Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? (15190 Views)

Poll: YES

NO: 100% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. / Tb Joshua Is Using D Strongest Satanic Power.code 0012. Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by ceejayluv(m): 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
Danigmatic: correction,,those in †ђξ media re hard copies while †ђξ printed papers re soft copies,,†ђξ media materials re termed hard copies becus it can hardly be destroyed,missing Ãήϑ stands time..
WTF ar u sayin
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by SisiKill1: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
ceejayluv:
WTF ar u sayin

What he is trying to say is that hard copy is more RE than the soft copies, one can say soft copies are MI. . .now I'm not sure if both can be called DO, but I know for sure sure that in some circles, hard copies are seen as FA, these people thumb their noses at soft copies because they consider it SO. Of course there is another set who think both Soft and Hard copies are just LA and TI and that we call need to step up to DO. . .now this is where the good stuff is at.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by MeGaStReEt: 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
I believe the Holy Bible is a powerful book and shouldn't be replaced by anything. You can heal somebody by placing the Holy Bible on their body, can you do that with your phone

The word of God is Life! The Holy Bible is the key
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by tiebe: 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
The things that are sin to God are clearly stated in the bible o! using the bible in your phone in church is not not a sin. all na still bible. like many have said here, its the word in the bible and not the physical book that has the power.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by jonnex: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
Can someone tell me where i can download an audio bible most especially on my mobile phone.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by emsquare(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
Not sin except you start pinging nd facebooking inside church...
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

What he is trying to say is that hard copy is more RE than the soft copies, one can say soft copies are MI. . .now I'm not sure if both can be called DO, but I know for sure sure that in some circles, hard copies are seen as FA, these people thumb their noses at soft copies because they consider it SO. Of course there is another set who think both Soft and Hard copies are just LA and TI and that we call need to step up to DO. . .now this is where the good stuff is at.
Hahahaha. We go soon see "what are you singing?"
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Machini(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
senben: Using Ur fone bible during de service may not be a sin but it could be a source of distraction because calls,text or chats could make U lose focus in de process of the service...

u can always switch to Offline mode!
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Machini(m): 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2012
lilkech: We go 2 church 2 worship and praise God.

The only gadgets allowed are supposed to be musical based

lets not allow the western world lead us into blind sin

I dont even know wat to say. Now Its right to use musical instruments but not E-bible?(Hypocritical). So d musical instruments were sent to us from heaven by God right? Not 4rm d western world right? Hmm, do u knw there was a time dat using musical instruments in d church were perceived as sin too??
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by doofanc: 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2012
jonnex: Can someone tell me where i can download an audio bible most especially on my mobile phone.

lol! You no dey read the comments at all?
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by uzoexcel(m): 11:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
i was readn dz post and i slept off and had a dream....u rememba those dayz when we open our picture biblez and c the angels on horses carrying huge blazing swords....now in my dream mehn they were with armored tanks, jet fighters and carrying gunz to fight demons.....is dz 4 real
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2012
Really funny thing happened to me just now: I took a passing glance at this topic and could've sworn it said "Is using your phone to self-service on sunday a sin?" lol!

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Ozegbe(m): 4:46am On Mar 27, 2012
actually i cant remember the last time i took bible to church. But i know we are gradually going from hard copy to softcopy. the reason you still take your hard copy is because you dont have an E-bible.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by jidejendor: 7:31am On Mar 27, 2012
Is not a sin
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by rman: 7:35am On Mar 27, 2012
All I can say is the Atheist now have point.
We all have proved with this post that religion is evolving.

