Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria (9157 Views)

Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election / Arik Presents Ipad3 to Omojuwa, Elrufai's Mouth Piece And Chief Hacker(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by CharlesE1: 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2012
Elrufai Predicts Coup in Nigeria

After his friend, Malam Bashir Yusuf (political adviser to Atiku) justified the recent Malian coup, controversial former minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir Elrufai, has come out to declare that he thinks that a coup will happen in Nigeria.

As usual, NaijaPundit brings you his tweet and that of Malam Bashir Yusuf below.

It is strongly suspected in political circles that hard core Northern conservatives are so uncomfortable with life out of power that they are considering any means possible to regain power with many of them longing for the days when the military could topple civilian administrations at will.

There have also been strong calls for a review of the revenue formula of the nation to further benefit the North who feel that the SouthSouth states should not get the 13% derivation with CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, blaming 13% derivation for the upsurge of the Boko Haram insurgency, while the Niger State governor said in a statement released after Northern governors met that they will not give up "the pressure". But the most ridiculous statement on this issue was that made by Dr. Junaid Mohammed of the Concerned Northern Leaders who said that the SouthSouth is suffering from the adverse effects of 13% derivation and that it's leaders lack "the executive capacity" to manage the funds and as such those funds should be channelled to other areas (read North).

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/elrufai-predicts-coup-in-nigeria

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Daraplato(m): 5:44pm On Mar 24, 2012
Sometimes people just talk rubbish. If any coup will happen in Nigeria, it will be fueled by the notherners. And it wont be funny as other nations will condemn it. Dont let Nigeria be like Lybia, where "Nato" will dumping bombs like refuse.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by LailaIkeji1: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
Wahala dey oo. na like ds e dey start oo.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Callotti: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
Long over-due.
Time to enlist and gerrrid of these bloody civilians!
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2012
This guy should shut it already.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by buzor(m): 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2012
i only pray that northerners will execute their bloody coup very fast and no wastin time.
atleast that ll bring an end to d fake marriage called nigeria.
they should bring it on; no more time for too much talk.
bloody parasites
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by nduchucks: 6:46pm On Mar 24, 2012
Funkymallam: This guy should shut it already.

Some of you people are so daft that you allow your bigotry and tribalism to subdue your senses atimes. The OP was dishonest by titling the thread in a manner that implies a prediction by El Rufai. El Rufai never made a prediction, but was answering a question in the correct manner. Indeed the Mali case will happen in Nigeria if we don't change the current situation of our democracy. Thankfully, some of us are working very hard to bring about the needed changes.

Some of you lazy fools can read El Rufai's tweet below, in case you didn't do so earlier.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/667380[/img]
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
El Rufai might actually be deadlier than he looks.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2012
El Rufai is beginning to cut the picture of a pitiable creature.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Funkymallam(m): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Some of you people are so daft that you allow your bigotry and tribalism to subdue your senses atimes. The OP was dishonest by titling the thread in a manner that implies a prediction by El Rufai. El Rufai never made a prediction, but was answering a question in the correct manner. Indeed the Mali case will happen in Nigeria if we don't change the current situation of our democracy. Thankfully, some of us are working very hard to bring about the needed changes.

Some of you lazy fools can read El Rufai's tweet below, in case you didn't do so earlier.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/667380[/img]

Tribalism? I laff in swahili.
What do u think his answer meant? Or u need a special english lesson to understnd what he meant?

Grow up dude.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 24, 2012
@POST

I like the peeps from northern region of Nigeria. They usually do not equivocate on issues about Nigeria which go contrarily to their political believes. All these talks of democracy in Nigeria are total baloney when there is no equity and justice.

Nigeria would have heard it clear and sound about the political displeasure in the north if a zone has only five states in the north region while other zones in the rest of country had seven or six.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2012
I think a coup is in order because it will help the cowardly Nigerians to achieve what they've been habouring in their minds for a long. This might just be fastest ticket to a disunited Nigeria.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2012
A Coup WILL happen in Nigeria, its not a matter of If but when!

A lot of you are just so tribal in nature that you're so blind and stupid to evil as long as its your kinsman committing the atrocities.

When the coup happens, Nigeria WILL NOT BREAK UP! I can see Eastern Politicians getting an ere*ction in the hopes that Rebel factions will start an uprising immediately after any coup, disintegrate Nigeria, then let them (Politicians) come back to cause more damage in Biafara (or whatever name they think up this time)like they did in Nigeria. Not this time! Any Coup this time will have to be as bloody as possible wiping out as much of these Politicians/Local Rebels in one full move as quickly as possible. Crippling blows from North,East, to the West.

If you think there aren't still patriots in the Nigerian Army that are disgusted at this civilian Government like you and I, then you're dreaming. The Coup is inevitable, and I bet you this : the only hinderance right now (because of the tribal nature of the average Nigerian) is probably the need to make it all look "balanced" i.e every section of the country took part in eliminating a corrupt Government because we all know the first cry of GEJ will be "HAUSAS AND YORUBAS HATE ME". . . .

I'd like to hear what his reaction will be when the Army officer reading the takeover speech is a fellow Ijaw like himself.

