Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? (4080 Views)

Wike, Patience Jonathan Loot, Paralyze Nddc:agency Can’t Pay Salaries / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / Video Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Dancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by egift(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2012
When President Jonathan formed his cabinet, the entry Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was among the very few names that gave a face-lift to a cabinet list that returned many under-performed ministers and those selected for political settlement. As we have seen today only few are actively working in their various portfolio. Others are just Matter "Occupying their loot"

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is unceremoniously the Prime Minister of Nigeria. If she succeed in clinching the position of World Bank President, will it hurt President Jonathan? What do you think?
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2012
Now that is what concerns me the most in all of this. If the 'ace in the hole' leaves, what are we left with? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Only last december, when asked of the accomplishments of his administration, Jonathan essentially patted himself on the back for getting Okonjo Iweala to join his team, and promised that Nigerians were in for real change as a result. If she leaves less than a year into the administration, what are we to look forward to?

1 Like

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Callotti: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2012
How can you paralyze a quadruplegic economy?
She is a figure head. . .she was appointed.
She really has no powers under Deziani Allison Madueke who really calls the shots!

What exactly has she done that has had any quantifiable or qualitative measures of economic success in Nigeria?

Under Obasanjo, it was the bogus debt re-negotiation.
Under Goodluck, it was the notorious 'subsidy removal' Ponzi Scheme.
All dead beats!

At least with the World Bank she will be held accoutable and supervised.
Better for her career. . .BUT OF NO USE TO THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEBACLE AND ALBATROSS CALLED NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by kokoA(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2012
Isn't GEJ's government paralyzed already? Let the world bank take her from us and save us from all her elitist economic policies jare.. Maybe GEJ wil become considerate to the plight of the masses. She will not be missed by any poor Nigerian.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Callotti: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2012
Gbam!
Gbam!
Gbamology!
I concurrently concur!

1 Like

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Phonon: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2012
She is going nowhere.President Obama has announced a certain Jim Yong Kim as his nominee.THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by ifyalways(f): 9:39am On Mar 24, 2012
She go oh, she stay oh,crayfish still remains poor man's salmon.

2 Likes

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by achi4u(m): 9:51am On Mar 24, 2012
ifyalways: She go oh, she stay oh,crayfish still remains poor man's salmon.
my dear,wetin concern agbero with over load

1 Like

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by tonardo(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2012
whats d topic? Abi thread? Somebody help what are we saying? Can't understand

1 Like

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by lacasa: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti: How can you paralyze a quadruplegic economy?
She really has no powers under Deziani Allison Madueke who really calls the shots!

What exactly has she done that has had any quantifiable or qualitative measures of economic success in Nigeria?

All dead beats!

Better for her career. . .BUT OF NO USE TO THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEBACLE AND ALBATROSS CALLED NIGERIA.

U've stated it all. Gba!!
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by gentlegg(m): 10:13am On Mar 24, 2012
This topic is tooooooooooo annoying to me. For Christ sake, what has that fat woman done to our economy? I challenge anybody here to pin point single magic she has done for the betterment of the ordinary man in this country that warrants anybody in his or her right senses to think that her exit will paralyze the paralytic called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by zulk12(f): 10:24am On Mar 24, 2012
Who cares?
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Pambegua(m): 10:33am On Mar 24, 2012
Callotti: How can you paralyze a quadruplegic economy?

All dead beats!

U HAVE SPOKEN WELL!
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by success4(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2012
She has achieved nothing! If she went, it will be a relieve to common man!
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by adino(m): 11:19am On Mar 24, 2012
She is going nowhere,NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA Is going nowhere.She is too important to Nigerian Development, G.E.J transformation agenda and the ultimate checkmating Mallam Sanusi exceesses(Boko Haram CBN chief and voodoo economist).
Even if she goes it will be a win-win situation as another iron lady OBY EZEKWESILI will immediately feel the void, G.E.J know the game plan and mind you OBY EZEKWESILI TAKES NO PRISONERS grin grin grin grin grin, she is what our notorious looters need.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Onasa22: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2012
Ngozi being a key player in Nigeria Economy does nt mean her exit wil paralyze Jonathan's Govt, she's an appointee like every other Minister. U people under rate our President too much
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by ENEONWO(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2012
I would rather believe that her exit will positively improve the micro-economic fronts. Her programmes are basically elitist, tailored towards executing the whims and caprices of her paymasters, the Bretton-wood institutions (World Bank & IMF). She is becoming a burden to our collective progress. Remember her roles in the fuel subsidy saga? Good riddance!
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2012
gentlegg: This topic is tooooooooooo annoying to me. For Christ sake, what has that fat woman done to our economy? I challenge anybody here to pin point single magic she has done for the betterment of the ordinary man in this country that warrants anybody in his or her right senses to think that her exit will paralyze the paralytic called Nigeria.

She helped start this recent move away from fuel subsidy, and promised us better will come down the line. She spearheaded campaigns to brainwash the public into believing that subsidy only benefited the rich Nigerians. She went as far as to claim that increasing the cost of fuel would not affect the majority as she was of the belief that most transport vehicles ran on diesel.We also watched as she made claim, after claim, backing the administrations failures to address the corruption that plagued the fuel-subsidy program. During the hearings(for show it seems they all were) earlier in the year on subsidy and the cost, it was revealed to Nigerians that she and her team did not even have real numbers on what fuel subsidy cost Nigeria. We also heard of the so-called palliative programs designed to help ease the suffering of the masses as a result of subsidy removal. Much of that plan remains unknown to the major public and probably most in government are not aware of the details of it.

