Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (160345 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2015
The problem now is that when its time to get a job, they'll be considered first before the pure physiologist.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by PilotOz(m): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
hmmm, i think i have a different OT here... Ok im currently an NCE student, and i want to pursue my passion of lecturing... pls can anyone tell me which of these certificates will place me in a better positon for lecturing? an Msc (ed) Biology. or Msc Anatomy (plus PGDE) thanks.... or if none, pls which Msc life science course would be more better wen searching for lecture job
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
linton99:
Am so glad dat I av found people facing d same problems n are thinking in d same direction.pls I av also been thinkin of hw to get other BMS graduates to realise dat der's a problem.if we dnt come togeda n address It,the problem wil remain.it is nt PSN or profs of basic medical sciences dat wil solve it.if they were oportuned 2 reach dat level hw abut d thousands of graduates who dnt hav any hope of direct jobs anywhere in d country.it is high time d nigerian govt+lawmakers do smtin abut dis.u cannt graduate 4rm a course we're der ar only less dan 50 direct jobs for over 30,000 graduates every year nation wide.it is insane..!we jus av to do smtn.we copy evrytin 4rm d white.democracy,medicine,engineerin,law,etc WHY CAN'T WE COPY THEM
In BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:we hav to do smtin,or better stil start an NGO,..am a graduate of human physiology.tanx
me too.. Graduate of physiology...d question do i go back for medicine or further?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
What kind of jobs are medical physiologist open to?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Winners72:
Guys, I am a gradute of university of ilorin anatomy dept. I graduated more dan 5 years now but no job. The only tin that is left for me is to go and prepare for jamb. There is no future in those useless paramedical courses. Its high time time we stopped deciving ourselves, expect by the grace of God, else one cannot do any thing with a degree in those courses. Infact, go to google and search, you will discover that the problem is not only peculier to nigerians but all over the world.
I am disappointed cos I was deceived to study the fake course despite reading like a mad man and graduated with a fantastic grade. Pls my pple, go and obtain a direct entry form or anoda jamb and fill in a better course. I tell you, its far better cos one will just sit @ home doing nofin till eternity. I have said my piece oooooooo. You may fink jamb is a long process but if you'd done dat all these while you would have had more hope by now.
No future in paramedics period.
word..
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
Winners72:
Based on what you said, i would'nt know the university to which your admission is offered but i do know that in university of ilorin, 100 level students of anatomy and physiology are allowed to cross-over to medicine provided the are amongst the best 20 students on their transit to 200level. All the same if this is not your fate, i will advice you to continue the physiology and read like no man business for the next Jamb. Obtain the Jamb and prepare for it. Or maybe if you are not too sure of your competence in passing Jamb to studying medicine, change completely to any course in faculty of science or environmental studies; this you can do by going directly to ur level adviser and HOD, and your file will be transferred to your desired department and Faculty. Contrary to this, make sure you do all to secure an admission that will qualify you a medical student. I can never advice anyone to study those useless courses. At least, you can read the experiences of people in the previous. Look before you leap. I pray u wont make the mistake i made cos i must tell you that a B.sc in physiology is synonymous to having O'level.
c'mon is not that bad...am also a bsc physio
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
didicold:
Better by far,Physiology, Class 2011

still searching for a job, but i really have few regrets, fine, i no its not d most marketable course in nigeria, but having a good grade gives u hope.its not all about health, already applyin to sum financial institutions,i know i will make it.
Present students, d worst thing u will do is to say because d course isnt hot cake, u will slouch and den get a mediocre or poor grade wen leaving school, how does dat help u!
Remember "iya meji o kin je okuugbe"
*exit stage right*
PS: practising my essay writing skills*chuckles*
we write essay tire
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ugwuoba2012:
My name is okechukwu chidiebere (gurugenius)(NAUBAMSSA AND SPAN,UNIZIK CHAPTER NNEWI) faculty of bas please i want us to give our own idea on what and what that can be done to develop the field of human physiology and anatomy in nigeria interms of creating job opportunities for the graduates please comment?
am a grad physio too. But hav been thinking hard...ther is no such tin as a Physiology company to employ grad. if der is wht wld dey b doing
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2015
Jonero25:
Would have love it if we Physiologists can come together in persons like a group to bring ideas ón how Physiologists can be of relevance to the nigerian health sector...... 08168935899 for whatsapp
serious
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hmmmmmn all posts and suggestions av bn reading so far are nice.Right from my 1st year in Physiology department,I knew already dt dt course aren't lucrative. Am currently in my 3rd year now Unibadan precisely. Can't wait to finish nd settle down in Ibd as a Politician or better still go for 2nd degree in MBBS.

