Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (16885 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Patriot2:
To all the good muslims who mean no harm to anybody, I am so sorry things are happening this way, I want to tell you people I love and respect you, but the terrorists are giving you people a bad name. In these times it is quite difficult for a non muslim to know who is a terrorist and who is a good man who just happens to be a muslim.
Your women are the kindest I have ever found. I know a few who left the faith: some arab women. They are beautiful inside and outside. Such beautiful minds. The terrorists are causing problems between us and we have to fight them together.
The bold undermines your previous "sympathy" for the muslims. You seem to underscore by the bold that Islam is inherently bad, and its a shocker that good people enters it. There are good people in idol worshiping and definitely Islam is far from it. Rather the best of the monotheistic religion is Islam, because it is radically monotheistic; just like each prophet [as] as they were radical in their view[s] to the people of their communities in their times. No prophet was compromising, but shunned disbelief, instead.
Those who abandoned "good' because it is wrapped with unattractive covering and or because there are rough people [boko haraam] on the way leading to it shall have to answer to their Lord for walking away from the truth, instead of migrating away from where they think the good is frowned upon.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by greall1: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH YOU 80% AWORI ARE MUSLIM
patriot2:
That is not true, 80% of them are christians.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
I am zulu
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by gegee(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2012
religion of piss. that's why there place of worship is a security threat tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by thehomer: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
A good step but why should there be mosques in the secretariat?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Lillips: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2012
teskyg: Infact,there is one mosque around my house that blared their speaker every morning disturbing the neigbourhood with suspicious terrorist looking worshipers.Pls,Fashola come and do Justice to the Mosque cos they may be manufacturing bomb and pilling RPG and IED there.I suggest all Mosque should be relocated to the forest where they can co inhabits with the Amimals that they originally are.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Patriot2: The bold undermines your previous "sympathy" for the muslims. You seem to underscore by the bold that Islam is inherently bad, and its a shocker that good people enters it. There are good people in idol worshiping and definitely Islam is far from it. Rather the best of the monotheistic religion is Islam, because it is radically monotheistic; just like each prophet [as] as they were radical in their view[s] to the people of their communities in their times. No prophet was compromising, but shunned disbelief, instead.
Those who abandoned "good' because it is wrapped with unattractive covering and or because there are rough people [boko haraam] on the way leading to it shall have to answer to their Lord for walking away from the truth, instead of migrating away from where they think the good is frowned upon.
First of all I think people who are mature enough and well in their body and sound would not chose islam nor would they chose christianity.
They would rather chose a religion like Buddhism, because it is very non violent and self satisfying.
Most muslims were forced into islam by their parents right from when they could understand the speaken language.
Some other muslims joined while in prison or while suicidal etc...
Judging by the croud islam attracts I have to say that islam is messed up.
Although I know there are countless good people in it.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
I have to say arab women are pretty, and the ones who just left islam are the best. I love one of them, she is a beauty inside and outside. I think islam is a good religion as far as you don't use it to kill and you live it while you are young.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by vanstanzy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: How a muslim ordered the destruction of a mosque is beyond me, when he is even forbidden to destroy churches. Definitely, churches are less important to him than mosques are.
The messenger of Allah, Muhammad [as] at the battle of Badr told the people guarding him to leave because Allah has promised to protect him. And Allah [swt] is the best of Protectors.
After 911, the muslim communities in USA, specifically in New York City told the authorities that Allah is our Protector, not needing additional 'protector[s]'.

Fear of man is sign of lack of true faith. When a muslim leader is destroying Islamic places of worship because he fears harms from misguided group[s], instead of supplicating to God for protection, no wonder the state of religion is the way it is in the west; ignorance leading people to seek faith in the wrong quarters, thinking that they will be successful there. They fail to observe that poverty and test abounds in all religions and success on earth is not based on being in the correct religion and shall not matter on the Day of Assembly, where the nation of religion you belong to and your faith and deeds shall be the elements that matter to your Judge; God Almighty Allah.

