Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE (5801 Views)

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) / President Abdoulaye Wade Concedes Defeat In Senegalese Poll. / Thousands In Senegal Protest As Court Grant Wade Right To Seek 3rd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Araboy(m): 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2012
It is official now Abdoulaye Wade just appeared on The Senegalese TV RTS to congratulate Macky Sall 50 , former prime minister and eminent Fulani Politician
This morning Wade appeared headed for resounding defeat in sunday 's run off tonight

Macky Sall was elected the new president of Senegal on Sunday after trouncing 85-year-old incumbent Abdoulaye Wade in a run-off vote. Wade has conceded defeat to his former prime minister, allaying fears he might try to cling on to power.
By News Wires (text)

AP -President Abdoulaye Wade conceded defeat to his former protege Macky Sall late Sunday, congratulating him several hours after polls closed when preliminary results showed the opposition candidate had trounced the 85-year-old incumbent.

Wade called Sall around 9:30 p.m. (2130 GMT) Sunday to congratulate him on his victory, state television reported. The move alleviated fears that Wade would attempt to stay in office after 12 years or would challenge the runoff results.

Even before Wade conceded, Sall’s supporters began celebrating in the streets of the capital, singing and marching through downtown Dakar. Some danced on the roofs of moving vehicles, and one man did a cartwheel amid the traffic near the Place de l’Independance.
Source
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by mukina2: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2012
bugana Wade sad

congrats to Macky i hope he does NOT bring in Youssour to help in any way grin grin
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by dadicvila(m): 9:46am On Mar 26, 2012
Congrats,the old man should go home and enjoy his money
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by marocguy(m): 9:59am On Mar 26, 2012
good news. I personally wished for this
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by begwong: 10:06am On Mar 26, 2012
dadicvila: Congrats,the old man should go home and enjoy his money
Coming to Britain to spend his loot! grin grin
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Korrection(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2012
na wao
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by MyJoe: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2012
A bit of good news. Good we didn't have another Gbagbo or Mugabe.
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26am On Mar 26, 2012
Im happy!!

The fall of Gbagbo and Ghadaffi is the beginning of wisdom!!
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Mr9iceGuy(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2012
Can such thing happen in nigeria? It has happend in South africa, ghana, now senegal. One day PDP will loose to opposition at presidential pool
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by emsquare(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2012
Voice of the people!
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by damilola15: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2012
One of those rare moment where I can say YES African's can practice democracy.
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Ganys: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2012
Mr9iceGuy: Can such thing happen in nigeria? It has happend in South africa, ghana, now senegal. One day PDP will loose to opposition at presidential pool
i laugh in india~ Nahiiii nahiii.... Well...i think that will happen after 60yrs... grin
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by babaowo: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2012
Little advices and explanation or dialogue can change the world for better,I think people should now see what OBJ went to do in senegal by now.
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Pambegua(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2012
Infact, the foundation of nigerian civil rule was not built on democratic platform. It is dishearting for a ruling party to subtitute consensus for free voting as a democratic ethos. Whereever democray is vibrant military were the bed rock of establishing such ethos IN AFRICA- so nigerian military have a greater task of establishing a genuine democracy from the scratch. The country heads for a bleak future as hope of nurturing democry by the politicians is daunting!
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by rasputinn(m): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2012
mukina2: bugana Wade sad

congrats to Macky i hope he does NOT bring in Youssour to help in any way grin grin

Seconded,Youssour,George Weah etc and all these other sportsmen and artistes that think celebrity power equates to political clout need to be put in their place

Good weekend,Bamanga wins,Sally wins
Im satisfied
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by ZUBY77(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2012
My advice to him is to start making plans on how to finish his agenda within the constitutional timeframe. We dont need a situation where he would want to extend his tenure through constitutional ammendments.
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Olalekan0(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
Pls correct me if am wrong,Was sall not a member of Wade's cabinet?

This is the same manner Wade came to power before he turned authoritarian and as such, sall himself cannot be trusted
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Binkalette: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Great news.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Jemibee: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
U are CORRECT!! He was actually GROOMED by Wade before leaving to create his own party.
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by mukina2: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
Olalekan 0: Pls correct me if am wrong,Was sall not a member of Wade's cabinet?

