Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? (18153 Views)

That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President / Ghanaians Comments On Buhari Planned Visit To Their Country. / GEJ - Nigerians Think I Am Slow Because I Avoid Taking Hasty Decisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by ghboy: 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
i am Ghanaian and visit NL just to know what's happening in Nigeria because i believe news here is faster and credible. one thing i've observed is the stick Ghana gets on here and majority of people claiming Ghana is jealous, has an inferiority complex, a "lil" bro to Naija etc. Ghanaians like myself has absolutely no problem with Nigerians. i have Nigerian friends all over, i have Nigerian gadget dealers here in Accra at Tip Toe Lane where most of the electronic shops are owned by Nigerians. they live happily here and will testify Ghanainas are fun loving and hospital. Ghana is country thats striving hard to develop. Ghanaians support and embrace that drive and support whoever is in charge of running the country. Hating or being jealous of Nigeria brings nothing to us. claiming Lagos has a better ecomony than Ghana changes nothing. true or not, Ghana is still doing what it can to make it. hate or dislike works in both ways. there are Ghanaians that naturally hate Nigerians but im very sure there are Nigerians that generally hate Ghanaians. i'm sure most of those who pass such comments and remarks haven't been to Ghana and rely on hear say and false news. Ghana has nothing against Nigeria. we'll choose Nigeria first to any other African country. i have more Naija music on my phone than Ghanaian music. even songs i dont understand. i watched Big Brother Africa once in a while and can bet you i voted Karen and Vina than our own Confidence. please lets end this unwanted rivalry. both our countries are going through hard times. supporting the leaders rather than petty beef is what's needed.

19 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by LogicMind: 12:01am On Mar 27, 2012
ghboy: i am Ghanaian and visit NL just to know what's happening in Nigeria because i believe news here is faster and credible. one thing i've observed is the stick Ghana gets on here and majority of people claiming Ghana is jealous, has an inferiority complex, a "lil" bro to Naija etc. Ghanaians like myself has absolutely no problem with Nigerians. i have Nigerian friends all over, i have Nigerian gadget dealers here in Accra at Tip Toe Lane where most of the electronic shops are owned by Nigerians. they live happily here and will testify Ghanainas are fun loving and hospital. Ghana is country thats striving hard to develop. Ghanaians support and embrace that drive and support whoever is in charge of running the country. Hating or being jealous of Nigeria brings nothing to us. claiming Lagos has a better ecomony than Ghana changes nothing. true or not, Ghana is still doing what it can to make it. hate or dislike works in both ways. there are Ghanaians that naturally hate Nigerians but im very sure there are Nigerians that generally hate Ghanaians. i'm sure most of those who pass such comments and remarks haven't been to Ghana and rely on hear say and false news. Ghana has nothing against Nigeria. we'll choose Nigeria first to any other African country. i have more Naija music on my phone than Ghanaian music. even songs i dont understand. i watched Big Brother Africa once in a while and can bet you i voted Karen and Vina than our own Confidence. please lets end this unwanted rivalry. both our countries are going through hard times. supporting the leaders rather than petty beef is what's needed.

what do you care what we think?
you want to organise our thought process now after we have subsidised you out of poverty?
Please respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:11am On Mar 27, 2012
Thanks Ghboy. Of course the problem is with the motormouths on both sides of the divide. We should just try to ignore them, and if you come across positive articles on Nigeria/Ghana relations, you can as well post them to counter-balance the negative ones we normally hear about. smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Beaf: 12:23am On Mar 27, 2012
@ghboy

Welcome to NL. The place is a veritable jungle that does not accurately represent Nigeria, so don't mind all you read here.
I really love Ghana and Ghanians. The place is peaceful and the people are unbelievably warm and welcoming.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf: @ghboy

Welcome to NL. The place is a veritable jungle that does not accurately represent Nigeria, so don't mind all you read here.
I really love Ghana and Ghanians. The place is peaceful and the people are unbelievably warm and welcoming.

^^^Beaf bruh, no overdo am abeg. That's a picture of paradise you just painted up there^^.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Beaf: 12:52am On Mar 27, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Beaf bruh, no overdo am abeg. That's a picture of paradise you just painted up there^^.

Lol! I'm being honest, bro. The first time ever that I set foot in Ghana, it was under very horrible circumstances after being robbed and almost killed in Togo. The way the Ghanaians reacted to me as a complete stranger is something I will never ever forget; took me in, fed me, housed me... People I did not know from Adam and not in a little village, but in Accra.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by ghboy: 1:20am On Mar 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

what do you care what we think?
you want to organise our thought process now after we have subsidised you out of poverty?
Please respect yourself.

i care what you think cos it helps no one. how am i organising your thought process and how have you subdued our poverty? please don't say things that are unreal. i respect myself and others very much. beef helps no one. thanks to all those inviting me to the forum even though i may get some issues with people for being a Ghanaian on a Naija page

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 27, 2012
I practically live with Ghanaians. Most awesome ppl. And did I say smart?
All these Nigerian paranoid people sha. angry angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by OneNaira6: 1:46am On Mar 27, 2012
ghboy

I'm going to give you the same advice some of my Ghanaian friends that used to come to NL gave me about this forum and it goes "stay away from it. Avoid it at all cost, the people found on NL are evil, heartless and most importantly insulting; if you go and stay, it will damage the way you see things".

