Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack (16889 Views)

I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church / Ex Boko Haram Leader Fingers Ibb,atiku And Buhari As Sponsors Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2012
isale_gan2:

Salaam Aleykum sister
wa alaykum salam
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ruqaya(f): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
isale_gan2:

hahahahaha. I was going to respond that only a 15-yr old would suspect someone who's barely 50-yrs old of going senile. lol. Then I quickly checked your profile, and saw your birthdate. Salaam Aleykum, sister my child.
some of the signs of selinity is poor judegement. If old age hasn't cause this, then some other things has, someone in his right frame of mind won't do such. Okay!!
And what business do you av with ma profile?
Mtchewww
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by isalegan2: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
Ruqaya:
some of the signs of selinity is poor judegement. If old age hasn't cause this, then some other things has, someone in his right frame of mind won't do such. Okay!!
And what business do you av with ma profile?
Mtchewww

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
https://www.nairaland.com/isale_gan2
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2012
What you people should understand is that Nigeria is more important than islam, so demolishing a mosque to save Nigeria is OK.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by vanstanzy(m): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^My opinion bites you. It is a pity that the muslims in Lagos have not protested against their muslim governor's action, against Islam in this case.

@Sweetnecta
If its such a pity and it (in ur words) bites u. Then why dont u lead 'em in the protest?
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by vanstanzy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 08, 2012
patriot2: What you people should understand is that Nigeria is more important than islam, so demolishing a mosque to save Nigeria is OK.

@patriot2
Seconded!
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by LagosShia: 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^My opinion bites you. It is a pity that the muslims in Lagos have not protested against their muslim governor's action, against Islam in this case.

i really don't know what is wrong with fashola.i also read he wants to pass legislation to ban hijab in public schools.it only remains for him to pass legislation that a muslim cannot be governor of Lagos.i really don't know what is wrong with him.he is walking blindly and making mistakes against his own people.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am spiderman
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ubenedictus(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2012
This is a very bad move, i am a catholic and wont take it if someone demolish my church. He is supposed to beef up security or suspend all worship from the mosque till the boko haram crisis is over. It is against the law for a government to demolish a house of worship, unless d worshipper consent or request it. You have to respect the faith of other.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 19, 2012
Dr been
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ubenedictus(m): 7:34pm On May 25, 2012
patriot2: bull.shit, who decides what qualifies as a faith ? Who decides what qualifies as a house of worship ? All this is b.ullshit. The government and the state should be above all this c;rap.
the power of the state is actually delegated to it by the people. A state that cant respect the faith of it people is tyranical. It would help this discussion if you are polite.
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 25, 2012
Dr been
Re: Lagos State Govt Demolish Five Mosques For Fear Of Boko Haram Attack by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2012
patriot2:
First of all for your argument to hold, the majority of Lagosians would have to be muslims, or shall I say the majority of Yoruba would have to be muslims. Moreover the governor was voted in by the people and he acted according to the powers invested in him, he didn't plan any military coup to become a governor. The governor is not a general, he will not be obeyed if he goes against the law.
i think he went against the law because it is clear that the state has no power against a religion. Distroying their place of worship is uncalled for.
So now I get that some of you would gladly sacrifice Nigeria and Nigerians to save one page of a coran: I am sorry but you people fit the description of traitors and "enemies within".
i think you are speculating. First of all im not a muslim. The government can stop all worship in the mosque till the bokoharam threath pass away. Demolishing the mosques is wasting an asset, money was spent on that mosque. At time drastic measures need to be taken to ensure security but this was over done. Stoping everyone from going to those mosques is a better solution
you people's religion has corrupt your vision on everything, you don't even think freely anymore, you can not be objectif about anything which touches your religion. But know that religion, just like love, is a mental disfontion which could have positive or negative effects: for example we have something called crime for love, the same way we have terrorism.
I think any ruler who sacrifices common sense for religion is bound to failure.
my dear i greet you, i cherish a well seasoned arguement but what you wrote above is an attempt to insult me. If you dont want to discuss it tell me and i'll drop it. Please i beg dont insult me please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Nations Mentioned In The Holy Bible / Why A Christian Should Not Settle For Sexual Lust / JAMB Finally Turned Me To An Atheist - Chijioke Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.