Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members (11618 Views)

NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates / NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison / Nscdc Arrests 69 Fake Nysc Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by stepo707: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2012
87 fake Corps members were paraded at the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps’ headquarters in Abuja on Wednesday.

The fake Corps members who were mainly females were arrested by the men of NSCDC at an illegal camp in Loptik Guest House, along Shagari way in Nasarawa Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

They were camped by an acclaimed agent of National Youth Service Corps who was said to be at large.

While parading the fake Corps members, the NSCDC Head of Public Relations, Mr. Emmanuel Okeh said “our intelligence staff who helped in apprehending them pretended to be one of them. They never knew that he was understudying their activities.”

“It was when they were expecting their deployment that we clamped down on them and arrested 87 of them”, according to Mr. Okeh

He revealed that “with them, we got the regular NYSC call up letter and kits, waiting for deployment to their various places of primary assignment.”
Networking paying off

Deputy Commandant in-charge of Nasarawa Command, Walter Okubuiroh said the Corps was able to achieve the feat because of its restrategising and networking which started last year.

“We have kept surveillance in virtually all locations of the state. In most cases, abnormalities and threat to security have been uncovered while arrested persons are handed over to appropriate quarters”, he said.

He said most of the victims were students from distance learning sections of their various universities and were made to believe that they would be given the opportunity to serve like other students of their school.

“Our investigation shows that, initially, they took them around the State somewhere in Nyanya where they camped for four days before they were taken to a hotel in Nasarawa.”

Investigations on course

The Deputy Commandant said investigations were still on-going in order to apprehend the syndicate.

In 2010, 54 fake corps members were arrested in an illegal camp in Nasarawa State.

He said the NSCDC will continue to partner with other sister agencies to get to the root of the situation.

Wanting to become a corps member

Most of the arrested graduates claimed they fell into the trap because of their ambition to serve their fatherland.

One of them who pleaded anonymity said she graduated from University of Jos for more than two years and has not been called up for service till date.

“I couldn’t get a job because all the employers were asking for my NYSC certificate. I got N50, 000.00 from my brother to get the call up. I was to pay the balance of N30, 000.00 after deployment”, she revealed.

Another lady who spoke to Daily Trust said she never knew that the syndicate was illegal.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=157666:nscdc-parades-87-fake-corps-members&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by gascoign1(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2012
what a shame! Na by force to go school?
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by fred2265: 10:31am On Mar 22, 2012
Good work by NSCDC
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by arantess: 10:35am On Mar 22, 2012
chaii..... undecided
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by emsquare(m): 10:36am On Mar 22, 2012
You can't blame them joor!!!
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by easydone: 10:39am On Mar 22, 2012
we shouldnt be too forward in blaming these guys! They actually graduated but could not serve, hence could not get jobs. I graduated from LASU Part time school in 2004 and as at today, my whole set is yet to get our NYSC Exemption letter. we were asked to fill a form in 2007, that's the last we've heard of it. I am fortunate to get a paid job; many in my set resulted to menial jobs, some are dead and some were sacked because they could not produce their NYSC cert. Abeg these guys should be released and let the Government face more pressing needs. mshewwww

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by tigerleggs(m): 10:41am On Mar 22, 2012
Good one from Civil Defence. Police would've taken bribe and allow them to go.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by hardbody: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2012
Na wa for these people ooo. If they are this desperate about NYSC discharge certificates, they should go to Oluwole and get copies that are more genuine than the ones issued by the real authorities. They can get this for less than N20k sef. So why pay all those stupendous amount to 'serve'. They are not 'pragmatic' at all. Eediots. Why go through all the trouble to serve fatherland, which kind mumu fatherland be that one sef, 9ja? I dey laff in Hebrew. they should allow them to pass out and therefater send them to Boko Haram Land. I am sooo angry
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by otokx(m): 11:08am On Mar 22, 2012
easydone: we shouldnt be too forward in blaming these guys! They actually graduated but could not serve, hence could not get jobs. I graduated from LASU Part time school in 2004 and as at today, my whole set is yet to get our NYSC Exemption letter. we were asked to fill a form in 2007, that's the last we've heard of it. I am fortunate to get a paid job; many in my set resulted to menial jobs, some are dead and some were sacked because they could not produce their NYSC cert. Abeg these guys should be released and let the Government face more pressing needs. mshewwww

Part time graduates are not required to go for NYSC. The aim of part time is for those who are already in employment to upgrade themselves and as mature students the least age is expected to be over 30 but trust Nigerians to always bastardize and corrupt the system.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Okijajuju1(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2012
Civil Defense and NYSC are bastards. . .

