Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is There Really Love Without Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Really Love Without Money (11446 Views)

5 Ways To Make Love (without Having Sex) / Can There Be Love Without Money? / Do Women Really Love Tall Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really Love Without Money by dapo338(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Everyday, Love is been discussed or said one way or the other, A lot of opinions are shared. Some says Love is blind while some will never agree. "Is there really love without money" what do u think?
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2012
dapo338: Everyday, Love is been discussed or said one way or the other, A lot of opinions are shared. Some says Love is blind while some will never agree. "Is there really love without money" what do u think?
There is Love without money. Money sustains that love. Crave for the right attitude towards money. Love for her will make you realize that you need money for her upkeep. If you do not take care of her, who will? To take care of her, you need money. She loves you none the less, but then hunger can also kill her. . . Therefore, while Love can exist without money, money still has a vital role to play!

8 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by toyemz(f): 12:07am On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^
well said sir

thank you
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by 190: 12:33am On Mar 27, 2012
OP

In i want to ask you a question

In which country?

cos if you are talking about NIGERIA!!!

hmm .. I comment my reserve!

I nor talk oooooo angry angry

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by dabrake(m): 12:48am On Mar 27, 2012
toyemz: ^^^^
well said sir

thank you
shut up. You don ever spend on your bobo before? gold-diggerdiamond excavator like you. Orisirisi.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 1:20am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

There is Love without money. Money sustains that love.

as much as money can help love "feel" better, it has absolutely NO WEIGHT on the issue. if it does then surely this CANNOT be love.

Love for her will make you realize that you need money for her upkeep.

what about:" her love for you will have her sort out her own upkeep to help your r/ship"? lol! whoever told you that a man should take care of a gal's upkeep is clearly missing the point. Love has absolutely nothing to do with what you can do for her BUT all to do with what you both can do for each other. the minute her life/upkeep is more important than yours then it is no more LOVE, but simple foolishness.

If you do not take care of her, who will?

- her self.
- her parents.
- whoever took care of these issues before you met her, duh!

To take care of her, you need money.

NO, you dont! you only need care and affection. but you're right about ONE THING: to take care of a broke ass golddigger, you need money, yes!

She loves you none the less, but then hunger can also kill her

so in a way what you are saying is that a man in love should provide for his partners meals and upkeep? may i ask: since love is 50/50, does SHE also provide for the same thing? or are all gals broke ass begging women in your part of town?
nothing can kill faster than loving someone who doesnt really care about you, or only care about what she can GET from you.

. . . Therefore, while Love can exist without money, money still has a vital role to play!

money has absolutely NO ROLE to play in love. here is what you should have understood by now:
- if you love someone and you are not "well off financially", you simply have to share YOUR own meal with her, to show her that you love her (not provide her with her own).
- if you rock a Nokia 5110 and she demands for a BB, simply tell her that she can use your own phone whenever she desires (instead of thinking you need to buy her one)
- if she cant pay her school fees then help her find a job and take care of this issue (instead of paying for it, while not solving the problem at hand).

again, love is about caring, NOT providing a easy way out of poverty for goldigging broke asss babes

9 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 1:42am On Mar 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

as much as money can help love "feel" better, it has absolutely NO WEIGHT on the issue. if it does then surely this CANNOT be love.

what about:" her love for you will have her sort out her own upkeep to help your r/ship"? lol! whoever told you that a man should take care of a gal's upkeep is clearly missing the point. Love has absolutely nothing to do with what you can do for her BUT all to do with what you both can do for each other. the minute her life/upkeep is more important than yours then it is no more LOVE, but simple foolishness.

- her self.
- her parents.
- whoever took care of these issues before you met her, duh!

