Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (16890 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Lobolintin(m): 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
[quote author=Laila Ikeji]I loooove fashola!!

every day I imagine him as the president of Nigeria!!

That guy is sooooo sound!!

of course hes not perfect but my dear, that guy has transformed lagos as donald duke transformed calabar!!

(wont mind being his 100th wife if dats possible. lol grin)
laila,we went to pentagon tutorial 2geda,remenber.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Lobolintin(m): 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

Please, what part of Lagos has he transformed because the last time I passed through places like Isolo, Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Amukoko etc I did not see the transformation or are those places not part of Lagos
guy,u be idiot,was USA built in a day.transformatn is spreading,aboki plz go to top townz in lag,d placez u mentind are fukng rural setlement of historic feature,grow up.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

So this is enough to make him your president right I wonder how Nigerians can be so intrigued by little things as this.

Little things become big thing when it is uncommon.

Learn to appreciate little things ode.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Lobolintin(m): 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.
guy wetin hapen nah,u dey vex,u b pastor or what,boko kil ur person,or muslim babe cheat on u.,why would u say such....any how cha..i kinda suport u and opose....rum debate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Lobolintin(m): 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Who exactly determines which structure should be where? Why do you say it's not supposed to be there?
Are you a construction worker? An architect? An engineer?
aboki,u go skul at al...d profesions u mention,aint d guys in charge of such...its d urban planners... U sure an aboki,ediot.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Marlboro1: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
Allahu Akhbar.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by debedebe(m): 11:09pm On Mar 26, 2012
GboyegaD:

Please, what part of Lagos has he transformed because the last time I passed through places like Isolo, Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Amukoko etc I did not see the transformation or are those places not part of Lagos
bad belle,where you pass reach all those place u mention,out of 52 LCDA, U only nentioned 4.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by teskyg: 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2012
I dey vex jare.I have some close families senceless hacked to that by this people for no reason.Women and children.I have withness those killings in the North and its a heart breaking.Some posters have not witness these crisis and may not feel the pain.They don't know.they read papers and sit in the comfort of their homes to respond to our reactions.many lives and business have been destroyed and people rendered helpless.They are people who watched what they have laboured for years destroyed.Most of us have failed to realised that we are practising theser religions by our birth and our parents.I was born in Saudi Arabia,I would have been a muslims,in India,would have been a Hindu e.t.c.I just don't understand the hatred against one another.We aLl should be apostle of peace and until we realised that our common enemies are the politicians and not our faiths.The blood letting is too much.we need to really imbided the spirit of true love.We can't move forward in these fashions.If only we know how our politicians put religion aside and share our nation cake,we would then realised how we have been used.We should stand up to say enough is enough.We enjoined our brothers to sheat their swords let's move forward.My apology to my muslims brothers who feel offended by my initial outburst.I lost some close relatives in the carnage.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by ycc(m): 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
if churches arround d place is destroyed too. i agree with u guys. but if not it is injustice. what he did may even make 2 bomb d place. so think twice b4 u commends
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
ycc: if churches arround d place is destroyed too. i agree with u guys. but if not it is injustice. what he did may even make 2 bomb d place. so think twice b4 u commends
You are a hypocrite! He started with churches some weeks ago, though, they are of no threat like the mosque. Please, steer clear from sentiment because it won't help matters.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by MeAboki(m): 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Very senseless myopic move. sad
Since when did BH start attacking mosques and why would they attack any mosque for that matter, given that they BH are Muslims? Besides,in Islam mosque demolition is tantamount to sacrilege. There is no logic to it whatsoever.
I am suspecting that there must other reason(s)than they are ready to admit and that security was a poor excuse to cover up for the real motive for the demolition.
If the Governor was truly worried about security; then by the same logic he should demolish all the churches in Lagos because BH also attack churches and each one of them is therefore a potential target. angry angry
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
ycc: if churches arround d place is destroyed too. i agree with u guys. but if not it is injustice. what he did may even make 2 bomb d place. so think twice b4 u commends
So now we have to check by the terrorists to see if we have the right to do anything in this country.
I guess you don't really understand what is going on: we are getting ready to fight terrorism if our minority muslim population wants to become terrorists. If you think we are going to respect your feelings then you are wrong, we prefer saving lives than respecting your feelings. This is Lagos my friend, this is not some little village, so beware!!!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
Me_Aboki: Very senseless myopic move. sad
Since when did BH start attacking mosques and why would they attack any mosque for that matter, given that they BH are Muslims? Besides,in Islam mosque demolition is tantamount to sacrilege. There is no logic to it whatsoever.
I am suspecting that there must other reason(s)than they are ready to admit and that security was a poor excuse to cover up for the real motive for the demolition.
If the Governor was truly worried about security; then by the same logic he should demolish all the churches in Lagos because BH also attack churches and each one of them is therefore a potential target. angry angry
Attack mosque you asked? You have forgotten about Delta state incidences so soon. This is information coming from SSS. So, prevention through any means possible should be explored than fold hands because mosques are involved in the demolition they should take the risk of imminent attacks.

