Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? (12901 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Wise Man John Chi Returns To TB Joshua's Church! / One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Solomon: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man Or A Foolish Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 1:35am On Mar 24, 2012
Iolo:

Not to trump your argument but the part bolded is just plain wrong. Anyone with facts could rightly argue that there's less hunger, less starvation, less wars and less unnecessary killings in this generation than @ any other point in history.

We produce more food, have developed medicine so people no longer die from meagre infections like small pox or malaria and then nobody goes to war anyhow again.
dudring the reign of king solomon, this was the era when israel hadnt been raided by outside forces. israel was still right with the lord. the place was a den of luxury. priests strolling around in their purple priestly robes with golden embroidments and with golden drinking cups and golden sceptres. the women they say when they walk their feet never touched the ground. each man had his own vineyard. all the elders met at the courtyard to jerusalem while all the kids played together. it was lovely. no bills, everything was free. there was no hunger, no diseases, everything was lovely. it was only when king solomon start worshipping idols that he, through his idol worshipping allowed the lord to remove his protection from israel and then the greeks started the begining of the end of israel. so the era you are talking about started with the maccabees. the era of intense oppression by the greeks and the greeks putting taxes on them and desecrating their temples and killing the israelites and whatnot. prior to that it was all lovely. when alexander the greek conquered the world is when effectively caucasians started taking over the world.

LAMENTATIONS 5 VS 4 'We have to pay to drink our own water. We have to pay to chop our own wood'.
These bloody caucasians. they havent changed. they are still taxing everybody to the hilt. its their modus operandus. as soon as they took over israel they put taxes on every commodity. the lord let the caucasians take over because he removed his protection from israel.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 1:42am On Mar 24, 2012
LeoMax: Solomon was a wise man in his times. in todays comparison, he will be nothing more than a village headmaster.
you know what your problem is ? you are seduced by the ways of the wicked. scripture says PROVERBS 12 VS 26. but the way of the wicked seduceth them.
scripture also says 1 corinthians 3 vs 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight.

so if the lord says solomon is wise, and the same lord says, the wisdom of the world is foolishness to me, then who is wiser ? dont answer this if you are an atheist
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by saska1122: 2:40am On Mar 24, 2012
I may not have time to argue whether Solomon was a wise man or not since most of us only see things from our own point of view. We sometimes lack the patience to reason objectively and that is one of the problem we are where we are as a nation.

Those saying that Solomon is a 'metaphorical' character created by Christendom, did christians write the Quran? Solomon is called Suleiman in the Quran. Ever heard of 'The Queen of Sheba' visiting Solomon? She was from Ethopia, and secular history documents her genealogy in the Ethopian history. Even upto Emperor Haile Selassie I. Be informed that the internet is a recent invention and that humans put things on the internet. So the Internet is NOT the overall source of information. There million of books and information yet to make it to the internet. Try and read wide!!

2 Likes

Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 3:19am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: HMMM LETS SEE PROOF OF HIS WISDOM
he wrote
1-the book of ecclesiastes in the bible
2-wisdom of solomon in the apocrypha
3-book of proverbs

Only proves he had a brain he could use.
Nothing more.
Are you that easy to please?
Barely interesting read but mediocre.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/wise

wise 1 (wz)
adj. wis·er, wis·est

1. Having the ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; sagacious: a wise leader.

a. Exhibiting common sense; prudent: a wise decision.
b. Shrewd; crafty.

3. Having great learning; erudite.

4. Provided with information; informed. Used with to: was wise to the politics of the department.

5. Slang Rude and disrespectful; impudent.

Phrasal Verb:
wise up Slang
To make or become aware, informed, or sophisticated.

King Solomon wise? Absolutely not.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:25am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Only proves he had a brain he could use.
Nothing more.
Are you that easy to please?
Interesting read but mediocre.
DUNNO ABOUT YOU BUT ANY PERSON WHO WRITES THREE WHOLE BOOKS IN THE GREATEST SELLING BOOK OF ALL TIMES IS WORTHY OF MY RESPECT. IF YOU THINK THAT IS BEING EASILY PLEASED, OH WELL SO BE IT.

ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY HE DID NOT WRITE IT AS ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD BREATHED (2 TIMOTHY 3 VS 16) BUT STILL THE LORD SAW FIT TO USE HIM AS A VESSEL FOR THE WORDS. THATS DIVINELY IMPRESSIVE
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 3:27am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: DUNNO ABOUT YOU BUT ANY PERSON WHO WRITES THREE WHOLE BOOKS IN THE GREATEST SELLING BOOK OF ALL TIMES IS WORTHY OF MY RESPECT. IF YOU THINK THAT IS BEING EASILY PLEASED, OH WELL SO BE IT.

3 whole books?

Have you ever heard of Adam Smith?
Or Shakespeare?
The criterion is 'writing books'?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:28am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

3 whole books?

Have you ever heard of Adam Smith?
Or Shakespeare?
ADAM SMITH AND SHAKESPEARE WERE NOT DIVINELY INSPIRED. THEY WROTE CARNAL BOOKS FOR CARNAL MINDS.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 3:33am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: ADAM SMITH AND SHAKESPEARE WERE NOT DIVINELY INSPIRED. THEY WROTE CARNAL BOOKS FOR CARNAL MINDS.

Divinely inspired?
So was Lucifer.
. . . or the 'serpent' in the Garden of Eden. kiss
That divinity of yours must be a piece of work for sure.

Are YOU not also divinely inspired?
Where are YOUR books?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:38am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Divinely inspired?
So was Lucifer.
. . . or the 'serpent' in the Garden of Eden. kiss
That divinity of yours must be a piece of work for sure.

Are YOU not also divinely inspired?
Where are YOUR books?
LUCIFER CAN HARDLY BE DIVINELY INSPIRED. LUCIFER IS A CARNALLY MINDED KINGDOM ON EARTH CALLED AMERICA. HARDLY DIVINE PLACE SEEING AS THEY RECENTLY LEGALIZED HOMOSEXUALITY. AS FOR THE SERPENT ? THAT WAS A MAN PEDDLING A DIFFERENT PHILOSOPHY AND DOCTRINE. IT WASNT ACTUALLY A PHYSICAL SNAKE. THATS AN ALLEGORICAL REPRESENTATION. HARDLY DIVINE.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 3:41am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: LUCIFER CAN HARDLY BE DIVINELY INSPIRED. LUCIFER IS A CARNALLY MINDED KINGDOM ON EARTH CALLED AMERICA. HARDLY DIVINE PLACE SEEING AS THEY RECENTLY LEGALIZED HOMOSEXUALITY. AS FOR THE SERPENT ? THAT WAS A MAN PEDDLING A DIFFERENT PHILOSOPHY AND DOCTRINE. IT WASNT ACTUALLY A PHYSICAL SNAKE. THATS AN ALLEGORICAL REPRESENTATION. HARDLY DIVINE.

Mu he he he he he
Klazzzical BS!
Rock on with ya bad self!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:44am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Mu he he he he he
Klazzzical BS!
Rock on with ya bad self!
scripture says 2 TIMOTHY 2 VS 15 Study to show yourself approved to God
MAYBE HE CAN OPEN UP THE DOORS OF UNDERSTANDING TO YOU IF YOU STUDY FOR HIS APPROVAL wink
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 3:46am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: scripture says 2 TIMOTHY 2 VS 15 Study to show yourself approved to God
MAYBE HE CAN OPEN UP THE DOORS OF UNDERSTANDING TO YOU IF YOU STUDY FOR HIS APPROVAL wink

The 'cleverest' fox in the so-called Bible has got to be the HOLY SPIRIT.
How he was able to metamorphose into a PEHNIS to phock another man's wife. . .has never been duplicated in history, politics or religion. Do you know poor Mary did not even know when she got phocked? grin

My vote goes to the HOLY SPIRIT. . .truly divinely inspired to 'PHOCK' and commit adultery and fornication in one sitting.
Poor Joseph had to play along.