NO, you dont! you only need care and affection. but you're right about ONE THING: to take care of a broke ass golddigger, you need money, yes!

so in a way what you are saying is that a man in love should provide for his partners meals and upkeep? may i ask: since love is 50/50, does SHE also provide for the same thing? or are all gals broke ass begging women in your part of town?
nothing can kill faster than loving someone who doesnt really care about you, or only care about what she can GET from you.

money has absolutely NO ROLE to play in love. here is what you should have understood by now:
- if you love someone and you are not "well off financially", you simply have to share YOUR own meal with her, to show her that you love her (not provide her with her own).
- if you rock a Nokia 5110 and she demands for a BB, simply tell her that she can use your own phone whenever she desires (instead of thinking you need to buy her one)
- if she cant pay her school fees then help her find a job and take care of this issue (instead of paying for it, while not solving the problem at hand).

again, love is about caring, NOT providing a easy way out of poverty for goldigging broke asss babes
My reply wasn't based on goldigging broke arse babes, but rather, on a wife. I strongly believe in spending on the woman i'm married to and not just a girlfriend. . . Most of your points were off! You may want to reply based on "she" being a wife! Then we can talk at length.
I had a thread not too far back where i aired my views about Love Money and Relationships! Your reply was totally out of my context, as i would never encourage spending on "just" a girl!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

My reply wasn't based on goldigging broke arse babes, but rather, on a wife. I strongly believe in spending on the woman i'm married to and not just a girlfriend. . . Most of your points were off! You may want to reply based on "she" being a wife! Then we can talk at length.
I had a thread not too far back where i aired my views about Love Money and Relationships! Your reply was totally out of my context, as i would never encourage spending on "just" a girl!

i see no difference between such love being for a GF, a future wife or a wife.
if you have no money to buy her a meal then SHARE YOURS WITH HER.
if you have no money for a BB, then SHARE YOUR NOKIA 5110 WIT HER.
if you have no money for school fees the HELP HER GET A JOB TO SOLVE THAT.
......and my point is that: no way should these flimsy issues be a reason for this lady (gf/future wife or wifey) to fall out of love.......if it is then she never loved him to begin with (or clearly has no idea what love is).

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 2:08am On Mar 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

i see no difference between such love being for a GF, a future wife or a wife.
There is a difference. . . Except you refuse to see it!
if you have no money to buy her a meal then SHARE YOURS WITH HER.
Whatever is yours is hers also. You do not buy separate meals when you are married. The point of Marriage is sharing. Where you'll hate yourself is when you do not even have money at all. . . Pray she's the supportive type!
if you have no money for a BB, then SHARE YOUR NOKIA 5110 WIT HER.
Irrelevant! We can live without gadgets! BB is not a must!What is BB?
if you have no money for school fees the HELP HER GET A JOB TO SOLVE THAT.
What school fees?
......and my point is that: no way should these flimsy issues be a reason for this lady (gf/future wife or wifey) to fall out of love.......if it is then she never loved him to begin with (or clearly has no idea what love is).
The filmsy issues should not be reasons, but these are reasons why most relationships fold up. U wanna argue that too? It's better to be on a safer side! Even if i love her to death, i should care for her needs. Emotional needs, and material needs. You wanna argue that material needs are not important? Or that we can live on emotions alone? Money is essential!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 2:10am On Mar 27, 2012
Some relationships can survive without money. What about the couple from under the bridge?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 2:18am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Some relationships can survive without money. What about the couple from under the bridge?
LMAO! grin grin grin Are they still there? What rescued them? MONEY! grin Does it mean they love each other less? NO! But without money coming their way, i bet you'd have read their obituaries. . . grin
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 2:21am On Mar 27, 2012
Not really. Some Nigerians are still very poor and still very much alive.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by BodyKiss(m): 2:25am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

Whatever is yours is hers also. You do not buy separate meals when you are married. The point of Marriage is sharing. Where you'll hate yourself is when you do not even have money at all. . . Pray she's the supportive type!

Irrelevant! We can live without gadgets! BB is not a must!What is BB?

What school fees?

The filmsy issues should not be reasons, but these are reasons why most relationships fold up. U wanna argue that too? It's better to be on a safer side! Even if i love her to death, i should care for her needs. Emotional needs, and material needs. You wanna argue that material needs are not important? Or that we can live on emotions alone? Money is essential!

Money is essential = There's no love without money.

