Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? (2646 Views)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Oritsejafor To Jonathan - Give Half Of Your Salary To The Poor / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? by OmoPastor(m): 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
How does the bible define poverty?

Deuteronomy 15:11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

In our society today, who can be tagged poor? What condition(s) makes someone poor?

If we are commanded to give to the poor, then who are the poor? Are the jobless poor or are widows poor or are the incapacitated poor?

How do you know the poor?
Re: Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? by oaroloye(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
SHALOM!

The Bible didn't need to define "POVERTY," because the people whom it was written to were not idiots- unlike yourself.

Anybody knows the difference between Poverty and Riches.

If you need someone to tell you, you must be lying in a bed, with tubes feeding you!

. PROVERBS 30:5-9.

5. Every Word of God is Pure:
He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him.
6. Add thou not unto His Words,
lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
7. Two things have I required of Thee;
deny me them not before I die:
8. "Remove far from me vanity and lies:
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with food convenient for me:
9. "Lest I be full, and deny thee,
and say, "Who is the LORD?"
or lest I be poor, and steal,
and take The Name of my God in vain."

IF YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY WHERE YOU THINK THAT YOU DO NOT NEED GOD, YOU MUST BE RICH!

. LUKE 6:20.

20. And he lifted up his eyes on his Disciples, and said,
"Blessed be ye poor: for yours is The Kingdom of God."

. LUKE 18:24-25.

24. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said,
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter into The Kingdom of God!
25. "For it is easier for a camel to go through a Needle's Eye,
than for a rich man to enter into The Kingdom of God."

THE LYING OYINBO CHURCHES SAY THAT THERE WAS A GATE AT JERUSALEM CALLED "THE NEEDLE'S EYE," WHICH WAS SO NARROW, THAT A CAMEL HAD TO BE UNLOADED, IN ORDER TO PASS THROUGH- AND THAT THAT IS WHAT JESUS WAS TALKING ABOUT.

I am sure that you who took "BIBLE RELIGIOUS STUDIES" feel very smug and superior to the ignoramuses who never went to school, and therefore do not know that! However, it turns out that WE WERE THE FOOLS!

The Oyinbos KNOW VERY WELL- because a Scholar named GEORGE LAMSA exposed this during the late 20th Century- that the ARAMAIC LANGUAGE YAHSHUA SPOKE IN HAD TWO WORDS THAT ARE SPELLED IDENTICALLY: "GAMLA," meaning "CAMEL," and "GAMLA," meaning "ROPE."

. LUKE 8:14.

14. " 'And that which fell Among Thorns are they,
which, when they have heard, go forth,
and are choked with Cares and Riches
and Pleasures of This Life,
and bring no fruit to Perfection.' "

RICHES CHOKE THE WORD, AND MAKE A PERSON UNFRUITFUL.

Kenneth Copeland- whom I greatly respected at that time- because I heard several important Teachings for the the First Time from HIM- SAID:

"...HE DIDN'T SAY "RICHES!" HE SAID "THE DECEITFULNESS OF IT!"

[See: THE HUNDREDFOLD RETURN PRINCIPLE, by Kenneth Copeland.]

. MARK 4:18-19.

18. " 'And these are they
which are sown Among Thorns;
such as hear The Word,
19. "And the Cares of this World,
and the Deceitfulness of Riches,
and the Lusts of other things entering in,
choke The Word,
and It becometh unfruitful.' "

I WAS SHOCKED TO REALIZE THAT KENNETH COPELAND COULD TELL A LIE AGAINST THE BIBLE.

Luke specifically said that it was THE "RICHES" ENTITY that choked the Word.

That RICHES THEMSELVES were the IMPEDIMENT- not just their DECEITFULNESS.

Of course Yahshua mentioned "the DECEITFULNESS of Riches;" this was obviously a larger discussion than what we were told.

This was the largest Tape Series I had ever bought- maybe 10 or 12 tapes in it? I forget.

I wanted to believe that "my Main Man" was ALWAYS CORRECT, but I had to face the REALITY, that what he said here was a LIE.

His MOTIVE for lying was OBVIOUS: TO COLLECT DONATIONS FROM RICH CHRISTIANS.

This week, I overhead my co-worker playing a W.F. KUMUYI Message, where he talked about going to the KENNETH HAGIN CAMPMEETING, where he was inviting donations from Brethren toward the building of his RHEMA BIBLE TRAINING CENTRE.

THEREFORE, that must have been 1979...?

Re: Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? by petra1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
OmoPastor:

How do you know the poor?
It's relative . I can say it's
Is Anyone who is less privileged than you
Re: Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? by petra1(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4119490_aramaicgamlapeshittabible001_jpeg5333d5720f567892c0146765ddd87ace

The Greek word for that passage is Camelos and not gamla. It's making reference to camel and not rope
Re: Who Is The Poor According To The Bible? by oaroloye(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
petra1:

The Greek word for that passage is Camelos and not gamla. It's making reference to camel and not rope

That is very interesting, but I am talking about ARAMAIC and not GREEK language.

The Greeks were wrong, therefore the English got it wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Do Catholic Churches Preach At All ??????? / See What The Bible Says About Non Christian / Islam And Barbarism: Hard Cold Truth Being Shrouded.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.