To my fellow Physiologists in the house, i wish u all the best in Life

1 Like

Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
Jonero25:
fellow physiologists
what is the way forward?
am thinking of diversfying to sensory physio..like d eye side optometry or go back for medicine or masters but in wht sef?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
Hmmmmmn all posts and suggestions av bn reading so far are nice.Right from my 1st year in Physiology department,I knew already dt dt course aren't lucrative. Am currently in my 3rd year now Unibadan precisely. Can't wait to finish nd settle down in Ibd as a Politician or better still go for 2nd degree in MBBS.

To my fellow Physiologists in the house, i wish u all the best in Life
u r funny... Please tell me about direct entry for mbbs in unibadan do they write exams?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
Luchiana1:
u r funny... Please tell me about direct entry for mbbs in unibadan do they write exams?

Nop..... I don't think dy write exam, depends on ur grade tho 2-1 and 1St class should see u in
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Luchiana1(f): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
ishowdotgmail:

Nop..... I don't think dy write exam, depends on ur grade tho 2-1 and 1St class should see u in
Thank you so much. have so many frnds in ur school... UI prays and UI worship so am planning to come der...okay..my next question pls when do you start a new session? Like if i take a dE form ds year when wld medicine start? Am a physio grad frm lag
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Chidonc(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ukosboy:
O my God! What hav i caused myself? Cos of the fear of admission i went to change my course from pharmacy to physiology cos of my jamb score thinkin it would lead me to sometin. Now i was among d candidates dat did well in post utme which they would hav offer admission in pharmacy. But now i hav found myself in physio. What should i do now. I think i should better leave d admission and just wait for next jamb. I'm just too confused now.

Easier said than done, don't listen 2 dat guy dat told u 2 swap in 200l, is not always that easy bro, I was decieved 2 beliv so when writin jamb! But now in my 200l in biochem, I now know beta, don't start what u can not finish.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Luchiana1:
Thank you so much. have so many frnds in ur school... UI prays and UI worship so am planning to come der...okay..my next question pls when do you start a new session? Like if i take a dE form ds year when wld medicine start? Am a physio grad frm lag

If u take ds DE form next session 2015/16 is starting next year JANUARY 31st
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Luchiana1:
medical sales representative of pharmaceutical companies. just make a good grade, you will be happy you studied physiology. make sure you know your pharmacology. I am doing my MSC physiology now. in my class, I am the only one with first degree physiology, the rest have MBBS. if physiology is not good, what are these doctors looking for? I believe there is future for physiologist which we don't know.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by MztaIkp(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am trying to look for Universities that are offering Post Graduate Diploma in Physiology. Any suggestions please?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by MzSheila: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Biochemist in BMS have an advantage over other BMS courses. Biochemistry is very wide and diverse n dey r getting employed in food industries, pharmaceutical, brewery industries. They fit in into research laboratories too, and NGO's. In fact with addition of certain certifications they can b considered for employment in the oil and gas sector. Also with M.Sc in environmental sciences, environmental n energy engineering u can b gainfully employed in the oil and gas and petrochemical sector. So don't loose hope greatest Biochemist. Even those with the professional certificates r having difficulties being employed. Finally itz all about grace. Work n pray
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by alphalpha(m): 11:42am On May 22, 2015
The answer is;
what are your strengths as a physiologist?
Focus on them. Magnify them. Sell ...
As I write, an idea just came in. We have to pool our resources together and make ourselves relevant. Physiology sells. let's do this.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Madeu(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2015
-------
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Madeu(m): 5:42pm On May 22, 2015
Luchiana1:

