getting a job is not easy. Am a graduate from Nigeria but no job. it is business am doing here. The same with many others. unless you want to upgrade your academics here. To stay here, you will also need money to arrange permit to stay. its not easy here. That your GF told you the truth. So just make the decision yourself. If you have enough money, you could start a biz here.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by gabrielride: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2013
True
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
what a nice country cant wait to be there again.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by uzhi(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Henry, thumbs up for d good job. For repatriation fee for Nigerian, I think its an agent of necessity. I was in Southafrica last year, seeing some of our guys there, i tot i was at computer village in lagos. Precisely in pretoria. The point am trying to make is that few Nigerians are not doing the right thing there and that makes it difficult for others.
Atleast, i knew 6guys roaming about without permit. I was even advised to stay because I entered with one year visiting visa gotten through ghana.
Sa has good weather and clean environment, but one needs money for buz to survive there..

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by xest(m): 12:26am On Apr 08, 2015
Henry thanks so much the way tend to questions here. Pls my question goes this way,how can one get a football club there in SA?

I heard that there league is well organised n they pay well,but very difficult to get a club. I will love you to get me a contact of one or two agents over there if you can. Thanks
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 08, 2015
bro do research abt football thing very well. But i may link u up with hw to get there through swaziland, forget fb they have their own pros too.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2015
Get your Swaziland visa in just 2 weeks faster and reliable.@my signature.
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by 1metre: 10:29am On May 27, 2016
henrychubayo:

Bandie, american embassy in south africa gives 10 years visas to applicants. The embassy tends to aviod over crowding at the premises unlike the ones we have in nigeria. This means that applicants who gets the visa has no need to visit the embassy again for 10 years unless for other consular matters. It sounds interesting isn't it? Also if a nigerian have a house in south Africa, and possess the permanent resident status, the visa is guaranteed. Am speaking from a confirmed source
U don't just get a 10 years USA Visa by mere presenting you documents or fear of crowd in the US embassy here, the system is still same even in Nigeria, u must first have a valid permit and a substantial amount in your account or you are running a business with a good SARS record. the only ground u can get the visa without much documentation is if and only if you are traveling as an organization, e.g the ohaneze ndi igbo organized a seminar in USA which benefited most nigerian resident here in SA, they issued 10 years is you have a South African Passport but if you have a nigerian passport with a valid permit, the issued them 2 years, i am a witness
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Adex00135: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2016
Please guys I want travel to mozambique next month have buy my ticket and hotel reservation hope it will for me to enter or I still need another document but have travelled to kenya before please guys help me
Re: My Travel Experience & Visa On Arrival by Silvabae: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Adex00135:
Please guys I want travel to mozambique next month have buy my ticket and hotel reservation hope it will for me to enter or I still need another document but have travelled to kenya before please guys help me
Did you get the Visa cause Im planning a trip. I have been to SA before. But now I want to go to mozambique straight from Nigeria and informations seems to be limited online. Saw this and wanted to ask if you travelled and what requirements did you use. I hope for a reply or reply for anyone with an idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Embassy Of Ecuador Denies Visa Free Agreement With Nigeria / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? / ''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.