This is the same manner Wade came to power before he turned authoritarian and as such, sall himself cannot be trusted
He was a Prime Minister for Wade
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2012
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by deebayour(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ Olalekan yeah we know he is a protege of Wade but @ least allow the guy to land first now and let's see what he has
@ dadicivilla methinks Abdoulaye Wade should just go home put his house in order and die after all isn't he old enough
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by BahPulo(f): 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
I am so proud of my fellow senegaleses for coming out and sending a loud and clear message to all politicians
that if you mess with us we will deal with you not by violence but by our votes. As for Gorgui, Wade I am glad that you finally woke up from
your slumber. Macky c'est a toi maintenant better do a good job for we are watching you and we will not let you or any other politician take us for granted anymore. By the way Iam new here like the foreign affairs section a lot though a lot of fighting......
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Araboy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
@ Mukina se affair ak wade lerul grin

@ Pullo bienvenue a bord
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Olalekan0(m): 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2012
Under sall's tenure as prime minister,corruption and embezzlement of funds increased exponentially and he only fell out with his boss(wade)when it became obvious wade was not going to annoint him (sall) as his successor but rather he was grooming his own son to take over from him.

Anyways,It's soothing to know that nigerians are not the only gullible people in africa
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 27, 2012
Good for a start!
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by theviper1: 1:50am On Mar 27, 2012
1st and foremost i want to congratulate M.Sall for his victory,bt let us not forget what Wade did in Senegal in a hurry cos he made the human error of wanting to stay more.the man provided alot of infras. for his pple.built more roads and a whole lot of things for his country and i know that any honest senegalese will agree with me.i knew senegal before Wade and i know it today.the 1st thing the dude did on getting to power was that as a real pan-african,he stopped the humiliation of other africans in senegal,especially nigerians.b4 then,it was horrible.bt then cos we are all humans and have weaknesses,he thought wrongly and wanted to stay 4eva.he is very old(a senegalese friend told me that Wade should be atleast 110 grin).he should have done what Lula did in Brazil.the guy sent forth his girl-friend and retired in peace and as an elderly statesman.bt he will be alright.at the worst,he will move over to the west as his wify is whyte
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Nayah(f): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2012
Okija_juju: Im happy!!

The fall of Gbagbo and Ghadaffi is the beginning of wisdom!!

Or the continuation of oppression by the westerners
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Nayah(f): 9:01am On Mar 27, 2012
Olalekan 0: Pls correct me if am wrong,Was sall not a member of Wade's cabinet?

Exactly and that's what people don't know or forget, Wade was received the same way right after Abdou Diouf in 2000, now we know the end, Sall was the right hand of Wade misunderstandings and hierchical issues lead Sall to cut realtions with Wade, even Mr Mbacké the respresentant of WADE cabinet declared yesterday " This is not the victory of the opposition, but the victory of a branch of Wade's cabinet", that's whay I'm reserved compared to the others who claim "democracy"

"Democracy" this concept which is completely unadequate with our realities makes dream a lot of us ( not me) but a lot while it has shows many times its limits ( Mali for example). Sorry but I really think that change is not in the form but it's deep and I'm afraid Sall will continue what his "father" left, hope I'm wrong but I'm trying to take distance and see accomplishment first
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by mukina2: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2012
Araboy: @ Mukina se affair ak wade lerul grin

@ Pullo bienvenue a bord
baye ma deh! dama buga wade, buguma Youssou ham jama defa rewww angry

you should have seen Youssour dancing on tfm like he won nonsense angry grin
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by Nayah(f): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2012
lol dangeen beugue poullo hun hhehehehe,Goor Sunuugal rek wink
Re: Senegal Elections: Macky Sall Leads Over Incombent Abdoulaye WADE by theviper1: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
@mukina2,i thought that u are a nigerian.lol.fear don catch me.see as u dey hammer walof pass senegalese. grin tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Land Reform In South Africa - Discuss! / Toto: Meet 24-year-old Kenyan Lady Who Is Trending On Twitter / China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.