All kind of jobs.
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by weezii(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2015
What's the minimum cgpa for msc in physiology? Anyone aware?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 6:21am On Jun 10, 2015
Liverpoolfc:
Human physiology is supposed to be one of the best basic medical course bt in nigeria, it has nt gain recognition as it is often ommitted in course of study list, e.g in navy and airforce form. Let physiologist come together to discuss the way forward and link a fellow up in available job.

Hlo... Just came across this thread. Can you tell me your present stand as a physiology graduate, as it seems to be an everlasting issue as a student
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 6:25am On Jun 10, 2015
neuronin:
My opinion is that all what we call "Basic Medical Science" courses (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology etc etc) should undergo major revisions as per their continued relevance in the Nigeria context.
Do we still need these courses? how many graduates of these degrees should we produce? who are the true employers of these people? what skill sets do they need? do we have to change titles, alter curricula and/or outrightly delete some things?
I have always been convinced that there is a serious need for The Physiological Society of Nigeria, and her counterparts in the other basic medical sciences to call a national dialogue on the future of those professions. The people who are bearing the brunt of the diminishing importance of these degrees are the younger generations of trainees, the established ones have little to bother about because there are ample teaching opportunities around for them. My prediction is that the next few generations down the road would even suffer more.
As an initial step in formally calling for a convocation to review these issues, I intend to initiate very soon a national survey to see where have all (Physiology) graduates ended in the last ten years or so and how are they doing. We would be consulting relevant industrial sectors to assess the employability of these degree holders. My hypothesis is that we do not need these degrees AS THEY ARE RIGHT NOW. I do hope the outcome would form a strong basis to draw the attention of The Physiological Society of nigeria, and schools that mass-produce these people, into a forum to channel a new course for the next generations.
If you already have a Bachelor's, my advice is to continue to doctorate level, that gives you substantial 'guarantee'; except of course you have a good job, a very good, promising job!

Physiology students are now being taunted by this same issue three years after you made this statement. What's the way forward especially considering the fact that there's a students' physiological association of Nigeria (SPAN)
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 6:28am On Jun 10, 2015
sparkle2k3:
@neuronin well said

I had a bsc in physio,and went futher to get an mbbs.
But physio truly is the bedrock of medicine. A re-evaluation of the application of our graduates in the health sector in Nigeria would go a long way.

Miss sparkle... I'm trying to get in contact with as many physiology graduates as possible. If any increase on the quality of physiology students would occur, you'll be an essential part, the graduates. What is your stand, 3 years later. How far along the line is the progress.

You can mail me at fiilosofer@yahoo.com if the public forum is not convenient, if not, I anticipate your reply here
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2015
linton99:
Am so glad dat I av found people facing d same problems n are thinking in d same direction.pls I av also been thinkin of hw to get other BMS graduates to realise dat der's a problem.if we dnt come togeda n address It,the problem wil remain.it is nt PSN or profs of basic medical sciences dat wil solve it.if they were oportuned 2 reach dat level hw abut d thousands of graduates who dnt hav any hope of direct jobs anywhere in d country.it is high time d nigerian govt+lawmakers do smtin abut dis.u cannt graduate 4rm a course we're der ar only less dan 50 direct jobs for over 30,000 graduates every year nation wide.it is insane..!we jus av to do smtn.we copy evrytin 4rm d white.democracy,medicine,engineerin,law,etc WHY CAN'T WE COPY THEM
In BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:we hav to do smtin,or better stil start an NGO,..am a graduate of human physiology.tanx

