Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Honey And Antibiotic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Honey And Antibiotic (2013 Views)

How To Distinguish Natural Honey And Artificial Honey / Flies And Antibiotic / Turn A Weak Antibiotic Into A Super Staph - Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
A new scientific study has shown that honey has special characteristics that help to defend against germs. Honey also has high capability to resistbacteria that evolved their immune systems against standard medications.
Honey, in the old and modern era, has always been used as a natural medicine for many diseases. This new study might be a new twist to use honey for medical purposes.

According to the study that has been done through Sidney University in Australia, Dekarter, a scientific teacher in the biological and microbial science college says, "our research has shown that honey can replace many of the antibiotics that are used to treat cuts such as ointments and different creams. Also, using honey for healing purposes will increase the aging period of antibiotics. " She also adds: " most of the bacteria that cause infections in hospitals are at least resistance to one type of antibiotic, which means the need to produce new and stronger antibiotics that are able to execute bacteria that cause diseases."
A scientific study assures that Allah (SWT) supplied honey with natural antibiotics that kills dangerous microbes, let us read …
Honey is a complicated compound that is consists of 800 molecules. This complication makes it difficult for scientists to fully understand the honey's mechanism of resisting and killing the bacteria. scientist Dekarter says: "until now, we have not found the method the honey apply to resist bacteria, but most likely there is the molecule" Methylglyoxal ", which is part of the honey, that reacts with other molecules which we have not discovered yet , to become able to inhibit bacteria from multiplying and making new generations that have the ability to resist to antibiotics. "Doctor Rose Koper ,from the Health Science college of Wells University, has conducted a research regarding honey's activity against bacteria, and she wrote the book "Honey facing cuts". In her book, she says: “there are many factors that give honey the special healing characteristics, including high sugar level, low water level, and low acidity."

Honey is a healing for people
My beloved for the sake of Allah! These new studies that are discovered by scientists and amaze them are not as surprising for us, because Allah Almighty has mentioned honey in his book, and revealed a chapter and call it " An-Nahl" which mean Bees. Allah almighty says:” And your Lord inspired the bee, saying: "Take you habitations in the mountains and in the trees and in what they erect * Then, eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of your Lord made easy (for you)." There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying color wherein is healing for men. Verily, in this is indeed a sign for people who think "[An-Nahl 68-69].
In conclusion, we advise every sister and brother to always have honey available in their homes. Honey is useful for treating burns, cuts, pyorrhea and it, is good for skin, cold and virus infections. So, we must have honey and use it both for food and medicine; especially for children!
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
see here
cnn.com
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by highland(m): 7:37am On Mar 25, 2012
Yes, honey is an antibiotic product.

Propilis Products from Green world is made of honey bee, good for fighting infection, boost immunw system too and aid quick healing for people with Ulcer.
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 12:59am On Mar 26, 2012
yes my dear brother

Narrated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : A man came to the Prophet and said, "My brother has some abdominal trouble." The Prophet said to him "Let him drink honey." The man came for the second time and the Prophet said to him, 'Let him drink honey." He came for the third time and the Prophet said, "Let him drink honey." He returned again and said, "I have done that ' The Prophet then said, "Allah has said the truth, but your brother's abdomen has told a lie. Let him drink honey." So he made him drink honey and he was cured.

Sahih al-Bukhary, The Book of Medicine , Hadith Number:5746, Narrated by: Sa'd Ibn-Malik
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 4:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
I was a boy Scout..

Honey is an antibiotic for wounds

Honey is used to prevent hypothermia
Honey is used to heal cuts

Honey and Islam.? youtube

honey is used to help Strep throat.

Honey is used to perserve food

1 thing about honey.. if a child in under one, he should always get none. (BOTULISM)
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2013
http://chishti.org/foods_of_the_prophet.htm

Honey has great medicine property and important ingredient in Ayurveda. Number of Ayurvedic medicines are consumed with honey.
Foods of the Prophet (s.a.w.s.)

Allah has said: "There comes forth, from within [the bee], a beverage of many colors in which there is a healing for you." Mixed with hot water, and taken in several small doses, honey is considered the best remedy for diarrhea.

The Prophet (s.a.w.s.) once said, "By Him in whose hand is my soul, eat honey. For there is no house in which honey is kept for which the angels will not ask for mercy. If a person eats honey, a thousand remedies enter his stomach and a million diseases will come out. If a man dies and honey is found within him, fire will not touch his body [i.e., he will be immune from the burning of hell]." The Prophet (s.a.w.s.) himself used to drink a glass of honey and water each morning on an empty stomach.
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by mtcole07(f): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
PLS IS IT GOOD 4 SICKLE CELL PATIENTS?
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 11:50am On Mar 30, 2013
yes,A few of the very many cures from honey

Anaemia

Honey is the best blood en-richer by raising corpuscle content. The darker the honey the more minerals it contains.

Food Preservative

Cakes with honey replacing sugar stay fresher longer due to natural antibiotics. Reduce liquids by approx. one-fifth to allow for moisture in honey.

Heart Patients

These people are well advised to replace white sugar (sucrose) with honey, natural fructose and glucose.
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 2:05pm On May 10, 2013
Honey mixed with cinnamon powder also helps reduce stomach ache.
To reduce weight, prepare a mixture of honey with cinnamon powder and water and drink it on a daily basis. This helps reduce the accumulation of fats.
Re: Honey And Antibiotic by eninn: 2:06pm On May 18, 2013
Honey is one of the best cure for arthritis. For curing arthritis, prepare a paste with one part of honey, two parts of lukewarm water, and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the joints that are most painful; this will reduce the pain in fifteen minutes.
It is also used for the treatment of baldness and hair loss. Prepare a paste of hot olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and apply it on your scalp before having a bath.

(1) (Reply)

Infertility In Women And Possible Treatment / How Can I Cure And Restore My Sunburn Permanently? / Doctors, What Is Wrong With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.