Zap mosques! If they constitute potential threats to the city they should be destroyed.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by NEROSKY(m): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
kayci_d77: Pls Dont blame them, Menh I ran like Ben Johnson today When an Hausa man with goatee approach me with a bag. I decided to observe safety first now that BOKO Boys no get identity grin grin grin
laff wan kill me o!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
Me_Aboki: Very senseless myopic move. sad
No he demolished the mosques because BH takes refuge in mosques and recruits in mosques, the day christian terrorists start recruiting in churches and taking refuge in them, I bet he will also demolish churches.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by NEROSKY(m): 11:40pm On Mar 26, 2012
kayci_d77: Pls Dont blame them, Menh I ran like Ben Johnson today When an Hausa man with goatee approach me with a bag. I decided to observe safety first now that BOKO Boys no get identity grin grin grin
laff wan kill me o! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Dainfamous: 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2012
One_Naira: I'm not even muslim and I know this is not a good act and unfair.

WTF is wrong with Nigerians? I'm literally shocked at the number of people saying this is Good.

In order to stop Boko Haram, una are destroying another man's place of worship and telling them to stop their religious worship. WTF? Even I know this is wrong and I do not even like the religion.

Mscheww!!! Let him demolish 5 churches, this way we all know he's being fair since Boko Haram attacks churches as well.

BTW: How would this stop Boko Haram, if anything, it will irritate them.
And how many mosques have you heard that boko haram have ever bombed?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 27, 2012
oche55: Hmmmm, u guys are not doing any just analysis to Boko haram at but rather making silly judgment based on sentiment.
Do you guys understand conspiracy at all? All this BH sheet are political calculation by propagandist and media. If u use U̶̲̥̅̊ r head you will see. Use U̶̲̥̅̊ r head.
I guess you would be a bokoram lover !!!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by 190: 12:59am On Mar 27, 2012
Dey shud destroy central mosque in abuja too tongue
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by bright007(f): 1:29am On Mar 27, 2012
Security-wise,every muslim is å potential boko haram member.So demolishing mosques in dat place is å measure to check any potential attack.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by queensmith: 1:30am On Mar 27, 2012
This is a brilliant move, one cannot be sensitive in matters of national security. You move swiftly and decisively, you cannot tiptoe around religion or anything else for that matter. Does america think twice before bombing islamic nations? No they do what they need to and feed you lies after.

If london took sensible actions like this the pants bomber will never have happened and our international relations wont be soo damaged, we have a bad enough rep as it is. And people are still being radicalised in the universities of london!!

To those who do not understand, mosques are often used to breed and harbour terrorists, its used as a front to conduct illegal activities and raise money for terrorist organisations. There is nothing wrong with demolishing such a place once its discovered. You need to put sentiments aside and reason logically from time to time. Esp in a country like nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by nduchucks: 3:29am On Mar 27, 2012
This is an egregious, shameful and dishonourable act by Fashola. No place of worship, whether Mosque or Church should be demolished because of some recommendation by an incompetent SSS. I'm ashamed of Fashola. Is the act even legal?

This is the same man you'll find in Dubai along with Tinubu and others during Ramadan looking like devout Moslems. olodo
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by crackhouse(m): 7:58am On Mar 27, 2012
hehehehe, nice joke indeed.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Abdul315(m): 8:15am On Mar 27, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
if all u kfirs knew beta u wld do beta
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
wtf?

How does this make sense for Christ sake? Why take the easy way out? Why not try to increase efficient security?

