Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,048 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? (8447 Views)

Mr President, The "Honeymoon" Is Over - By Harry Slim Omoakhia / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by emron1(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2012
Riba_man:

Again, I disagree with your position. Are you going to compare the extent of damage that has been done to Nigeria by the menfolk, to what little mistakes some women have made. Another proof of why my position may not be as hopeless as you think, is the role women have played in the background, not in the foreground, of everyday Nigerian life.
i know you are a feminist and i don't have a problem with it.but what i will like you to know is that women have been in top positions in nigeria but are still yet to show us any difference with that of their mail counterparts largelly because we have a bad system in place and this will not allow good people to perform regardles of gender
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 23, 2012
YES: OBY EZEKWESILI, DORA AND NGOZI ARE POTENTIAL PRESIDENTS, an IGBO woman will be better becos they dont tolerate nonsense unlike Yoruba woman that will always take order from men even if they r evil or an Hausa woman that are more or less Toys to Hausa men except corrupt ones like TURAI
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Iconium(m): 8:00am On Mar 23, 2012
I don't think so. Infact, it might just get worse for Nigeria because a female head would still take orders from d Godfathers. What we is just a Divine intervention...and this must begin with a chosen individual, inspired by God...gender wuld not matter.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 23, 2012
No
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Iconium(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2012
I don't think so. Infact, it might just get worse for Nigeria because a female head would still take orders from d Godfathers. What we need is just a Divine intervention...and this must begin with a chosen individual, inspired by God...gender wuld not matter.
I don't think so. Infact, it might just get worse for Nigeria because a female head would still take orders from d Godfathers. What we need is just a Divine intervention...and this must begin with a chosen individual, inspired by God...gender wuld not matter.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by McCoy91(m): 8:27am On Mar 23, 2012
[quote author=jidewin][/quote]
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by sirp2007: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2012
NO....its not and issue of gender but of will and wisdom
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Dyamante(f): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2012
obowunmi: Nigerians in general need re-orientation. Doesn't have to do with gender.

spot on..
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by otokx(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2012
Not yet
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Jemibee: 11:43am On Mar 23, 2012
I don't think in the gender, lies our fate. I agree with those that said all we need is REORRIENTATION !! We all don't bliv in ONE NIGERIA and to crown it all, PEOPLE ARE READY TO DO ANYTHG TO ENRICH THEMSELVES...SAD BUT TRUE
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by SkySpirit(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2012
I support DORA AKUNNYILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL WOMEN FROM NIGERIA.[b]I support DORA AKUNNYILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL WOMEN FROM NIGERIA.[/b]I support DORA AKUNNYILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL WOMEN FROM NIGERIA.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by scriptwizz: 6:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
hmm
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by scriptwizz: 6:18pm On Mar 23, 2012
كلورين: [size=22pt]why do nigerians have short memory or is it that there just fund of asking pointless questions??

Shm

U should take a case study for your self, all thos prominent women in nigeria what have they done

Alison
Iwela
Cecelia
Patricia
Yaraduas wife
Gejs wife
Dora
The list keeps goin on and on

From stories we have heared its safe to draw up a conclusion to your case study
[/size]

This all IMO

Your conclusion is baseless.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by deebayour(m): 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nigeria's corruption has gone beyond gender. If women have not featured in Nigeria's as leaders @ least they have been 1st ladies and we can see just how much good that has done us. IMO whether man or woman same thing. Anybody here thinks NOI is a Nigeria I think she must be a citizen of the world bank.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by ogolope: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2012
No offence intended, but the Man presently there is acting like a woman and see where that has gotten us.....plus at least above 45% of Nigerians are muslim, so any consideration of this can cause war & break up.
My answer will be NO
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Cheggoon(m): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ok ooooo.....make woman become nigeria presido...I recomend OLUBUNMI ETTEH....!
LOLZ
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Cheggoon(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2012
scriptwizz:

Your conclusion is baseless.
HªhªhªHªhªhªhªHªhªhªHªhªhª.
Guy u kw well...!
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by prosperjohnson(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
If the wive of these men in power have never beem in surpport of what their husbands are doin we would have heard the truth is their wives are even the ones encouraging them to be Corrupt and this you can tell From turai's Example when her husband the late prsident yar'adua was sick..hmmm,My Advice the Women are worse what we need is a complete systemic change and never bring any one of them in power
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by comradeoscar(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
it wil b d same fiasco cos d woman wil have a husband . And d man (her husband) wil encourage her to steal to secure d future of dia 5th generation. mrs president wl bcom so power drunk ad surpas her male predecesors in tyrany ad graft. Nigeria is roten ad we nid an incoruptible lion~minded revolutionalist to fix Nigeria. many pple are sopoz to b in prison yet dey ar swaggy about. som dat ar sopozd to die ar living. until dis leader emerge, we wil remain d same. female president is no answer.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by yanni1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
obowunmi: NO

I dont know NO NO NO!
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by KiKatanga: 1:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is by far the best politician in Nigeria.

The problem is she's unpopular because she's willing to take necessary but unpopular decisions. Her ability however has nothing to with her gender, just that most people at that level in government are there because they've been shouting what people wanted to hear rather than what they needed to hear.

Gender has nothing to with aptitude. Iweala's ability and gender are mere coincidence.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hehe stop fooling yourselves cause it wont happen. At least not for the next 20years.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by tck2000(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2019
No

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 / Boko Haram Attacks In Cameroon-Nigeria Border / Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Buhari’s Appointment Of 21 Judges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.