Who knows what we are going to argue about in 30yrs years time.
The more people become exposed to better education and technology the more logical reasoning will put to rest some of the religous myths.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by stepo707: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2012
Do we even know what sin is? How can anyone thing using phone as Bible is a sin.SMH
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by jidewin(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Danigmatic: correction,,those in †ђξ media re hard copies while †ђξ printed papers re soft copies,,†ђξ media materials re termed hard copies becus it can hardly be destroyed,missing Ãήϑ stands time..
Wow.really?.I have all along been thinking Printed materials are hardcopies while those on removeable media are softcopies. thanks for helping out.I appreciate.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
jidewin:
Wow.really?.I have all along been thinking Printed materials are hardcopies while those on removeable media are softcopies. thanks for helping out.I appreciate.
So on what basis do you now believe on the meaning of hardcopy and softcopy? That you saw something on the internet does not mean its true.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by JohnnieZM(m): 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
1. Really? Lazy? So what will portray you as serious and hardworking? A tattered, survived-the-first-world-war bible?
_
2. So we want to get acquainted with the pages and not the message? Wow! I never knew.
_
3. Would you stop that already! You christians've been shouting of this end time for 2k+ years now. Believe me, it gets old. And where in revelations does it say, after the dancing dragons and the fires and the horses and the tattoos, that an ebible is among the signs of the beast?
_
4. YES! Absolutely! My professor demands it. He says, and I quote "No archaic textbooks in my class. My classroom shall be paper-free."

I am going to answer with the word of God.....(unless you are an unbeliever)

1 Cor. 10:23 - Everything is permissible— but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible— but not everything is constructive. (NIV)

1 Cor. 10:23 - All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. (KJV)

My guy you are free to use whatever bible you like but ask yourself are you going to show them that you have the latest IPAD or mobile device? Christianity is being turned to a something else.....we are getting too familiar with God. Have you ever seen an Imam using a mobile quaran in the mosque? Besides I have more 4 good bibles and non of them looks war-torn, they are new looking, if any is not looking presentable I simply buy another!

Very soon we'll start bringing GUNS into the church. Not all things are helpful... QUOTE ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God help us.

But don't quote me wrong....USING YOUR PHONE BIBLE IN THE CHURCH IS NOT SIN! Only it is not advisable from my standpoint....see my comments in page one https://www.nairaland.com/899893/using-phone-as-bible-sunday/1#10464766[url][/url].

Cheers.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by SisiKill1: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

I am going to answer with the word of God.....(unless you are an unbeliever)

1 Cor. 10:23 - Everything is permissible— but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible— but not everything is constructive. (NIV)

1 Cor. 10:23 - All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. (KJV)

My guy you are free to use whatever bible you like but ask yourself are you going to show them that you have the latest IPAD or mobile device? Christianity is being turned to a something else.....we are getting too familiar with God. Have you ever seen an Imam using a mobile quaran in the mosque? Besides I have more 4 good bibles and non of them looks war-torn, they are new looking, if any is not looking presentable I simply buy another!

Very soon we'll start bringing GUNS into the church. Not all things are helpful... QUOTE ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God help us.

But don't quote me wrong....USING YOUR PHONE BIBLE IN THE CHURCH IS NOT SIN! Only it is not advisable from my standpoint....see my comments in page one https://www.nairaland.com/899893/using-phone-as-bible-sunday/1#10464766[url][/url].

Cheers.

I find it truly amusing that the same church members who throw themselves to the floor praising God for their churches acquiring private jets, airlines and building the biggest auditoriums because it shows how financially blessed their church is, are the same people claiming the moral ground on this phone usage. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You know I could easily rephrase the part of your post your in bold in response to people who are defending the Churches and their private jet acquiring mission.

My guy you are free to defend your pastors for owning airlines but ask yourself are they doing it to to show others that they have money to buy Jets? Christianity is being turned to a something else.....we are getting too familiar with God. Have you ever seen an Imam owning Jets, Limousines, Hummers? What happened to the good old fashion Toyota Camrys, Honda Civic and flying commercial??

Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Okay, jokes aside. . .You people forget that it is not everyone who sees these gadgets as status symbols. For some of us they are just that....Gadgets. Gadgets that make things easier and convenient. . .I'm in church in Timbuktu, I take notes and highlight Bible verses on my phone and immediately send it to somebody in Kotangora, who can send it to someone else. . .before you know it, someone in the far flung city of Melbourne has gotten the same message. . .all while I am still in Church, if that doesn't epitomize spreading the gospel, I don't know what does (Now, Now, no need for ovation, I'm just doing my part to spread the Lord's work cheesy )

I say, instead of debating on whether or not using phone as bible is a sin, I think the real topic should be why we are so materialistic. Why do we look to stupid things like phones, ipad etc as the measure of a person's status. . .now THAT, my friend is the real issue here.