Whats the meaning of this rubbish?!

Most of these corp members were probably victims of NYSC's own uselessness.

Its so shameful that NYSC supposedly set up a sting operation to bust a fake NYSC orientation scam and only caught the victims not the perpetrators. Its like the FBI sets up a drug bust and rather than catch the dealers, catch the users. This country is being run by im'beciles. . .

NYSC should be scrapped. The Nigerian University system should be totally overhauled. both of these bodies are responsible for this mess. When I served, I remember that all of us Foreign trained graduates, the only problem we had was searching for your institution in the NYSC BOOK OF LIFE. . If your institutions name isnt on that list, it means your school isnt recognised by the NYSC/commonwealth hence you cant serve.

But with Nigerian graduates its a mess. Most students graduate after a spending 6-7 years for a 4 year programme and their 1st and 2nd year results are missing. After graduation, it takes a Nigerian university 2 years to compile the result of a graduant. Then NYSC now transfered the responsibility of submiting names of graduants to the University so that in itself has created another racket/extortion avenue for lecturers/mobilisation officers of universities.

Its funny that it is easier for a student who schooled outside Nigeria to go on National service than it is for a locally trained student to do the same. . .

I feel pity for these students. Nigeria has driven its citizens to the brink of desperation. . . . Fake orientation camp!! They were even honest enough to want to serve, most people just buy the darn discahrge certificate and never even bother with feigning orientation camp and other such shinanigans such as P.A and C.D.S.

F.uck Civil Defense and NYSC officials.

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by achi4u(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2012
please don't blame this people,they are the victims of a bad system.you that serve your fvkup fada land are not better,if i see how i will dupe fed govt i go do am shap shap.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by joelala(m): 11:21am On Mar 22, 2012
rubbish! they should free them jor, what has the so called NYSC brought to the nation and nigerians lately,nuffin! xcept sorrows and pains. NYSC has got nothing to do with your academic performance, if you don't pass aptitude test and job interviews would you be employed cos uve got NYSC cert? hell no! to me its pure rubbish jaree..once you can provide your school result and you've been confirmed as a graduate, then that's all that matters. NYSC has been a curse on nigerians as a whole, with parents loosing their kids to accidents and terrorist attack.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 22, 2012
hardbody: Na wa for these people ooo. If they are this desperate about NYSC discharge certificates, they should go to Oluwole and get copies that are more genuine than the ones issued by the real authorities. They can get this for less than N20k sef. So why pay all those stupendous amount to 'serve'. They are not 'pragmatic' at all. Eediots. Why go through all the trouble to serve fatherland, which kind mumu fatherland be that one sef, 9ja? I dey laff in Hebrew. they should allow them to pass out and therefater send them to Boko Haram Land. I am sooo angry
Imagine the huge amount just to serve and I'm sure most of them are aware they were part of one huge scam!
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by snthesis(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2012
i still dnt understand the logic behind the fake camp and subsequent arrests!!!

if a graduate paid money to get a fake NYSC certificate- then i would call that a fraud
But if a graduate paid money to get into a fake NYSC program- then the graduate was scammed.

basically, the ppl arrested should be freed cos the so called cabal went to great lenghts to deceive them by setting up a fake orientation camp, the real culprits are the organizers of the so called orientation camp- but trust the "intelligence" network to always arrest the wrong ppl.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by easydone: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2012
Yes I agree the age limit is 30 but I disagree with you partially on the aim aspect. Our class back then was a mix of oldies, teenagers and early 20s. I was 25 when I graduated in 2004. Many went in when JAMB didnt give them admission, many also went in because they had to work and sponsor themselves at the same time.
otokx:

