Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies (4191 Views)

Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be / Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Starting Daycare (2) (3) (4)

Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by shy1amy(f): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2007
My auntie was supposed to resume work after 3 months maternity ,so she decided to enroll her baby in a day care centre.

She and her husband visited one of the daycare centres around their side when her husband discovered one strange thing going on in one of the inner rooms @ the daycare centre,

guess what he discovered?

He saw a middle age fat woman sitting in one of those rooms breast feeding babies, he walked up to her and asked "Madam, are all these kids your babies"? (thinking she had twins because he saw her breastfeeding almost 4 kids)

But the woman answered in yoruba language "The kids are not mine, they are other people's children, but the owner of this day-care center employed me to breastfeed the babies when ever they are hungry"

My auntie and her hubby left with their baby immediately knowing what they do in there, so be careful.

Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Oluchia(f): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2007
Are U serious? shocked
Wonders shall never end! shocked
Did youraunty and her husband do anything about it? Is there no authority to report to, at least so that people can be warned b/c am sure most of the mothers that left their kids there are ignorant of this as no mother will want another woman to breastfeed her baby. God! I can't even begin to imagine this, so disgusting. angry
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by efuah(f): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2007
gracious shocked
if i happen to meet a similar episode i will sue the damn "good samaritan" gosh angry
i provide all my baby's food whn i take him there so y the damn breastfeeding from "only God knows" what the heck is wrong with her medically angry

anyway, thanks for the info.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by ajaofunke(f): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2007
There is nothing new under the sun the Bible says it all. That is even a minor experience, my neighbour almost lost her 3months old baby girl then, to a
ritualist woman in one of these daycentres at Ibadan, she closes 4pm and she was on her way to pick her baby when she saw people gathered at the centres's gate, she pushed thru and saw people calling one of the parents names, she asked what was happening and they pointed to her baby crying in the crib that the woman was trying to shave the baby's hair. What that woman did was that she sent most of the workers on errand, since she's been one of the freegiver, when all the workers were out she carried the baby [my neighbour's] , brought out a scissors and almost scraped the hair until a lady peeping shouted, and she was nabbed, beaten, she actually confessed that she got other newbornbabies' hair, she uses them for ritual and after 2weeks the babies die or become vegtables.

She is also a parent there ooo, not that she works there, she purposely keeps her children at specific centres to carry out her evil. I heard she is actually a very rich woman, with different flashy cars.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2007
hi,
MAY GOD KEEP US N OUR CHILDREN FROM D EYES OF D WICKED.ALOT OF PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH WICKEDNESS ESP IN NIGERIA.HOW CAN SOMEONE BREAST FEED A CHILD NOT BELONGING 2 HER?HOW CAN A WOMAN USE INFANTS HAIR 4 RITUAL 4 SO LONG?
OH GODKEEP MY CHILDREN AND THAT OF OTHERS.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by opokonwa(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2007
Wonders shall never end!
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by geegee(f): 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2007
my my my,  i wish the poster will tell us where such day care center is and we'll inform the police because the rate at which babies are infected wt hiv virus is very alarming.im hiv+ and i see these children at the clinic some of them their parents are hiv free you just begin to wonder where they got it from this is one of the ways and its so difficult to manage expecially the once with tobaclosis my heart just goes out to them .i have a daughtyer who is almost 2yrs old and she is hiv free i can't be more greatful, as an adult i know i have to live the rest of my life taking drugs and i understand why because of one little mistake that could have been avoided but an inocent child parents should be more careful who and where their childern go to.please when you pray please pray specially for hiv with babies some are born with the virus and some are being infected by wicked people.

Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Ndipe(m): 4:34am On Nov 01, 2007
The solution? Stay home and take care of your baby until they are of a certain age where they can exhibit traits of independence. As one of the older siblings in my family, I used to babysit my younger siblings (at least 2 of them), while my parents went to work.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by hazureal(f): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2010
Na wa o!
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by sophy09: 5:57am On Aug 19, 2010
Ndipe:

