Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (68475 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2012
ZUBY77: My first one week, i was busy blaming those who didn't attend the marriage ceremony.
Then the second week, i recalled that we recieved some envelops from people with money inside all of them. Then i approached mrs zuby who was in custody of the envelopes for us to check how rich we have beçome only to be told that the job has been done already by her and her mother. The reason being that they didnt want to stress me by inviting me to count money.cheesy igbo girls.

Third week, i was busy thinking about the best way to tell mrs zuby to go back to her parents until she puts all the money back to the envelops exactly the way it was.
Fourth week, i devised a plan to make her pay for the petrol for our generator. She likes electricity so much. So i will check the generator every morning and each time the petrol is finished, i will stay outside until 8am, by then she must have called to remind me what i already knew. And i will tell her to drive to the station and buy petrol. Now the money from the envelop is going down fast and she is complaining.

Aside this little envelop adventure, we are happy people.
IGBO MAN!! Envelop nor go kill u o.
Very Nice Thread. Kudos 2 OP, more power 2 ur elbow.
Happy Married Life 2 The Married o.
Wat of Seun, Freecocoa, Beaf and Mukina, are they married??
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
For me, the key ingredient for a happy home are mutual respect, trust, communication, love, very importantly, SUBMISSIVENESS on the part of the woman. As a woman, you can win your husband's love more easily when you obey the Biblical injunction to submit to him. Even though in my home, I'm more easily the active, take charge type, I have since realised that when you submit to your husband and let him be the man in the relationship, you will no doubt enjoy the covering due to you as the queen of your home. The home works better when everyone knows their place, and are willing & ready to help the other achieve their goals. Marriage is truly the best institution provided it is entered into responsibly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by serenegroup(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2012
For me, the key ingredient for a happy
home are mutual respect, trust,
communication, love, very importantly,
SUBMISSIVENESS on the part of the
woman. As a woman, you can win your
husband's love more easily when you
obey the Biblical injunction to submit to
him. Even though in my home, I'm more
easily the active, take charge type, I have
since realised that when you submit to
your husband and let him be the man in
the relationship, you will no doubt enjoy
the covering due to you as the queen of
your home. The home works better when
everyone knows their place, and are
willing & ready to help the other achieve
their goals. Marriage is truly the best
institution provided it is entered into
responsibly.
true talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by PHIPEX(m): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2012
This thread deserve an award, am now positively looking forward to when I'll tell my own story.

4 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nekai(f): 3:20am On Mar 25, 2012
Really lovely thread! Keep the stories coming!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Lizzylois(f): 7:56am On Mar 25, 2012
Hmmmmm.Makes me wanna get married.well I think wat has helped these people here Is the fact that,‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ got married to their own wife/husband.I keep everytime that God shld gve me my own husband,the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh.dnt eva wanna get married to sum1 else' husband.nd am seriously hoping for that.iHoping to share my story soon too.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by greedie1(f): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
Marriage scares d poo out of me bt im consoled dt it gets better after sometime....ll luv to share my experience too, as soon as i get married

very nice nd educative thread, i ve learnt alot
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sweetwendy: 1:43pm On Mar 25, 2012
iτ̲̅ was not so good i must confessed cos myself and my husband had a very short courtship S☺ we addly know eachother. First few month was not S☺ bad cos i was ‎​ serving den iπ Abj n he was later posted to lagos. But wen we started staying together was wen the truma started.iτ̲̅ got to a stage i nearly opt out cos i had miscarriages within too. To God β d glory,everything is working out fyn now.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Akpunwa(f): 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by blank(f): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hmmm. I will tell my story soon.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Akpunwa: Thinking about it now, hw do I classify it? I mean d 1st yr? And it's barely two years old.
courtship was very splendid...Very lovely.

we were corp members and sooo in love. I saw traits I loved and thanked God for my stars. We shared our dreams, our hopes, our fears, our desire for an exemplary HOME! We were similar on all fronts.

