Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? (12900 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church! / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Solomon: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man Or A Foolish Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: MOG=MEN OF GOD. Please explain the ego of God(No fear,no shaking).we know he is terrible grin. Is there nt a correlation between ego,conscience and made in his image?
ahhh MEN OF GOD, there is no such thing as men of god. we are all servants of God. so called men of god are on pedestals created by men and as such they have huge egos.

LOL HE SURE IS TERRIBLE PSALMS 47 VS 2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. grin grin

My hands are too short to box with God and they are definitely too short to talk about the most high in that way. like i said, i dont want to be struck by lightening.

ego-your perception of your self and the response it stirs up in you
conscience-the Godly side of your spirit that lets you know when what you are doing is wrong
made in his image-well thats self explanatory grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Unitedabby(m): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
@buzugee,may God forgive you for the baloney you have uttered.say amen!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
United_abby: @buzugee,may God forgive you for the baloney you have uttered.say amen!
you know what your problem is ? you are not yet approved
2 TIMOTHY 2 VS 15-STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED ( I STUDY THESE WORDS HARD )
1 THESALONIANS 5 VS 21 -PROVE ALL THINGS (I PROVE EVERYTHING I SAY WITH SCRIPTURAL VERSES)
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: buzuzu-gee grin .please answer me.
already did Chief mkmyers45. took a little while to get to it. just found out this thread is on front page. i better tone down my posts grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Lovine: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2012
antartica: Solomon never existed as in form of the oba of lagos or oba of benin. Most of the bible stories are metarphorical,taking them literally will keep you blind for good like it is doing to you thirdworldleans right now

So there was no Israel, no Pharaoh, no red or reed sea, no Jericho, no Gaza as we know today, etc. Blind people that said there is no God. I am sorry for such people. First world indeed.

1 Like

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
United_abby: @buzugee,may God forgive you for the baloney you have uttered.say amen!
didn't i say it?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: didn't i say it?
so you are agreeing with a bellicose and pugnacious opinionated nincompoop ? angry
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: ahhh MEN OF GOD, there is no such thing as men of god. we are all servants of God. so called men of god are on pedestals created by men and as such they have huge egos.

LOL HE SURE IS TERRIBLE PSALMS 47 VS 2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth. grin grin

My hands are too short to box with God and they are definitely too short to talk about the most high in that way. like i said, i dont want to be struck by lightening.

ego-your perception of your self and the response it stirs up in you
conscience-the Godly side of your spirit that lets you know when what you are doing is wrong
made in his image-well thats self explanatory grin
no men of God :O . Abeg, its important to explain Gods percepion of himself so we can relate it to human's perception of themselves.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: so you are agreeing with a bellicose and pugnacious opinionated nincompoop ? angry
no, im not. I just meant it as i have said earlier that most may accuse you of heresy.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: no men of God :O . Abeg, its important to explain Gods percepion of himself so we can relate it to human's perception of themselves.
well in that case you will have to fast for 40 days and take a vow of celibacy. then pray steadfastly. when he appears to you then you can ask him about his ego grin grin grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: no, im not. I just meant it as i have said earlier that most may accuse you of heresy.
you know when the messiah was on earth everyone said what he was uttering was heresy. thats why they killed him.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: well in that case you will have to fast for 40 days and take a vow of celibacy. then pray steadfastly. when he appears to you then you can ask him about his ego grin grin grin
i know you are already fasting and being celibate so i will wait for you. Please when you ask him/her please tell me.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: you know when the messiah was on earth everyone said what he was uttering was heresy. thats why they killed him.
Hmmm..but if men are made in the image of God dosent that mean human characters/likness are God's character and likeness?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: i know you are already fasting and being celibate so i will wait for you. Please when you ask him/her please tell me.
you are the curious one. i dont need to know about the lords ego. of what good is such information to anyone ? Chief mkmyers45 i think its time to leave that weed alone grin grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2012
mkmyers45: Hmmm..but if men are made in the image of God dosent that mean human characters/likness are God's character and likeness?
you do know there is a huge difference between image and character right ?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Theblessed(f): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2012
[size=16pt]He who God has blessed who can curse?

If the Almighty pronounced Solomon wise, who are you to say otherwise?

For those who query King Solomon's wisdom, the reason you hardly could see his deeds as wise is because,
you're walking on the natural realm - you are of the world as you view things from the perspective of a natural man/woman instead of spiritual.

I suggest, you tap into your spiritual man, he will direct you on the right path.

Solomon was and still is, the wisest King - no one has ever shown greater gift, than his![/size]
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by achi4u(m): 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
at what age did solomon become a king?

'to know when he started acquring girls as concubine'
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: you are the curious one. i dont need to know about the lords ego. of what good is such information to anyone ? Chief mkmyers45 i think its time to leave that weed alone grin grin
and they said "The son of man eats with sinners and with the power of the prince of demons"Get thee behind me buzuzu-gee grin grin (Abi dont you seek the face of the lord? What do you ask him?)
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt]He who God has blessed who can curse?