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Callotti: 2:54am On Mar 27, 2012
I think it has to do with a megalomaniacal complex on the parts of Nigerians.
Everyone hates them. . .even where they do not exist in the minds of others.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by cfours: 3:08am On Mar 27, 2012
most nigerians don't think that.
where do you get your idea from?

besides, nobody cares that you are a ghanaian on a nigerian page. there are quite a few non-nigerians here. African americans, oyinbos, liberians, gambians ghanaians etc. Welcome to NL!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by tpia5: 3:34am On Mar 27, 2012
We should just try to ignore them

you obviously havent met people who cant stand being ignored.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 27, 2012
Why do ghanaians think Nigerians give a Bleep about what they think/feel for Nigerians? undecidedWhy do ghanaians think Nigerians give a Bleep about what they think/feel for Nigerians?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by naptu2: 7:00am On Mar 27, 2012
It's not really about Ghanaians. This is about an illness that inhabits the minds of a few. On Nairaland it starts off with the Igbo hates Yoruba, Yoruba hates Igbo threads. The illness morphs into South Africans, Ghanaians or African Americans hate us threads and in the face of extreme boredom, they add East Africans (primarily Kenyans) to the mix.

A key symptom of this illness is the tendency to replace reason with emotion.

Another symptom is the individual's inability to take responsibility for his own situation and a tendency to blame everybody else for what's happening to him.

The illness is spread via "the race to determine who is the most silly".

This is the way it plays out. A bigot from ethnic group B makes a silly statement about ethnic group A. Someone from ethnic group A sees the statement and, rather than correcting the bigot or taking the higher moral road, he decides to "defend his tribe" and makes a silly statement about ethnic group B.

What follows is a race to determine who is more silly.

Please do not get infected.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by rastamouse: 8:02am On Mar 27, 2012
This is one of the matured threads I have read on NL. No insults and everyone is on the topic. Let's keep it this way guys because that is what being civilized is ll about.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Callotti: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2012
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
It would be nice to keep it civilized for a change.
There should be a law on NL to penalize anyone publicly who quotes another IN THE OFFENCE.
You may only quote others if you agree.
No 'stalkeratzeeeez' on this thread either.
Praise da lord! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by LogicMind: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2012
see how low nigeria has fallen
see as my people dey fall for ground for this ghana man whose papa was probably deported from lagos in the 70s with that big "ghana must go" bag.
all of a sudden they want to act "civilised", like trader wey see oyibo.

ghboy we don't care what you think. Infact as bob marley would say, "go to hell if what you're thinking isn't right".
Hate will never leave us alone.
Join us at your own peril.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by londoner: 9:57am On Mar 27, 2012
@OP......In many cases it is true......some Ghanaians can really dislike Nigerians.

It is not all Ghanaians, but far too many imo.

Lets all be honest now....the perception did not emerge out of thin air. Ghboy......many Ghanaians openly state they hate Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by BlackBaron: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2012
Cos some of them are narcicistic, arrogant and paranoid. It's prolly from the water they've been drinking. Lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
We don't care about Ghana - Ghana is like a short man trying to punch above his height. Ghana should worry about Togo, and probably catch up Senegal and Ivory Coast before thinking about Nigeria.

Let's get this thread on front page, and celebrate our heroes and heroines..

Please, post your Nigerian heroes and heroines here: https://www.nairaland.com/900756/notable-nigerian-heroes-we-all#10470998
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by mjconcept(m): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2012
londoner: @OP......In many cases it is true......some Ghanaians can really dislike Nigerians.

It is not all Ghanaians, but far too many imo.

Lets all be honest now....the perception did not emerge out of thin air. Ghboy......many Ghanaians openly state they hate Nigerians.