Part time graduates are not required to go for NYSC. The aim of part time is for those who are already in employment to upgrade themselves and as mature students the least age is expected to be over 30 but trust Nigerians to always bastardize and corrupt the system.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by ENEONWO(m): 11:33am On Mar 22, 2012
Well said Okija-Juju. Our youths are victims of circumstances created by the ever-thieving oligarchies and their bureaucratic formations! Its increasingly becoming unfortunate to be a Nigerian.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Korrection(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2012
Aint they better than guys that are engaging themselves in social vices..Imagine what the society will result to if all the females involves in prostitution and trafficking..abeg make them free them jooor..as if those that arrested them are better....Nonsense
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by ismhab(m): 11:36am On Mar 22, 2012
I trust my omo igbo brothers, just how to get money by any means.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by chuks49(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2012
This attitude of punishing victims of crime we do us no good, similar story coming from these jobless Civil Defence. If they have intelligence as they claim, they should use it to hunt down shekau (boko haram leader) and not waste whatever they call intelligence on innocent graduates.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by chuks49(m): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2012
ismhab: I trust my omo igbo brothers, just how to get money by any means.

Ismhab or whatever you miserable parents calld you, I was expecting that u will wait till after your jumat prayers b4 u start exposing your stupidity, Scumbag.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by achi4u(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2012
Meaning what?what concern igbos and this one?you want to start whant you cannot finish.ewu awusa
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Arouser(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2012

Why bring tribe into this.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by KINGwax(m): 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2012
Okija_juju: Civil Defense and NYSC are bastards. . .

Whats the meaning of this rubbish?!

Most of these corp members were probably victims of NYSC's own uselessness.

Its so shameful that NYSC supposedly set up a sting operation to bust a fake NYSC orientation scam and only caught the victims not the perpetrators. Its like the FBI sets up a drug bust and rather than catch the dealers, catch the users. This country is being run by im'beciles. . .

NYSC should be scrapped. The Nigerian University system should be totally overhauled. both of these bodies are responsible for this mess. When I served, I remember that all of us Foreign trained graduates, the only problem we had was searching for your institution in the NYSC BOOK OF LIFE. . If your institutions name isnt on that list, it means your school isnt recognised by the NYSC/commonwealth hence you cant serve.

But with Nigerian graduates its a mess. Most students graduate after a spending 6-7 years for a 4 year programme and their 1st and 2nd year results are missing. After graduation, it takes a Nigerian university 2 years to compile the result of a graduant. Then NYSC now transfered the responsibility of submiting names of graduants to the University so that in itself has created another racket/extortion avenue for lecturers/mobilisation officers of universities.

Its funny that it is easier for a student who schooled outside Nigeria to go on National service than it is for a locally trained student to do the same. . .

I feel pity for these students. Nigeria has driven its citizens to the brink of desperation. . . . Fake orientation camp!! They were even honest enough to want to serve, most people just buy the darn discahrge certificate and never even bother with feigning orientation camp and other such shinanigans such as P.A and C.D.S.

F.uck Civil Defense and NYSC officials.
I can't see d 'unlike' button.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Baawaa(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
tigerleggs: Good one from Civil Defence. Police would've taken bribe and allow them to go.

That is why police is your friend grin grin
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by jayplect(m): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
this youth service of a thing is it in all countries?
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by madanne4real: 1:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
Blame them not. they are a desperate bunch trying to beat the system to survive. Afterall, our lawmakers in the National Assembly and also in the state Houses of Assemblies are not without blemish. Again, this should not be a headline news. Have they arrested the guys who arranged the stuff for them?
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Kolababa: 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
They are training them to be used as fake electoral officers for INEC Elections.
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by okeyxyz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
not to condone wrong doing, but it's rather sad that it's ordinary people who are struggling to survive the harsh social & economic circumstances of nigeria that are rounded up and paraded like goats. is this the legal recommendation to deal with alleged fake students? this is the civil-defense corps metting out barbaric justice on powerless civilians simply b'cos they have no means to defend themselves. REAL SAD!!
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 22, 2012
dat na ashawo rehabilatation camp. na beni girls full there
Re: NSCDC Arrests, Parades 87 Fake Corps Members by Cheester: 1:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Na wao,every tin for Niger is corruption

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC 2012 Batch C reference library. / NYSC: Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Dear Corper, You Have To Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.