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 2:25am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Not really. Some Nigerians are still very poor and still very much alive.
Being very poor doesn't mean they do not have money or does it? It only means they are living on very low resources. You can have a Job and still be very poor, or can't you?
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 2:29am On Mar 27, 2012
BodyKiss:

Money is essential = There's no love without money.
You provide out of love. Provision = Money! That's why you have a job, so that you earn money. And when money comes, what do you do with it? Burn it? Providing makes money essential. It shouldn't be in millions. Just be comfortable. Money doesn't mean extravagantly rich, or does it?

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 2:35am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

Being very poor doesn't mean they do not have money or does it? It only means they are living on very low resources. You can have a Job and still be very poor, or can't you?
But you're the one talking about providing stuff. Some people manage to eat once a day and are still together. The wives haven't left to follow rich men. The woman might be the one managing to find this once a day meal. . . .so. . . . . To me money is important but if we happen not to have money for some reason I will still love my husband or boyfriend. As long as we can find a way to laugh at the situation whilst being hopeful. Or maybe I'm just dreaming. After all I'm half asleep as I type.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 2:48am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: But you're the one talking about providing stuff. Some people manage to eat once a day and are still together. The wives haven't left to follow rich men. The woman might be the one managing to find this once a day meal. . . .so. . . . . To me money is important but if we happen not to have money for some reason I will still love my husband or boyfriend. As long as we can find a way to laugh at the situation whilst being hopeful. Or maybe I'm just dreaming. After all I'm half asleep as I type.
That is you! And that is what i'm saying, craving the right attitude towards money. Without the money, the love is there. So, because the love is there, should i relax and allow love to feed you, even once a day? Right attitude towards money is using it to provide. Not providing doesn't portray love. Being hopeful for what? Money?

Don't get it twisted. Money doesn't mean Millions!

Or should the Op have asked Is there really love without material things? I think that would m\have been more appropriate! I see you are confusing money to mean material things like a car, a big house blah blah! That's not the wavelength i'm broadcasting from!

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 2:48am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

bro, are you saying that the love that a GF has before you get married, is different than the love she would have for you just after she says I Do? lol!

you provide what you CAN, and that should be the end of the story.
now we are getting somewhere.....so as i said: her character is what is important, not what she demands from you financially...... if she aint supportive then she never loved you to begin with. like someone said above, the couple who were living under a bridge is a clear example of what love SHOULD make any women do when the money is gone. STAND BY YOUR MAN/FAMILY!

YES you should care for her needs, as she cares for yours! and if you cant then that SHOULDNT be the reason for her to lose love for you. if such flimsy excuse is the reason for the end of that love then she never loved you to begin with.

yes many foolish people are quick to say "i love you" while they dont have a clue of its meaning (and use flimsy excuse to bounce), BUT, that shouldnt be a reason for you to judge what you have with them. if anyone understands love then they will work hard to make it last, whether with or without money.

~Killz~:

LMAO! grin grin grin Are they still there? What rescued them? MONEY! grin Does it mean they love each other less? NO! But without money coming their way, i bet you'd have read their obituaries. . . grin

focus on the issue at hand: their LOVE stood the time, whether they died or not. money helped them but it sure didnt change their stand on each other's love. which is the subject of this thread, duh!
so by that story we can clearly understand that MONEY meant absolutely NOTHING to their LOVE!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 2:54am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

That is you! And that is what i'm saying, craving the right attitude towards money. Without the money, the love is there. So, because the love is there, should i relax and allow love to feed you, even once a day? Right attitude towards money is using it to provide. Not providing doesn't portray love. Being hopeful for what? Money?

Don't get it twisted. Money doesn't mean Millions!

Or should the Op have asked Is there really love without material things? I think that would m\have been more appropriate! I see you are confusing money to mean material things like a car, a big house blah blah! That's not the wavelength i'm broadcasting from!
Ok, going back to the couple I mentioned are you saying they survived on right attitude? I'm sorry but people in that kinda situation will be resigned to their fate. It's not like he was a graduate and was hopeful that one day bag an awesome job or something like that. That's how I see it sha.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 3:03am On Mar 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, are you saying that the love that a GF has before you get married, is different than the love she would have for you just after she says I Do? lol!
Like i said in the last phrase of my first reply to you, "i would never encourage spending on "just" a girl!" Would "just" a girl become my wife?

now we are getting somewhere.....so as i said: her character is what is important, not what she demands from you financially...... if she aint supportive then she never loved you to begin with. like someone said above, the couple who were living under a bridge is a clear example of what love SHOULD make any women do when the money is gone. STAND BY YOUR MAN/FAMILY!
Who is asking you not to stand by your family? So because the money is gone, you won't find a way to sustain your family or what exactly are you saying? Did you not read my first reply where i said "There is love without money?" What i'm driving at is that you NEED money to feed, and that is where/how money sustains love. Dont twist things here pls!