Fastfwd to marriage and this man has changed. I have felt so many times that I made a mistake, but we sort things out and move On till money issues come up again. He is a pathologic miser. Not that i am wasteful eithaR (unless U consider fixing hair for 3k or less every 5-6wks as wasteful etc etc). Men Change! Worst is when u express ur concern, he acknowledges and does nothing to change. He gives me little attention but that is endurable for now cos he's preparing for major career exam.

I practically had to beg for money to buy maternity clothes wit a little more than 18k, Rather he argues that 'it's on d high side'. I had to beg to buy ESSENTIAL baby things b4 my angel cam. and when I got 15k for them, it was hellish trying to explain i needed 10k more - cajoled,cried, begged some more but he didn't budge. This is a medical practitioner who earns well and would rather spend on keeping his car clean. Thank God for The meagre savings i had to buy extra things needed.

Well he is not a womanizer or wife beater. If he tries wife beating thoUgh he'll be in for an earthquake.

I am about completing my post grad degree Which he pays for, albeit grudgingly. I pray God smiles on me wit a job to better my life.

Your hussie is a far better man than you give him credit for

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 1:23am On Mar 27, 2012
This is a lovely thread thanks ronke.

Marriage is something special i appreciate it.
Guessin i caught the wedding bug now im growing old! Lol

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith: This is a lovely thread thanks ronke.

shocked huh? Queensmith is talking marriage? grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 5:02am On Mar 27, 2012

LOL growing old? hahahahhaa
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Rhapsody1(f): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2012
Will be a year old in the institution in the next few weeks (although in our hearts, we have been married since 2008). Its been awesome! Hubby and I met in our lst year in school in 2001, had been friends since. Upped the relationship in 2008 although he had been my closet pal since 2006, thanks to mtn extra cool. Did not even know when I feel in love with him, although I knew he had been in that state since around 2004. In all our years of friendship, we only saw ourselves 3 times a year, but extra cool did the job FROM 2007. I guess you could say we already had a fair idea about the kind of persons we are before the relationship changed. All these years, we had been relating without anything in mind. I even tried pushing him unto someone cos I did not think I was the marrying kind. We knew from 2008 we were headed for the altar, he was serving then, and we finally did last year. There were a lot of expectations. We were both green for one (the guy totally insisted on waiting. See love) and that part of our relationship is...stupendously great. The learning is fun. He is my best friend and vice versa, and that is the way we think of ourselves. The 'husband' or 'wife' title can sometimes bring up unnecessary issues. He helps out with house chores. Been together now is so much better than extra cool calls. I can be a child with him, something I never knew was possible. I play pranks, can be naughty and full of mischief according to him. He is becoming a master at it too, and will perfectly organise his handsome face when he does something naughty, lol (seemingly little right but it keeps the relationship young and sizzling. Many relationships lack this). Wull remember some things at odd times and places, the I will start smiling. Am crazy about him. Issues come up now and then. We are both very private people so third party is a no-no. We are both not the shouting type so we talk it out. I am aways the one generating the issue 80% of the time but he is soooo patient with me, and can be firm when the occassion calls for it. So I have learnt not to go silent when I am pissed as it breaks down communication (he says my silence is so LOUD). We are also factoring in the fact that 'females are emotional beings while males are logical beings' into issues. Helps us understand our most different responses to issues and find a middle ground to resolve them faster, so we both get less pissed about things. He loves God, is truly a practical christian. That is a comfort in itself. He can be annoyingly right, eg, will confirm expiry date before buying anything while me....well. Or the other day he wanted to pop some corn. The guy begin search for recipes for INTERNET o. Lol. For now, we are enjoying being alone. Should start a family in some months time. The best is still to come. We are closer now than when we first married. We are each others best friend, for me that is the highest form of any relationship. He is my best friend first, before he is my husband. Smetimes when I express an opinion very strongly, I will remind him that I am talking as his friend o, to which he will smile. He involves me before taking a decision. Saw him cry for the first time in all the years I have known him few weeks ago when his dad passed on. We talk about EVERYTHING. Which is why issues cannot stay unresolved for long because we want to quickly get back to that unabashed and comfortable with each other zone. And we are growing in wisdom and knowledge everyday in God. Who says christians cannot have it all. I really did not think I will be married cos of ...(another story). Told God then I wanted what some people in the bible had (eg Elkannah and Hannah, Jacob and Rachel, couple in the book of songs of solomon). Did not think it was possible cos I could not settle for less or marry for societal approval so I had already planned on adopting when am ready (when I was in my late teens). But God gave me this man, okay guy, who demonstartes the love described in 1 Cor 13 to me everyday. You will not know we are married but for our rings, we look younger than we really are, thank the good Lord for that. And guess what, the best is yet to come. Marriage is a beautiful institutuon if done right. Makes you more matured, teaches you patience and tolerance. Baby, I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.