If the Almighty pronounced Solomon wise, who are you to say otherwise?

For those who query King Solomon's wisdom, the reason you hardly could see his deeds as wise is because,
you're walking on the natural realm - you are of the world as you view things from the perspective of a natural man/woman instead of spiritual.

I suggest, you tap into your spiritual man, he will direct you on the right path.

Solomon was and still is, the wisest King - no one has ever shown greater gift, than his![/size]

which spirit man? Where is it?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2012
buzugee: you do know there is a huge difference between image and character right ?
The definately has to be a corelation between image and character in relation to God,solomon(mini-god) et al
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by tkovie2002(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2012
I think most of you guys should search the word "Testament of Solomon" on google and read it thoroughly, then you will know how Wise Solomon was and why things ended up with him that way. Up till this moment, no man has a quarter of Solomon's Wisdom.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
Solomon was a wise man in his times. in todays comparison, he will be nothing more than a village headmaster.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by martinkem(m): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
King Solomon wasn't a wise king. The stories of him being a wise king was self instructed and wrongly claimed (Proverbs, he never wrote that book). Like Napoleon once said history is nothing but fables agreed upon by the victors
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Martini101(m): 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
What Wisdom did Solomon have ? Is it d case of two Women that were draging d ownership of a little baby. So if one of d women didnt back out from his decision to divide d baby into two, he would have allowd d division! What kind of wisdom would dat be? Meanwhile, some Mothers, if in dat situation would have allowed d Child to be divided instead of d other Woman to take d child. Wise Solomon indeed! Accordin to my fellow Nairalanders, D guy is an 'Odechukwu retardeen'. Lol
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by DePriest2(m): 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
EZEK 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:
Here God was comparing the wisdom of Satan with Daniel, if Solomon was wiser than Daniel God wouldn't have made this statement. Solomon wisdom became foolishness because he refused to honor God. Most of the statement you read in the book of proverbs were not really from Solomon. Most of the proverbs were the advise David gave his son Solomon, when you study it carefully you will discover a lot of them.
The same thing is still happening in the life of pastors today, when God anoint's them and they start using it to glorify themselves, the anointing departs from them, then they will begin to function with the residue of what they used to have. Then their doctrine will change and they begin to manipulate their flock with greek word and hebrew word trying to change all the verses of the bible.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by oiseworld: 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Seun: He was not a wise man by modern standards, and certainly not a good man. But the world was dumber then.

oga seun no no no no no on this one!!
The efficacy of proverbs is getting more proven even these days. The world has not changed, the ways of the world are still the same. So solomon was and is still going to be the wisest that ever lived. The words of God in the bible gets clearer and clearer by the day, we are the ones who don't search it.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Iolo(m): 12:04am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: modern standards are dictated by whomsoever is in charge of the world. currently, the world is in control of the gentiles, more specifically the wicked, more specifically the edomites. job 9 vs 24 - the earth is handed to the wicked to rule because the righteous have fallen (romans 11 vs 11). so you will have to change your point to 'he was not a wise man by wicked standards'. was the world dumber then ? lets see, no pollution, no starvation, no hunger, all organic food, no diseases, no wars started for resources, no people dropping bombs on each other just to steal their oil, subsistent living, every man owned hiw own land and vineyards. yeah you are right, they were way dumber cry
was he a wise man ? you only have to read the books of proverbs, ecclesiastes, and wisdom of solomon to surmise that he was a very wise man. now was he wise enough not to trip over his own ego ? no, but then who is ?

Not to trump your argument but the part bolded is just plain wrong. Anyone with facts could rightly argue that there's less hunger, less starvation, less wars and less unnecessary killings in this generation than @ any other point in history.

We produce more food, have developed medicine so people no longer die from meagre infections like small pox or malaria and then nobody goes to war anyhow again.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by agiboma(f): 12:07am On Mar 24, 2012
@ Antartica wow you made the most sense about the stories and people in the bible being part of the mataphysical realm. Was very nice to read you insight.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by anneduke: 1:09am On Mar 24, 2012
kinda
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Detongue: 1:10am On Mar 24, 2012
I hope some ppl 'ill not blasphem, thread with care
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 1:29am On Mar 24, 2012
mkmyers45: and they said "The son of man eats with sinners and with the power of the prince of demons"Get thee behind me buzuzu-gee grin grin (Abi dont you seek the face of the lord? What do you ask him?)
seeking his face is different from asking about his ego. i dont ask him for much. i study his words and try to obey his commandments. then i let his promises kick in retroactively. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Christian Doctrine Of Salvation And The World's Religions / My Prayer For Trinitarians / Time And Chance Happeneth To Them All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.