Yeah its 90% true but i think its time to negotiate a truce cos all these are just childish game to me.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by afrodiva: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ghost boy welcome to nl.I personally don't hate Ghana. I have lord of Ghanaians as friends and watch lots of Ghanaian movies. Honestly most of the so called hatred for Naija is what I've read not experienced.I've never been to Ghana though.but the trick to getting on with my Naija peeps is 10 eyes for an
eye naijas only understand brute force.welcome akwaba.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by tunapawizzy: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
The very few Ghanians v had course to interact n co habit with are very warm n likeable people. It therefore sounds baseless to me when my fellow nigerians claim people from Ghana envy/dislike nigerians. Its very true that a lot of my country men (at least d ones on NL) think Ghanians av issues with our supposed superiority. But As far as I know..Ghanians r very friendly especially to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
I don't know why Nigerians are professing their love for Ghanaians. Some of you need to get real and know the average Ghanaian (esp. the older ones, the younger ones are aite) despise everything Nigerian. More than four of my uncles and their friends going out Ghanaian girls were turned down by the girls' parents - and their only crime was because they're NIGERIANS. I don't hate these annoying people but Ghana gets no ratings from me. Ghana and most Ghanaians don't even exist to me. They need to stop moaning about the "Ghana must go" debacle - and get real. They're lightweights, and their fake economy bubble will bust soon.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
I hate Ghana and I don't hide it. They caused it, I joined their forum, ghanaweb.com (football section) in 2009 and I saw the hatred for Nigeria that goes on there. These guys hate Nigeria and Nigerians(very glaring), except few of tehm of course. Any wonder their singers composed anti-Nigeria songs?

The interesting thing is that Nigerians don't care about them. I can't remember Nigerians online opening threads to bash Ghanaians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by juce: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
[i][/i][b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
ghboy: i am Ghanaian and visit NL just to know what's happening in Nigeria because i believe news here is faster and credible. one thing i've observed is the stick Ghana gets on here and majority of people claiming Ghana is jealous, has an inferiority complex, a "lil" bro to Naija etc. Ghanaians like myself has absolutely no problem with Nigerians. i have Nigerian friends all over, i have Nigerian gadget dealers here in Accra at Tip Toe Lane where most of the electronic shops are owned by Nigerians. they live happily here and will testify Ghanainas are fun loving and hospital. Ghana is country thats striving hard to develop. Ghanaians support and embrace that drive and support whoever is in charge of running the country. Hating or being jealous of Nigeria brings nothing to us. claiming Lagos has a better ecomony than Ghana changes nothing. true or not, Ghana is still doing what it can to make it. hate or dislike works in both ways. there are Ghanaians that naturally hate Nigerians but im very sure there are Nigerians that generally hate Ghanaians. i'm sure most of those who pass such comments and remarks haven't been to Ghana and rely on hear say and false news. Ghana has nothing against Nigeria. we'll choose Nigeria first to any other African country. i have more Naija music on my phone than Ghanaian music. even songs i dont understand. i watched Big Brother Africa once in a while and can bet you i voted Karen and Vina than our own Confidence. please lets end this unwanted rivalry. both our countries are going through hard times. supporting the leaders rather than petty beef is what's needed.

Your very words and I qoute " there are Ghanaians that naturally hate Nigerians but im very sure there are Nigerians that generally hate Ghanaians."

WHATS UR POINT THEN! THATS LIFE,LIVE WITH IT.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by LogicMind: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2012
Jarus: I hate Ghana and I don't hide it. They caused it, I joined their forum, ghanaweb.com (football section) in 2009 and I saw the hatred for Nigeria that goes on there. These guys hate Nigeria and Nigerians(very glaring), except few of tehm of course. Any wonder their singers composed anti-Nigeria songs?

The interesting thing is that Nigerians don't care about them. I can't remember Nigerians online opening threads to bash Ghanaians.

I didn't even know they had a forum.
good for nothing sheeps cowed by rawlings expecting naija love.
abeg carry go.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2012

Well said . . My Brother in Law visited Ghana and was there for a long time, he loved it and cant stop talking about how Ghanaian loves Nigerians . . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by Mynd44: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
The reason for this percaption might be the song "thank God I am not Nigerian"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by rastamouse: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
shymmex: We don't care about Ghana - Ghana is like a short man trying to punch above his height. Ghana should worry about Togo, and probably catch up Senegal and Ivory Coast before thinking about Nigeria.

Let's get this thread on front page, and celebrate our heroes and heroines..

Please, post your Nigerian heroes and heroines here: https://www.nairaland.com/900756/notable-nigerian-heroes-we-all#10470998

y don't u speak for urself? lipsrsealed

Jarus: I hate Ghana and I don't hide it. They caused it, I joined their forum, ghanaweb.com (football section) in 2009 and I saw the hatred for Nigeria that goes on there. These guys hate Nigeria and Nigerians(very glaring), except few of tehm of course. Any wonder their singers composed anti-Nigeria songs?

Jump in front of the next truck that will pass by you. Who care about you? My friend, go and drown
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think Ghanaians Hate Them?? by stepo707: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2012
Ghanians love Nigerians so much,that i know cos i have few of them as friends.But the thing i hate about ghanaians are that they talk too much and some of them are hypocrites and act all self righteous a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names Of 2013 Nigerian National Merit Award List Released / My Experience As Member Of PDP Situation Team In The Abia North Rerun Election / Oyo: Ajimobi Warns Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.