@Sweetnecta
How a muslim ordered the destruction of a mosque is beyond me, when he is even forbidden to destroy churches. Definitely, churches are less important to him than mosques are.
Whats wrong in a muslim ordering the destruction of a Mosque if its a security threat? Mind u, Fashola is the Chief security officer of Lagos State and not of Islam, Christianity or any other religion. If after all the tip-offs he's been getting on possible attacks, he allows the Mosques to stand and finally there is a terrorist attack, we all would blame him and call him incompetent, not so?
FYI, Churches cant be destroyed, why? They dont store bombs and other weapons for terrorism acts in 'em, SIMPLE.
When a muslim leader is destroying Islamic places of worship because he fears harms from misguided group[s], instead of supplicating to God for protection, no wonder the state of religion is the way it is in the west; ignorance leading people to seek faith in the wrong quarters, thinking that they will be successful there.
Sweetnecta, what on earth do u mean here? Heaven will only help u if u help urself. So we all should sit back and be blasted to "shmiderings" when God himself has helped us with informations that'll be vital to our safety. ARE U IMPLYING WE SHOULD BE REACTIVE INSTEAD? SMH
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Patriot2;
greall1: I AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE WITH YOU 80% AWORI ARE MUSLIM

You are wrong 80% of Lagosians are christians and most of the rest are African religionists.
considering that your answer is the bold to the declaration that authentic lagosians [not the awon atowun rewa] are mostly muslims, it at least tell me that you know nothing about the lagosians. maybe you are pulling your own leg, thinking that we will not notice your error.

Sweetnecta: @Patriot2: The bold undermines your previous "sympathy" for the muslims. You seem to underscore by the bold that Islam is inherently bad, and its a shocker that good people enters it. There are good people in idol worshiping and definitely Islam is far from it. Rather the best of the monotheistic religion is Islam, because it is radically monotheistic; just like each prophet [as] as they were radical in their view[s] to the people of their communities in their times. No prophet was compromising, but shunned disbelief, instead.

i think "idol worshippers" deserve more respect than muslims, because I have never heard of terrorists among them.
You want people to respect muslims yet you keep insulting "idol worshippers"!
No wonder I said the above, considering what you stated in the bold. Is terrorism the only evil on earth? How about abduction, etc?

Let me ask you one question: what is kaaba if not an idol, and what is "noble" coran if not an other idol.
What is a mosque if not an idol ?
Kaaba is an empty building; serving only as a Quiblah, direction. Maybe you will tell us how it is an idol?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
[quote author=teskyg]I dey vex jare.I have some close families senceless hacked to that by this people for no reason.Women and children.I have withness those killings in the North and its a heart breaking.Some posters have not witness these crisis and may not feel the pain.They don't know.they read papers and sit in the comfort of their homes to respond to our reactions.many lives and business have been destroyed and people rendered helpless.They are people who watched what they have laboured for years des

Apology accepted. Like you already know, there are some bad eggs among muslims. I will never kill a fellow being in the name of religion. Islam teaches peace, but they teaches violence. May Almighty Allah punish them in this world and the hereafter (Ameeeen).
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Vanstanzy:
@Sweetnecta
How a muslim ordered the destruction of a mosque is beyond me, when he is even forbidden to destroy churches. Definitely, churches are less important to him than mosques are.
Whats wrong in a muslim ordering the destruction of a Mosque if its a security threat? Mind u, Fashola is the Chief security officer of Lagos State and not of Islam, Christianity or any other religion. If after all the tip-offs he's been getting on possible attacks, he allows the Mosques to stand and finally there is a terrorist attack, we all would blame him and call him incompetent, not so?
You will call him incompetent, but i won't. Security are of 2 parts; preparation of man and collective awareness of the community [and truly relying on God but not destroying the Houses of God because you are afraid of man]. Imagine if the masajid were in office complexes. Will Fashola raze 5 skyscrapers because of 5 simple floors? What is the use of security details; the police, the Intelligence apparatus? Is destruction of buildings the solution here and the Nigerian government have masajid standing in Abuja and other places? 5 masajid today. How many tomorrow? Better, when the muslims are not the focus, how many churches or other buildings will be destroyed? America has not destroyed a masjid, yet. No governor has advocated that in a country where muslims are minority and epicenter of the worst national desaster in recent memory. Yet the Governor of Lagos state, most of his yoruba indigents are muslims. Ogun state next door is mostly muslims has the gut to destroy mosques. What does he say to his Lord about this act?