The solution? Stay home and take care of your baby until they are of a certain age where they can exhibit traits of independence. As one of the older siblings in my family, I used to babysit my younger siblings (at least 2 of them), while my parents went to work.
It is easier said than done. With the way things are in the society. The economy is bad, both parent have to work to make ends meet. Leaving your kid with younger sibling who has to go to school or prepare for JAMB or GCE. Younger sibling who has her life to live who sees her friend going from one place to another. Or is it grandma you want to leave your kids with? Grandma who is sick and looking for ways to get better, grandma who is so tired leaves the kid to do whatever he or she wants. Or is it the grandma that has her own business and looking for ways to survive. This boils down to the govt. If all day care centers were registered and monitored by the govt, we won't have a lot of these unlawful acts.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2010
sophy09:

It is easier said than done. With the way things are in the society. The economy is bad, both parent have to work to make ends meet. Leaving your kid with younger sibling who has to go to school or prepare for JAMB or GCE. Younger sibling who has her life to live who sees her friend going from one place to another. Or is it grandma you want to leave your kids with? Grandma who is sick and looking for ways to get better, grandma who is so tired leaves the kid to do whatever he or she wants. Or is it the grandma that has her own business and looking for ways to survive. This boils down to the govt. If all day care centers were registered and monitored by the govt, we won't have a lot of these unlawful acts.
You forgot to mention house help too.Why do u have to blame govt for everything here?Every pple that infect innocent pple with hiv ,govt shld be blamed too.Tell me what is the purpose of a daycare.During our time, we only go to kindergarden just to allow our mothers to rest at home or at their shops then.That can still continueEverything still goes down to the woman.If u want to base it on economy, and that the 2 couples shld work.Is it a must the woman shld go to office?Ok, she wants her career? But she can own a shop or something and later on when the child is old enough, she then goes back to the office.
My sister is a well educated accountant.She has to become a teacher.She gave birth to all her children in the school she is teaching and one of them is going to secondary school soon.The 3rd and the last will soon be in nursery and she has planned to resign and go back to her career.
So if our ladies can put their career aside for a while and face their family, things will change and this type of evil will reduce

Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by softgirl1: 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2010
wetin working mothers go do na? hum anyway my own is try as much as possible to use church day cares like day star Truphant child center and some other good ones they might be expensive but u will get the best where i put my daughter is one of this xtian creche in town and dey have being taking care of her since she was 2month and she is doing very well and active may God helpworking mothers ooooooooooooooooooooooooAmen cool
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by torrents(f): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ Soft girl
kindly list some of these xtian centres and their addresses. i'm really interested in getting one
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by softgirl1: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
Day Star xtaian centre Oregun Ikeja dat is where my daughter is she has being there since 2month and she is 2yr already to start play group nxt month and they are realy trying,
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by torrents(f): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
thanks a lot
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Ladyjide(f): 4:56am On Aug 22, 2010
lipsrsealed Wow,
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2010
Eeeeeeewww!  embarassed breastfeeding another woman's baby is absolutely revolting. There are also health implications, the baby has hormones from her mother, picked up in the womb, during delivery (dependent on the length of labour) and through his / her mother's milk. Being breastfed by a woman that's not his / her mother could have severe health implications, due to differences in hormones.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by sophy09: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2010
Actually breastfeeding another person kid is not a new thing. It is mostly done by the elites in those days, they look for a clean lady who has enough milk for her kid and theirs.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
^^^ In those days, yes. Milk maids. Before much was known about hormone miss-matching, and the related issues.

In present day, not recommended.

Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by chi21: 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
opokonwa:

Wonders shall never end!
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by tsolution: 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
soft girl: Day Star xtaian centre Oregun Ikeja dat is where my daughter is she has being there since 2month and she is 2yr already to start play group nxt month and they are realy trying,

Are they affordable? I don't want to start what I can't finish. Pls what is d creche bill like? Is admission easy? Do they use shuttle bus? Ur response will be appreciated.
Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by Kanwulia: 4:08am On Sep 15, 2013
Defi-"NAT"-ly a day care of ritualists! grin

Only Satan know what the woman has in her breasts! TUFIAKWA!!!

HIV++++ + CANCER!!!! cry

Re: Mummies On Nairaland, Be Mindful Of The Daycare Centers U Enroll Ur Babies by veave(f): 1:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hew!!! God in Heaven! my ears! my eyes!!!

What Are The Disadvantages In Marrying A Baby Mama? / What Soldiers Did To My Friend At Ikeja Cantonment (graphic Details) / When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child