What's your stand at the moment. There seems to be a lot to do and as a student, I believe there's always a chance for better. How can you advice students in the department of physiology
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 6:59am On Jun 10, 2015
Winners72:
Guys, I am a gradute of university of ilorin anatomy dept. I graduated more dan 5 years now but no job. The only tin that is left for me is to go and prepare for jamb. There is no future in those useless paramedical courses. Its high time time we stopped deciving ourselves, expect by the grace of God, else one cannot do any thing with a degree in those courses. Infact, go to google and search, you will discover that the problem is not only peculier to nigerians but all over the world.
I am disappointed cos I was deceived to study the fake course despite reading like a mad man and graduated with a fantastic grade. Pls my pple, go and obtain a direct entry form or anoda jamb and fill in a better course. I tell you, its far better cos one will just sit @ home doing nofin till eternity. I have said my piece oooooooo. You may fink jamb is a long process but if you'd done dat all these while you would have had more hope by now.
No future in paramedics period.

3yrs later, do you have something else to tell physiology students? How have you fared personally. What do you think is the way forward?
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2015
femijck:
im a final yr studnt of unilorin too (physiology) but i thank God that i really knw wat ahead of me in my career path....plz wat d criteria for that masters?

Good day. As a graduate from university of Ilorin, what will you tell other physiology students that are there at the moment. I would also want to contact you based on your own experience after school.

fiilosofer@yahoo.com
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Kockane:
Shoutout to all d Unilorin peeps in the house. I graduated with the Anatomy class of 2010. I wldnt say a B.Sc Anatomy is as hopeless as most of us are making look in here... Dez days, less emphasis is made on certificates but wat you have upstairs. Came out with a 2.2 and with God's help, I can look back without any regrets. I branched out totally. Today I work in one of the top financial institutions in Nigeria, and earn a fat salary, sumfn lots of doctors can only dream of for starters.

Dats not to say my anatomy degree is totally redundant @ dis stage. I intend to do HSE. Grab all four certificates and proceed for an masters degree in occupational health afterwards. Its not gonna be easy, but with determination and God on my side, I'll be dere.

All I'm saying is this: Don't lose hope, Finding urself in the basic medical sciences isn't the end of the world. 2 years ago, I was distraught by the uncertain future I faced. Now, I can only look forward with expectations and hope for the future. I have no regrets studying anatomy. Shalom.

Your zeal is epic. Not everyone gets this lucky but your story can influence someone to think bigger. If you were to address the BMS students in the university of Ilorin, what would you tell them?
I also want to contact you. Mail me at fiilosofer@yahoo.com
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 7:16am On Jun 10, 2015
didicold:
Better by far,Physiology, Class 2011

still searching for a job, but i really have few regrets, fine, i no its not d most marketable course in nigeria, but having a good grade gives u hope.its not all about health, already applyin to sum financial institutions,i know i will make it.
Present students, d worst thing u will do is to say because d course isnt hot cake, u will slouch and den get a mediocre or poor grade wen leaving school, how does dat help u!
Remember "iya meji o kin je okuugbe"
*exit stage right*
PS: practising my essay writing skills*chuckles*

Two years later, what can you say to present physiology students
Re: Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here by Fiilosofer(m): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2015
Liverpoolfc:
You can be the best. If you hv a system, download all ur medical text books for free online and if you are not the book type, download lecture video from you tube. They will make BMS @ least fun unlike our 9ja lecturers who complicate it. Most things i never understood in school are now too simple for me bc of lecture video esp frm dr steven farmer . I wish i had system back then in school. Now i understand why it is difficult to get job wt bms, we were never really trained or lectured in a way to make BMS applied. Most of the things i knw in pharmacology today is as a result of personal reading, and pharmacology makes an physiology an applied course. download as much lecture video as possible, play them, watch them and read as little as you can . You will be suprised how good you will be. Always hv this mindset, ''that there is a better tomorrow''. If you find urself in BMS, no regret, be the best in ur owm field. The worst thing that can ever happen to you is to be discouraged and graduate with a low grade in BMS.

Students of the better by far university will like to hear from you. Contact me at fiilosofer@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.