The problem is not with those things. . .they are after all mere objects, the problem is with us because we have allowed these mere objects to warp the way we see life.

It is not advisable from your standpoint for YOU because you probably know your motives for using them is for karimi sake. . .you forgot to add the last part.

Live and Let's Live.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Jessechinex: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
If tech nd development is a sin den lets go back 2 scroll
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by JohnnieZM(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I find it truly amusing that the same church members who throw themselves to the floor praising God for their churches acquiring private jets, airlines and building the biggest auditoriums because it shows how financially blessed their church is, are the same people claiming the moral ground on this phone usage. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You know I could easily rephrase the part of your post your in bold in response to people who are defending the Churches and their private jet acquiring mission.

My guy you are free to defend your pastors for owning airlines but ask yourself are they doing it to to show others that they have money to buy Jets? Christianity is being turned to a something else.....we are getting too familiar with God. Have you ever seen an Imam owning Jets, Limousines, Hummers? What happened to the good old fashion Toyota Camrys, Honda Civic and flying commercial??

Lmao!!! cheesy cheesy

Okay, jokes aside. . .You people forget that it is not everyone who sees these gadgets as status symbols. For some of us they are just that....Gadgets. Gadgets that make things easier and convenient. . .I'm in church in Timbuktu, I take notes and highlight Bible verses on my phone and immediately send it to somebody in Kotangora, who can send it to someone else. . .before you know it, someone in the far flung city of Melbourne has gotten the same message. . .all while I am still in Church, if that doesn't epitomize spreading the gospel, I don't know what does (Now, Now, no need for ovation, I'm just doing my part to spread the Lord's work cheesy )

I say, instead of debating on whether or not using phone as bible is a sin, I think the real topic should be why we are so materialistic. Why do we look to stupid things like phones, ipad etc as the measure of a person's status. . .now THAT, my friend is the real issue here.

The problem is not with those things. . .they are after all mere objects, the problem is with us because we have allowed these mere objects to warp the way we see life.

It is not advisable from your standpoint for YOU because you probably know your motives for using them is for karimi sake. . .you forgot to add the last part.

Live and Let's Live.

Sisi Eko you have spoken your mind.....but the issue is how would you be distracted during service sending bible quote to someone? Tell me. You can only be in one place at a time. Time to unplug your gadget and let God speak to you, I use my gizmos in my private time and I enjoy it then but not in church! My pastor doesn't own a private jet and does not flaunt his possessions......and thanks for finishing my thoughts some use these gadget in church to show off! I don't even enjoy reading e-books...I always print them out. So leave matter for Mathias!
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by SisiKill1: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
Johnnie ZM:

Sisi Eko you have spoken your mind.....but the issue is how would you be distracted during service sending bible quote to someone? Tell me. You can only be in one place at a time. Time to unplug your gadget and let God speak to you, I use my gizmos in my private time and I enjoy it then but not in church! My pastor doesn't own a private jet and does not flaunt his possessions......and thanks for finishing my thoughts some use these gadget in church to show off! I don't even enjoy reading e-books...I always print them out. So leave matter for Mathias!

It's KILL oh. . .KILL. I don't joke with my KILLS abeg!! angry tongue

Dude, it takes me but two seconds to send what I wanna send and it is usally because something compels me to do so in that moment. I don't wanna get all spiritually rahrahrah on you but I feel there is a reason why I needed to send that particular message to that particular someone at that particular time.

Again, not everyone is easily distracted, not everyone sees these gadgets as status symbols, not everyone is moved by outward appearances, that you carry 4 freshly minted Bibles and scores of papers for bible study does not mean you are more spiritual than anyone else. People find their own ways to do things because it is convenient for them, as long as they are not hurting anyone in the process. . .let them be, I say!!!!

Live and Let's Live...Dude, Live and Let's Live!!!!