Mu che che che che che che

Solo my brother, step aside! THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE WISEST MOFO IN THE HISTORY OF GOD'S DIVINELY-INSPIRED!!!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:51am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti: The 'cleverest' fox in the so-called Bible has got to be the HOLY SPIRIT.
How he was able to metamophose into a PEHNIS to phock another man's wife. . .has never been duplicated in history, politics or religion.

My vote goes to the HOLY SPIRIT. . .truly divinely inspired to 'PHOCK' and commit adultery and fornication in one sitting.

Solo my brother, step aside!
ACTUALLY THE STORY OF IMMACULATE CONCEPTION WAS PIGGY BACKED OFF THE STORY OF NIMROD AND SEMIRAMIS, BOTH BABYLONIAN KING AND QUEEN. WHEN NIMROD DIED, SEMIRAMIS GOT PREGNANT AND THEN FOR FEAR OF BEEN CALLED A LovePeddler SHE FORMULATED THE STORY OF IMMACULATE CONCEPPTION. SHE GAVE BIRTH TO TAMMUZ. THIS STORY GOT PASSED ON TO EGYPT WHERE TAMMUZ BECAME HORUS AND SEMIRAMIS BECAME ISIS. THEN FROM THERE IT SPREAD ALL OVER THE WORLD AND THEN THE ROMANS WHEN THEY WERE IN CONTROL OF THE WORLD ADOPTED THE STORY FOR JESUS AND MARY. ITS A HOAX. MARY WAS NOT A VIRGIN. SHE SLEPT WITH JOSEPH. SEE CHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION THAT WAS CONCOCTED BY THE ROMANS.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 3:56am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: ACTUALLY THE STORY OF IMMACULATE CONCEPTION WAS PIGGY BACKED OFF THE STORY OF NIMROD AND SEMIRAMIS, BOTH BABYLONIAN KING AND QUEEN. WHEN NIMROD DIED, SEMIRAMIS GOT PREGNANT AND THEN FOR FEAR OF BEEN CALLED A LovePeddler SHE FORMULATED THE STORY OF IMMACULATE CONCEPPTION. SHE GAVE BIRTH TO TAMMUZ. THIS STORY GOT PASSED ON TO EGYPT WHERE TAMMUZ BECAME HORUS AND SEMIRAMIS BECAME ISIS. THEN FROM THERE IT SPREAD ALL OVER THE WORLD AND THEN THE ROMANS WHEN THEY WERE IN CONTROL OF THE WORLD ADOPTED THE STORY FOR JESUS AND MARY. ITS A HOAX. MARY WAS NOT A VIRGIN. SHE SLEPT WITH JOSEPH. SEE CHRISTIANITY IS A RELIGION THAT WAS CONCOCTED BY THE ROMANS.
WTF Buzuzu-gee i no gree for this one o. oya come and prove it o or you enter the books as a fake SOG.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 3:58am On Mar 24, 2012
mkmyers45: WTF Buzuzu-gee i no gree for this one o. oya come and prove it o or you enter the books as a fake SOG.
grin GOOGLE IS YA FRIEND grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 4:03am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: grin GOOGLE IS YA FRIEND grin
Give structured right up please grin grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 4:05am On Mar 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Give structured right up please grin grin
hmm ok http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id563.html
wink
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by mkmyers45(m): 4:16am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: hmm ok http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id563.html
wink
Virgin birth scam lol
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 4:18am On Mar 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Virgin birth scam lol
now you know grin
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 4:19am On Mar 24, 2012
mkmyers45: Virgin birth scam lol

Gbam!

Buzeegee don lose again!
Does not make a good case for the 'Christian' story-book.
BUSTED!!!!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 4:31am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Gbam!