Logic: I'll demolish my neighbor's house to prevent the possibility of house robbery.

Fashola is getting slower by the day. Where is Eko-Ile to explain this? (PS, no abuse o, I just want to know why Fashola is thinking more like Okorocha, slow and incompetent nowadays)

tell me what makes Okorocha incompetent e be like say uno dey shame o? How u go dey yan dis kind nonsense? Fashola's step may not be the best, agreed but keep Okorocha out of this! angry
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by kinstinct(m): 8:25am On Mar 27, 2012
Islamophobia in the air

Bottom line is should these structures be there in the first place? I cannot remember BH attacks around the vicinity of any mosque.
The way it i going, it looks like we have to eliminate all Muslims to feel safe... impossible.

All BH may claim to be Muslims, but not all Muslims are BH.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by realwale: 8:27am On Mar 27, 2012
chuks49: 9ice 1, there is a correlation between the number of mosque in an area and the level of violence.

U are big fool with dat ur stupid analysis,it shows how narrow minded you are.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by realwale: 8:32am On Mar 27, 2012
queensmith: This is a brilliant move, one cannot be sensitive in matters of national security. You move swiftly and decisively, you cannot tiptoe around religion or anything else for that matter. Does america think twice before bombing islamic nations? No they do what they need to and feed you lies after.

If london took sensible actions like this the pants bomber will never have happened and our international relations wont be soo damaged, we have a bad enough rep as it is. And people are still being radicalised in the universities of london!!

To those who do not understand, mosques are often used to breed and harbour terrorists, its used as a front to conduct illegal activities and raise money for terrorist organisations. There is nothing wrong with demolishing such a place once its discovered. You need to put sentiments aside and reason logically from time to time. Esp in a country like nigeria.

my dear,ur reasoning is nt logical but i am not surprised because u dont have a logical brain to reason with.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by antartica(m): 8:40am On Mar 27, 2012
This might speed up the bokos hitting of lagos.I can fuming IN BLOOD that a place dedicated for allah has been taken down by mere motal,fashola.I hope fashola is trully prepared to ward them off,security wise?

With the porous security in nigeria,those beasts can hit anywhere.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by kinstinct(m): 8:46am On Mar 27, 2012
teskyg: I dey vex jare.I have some close families senceless hacked to that by this people for no reason.Women and children.I have withness those killings in the North and its a heart breaking.Some posters have not witness these crisis and may not feel the pain.They don't know.they read papers and sit in the comfort of their homes to respond to our reactions.many lives and business have been destroyed and people rendered helpless.They are people who watched what they have laboured for years destroyed.Most of us have failed to realised that we are practising theser religions by our birth and our parents.I was born in Saudi Arabia,I would have been a muslims,in India,would have been a Hindu e.t.c.I just don't understand the hatred against one another.We aLl should be apostle of peace and until we realised that our common enemies are the politicians and not our faiths.The blood letting is too much.we need to really imbided the spirit of true love.We can't move forward in these fashions.If only we know how our politicians put religion aside and share our nation cake,we would then realised how we have been used.We should stand up to say enough is enough.We enjoined our brothers to sheat their swords let's move forward.My apology to my muslims brothers who feel offended by my initial outburst.I lost some close relatives in the carnage.

Religion Happens to be a tool for soliciting sympathy and attention. It is also about the only avenue that gives people of the same ideology the exclusive avenue to share information and sentiments. the real issue is not our various faiths. How come we are fighting other minor religions, cult groups etc.

It pains me when i observe majority of us in Nigeria cloud ourselves with too may sentiments which prevents us from thinking right.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by antartica(m): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2012
Religion is trully an opium of the masses,it takes away the hopelessness of irrationality and sheer laziness.When people can't reason and make ways in their lives,they resort to delusional power,expecting miracles to happen.Miracles that their brains,their hands and even their legs can make manifest,all they need to do is use them
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Everfrank(m): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2012
Why do Seun allow idiots on Nairaland? The said mosques were demolished purely for town planning purposes. These are mini mosques that were built without approval. In the same vein giant churches have been sealed by the same Lagos state govt. Why do they seal them? I know but won't make mischief about it. Cos I respect christanity and my closest associates today are christians- not idiots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Nations Mentioned In The Holy Bible / Why A Christian Should Not Settle For Sexual Lust / Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.