Gosh there are soooo many other, more interesting things we could be debating than this. For instance, did you read the report on a study that said Born Agains are more likely to suffer Hippocampal Atrophy? Now that is a topic I would love to sink my teeth into. There's gotta be some truth to it, yes? I mean you can clearly see the evidence on this thread.

What say you and I get that topic going? wink

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by JohnnieZM(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

It's KILL oh. . .KILL. I don't joke with my KILLS abeg!! angry tongue

Dude, it takes me but two seconds to send what I wanna send and it is usally because something compels me to do so in that moment. I don't wanna get all spiritually rahrahrah on you but I feel there is a reason why I needed to send that particular message to that particular someone at that particular time.

Again, not everyone is easily distracted, not everyone sees these gadgets as status symbols, not everyone is moved by outward appearances, that you carry 4 freshly minted Bibles and scores of papers for bible study does not mean you are more spiritual than anyone else. People find their own ways to do things because it is convenient for them, as long as they are not hurting anyone in the process. . .let them be, I say!!!!

Live and Let's Live...Dude, Live and Let's Live!!!!

Gosh there are soooo many other, more interesting things we could be debating than this. For instance, did you read the report on a study that said Born Agains are more likely to suffer Hippocampal Atrophy? Now that is a topic I would love to sink my teeth into. There's gotta be some truth to it, yes? I mean you can clearly see the evidence on this thread.

What say you and I get that topic going? wink

Go ahead SISI EKO (Taunting you) grin

Anyway I was just expressing how I feel, I'm not impossing anything on anybody....I think I am entitle to my opinion.

Sisi....waiting for you new topic. Post away!
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Calebsy07: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
For someone to say using a soft copy of bible in a phone is a sin, is a sure sign that,that kind of a person is yet to embrace the world of ict, and he or she is still living in 19th century. What is the difference between hard copy and soft copy? Is just the weight and that is inmaterial.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by nwanioma(f): 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
I do not think it is a sin to use an e-bible in church, however in our present society where over 80% of the church would be with their hard copy bibles flipping through a phone or a tablet in church can be a tad distracting to others. I think that's where it becomes wrong distracting others is a sin! so you choose!
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Ochek: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
Seriously? common guys! in the days of the old, we had scrolls where bible passages were handed down to us from. i bet ppl probably asked same questions when paper bibles start cominig into use. Look, God don't give a care from what quality of bible you use as long as there are His own word. I tell you what, I love to compare the different bibles to see how sentences are been handled or paraphrased. This is in search of meanings I find hard to draw from other bibles. if ma ipad or phone is gonna have over 12 bibles in it for this purpose then why not? Ma opinion? Not a SIN.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 28, 2012
I'm confused: WHICH IS MORE SINFUL? USING BLACKBERRY'S E-BIBLE, USING THE IPHONE'S E-BIBLE, USING THE GALAXY S2'S E-BIBLE, USING THE PLAYBOOK'S E-BIBLE, USING THE IPAD'S E-BIBLE, OR USING THE GALAXY TAB'S E-BIBLE?
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Image123(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
^^Using 'trium' should be more sinful and vile, an unacceptable abominable action in very deed.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
^ hahahahahahahahalooooool!
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by jidewin(m): 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
Image123:
So on what basis do you now believe on the meaning of hardcopy and softcopy? That you saw something on the internet does not mean its true.
My broda,sometimes when one knowns where one stands,and a different opinion is posed at you,sometimes,you just smile and say 'oh is that sothanks'.
Anyway I get both hard and softcopies. hope u have urs too sha.enjoy ur day.
Re: Is Using Your Phone As Bible On Sunday Service A Sin? by jidewin(m): 7:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Image123:
My broda,sometimes when one knowns where one stands,and a different opinion is posed at you,sometimes,you just smile and say 'oh is that sothanks'.Rather than going into arguement (wey no fetch me moni).
Anyway I get both hard and softcopies. hope u have urs too sha.enjoy ur day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Christmas: Father Mbaka Gives Rice To Orphans, Crippled & Widows (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.