YES you should care for her needs, as she care for yours! and if you cant then that SHOULDNT be the reason for her to lose love for you. if such flimsy excuse is the reason for the end of that love then she never loved you to begin with.
Again, it shouldn't be a reason. If you CANNOT care for a woman, you never loved her to begin with. . . Deny that again!
yes many foolish people are quick to say "i love you" while they dont have a clue of its meaning (and use flimsy excuse to bounce), BUT, that shouldnt be a reason for you to judge what you have with them. if anyone understands love then they will work hard to make it last, whether with or without money.
Yeah work hard. That's more like it. Work hard, earn sustain and be happy! I hate lazy men that believe once she loves you, she can go hungry!

focus on the issue at hand: their LOVE stood the time, whether they died or not. money helped them but it sure didnt change their stand on each other's love. which is the subject of this thread, duh!
so by that story we can clearly understand that MONEY meant absolutely NOTHING to their LOVE!
Differentiate between money and Materialism and then, maybe you would understand better! While living under the bridge, were they eating sand? With what did they buy food? Money?
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 3:06am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Ok, going back to the couple I mentioned are you saying they survived on right attitude? I'm sorry but people in that kinda situation will be resigned to their fate. It's not like he was a graduate and was hopeful that one day bag an awesome job or something like that. That's how I see it sha.
So he had no job and got married? Wickedness!

1 Like

Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 3:06am On Mar 27, 2012
Even if they didn't have money to buy food and continued to receive leftovers from a nearby house I'm sure they would still be together.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by kelz88(f): 3:08am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

So he had no job and got married? Wickedness!

Stop going off topic lol. What if they were never married -legally? Doesn't make a difference. Some people get together and live on nothing. These things happen.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 3:13am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Even if they didn't have money to buy food and continued to receive leftovers from a nearby house I'm sure they would still be together.
How long were they expecting the leftovers to keep flowing? Why are they so lazy? If they failed to plan, they've planned to fail! If they were still together, that is love without money that i explained earlier, they still need money to keep them going at a point or are they depending on leftovers for the rest of their lives? Money has to come o!

Or, is that a scene from a Nigerian Movie, where everything turns out fine in the end? grin
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 3:16am On Mar 27, 2012
kelz88: Stop going off topic lol. What if they were never married -legally? Doesn't make a difference. Some people get together and live on nothing. These things happen.
It CANT happen! Get together and live on NOTHING!. . . Sounds like a movie title! grin grin grin

Seriously, all the ones i've seen are from legally married couples. Have you seen where two jobless individuals who are not legally married, come together and decide to live on nothing? Abeg, let's be factual o. . . In 2012? grin Where relationship between co habiting couples are ended on the flimsiest of excuses such as "The way she presses toothpaste?" Jor o!
grin
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by toyemz(f): 3:22am On Mar 27, 2012
@debrake

shut up. You don ever spend on your bobo before? gold-diggerdiamond excavator like you. Orisirisi.

since i dont know the real reason behind your rudeness i wont stoop to your level,
However, i will say this to you,not all fingers are equal and not all ladies are gold diggers!
but you wouldnt know that, would you? since in your miserable terrible existence there has never been a time when any lady ever dug any gold out of you,has there?, since you have nothing to contribute
Having said this much, here's my challenge if you desperately need help with your mite existence,why dont you just ask in the nicest possible way? it really isnt hard to have manners,you can always learn! cheesy cheesy cheesy

seek with manners and you shall surely find!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Killz3(m): 3:26am On Mar 27, 2012
toyemz: @debrake

since i dont know the real reason behind your rudeness i wont stoop to your level,
However, i will say this to you,not all fingers are equal and not all ladies are gold diggers!
but you wouldnt know that, would you? [size=15pt]since in your miserable terrible existence there has never been a time when any lady ever dug any gold out of you,has there?, since you have nothing to contribute[/size]
Having said this much, here's my challenge if you desperately need help with your mite existence,why dont you just ask in the nicest possible way? it really isnt hard to have manners,you can always learn! cheesy cheesy cheesy

seek with manners and you shall surely find!
shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 27, 2012
~Killz~:

Like i said in the last phrase of my first reply to you, "i would never encourage spending on "just" a girl!" Would "just" a girl become my wife?

you are missing the point here. that she is your wife or not is irrelevant.........so long as her love for you is based on "her upkeep".

Who is asking you not to stand by your family? So because the money is gone, you won't find a way to sustain your family or what exactly are you saying?

what i have been saying all along is that whether you can take care of her upkeep or not (money), that shouldnt be a reason for her to fall out of love for you.

Did you not read my first reply where i said "There is love without money?" What i'm driving at is that you NEED money to feed, and that is where/how money sustains love. Dont twist things here pls!/size][/color

so LOVE is based on FEEDING in your world?! lol. who can survive withouth eating?! how did SHE survive before meeting you? i guess in your world, if a guy can "feed" a gal then he is worthy of her love.

[color=#000030][size=11pt]Again, it shouldn't be a reason. If you CANNOT care for a woman, you never loved her to begin with. . . Deny that again!

bwaaaaah, Killz, you are a funny character, i give you that!
A) as i said in my earlier post, CARE and AFFECTION is all that is needed to love someone.
B) as i said earlier, the same way you care for her, is what you should expect from her. NOTHING LESS!
C) CARE has absolutely nothing to do with MONEY, as you can show it to her without a penny.

Yeah work hard. That's more like it. Work hard, earn sustain and be happy! I hate lazy men that believe once she loves you, she can go hungry!

i hate women who are quick to say "i love you", but then dont act like it. if a man is hungry then there is absolutely nothing he can do to stop his woman from being hungry. thinking that a woman is a man's responsibility when they get married is WRONG, they are each others responsibility (as they become ONE). so if they have nothing to eat, its THEIR fault, not solely his.....unless you live in the stone age.

Differentiate between money and Materialism and then, maybe you would understand better! While living under the bridge, were they eating sand? With what did they buy food? Money?

if people handed them free meals, would their love die? if people offered them free accommodation, would their love die? or better yet, would she start loving the provider? lol
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 27, 2012
Love without money? Well incomplete love. . Ever wondered why some rich parents forbids their children marring the girl from not so rich home?
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by toyemz(f): 3:45am On Mar 27, 2012
^^^^^
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
chei which one you dey now?
I said it quietly and now you have bolded it up and shouted it out! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

any insults i receive oh,im passing onto you oh!
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 27, 2012
REALITY101: Love without money? Well incomplete love. . Ever wondered why some rich parents forbids their children marring the girl from not so rich home?

IMHO probably because:
- they want their child to marry UP, not down.
- they believe that each should bring the same amount to the table (aka wealth) because they "assume" they worked too damn hard to see their wealth going to a poor gal (who may be here simply for the money/status)
- they think that a poor gal wouldnt be equal (status wise) with them or understand their way of life.
- they believe that a poor gal wouldnt have the CLASS they require to enter their bloodline.
- thats the kind of gal they require for they child.......its called preferences.
Re: Is There Really Love Without Money by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

IMHO probably because:
- they want their child to marry UP, not down.
- they believe that each should bring the same amount to the table (aka wealth) because they "assume" they worked too damn hard to see their wealth going to a poor gal (who may be here simply for the money/status)
- they think that a poor gal wouldnt be equal (status wise) with them or understand their way of life.
- they believe that a poor gal wouldnt have the CLASS they require to enter their bloodline.
- thats the kind of gal they require for they child.......its called preferences.

Cold tequila? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Are The Pretty Girls/cute Guys On Nairaland / instagram model spill out her big boobs while smilling on the floor with herHips / This Cocunmba Will Marvel You (pic)!!!!.... Warning highly erotic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.