Buzeegee don lose again!
Does not make a good case for the 'Christian' story-book.
BUSTED!!!!
this dude is a juvenile. i am the one who outed the theory. and i am not a christian. do you even bother to read ? are you on anxiety drugs or something ?
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 5:10am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: this dude is a juvenile. i am the one who outed the theory. and i am not a christian. do you even bother to read ? are you on anxiety drugs or something ?

You are obviously the one on drugs.
Get you dose titrated.
If you are a Christian or not. . . I don't care.
You are quite insignificant and not researchable. Frankly a waste of time.
Buzz off!
If this is your thread, state it so that it can be avoided in the future.
You make a very dull and un-intelligient piece of low-life.
Move ova. . .and stay lost!
Thank you.kiss

"BOO-ZOO"GEE local threads and posts sent to the re-cycle waste bin. . .!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 5:17am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

You are obviously the one on drugs.
Get you dose titrated.
If you are a Christian or not. . . I don't care.
You are quite insignificant and not researchable. Frankly a waste of time.
Buzz off!
If this is your thread, state it so that it can be avoided in the future.
You make a very dull and un-intelligient piece of low-life.
Move ova. . .and stay lost!
Thank you.kiss

"BOO-ZOO"GEE local threads and posts sent to the re-cycle waste bin. . .!
YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOME KIND OF DEMONS ON YOU. YOU COME ACROSS LIKE YOU ARE NOT ALL THERE. PLEASE NEXT TIME YOU SEE MY THREADS OR MY POST, JUST PRETEND LIKE YOU DONT SEE IT
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Callotti: 5:19am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE SOME KIND OF DEMONS ON YOU. YOU COME ACROSS LIKE YOU ARE NOT ALL THERE. PLEASE NEXT TIME YOU SEE MY THREADS OR MY POST, JUST PRETEND LIKE YOU DONT SEE IT

Deal! kiss
Bye!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by buzugee(m): 5:21am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

Deal! kiss[
Bye!
I PITY THE MAN WEY GO PUT MAD PERSON LIKE YOU FOR HOUSE grin grin *sprinkles holy water in thread*
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: have you seen the man before ? sound like you aint a wise man yourself either grin grin
i mean the picture of him painted in the bible doesn't look like a wise man.i expected u to understand dat except dat u must hv wanted to counter me because my opinion's contrary to urs. folks like daniel,deborah n paul were wiser in my opinion.it wasn't necessary for u to insult me.i only gave my 2 cents.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 24, 2012
buzugee: DUNNO ABOUT YOU BUT ANY PERSON WHO WRITES THREE WHOLE BOOKS IN THE GREATEST SELLING BOOK OF ALL TIMES IS WORTHY OF MY RESPECT. IF YOU THINK THAT IS BEING EASILY PLEASED, OH WELL SO BE IT.

ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY HE DID NOT WRITE IT AS ALL SCRIPTURE IS GOD BREATHED (2 TIMOTHY 3 VS 16) BUT STILL THE LORD SAW FIT TO USE HIM AS A VESSEL FOR THE WORDS. THATS DIVINELY IMPRESSIVE
yeah,he supposedly wrote these books.2 of these contain some wisdom esp eccl. but one is sexually stimulating,talking about bossoms and stuff.my questn to u is dis:When did he write these books?was it b4 he started worshipping idols or after worshipping them? Also,did he die an idolater or not??d conventional belief is dat he repented tho i dont see dat anywhere in d bible.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by atasteve: 8:04am On Mar 24, 2012
Bible stories were real. It is sin that have reduced men to powerless being. Anyways, on regeneration through the blood of Jesus; the glory returns.
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Tropilo(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2012
diluminati: what do you think?
Na for ds kain topic dm de see u!
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by KINGwax(m): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Seun: He was not a wise man by modern standards, and certainly not a good man. But the world was dumber then.
and apparently, u're not! It's a pity u claimed d world was dumb then, but u got wise based on the improvement made on their intentions.
1. Like, he has d first bank where he store his wealth.
2. There was no war during his time because he married the daughters of his adversaries. Hence, so many women.
3. Division of labour during the building of the temple.
4. As at that time, d temple's architecture was d greatest master piece.
5. He was d 3rd king of isreal and the first to treat his chiefs to goodies that they can't go against him. Jst like sharing the national cake. My friend, corruption is wisdom.
And lastly, as dumb as your new site is, i can see it's getting improved too but it becomes a basis for others to do thiers better. Cos then,in d future, looking back at your site, you must be dumb and foolish then. Not wise too
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by SNCOQ3(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2012
Solomon - From Righteousness To Idolatry
by Sola Scriptura

