Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (68477 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 27, 2012
dramakwin: A̶̲̥̅♏ a year π 4months in my marriage.i won't say it has been rosy cos just 2days ago my husband asked for a divorce cos A̶̲̥̅♏ nt yet pregnant...π after much pleading he gave me an ultimatum till november dis yr
WTH. This is serious.

Haba, people should be considerate. I have seen marriage of 11 years with no kid yet and they are still together. I pray that will not be our portion, but c'mon, husband should show some perseverance. Who told him the new wife he will bring in will conceive.

I am 16 months into marriage like you and my wife had 2 miscarriages last year. She was highly apprehensive, disturbed and fearful of any eventuality, especially pressure from my family(and I have a family that give honest interference in members affairs). But I kept assuring her that no problem, that she should not worry, that I will stand by her, that almost 80% of women experience miscarriage and there is no cause for alarm etc. To Allah be the story, we will be welcoming our first baby in few months time.

So, I believe your husband is rather impatient and it's very serious.

4 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Tobiegal(f): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2012
Jarus:
WTH. This is serious.

Haba, people should be considerate. I have seen marriage of 11 years with no kid yet and they are still together. I pray that will not be our portion, but c'mon, husband should show some perseverance. Who told him the new wife he will bring in will conceive.

I am 16 months into marriage like you and my wife had 2 miscarriages last year. She was highly apprehensive, disturbed and fearful of any eventuality, especially pressure from my family(and I have a family that give honest interference in members affairs). But I kept assuring her that no problem, that she should not worry, that I will stand by her, that almost 80% of women experience miscarriage and there is no cause for alarm etc. To Allah be the story, we will be welcoming our first baby in few months time.

Am so glad we can hear from the male(husband) perspective.

Your hubby @dramakwin, really needs to come to terms with reality!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by shushu(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2012
Jarus,
16months and two miscarriages!tears came to my eyes.May God keep this one

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by kolaoloye(m): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
shushu: Jarus,
AMEN in JESUS name.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2012
dramakwin: Don't knw wat else o cos couple do argue but i never tot a diovrce wud b d nxt tin
He intially gave me 3months π after my mum pleaded he increased it π said if by then A̶̲̥̅♏ nt pregnant i wud leave or he wud get a second wife or impregnant a gal outside π i have to abide by d conditions
A̶̲̥̅♏ tryin my best cos i hvnt being myself since monday
Pls any solution is welcome pls

Gosh! This is so sad. Some meen sha. Just like Dayokanu said, seems the only good he sees in you is making babies.

My dear, its only God dat can give a solution. I will implore you to be patient and calm. Don't let his threat get to u and please live like all his well.16 months is just too small for anyone to start making a fuss. Pls stop begging him cos you aint God dat makes babies. Maintain your cool and don't argue with him. He is just putting unnecesary stress on you.

Wish you all the best.

BTw, how will your sex life be notrmal with this kind of threat
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2012

Amen o.

It is well Jarus. God knows best.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 12:49am On Apr 30, 2012
Jarus:
WTH. This is serious.

Alfa, U no invite me come chop nikai rice yet if not for Roki topic you no for invite me come chop this one sef. Anyways, I don register for invitation for the owambe. How you dey? Abeg, U get 001 new number for him new base because the last time we talk he tell me say him dey go do one year experience abroad.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 12:50am On Apr 30, 2012

Amin!!!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 12:51am On Apr 30, 2012
dramakwin: Don't knw wat else o cos couple do argue but i never tot a diovrce wud b d nxt tin
He intially gave me 3months π after my mum pleaded he increased it π said if by then A̶̲̥̅♏ nt pregnant i wud leave or he wud get a second wife or impregnant a gal outside π i have to abide by d conditions

Just relax and believe God for the best. Please, what kind of orientation did your husband get growing up? I think he must have had the orientation that says a wife is only good for child bearing.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 30, 2012
GD, sorry, na just small nikkah for Kwara.

I will send OO1's no to u on Facebook.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by papatosibe: 4:42pm On May 07, 2012

Kini big deal, 13 months and 26 miscarriages here, and I aint complaining.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by papatosibe: 4:43pm On May 07, 2012
GboyegaD:

Just relax and believe God for the best. Please, what kind of orientation did your husband get growing up? I think he must have had the orientation that says a wife is only good for child bearing.

What else are they good for? Gossiping?
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2012
dramakwin: A̶̲̥̅♏ a year π 4months in my marriage.i won't say it has been rosy cos just 2days ago my husband asked for a divorce cos A̶̲̥̅♏ nt yet pregnant...π after much pleading he gave me an ultimatum till november dis yr

You married a person and you are pleading to stay in fucktardistan.

All these are choices YOU made.

You better quit before you help the fooool produce a new generation of fucktardinhos and end up strengthening your cursed ties.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by r231(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2012
Sagamite:

You better quit before you help the fooool produce a new generation of fucktardinhos and end up strengthening your cursed ties.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by denzel2009: 1:19pm On May 08, 2012
Sagamite:

Uncle, that's still her husband you know and you don't even know the full story.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2012
denzel2009:

Uncle, that's still her husband you know and you don't even know the full story.

It really does not matter. I am helping her immensely.

There is NO full story that can JUSTIFY such threat, it would just be a story highlighting the art of illiteracy and stupidity.

She chose an immense foool to marry for some reason. That reason is the story we need to know in full.

Her husband obvious has no brain cells and I am more than happy to make that clear to her even though she has been ignoring the obvious.

Lets call a spade a fcking spade.

If I was her father, I would flog her mercilessly even at her age for making such a choice in a man.