26 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^^
I pray u sing d same song in a decade. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2012
rokiatu:
LOL growing old? hahahahhaa

Lol funny enough im not ooo lol.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2012

EEyah good to know!!! everyone will always catch that bug sometime in life smileyam glad you are already shivering from the bite.

Rokiatu actually started the thread, not me, Kudos to her.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
when you are in love, the wedding bugs must bite cheesy. After unintenionally moving wedding dates, i think we are done.
Right now hubby-to-be is in a far away land. this time around, we are not changing it grin
i think it's time we just do the wedding in middle east sef.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
armyofone: when you are in love, the wedding bugs must bite cheesy. After unintenionally moving wedding dates, i think we are done.
Right now hubby-to-be is in a far away land. this time around, we are not changing it grin
i think it's time we just do the wedding in middle east sef.

Abi naaa, agro dey catch body, cold dey shaa bad. grin grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ronkebp
lol ezigbo mmadu grin you sabi am o.
grin grin
agro dey really catch me.
girl, how are ya.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
armyofone: @ronkebp
lol ezigbo mmadu grin you sabi am o.
grin grin
agro dey really catch me.
girl, how are ya.

Me dear, doing good ooo, still doing this statistics stuff, so am really like eating the textbook for better understanding,smiley smiley smiley

When are we tying this gele now? Abeg i dey find party to go oooo. grin grin grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
lol, dear girl, laugh wan kill me here.
ha, i be dey carry the wedding go meet am for Afghan grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 27, 2012

You want to dissapoint your league of feminazis by getting married?

or are you getting married to a woman? Cos i cant imagine you getting married to those menfolks you hate soo much. And definitely not a Nigerian guy
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
armyofone: lol, dear girl, laugh wan kill me here.
ha, i be dey carry the wedding go meet am for Afghan grin

No need to go Afghanistan, I am back in Amelikka
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sunky644(m): 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Filled with fun and nice moments, actually never feel anything spectacular except s*x cos we courted for seven years without sex. The painful part is baby was not forthcoming in the first year, the happy moment came when pregnancy test was positive on our first year anniversary. I was actually married to my bestfriend who knows my in and out, can't stop loving her...

3 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
armyofone: when you are in love, the wedding bugs must bite cheesy.

Soo tru! dammit! Lol
ronkebp:

EEyah good to know!!! everyone will always catch that bug sometime in life smileyam glad you are already shivering from the bite.

Rokiatu actually started the thread, not me, Kudos to her.

Sorry rukky i got u ladies confused :*

I know! even the men that like to bash women secretly yearn for it!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 6:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
I think david and dayo should get married, they make a good match. They can sit and complain about civilisation together :p

7 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by chic2pimp(m): 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sagamite:

My God!

Can people just type in English for heavens sake.

I first thought how did this become a New York city thread (nyc).

What is so hard in tpying "nice" instead of "nyc"?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 28, 2012
queensmith: I think david and dayo should get married, they make a good match. They can sit and complain about civilisation together :p

Dayo does not possess a congo to shine. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 12:44am On Mar 28, 2012
did you look well, you never know. with all the congo meat the guy is eating in texas lipsrsealed
davidylan:

Dayo does not possess a congo to shine. Thank you.

bring it on tongue
dayokanu:

No need to go Afghanistan, I am back in Amelikka
how are ya dayokanu, same queer one as usual grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 2:01am On Mar 28, 2012
I am good, Oya bring your Ikebe come ft Worth make I beat am up for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger / Pastor Joshua Ajagunigbala Divorces Wife As Herbalist Dies On Top Of Her / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.