FYI, Churches cant be destroyed, why? They dont store bombs and other weapons for terrorism acts in 'em, SIMPLE.
WHich mosque in Lagos has housed a single bomb? Please give us the address, or is atrocity committed in far away north an immediate reason to destroy mosques all over the places? So it is now permissible that if a man misbehaves in London, all men in New York should be viewed from the very prism of the action of the londoner? It is irrational. Yet masjid belongs to Allah; you make salaat, read Quran and supplicate/remember Allah in it. It is also a community center. When you destroy it, the effect is more than destroying your own house; it affects every muslim.

When a muslim leader is destroying Islamic places of worship because he fears harms from misguided group[s], instead of supplicating to God for protection, no wonder the state of religion is the way it is in the west; ignorance leading people to seek faith in the wrong quarters, thinking that they will be successful there.
Sweetnecta, what on earth do u mean here? Heaven will only help u if u help urself. So we all should sit back and be blasted to "shmiderings" when God himself has helped us with informations that'll be vital to our safety. ARE U IMPLYING WE SHOULD BE REACTIVE INSTEAD? SMH
[quote][/quote]Everyone of us will die. God has ordained it so. So while God helps to preserve you, you should preserve the House of God for those who worship Him in it. It is not even permissible for muslim to destroy churches. Then is a mosque not also important to a muslim more than church is to him? Did you hear the British government destroying catholic churches during the IRA bombing spree? Well?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
[I am zulu
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Vanstanzy: You will call him incompetent, but i won't. Security are of 2 parts; preparation of man and collective awareness of the community [and truly relying on God but not destroying the Houses of God because you are afraid of man]. Imagine if the masajid were in office complexes. Will Fashola raze 5 skyscrapers because of 5 simple floors? What is the use of security details; the police, the Intelligence apparatus? Is destruction of buildings the solution here and the Nigerian government have masajid standing in Abuja and other places? 5 masajid today. How many tomorrow? Better, when the muslims are not the focus, how many churches or other buildings will be destroyed? America has not destroyed a masjid, yet. No governor has advocated that in a country where muslims are minority and epicenter of the worst national desaster in recent memory. Yet the Governor of Lagos state, most of his yoruba indigents are muslims. Ogun state next door is mostly muslims has the gut to destroy mosques. What does he say to his Lord about this act?

WHich mosque in Lagos has housed a single bomb? Please give us the address, or is atrocity committed in far away north an immediate reason to destroy mosques all over the places? So it is now permissible that if a man misbehaves in London, all men in New York should be viewed from the very prism of the action of the londoner? It is irrational. Yet masjid belongs to Allah; you make salaat, read Quran and supplicate/remember Allah in it. It is also a community center. When you destroy it, the effect is more than destroying your own house; it affects every muslim.

Everyone of us will die. God has ordained it so. So while God helps to preserve you, you should preserve the House of God for those who worship Him in it. It is not even permissible for muslim to destroy churches. Then is a mosque not also important to a muslim more than church is to him? Did you hear the British government destroying catholic churches during the IRA bombing spree? Well?
Do you understand the meaning of "proactive" ?
Fashola did not harm anybody, if you are such a mosque junky then feel free to go north or just to another mosque.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
^My opinion bites you. It is a pity that the muslims in Lagos have not protested against their muslim governor's action, against Islam in this case.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^My opinion bites you. It is a pity that the muslims in Lagos have not protested against their muslim governor's action, against Islam in this case.
Look if haussa-fulanis are not happy then they are free to go back to the north, the only protest we would consider would be that of Yoruba muslims or not. This is Yorubaland, if we want mosques then we build some, if we don't then we take some down, all this without killing anybody. Why don't you protest for your governor in Kano to destroy some churches in Kano ?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^My opinion bites you. It is a pity that the muslims in Lagos have not protested against their muslim governor's action, against Islam in this case.
When we go north we have to respect your rules yet you still want us to respect your rules on our own land ?
Look if you are uncomfortable with non muslim people who do not want mosques too close to them, then go to the north, we are not holding you.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by wiseman2011(m): 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2012
that is own opinion o
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
Patriot2 thinks those of us from the south are not muslims. You are wrong.
I am a yoruba man. There are no strong yoruba blood on earth than what flows in my veins.
My wife is from the eastern part of Nigeria and she is a muslim woman.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: Patriot2 thinks those of us from the south are not muslims. You are wrong.
I am a yoruba man. There are no strong yoruba blood on earth than what flows in my veins.
My wife is from the eastern part of Nigeria and she is a muslim woman.