Outside of David his father, Solomon is the most famous King world wide. He's not only known for his great wisdom, wealth and power, but also as the King who built the Temple in Jerusalem. Solomon also wrote the book of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon in the Bible. As many had done after him, he started out with a bang, but ended with a whimper.

Solomon took the throne of Israel around 967 B.C. and ruled for 40 years. The first 20 years of his reign were prosperous. He took on many building projects in Israel, he ruled righteously and there was peace. As time wore on though Solomon began trusting in his power and wealth. He became proud and this was the beginning of his slide. Instead of trusting in God who gave Solomon the kingdom, Solomon began building foreign alliances through marriages. Ultimately Solomon ended up with 700 wives and 300 concubines.

By Solomon's disobedience to the Law and intermarrying with so many foreign women when he became older, they influenced him into idolatry. Solomon never stopped worshiping God, but he also included other gods. (1 Kings 11:4) Solomon tolerated idolatry and compromised God's Truth for himself. He allowed paganism to mingle with the One true God and settled on worldly wisdom rather than what was divine.

It's fair to say Solomon ran after the flesh when he should have been following closely behind God and depending on Him to keep him on a straight path.

He knew God's commands, he'd been tremendously blessed by God and was visited by God twice only to eventually turn away. God became angry with Solomon and promised that He would tear the kingdom away from him but for David's sake he would leave Solomon one tribe while the others would be ripped away. It would happen, God said, under the rule of his son. And it did. (1 Kings 11:9-13) Solomon gives us a clear example of what happens when we allow other things to take the place of God.

This is where Solomon fell. It's tragic that a man so blessed by God, who was even allowed to live from birth, who was exalted to the throne of Israel for no other reason then God picked him and he turns his worship to other gods, himself and women. Solomon should serve as an example that all the wisdom he had he eventually just became a fool. For all the wealth he had Solomon became bankrupt inside and it had far reaching repercussions. Wealth is not such a blessing. The more someone has the more they're prone to turn away. In the end, it cannot save anyone. Nothing can save us but God alone. We will all still die and take nothing with us and everything we've worshiped will sit in judgment against us.

He is jealous over us, His name, His character, His sovereignty, His throne, His crown, all things He created and will not allow anything else to take His place. Sometimes He will have strike us to get us to turn back to Him and it can be devastating, but always necessary. I believe Solomon is in heaven, because years later he did repent and turn away, but like I end so many other posts...there are no great men and women of God. Only a great God.

http://arieladinamoorebranded..com/2011/03/solomon-from-righteousness-to-idolatry.html
Re: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man? by Tropilo(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti:

The 'cleverest' fox in the so-called Bible has got to be the HOLY SPIRIT.
How he was able to metamorphose into a PEHNIS to phock another man's wife. . .has never been duplicated in history, politics or religion. Do you know poor Mary did not even know when she got phocked? grin

Poor Joseph had to play along.

Solo my brother, step aside! THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE WISEST MOFO IN THE HISTORY OF GOD'S DIVINELY-INSPIRED!!!
May The GOOD LORD GOD have mercy on ur soul. May u live to repent of ur saddistic thoughts and words to proclaim The WORD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Christian Doctrine Of Salvation And The World's Religions / SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES You Might Have Had,might have in future,and THEIR MEANINGS / Time And Chance Happeneth To Them All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.