IF she leaves right in the middle of all this( Nigerians are paying higher at the pumps and the country still pays yet about the same as it did before the so-called removal),where will it all go then? Are we going to have to start all over again, as that seems to be the way these plans are handled in Nigeria. It is something that ought to concern every Nigerian at this time. She seems to be the person with the details of how this ought to work and end. Nobody else in this administration does.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Taiw(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
She helped start this move away from
subsidy, and promised us better will come
in due time. IF she leaves right in the middle
of all this now( Nigerians are paying higher
at the pumps and the country still pays yet
about the same as it did before the so-called
removal)where will it all go then? It is
something that ought to concern every
Nigerian at this time. She seems to be the
person with the details of how this ought to
work and end. Nobody else in this
administration does.
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

I want to believe you are so myopic in your thinking.After about 3months of subsidy removal,what positive signs have you started seeing?what did she say when GEJ allocated 1billion for his feeding?Has any thing been done to reduce the allowances of our political leaders and cut their expensive lifestyle?where are the buses they promised us?what was the outcome of the subsidy probe?did anybody go to jail?i can go on and on.aint you in this country?you are lucky i'm in a good mood if not i would have insulted you bastardly.If okonjo had the interest of nigerians in her mind,she would have resigned honourably and publicly criticize visionless GEJ and his govt.AS far as i'm concerned her departure wont have any negative effect on th economy.make una no vex me oo
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Taiw(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
She helped start this move away from
subsidy, and promised us better will come
in due time. IF she leaves right in the middle
of all this now( Nigerians are paying higher
at the pumps and the country still pays yet
about the same as it did before the so-called
removal)where will it all go then? It is
something that ought to concern every
Nigerian at this time. She seems to be the
person with the details of how this ought to
work and end. Nobody else in this
administration does.
(Report Post) (Quote Post) Like

@kobojunkie I want to believe you are so myopic in your thinking.After about 3months of subsidy removal,what positive signs have you started seeing?what did she say when GEJ allocated 1billion for his feeding?Has any thing been done to reduce the allowances of our political leaders and cut their expensive lifestyle?where are the buses they promised us?what was the outcome of the subsidy probe?did anybody go to jail?i can go on and on.aint you in this country?you are lucky i'm in a good mood if not i would have insulted you bastardly.If okonjo had the interest of nigerians in her mind,she would have resigned honourably and publicly criticize visionless GEJ and his govt.AS far as i'm concerned her departure wont have any negative effect on th economy.make una no vex me oo
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2012
Taiw:

@kobojunkie I want to believe you are so myopic in your thinking.After about 3months of subsidy removal,what positive signs have you started seeing?what did she say when GEJ allocated 1billion for his feeding?Has any thing been done to reduce the allowances of our political leaders and cut their expensive lifestyle?where are the buses they promised us?what was the outcome of the subsidy probe?did anybody go to jail?i can go on and on.aint you in this country?you are lucky i'm in a good mood if not i would have insulted you bastardly.If okonjo had the interest of nigerians in her mind,she would have resigned honourably and publicly criticize visionless GEJ and his govt.AS far as i'm concerned her departure wont have any negative effect on th economy.make una no vex me oo

You know what? I am saying Tala n tolo, and you are on Tolo n tala.

Nigeria, as far as we are told, is currently on a plan, and that plan happens to be the Finance minister's plan. If the Finance minister leaves in the middle of it all, any reasonable person will ask what becomes of the plan.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by a1solution: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2012
lacasa:

U've stated it all. Gba!!
NA SO JARE
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Yujin(m): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
Definitely, her departure if she accepts to leave will be greatly felt. Her inputs are yet to be felt by majority of the populace but her absence will no doubt be a big blow to GEJ's 'transformation agenda'. Nigeria is a shark & crocodile infested water: what is the hope of the ordinary fish?
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by nimi1: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2012
Take it guys, Dr. Iweala is a rare gift to this nation. The world is celebrating her. Let us do same.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by sandiyke(f): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
achi4u: my dear,wetin concern agbero with over load
lmao Abi dog wit kolanut!!!
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by Chyz2: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Oby Ekwesili will take her spot so nigeria is good.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by initiate: 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
Good riddance to bad rubbish
she sold us out to the west, whose grand plan is to impoverish africa o their own advantage. we need home grown technocrats who understand the problem of the country and they are committed to finding a solution.

not some over paid , overfed puppet!

and i totally support all those who say she has added no value. she has done absolutely nothing to improve the wellbeing of nigerians, just some theoretical charade she goes about with.
Re: Will Ngozi Okonjo-iweala's Exit Paralyze Jonathan? by strangerf: 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2012
Has retardeeeeen not paralyzed himself with his ill-advised subsi[b]deen[/b] policy?

(1) (Reply)

Petroleum Marketers Threaten To Shut Operations In Two Days / Billionaire Arthur Eze Shocks Gov T A Orji And Publicly Disgraced Him. / The Horrendous PTF Fraud: How N25 Billion Was Stolen Under Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.