1 Like

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Beaf: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2012
^
You got jokes, bruv! grin
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by buzor(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2012
i guess this kingoflag or what ever he CallS himself must be high on something.
if i may ask, mr kingoflag did u smoke cow poo?
i hear hausa peeps now smoke it to relieve their frustratns...
try a coup and d result, not too much talking
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
buzor: i guess this kingoflag or what ever he CallS himself must be high on something.
if i may ask, mr kingoflag did u smoke cow poo?
i hear hausa peeps now smoke it to relieve their frustratns...
try a coup and d result, not too much talking

Of course, like the illiterate tribal beast you are, you automatically assumed I was Hausa while failing to comprehend the rest of my post. SMH
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by noiseless: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2012
Talking is easier than every other thing, try it and get what gadafi and his army got, if you are a big fat gworo chewing fool!
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by buzor(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2012
kingoflag:

Of course, like the illiterate tribal beast you are, you automatically assumed I was Hausa while failing to comprehend the rest of my post. SMH
sorry i forgot to add hausa almajiri.
even almajiri now has access to computer; oh world is about 2 end-
tufiakwa
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by buzor(m): 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
noiseless: Talking is easier than every other thing, try it and get what gadafi and his army got, if you are a big fat gworo chewing fool!
well said. dont mind those parasites with their born to rule mentality
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Lucy001(f): 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
Abeg let this aboki mana go and sit down, he is always power drunk, always wanting to return back to power by all means, hv he forgotten the allocation of Abuja's land to all his familiy members, including his dogs.....lolz
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by ismhab(m): 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
I hope so, i will be the happiest person in the world.

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by success4(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2012
Let there be coup jare and it must be exactly like ''operation Gbosa''
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by POTUT(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2012
Pity.
Nigeria's democracy has always been in need of help, so has its military dictatorships. From experience, Nigerians know by now which of the two worlds they'd rather be in.
I have studied our history so far and can say without apologies that Buhari's coup and the very first coup we had in 1966 were our two tragic turning points. (For this same reason I campaigned vehemently against Buhari in the absence of any apologies from him and his cohorts). If democracy, as bad as it was in these two eras had not been so mindlessly, dishonorably and irresponsibly truncated, all the pitfalls we are experiencing today and lamenting over would have been dealt with in good measure. From a bloated government to a dangerously strong center, from gather-and-share-at-Abuja governance to outrageous salaries for legislators.
For El-Rufai to respond with such words is only saying what many ordinary Nigerians have discussed even in commercial buses. What is interesting though is that El-Rufai did not hear these echoes when he was in government.
Nigeria will get it right, I am doing myself good by believing so. GEJ is a momentous president. If his tenure doesn't turn out to be an epoch-making one, I will be very disappointed.
Nigeria is far ahead of other African countries in matters of national consciousness. Any coup will be one too many.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2012
Northerners have been planning this for a while.

They are using Boko Haram as way of capturing power from the South.

If they do that, there will be a conflict, because GEJ was elected by the people. He won the election.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by passyjango(m): 10:18pm On Mar 24, 2012
I do not even know what the issue here is. Are we saying that given the state of affairs in Nigeria that a coup is impossible or is it because the comment came from a disgruntled Northern leader? Forget the messenger take the message.

Nigeria is already heading in the wrong direction and as Newton stated in his third law of motion an object (or a country) will maintain steady speed in a given direction until it is acted upon by a force. That force must not be a coup, but if the force is not coming from the leaders and the people are not applying any reasonable force for change, where the do you want the force to come from?

The words of El Rufai should be noted rather than being waved away.

3 Likes

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2012
You people threatening to bring the Quenns head to Eagle Square or resurrect Osama and Ghaddafi if. Coup takes place in Nigeria are all bunch of jokers.

I repeat Nothing! And absolutely Nothing will happen.
Not even a fly will blink an eye is such takes place.

Was it not these same people making noise now and shouting "Occupy Nigeria", Occupy Africa", and "Occupy the world" durinmg the last hike in fuel price? What eventually happened when soldiers were deployed to some states? No be under bed una run hide?

Nigeria's only have mouth.

@Kingoflag, they may want to critisize your post but the truth is always irritating to the ear. You made a wonderful point.

These very same hypocrites and sycophants will be the same people to start condemning GEJ and his Government if there will be a success in a coup takeover. Even his very own Ijaw people will disown him.

Someone made a brilliant point, even if 10 successive coups takes place in a day, Nigeria will not break up. It will remain one disunited Nigeria.

No one is ready to go the extra mile to get "real freedom". Na nairaland, twitter, facebook, sahara reporters and new papers everybody dey flex muscle.

3 Likes

Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Thereishel: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2012
LET THERE BE COUP, THE EXPENDITURES ON POLITICIANS ARE TOO MUCH FROM MINISTERS, SENATORS, REP. STATE ASSEMBLIES, ADVISERS ETC. THERE IS NO FUND AVAILABLE FOR CAPITAL EXPENDITURES! LOOTINGS AND FRAUDS, INSECURITY, BOKO HARAM MENACE----
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Yujin(m): 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2012
We are laughing. Let the show begin. El rufai and his peeps should hasten up; we can barely wait.
@kingoflag, are you really sure? Can't you read the signs? Well Gaddafi called them rats but he ended up hidding in a hole like a rat. We are watching.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 1:06am On Mar 25, 2012
Elrufai is starting to sound like the nigerian rush limbaugh. My fellow american posters will understand this statement
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:11am On Mar 25, 2012
hehehe!
So, what is stopping him and his boys? lmao.
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Mar 25, 2012
ismhab: I hope so, i will be the happiest person in the world.

ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Elrufai Predicts Coup In Nigeria by Igbanibo: 4:10am On Mar 25, 2012
I dont believe in Sharia, but this man needs to be flogged: 50 lashes of koboko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beggars Storm Lagos Assembly Over Removal From Roads / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.