I didn't say we didn't have muslims, I just said they were a little minority and in no case fanatics.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Patriot2: I meant to say stronger; In essence there is no yoruba alive who is more of an authentic yoruba than my yorubaness. Yet, I am 100% muslim. It is Islam in me that makes me well. Otherwise people may think I am Yoruba, as the igbo people have been saying here. Or Yoruba, as I read them. What do the Hausas call us the yoruba people, because I have not read it? Are the tiv, idoma, ishekiri, etc silent about calling yoruba names?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Patriot2: I meant to say stronger; In essence there is no yoruba alive who is more of an authentic yoruba than my yorubaness. Yet, I am 100% muslim. It is Islam in me that makes me well. Otherwise people may think I am Yoruba, as the igbo people have been saying here. Or Yoruba, as I read them. What do the Hausas call us the yoruba people, because I have not read it? Are the tiv, idoma, ishekiri, etc silent about calling yoruba names?
I already know about the igbo, but I think the haussa fulani are worse.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2012
none of the names offends me. my skin is like that of the elephant. even as you insult the muslims, mr. patrit2, the messenger [as] was insulted to his face and he did not flinch in his mission. again, islam is more important to me than yoruba, a tribe that i love passionately. so when the unifying building [masjid] is razed to the ground by a muslim, anywhere i feel sad. if its a non muslim that demolishes it, i will not less or more sad. we yoruba muslims love islam with all our heart and our individual soul yearns for its beauty, the reason we are in reverence to God, even in the face of attacks from people like you, denying me in my own place just because my religion is different from yours. oga.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: none of the names offends me. my skin is like that of the elephant. even as you insult the muslims, mr. patrit2, the messenger [as] was insulted to his face and he did not flinch in his mission. again, islam is more important to me than yoruba, a tribe that i love passionately. so when the unifying building [masjid] is razed to the ground by a muslim, anywhere i feel sad. if its a non muslim that demolishes it, i will not less or more sad. we yoruba muslims love islam with all our heart and our individual soul yearns for its beauty, the reason we are in reverence to God, even in the face of attacks from people like you, denying me in my own place just because my religion is different from yours. oga.
What would you do if you had the choice between saving the Yoruba people and saving a coran ?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2012
Quran is recitation. Its in the heart, not just mere "Book". Any human being is worth saving, while papyrus can be reconstituted. I am not a tribalist; I am an authentic humanist in way of Islam.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: Quran is recitation. Its in the heart, not just mere "Book". Any human being is worth saving, while papyrus can be reconstituted. I am not a tribalist; I am an authentic humanist in way of Islam.
I respect your version of islam, but I know some other versions mainly the terrorist version which I do not respect.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2012
Sweetnecta: Quran is recitation. Its in the heart, not just mere "Book". Any human being is worth saving, while papyrus can be reconstituted. I am not a tribalist; I am an authentic humanist in way of Islam.
What you were told and you research I find out that it is complete without missing parts.Indeed, you know nothing about religion,dude!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Sweetnecta: 1:23am On Mar 28, 2012
^We are all students in our religions.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
no need to. The lord of the house will definitely judge him accordingly.
He's getting old and probably going senile, oterwise he won't have to demolish mosques for so called security reasons..
Just like saying: i'll destroy/demolish filling stations in order to prevent fuel subsidy removal for the benefit of nigerians. Mtcheww
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by isalegan2: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ruqaya: He's getting old and probably going senile,

hahahahaha. I was going to respond that only a 15-yr old would suspect someone who's barely 50-yrs old of going senile. lol. Then I quickly checked your profile, and saw your birthdate. Salaam Aleykum, sister my child. cheesy

You sure have a lot of tolerance and patience responding to that Patriot guy. His insight is limited to saying things like, Arab women are beautiful and . . . Islam is best if you take what you can get and then 'live' (leave) it while you're young. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why A Christian Should Not Settle For Sexual Lust / Noah's Ark Remnants Found In Turkey - Fox News / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.