3 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Wislet(f): 9:47pm On May 08, 2012
hehehehehehehehehehe.
Uncle Saga...wen u go share our story naa?
cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:54pm On May 08, 2012
Wislet: hehehehehehehehehehe.
Uncle Saga...wen u go share our story naa?
cheesy cheesy tongue

You want me to open mouth tell them the fire for fire we have been operating in our first year.

Kai! Dem go all just faint. grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ezicat: 1:26pm On May 09, 2012
Thanks for the thread - reading through it, all I could think was "Are you fracking kidding me?" shocked I feel so much better - sorry I know some of you are having a really tough time/some of you had a really tough time at the beginning but it seemed to be that for a lot of you things got "better" after the woman learned to submit - all the independence and cognizance from education, contributing to the work force...poof after marriage undecided....bottom line I got from this is that reality and fantasy are two very different coins. So giving the fact that I'm 1) financially stable; with my own money - I have a good job; enough to own my own home, travel occasionally, send money back home regularly (and not a pittance either), i.e. a comfortable middle class existence, and 2) have in my head where I want to get to career wise and in terms of my hobbies (creative writing, dabbled a bit into business...unsuccessfully...but I have more ideas). I'm not religious - I firmly believe that this life is the one shot we have and it's incumbent upon us to leave the world a little better than we found it; something that we probably won't achieve if marriage and children are our major goals and probably financial wealth.

And that was where I thought a relationship would help - not even marriage - just a relationship (to start with) that would help us both reach our full potential; help me apply myself more. But that's the fantasy part, isn't it.? Because so much more time might just be spent working at keeping the relationship whole. Even though I wasn't going to settle for just anyone, most people would tell you that any relationship requires work. And I was so bent of finding someone...not any more. I'll still actively try the dating scene - living in a small town in Canada and not being very social, I have to make an active effort. I know that. But from a mental perspective...it's no longer "I have to find someone compatible." If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, I can carry my own weight - and there are so many opportunities out there to reach all of my goals without a partner. Woooohoooooo. I am single and I will revel in it! And if my mother doesn't like it... too bad. It's my life. Recognize!

Maybe I should start another thread - why do people get married/ I doubt it's something most actively think about. It's almost like it's part of societal's pysche - like crawling then walking. Except the latter two have clear advantages. Does marriage? I'm just asking.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 3:36pm On May 09, 2012
^^^^^ it would be great if you opened another thread, that is a nice question you are asking there.smiley
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Wislet(f): 8:37pm On May 09, 2012
Sagamite:

You want me to open mouth tell them the fire for fire we have been operating in our first year.

Kai! Dem go all just faint. grin
heheheheheehheeh. Lmao
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sirt1(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2012
The best thread so far in Nairaland. Some sweet, some otherwise. I dont know why, the challenges that come with marriage always scare hell out of me. However, I have to take bold step of faith. Should be back here in some months time to share my experience. May God help me... Amen.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by LordReed(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2012
ezicat:
Maybe I should start another thread - why do people get married/ I doubt it's something most actively think about. It's almost like it's part of societal's pysche - like crawling then walking. Except the latter two have clear advantages. Does marriage? I'm just asking.

Lots of those already. Restart an old one otherwise I doubt you'd get plenty of responses.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 8:58am On May 15, 2012

Ehya, kpele. Sometimes I wonder if some mothers actually love their own children.....in Nigeria that is.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dramakwin(f): 5:11pm On May 17, 2012
cool
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ayobase(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2012
chindi:
e don tay wen marriage dey hungry me o. By God's Grace sha, it'll be in 5yrs at most

I'll b ready by then!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by ayobase(m): 10:21pm On May 19, 2012
Im feeling@home here!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by mo2raur(f): 5:43pm On May 20, 2012
Hummm...what a wonderful thread, i read all comment, i wnt to b maried too, u my husband where r thou? Locate me this year, im ready to b call Mrs. Life is a coin

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Wisdytech(m): 11:13pm On May 20, 2012
MY 1ST YR WAS WOW! FUC!ING EVERY SEC! WE FILLD LIK ESPECIALLY AFTER WORK.... EVEN TIRED OF DOING IT.... AT TIMES... BUT IM TOOO HAPI THAT SHE TRULY LUVS ME... NT because OF MONI, BUT BELIVING ON WHO IM I..... GOD U TOOO MUCHHHHH

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by deybowlah: 7:15pm On May 26, 2012
My wedding is just a year now.let me say I have not really enjoyed been married.I got pregnant immediately and my husband went back to America almost immediately. I now have my baby to cater for and I miss my husband and s*x. We talk on the phone always tho and I still give account of my movement.I pray my papers get thru soon and I join my husband then I can enjoy my marriage.
Am so glad to have my daughter around me but if I were to turn back the hands of time I will delay getting pregnant to 2yrs after marriage.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 26, 2012
deybowlah: My wedding is just a year now.let me say I have not really enjoyed been married.I got pregnant immediately and my husband went back to America almost immediately. I now have my baby to cater for and I miss my husband and s*x. We talk on the phone always tho and I still give account of my movement.I pray my papers get thru soon and I join my husband then I can enjoy my marriage.
Am so glad to have my daughter around me but if I were to turn back the hands of time I will delay getting pregnant to 2yrs after marriage.

not bad.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by jarem(m): 8:44pm On May 27, 2012
@Poster...nice thread
1st yr was awesome, still on our honeymoon grin afta d 1st kid...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nasarawa: Man Commits Suicide, Wife Reveals Their Child Was Fathered By Stranger / Pastor Joshua Ajagunigbala Divorces Wife As Herbalist Dies On Top Of Her / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.