Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. (9204 Views)

Poll: Should Jonathan contest for second term election by 2015?

Yes: 30% (42 votes)
No: 65% (91 votes)
undecided: 2% (4 votes)
I need more time to decide.: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan / Army Board Of Inquiry Tried Capt. Koli For Exposing Ekiti Rigging / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 5:49am On Mar 27, 2012
I think in the spirit of fairness and justice, Jonathan should be supported by all nigerians by 2015, to complete his projects.

He may not be doing as expected for now, but 8 years in Aso Rock would have been a ripe age for any meaningful assessment. Obj did his term, Yar'adua was in the process. . .and all that.

Please, contribute with maturity. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Callotti: 5:51am On Mar 27, 2012
I think so too! kiss
It only gets worse in Nigeria. . . so let him remain there for his 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 5:54am On Mar 27, 2012
I need more light on the bolded. Thanks.

Callotti: I think so too! kiss
It only gets worse in Nigeria. . . so let him remain there for his 8 years.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Callotti: 5:57am On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
I need more light on the bolded. Thanks.

Can you please tell me what dictator has been better than the previous one. . . since independence?
You get my drift? kiss
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Abagworo(m): 6:09am On Mar 27, 2012
Let me correct the OP, I think it is 10 years for Jonathan. Jonathan is doing well economically and should be encouraged.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2012
Right on point! Jonathan's administration may be having security challenges and all that, but economically, he is doing great. The economic growth is the backbone of any transition of developing to develop country. The only consolidation IMO should be in the areas of repid infrastructural development, provision of electricity to turn around our economic index and a quick shift from public driven system to more efficient private one.

Corruption is another ugly untra-headed monster, that should be handle to boot and the task of achieving a corrupt free country/society is a task for all. What baffle's me is that nigerians are all expecting the president alone to tackle issue corruption alone, which is nearly impossible without our collective efforts .

Abagworo: Let me correct the OP, I think it is 10 years for Jonathan. Jonathan is doing well economically and should be encouraged.

well said @ the bolded. cool
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 7:24am On Mar 27, 2012
But, you should know that Jonathan is more of a "slight" shift from the old generational "owners" of nigeria and should be supported by all and sundry.

Callotti:

Can you please tell me what dictator has been better than the previous one. . . since independence?
You get my drift? kiss
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Callotti: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
But, you should know that Jonathan is more of a "slight" shift from the old generational "owners" of nigeria and should be supported by all and sundry.

You know. I have not really seen ANYTHING GEJ has done to compare him to the past pseudo-democratic dictators.
But, I have come to accept one thing with Nigerians and people in general.
The devil you know is better than the Christian you don't know.
Jonathan is like a husband. . .Nigerians have come to accept his 'bed manners'.
I don't think I am ready to change dummies JUST YET!
Voted YES!kiss

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 10:26am On Mar 27, 2012
Callotti:

You know. I have not really seen ANYTHING GEJ has done to compare him to the past pseudo-democratic dictators.
The devil you know is better than the [B]Christian[/B] you don't know.
Voted YES!kiss

The bold perfectly explains the main reasons why I think Jonathan is more of generational change. Though, some people see him as a weakling and all that, but IMO with a little time, contribution from all quotas and constructive criticism, Jonathan where neccessary,things are going to change for better.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 27, 2012

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 10:28am On Mar 27, 2012
Callotti:

The devil you know is better than the [B]Christian[/B] you don't know.
Voted YES!kiss
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by DisGuy: 10:36am On Mar 27, 2012
hows jonathan doing well 'economically' nigerias economy has been growing ever since even with half dead president, so how is it any better than before?
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by worm(f): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2012
I searched for "NEVER" on the options but couldnt found it so i managed with the "NO"
Of all the hardships and security challenges Nigeria faces today, how can a SANE person wants the status quo maintained.SMH

lET hIM gO bACK tO tHE cREEKS!
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Callotti: 12:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

The bold perfectly explains the main reasons why I think Jonathan is more of generational change. Though, some people see him as a weakling and all that, but IMO with a little time, contribution from all quotas and constructive criticism, Jonathan where neccessary,things are going to change for better.

I am not holding my breath.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by kokoA(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ OP

You are not being fair to GEJ and his family o. You want him to keep on eating 1 billion naira food in "A$S-hole" rock for another 7 more years? Haba! Him and his family will become obessed naw and you know its not good for their health! Yes you know! Why are you so wicked?!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by juman(m): 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
He should perform first.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by kunlekunle: 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
hes been sworn in 2ce
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by lacasa: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2012
Heeeeeell NO!!

From growing corruption to subsidy removal to aimless leadership to dictatorial tendencies(bayelsa governorship to pdp chairmanship to judge salami) not beginning to judge the lapses in national security.

Let d fisherman goooooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by 1025: 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
@O.P and supporters,
what you have done here can called a beautiful nonsense.
what do u call economically doing well? extorting additional N32 per litre of which 90% of nigerians are buying fuel for one reason or the other. the so-called economy improvement of nigeria is just another way of robbing peter to pay paul.
no normal investor can come to nigeria with the security situation. do not be deceived, under jonathan, u can point to over 1,000 fraud cases here and there yet u can't point to one single case of jail term. corruption is a thing on the rampage and you are here praising failures. name one multinational company in nigeria that is paying taxes to this govt and tell me how our refineries are doing.
i wonder how nigerians can be talking about eceonomy in a country where there is no electricity and no security.
if jonathan continues this way, our population will surely be reduced to half at the end of his 4 yrs tenure and if he goes for another 4, the country will turn to a burial ground.
a country without an airliner. look at mtn and dstv, south african companies managing nigeria and nigerians as our second colonial masters. ghana, where the whole world is seeing development don't come out to speak from the backside like this. na ur types even asked obasanjo and abacha to continue.
time don reach for efcc to ask jonathan's wife to return $13m to bayelsa ppl.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. (7 times)
After 2019, GEJ should handover to my Igbo brothers (East).

I dont want the Aboki to rule Naija for a very very long time,
with their backward mentality & since they created Boko Haram to bring down GEJ.

Naija belongs to every body. North, South, East & West.

God bless GEJ. God bless Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by hallmark77: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2012
Constitutionally Jonanthan is serving his second term....You cant jump the constitution and give him another term because you think he deserve it,so the governors that have been sworn-in twice can serve one more term?....He has no right to another term under Nigerian present constitution since he took the oath of office two times...There is no legitimacy to another term....I am not against him but I am against uncontitutionalism.....
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by courage89(m): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

So this is the new anthem now "Slight shift from old generation, Owners of Nigeria". And just because of this, and not because he has no shoes (now he can afford shoes)...we should allow him to continue. What happened to being judge by results, pragmatism, facts and other important parameters. Why do most of us always have to reason and be blinded by these ethnic sentiments and religious speculation. Seriously ...this is 2012 and all these people thinking along these lines need complete mental reorientation. Real progress will not/never happen in Nigeria unless/until we vote in the right people based on merit; necessary knowledge, experience, attitude, character and other ammunition needed to progress our economy.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by honeric01(m): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2012
If he wants to, let him.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by yemmight(m): 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
How come someone will even think Jonathan should continue till 2015? How come?
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by bisiaet: 2:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
Well I think its obvious GEJ will be there for another term no question about that. I think this man is trying his best despite the serious security challenge in the country, hopefully he might do much no one can say. It ha s become apparent that the problem in this country were man made or may I say a delibrate attempt by some vultures to shred Nigeria flesh into pieces for their selfish interest just make GEJ look incapable and this is where they miss it.

I'm not PDP sympatiser or believer but for the fact that some animals got offended because a man in Aso Rock is from minority tribe and decided to thumble Nigeria to pieces made me to support GEJ and I will always do as long he is the president because Nigeria belong to everybody either East, West, South or North so noone is an outcast or second class citizen.

Gej should ride on and after him the East should present their candidate for presidency so the disgruntle vultures and the mr bombers still have many years to bomb.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Beaf: 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
hallmark77: Constitutionally Jonanthan is serving his second term....You cant jump the constitution and give him another term because you think he deserve it,so the governors that have been sworn-in twice can serve one more term?....He has no right to another term under Nigerian present constitution since he took the oath of office two times...There is no legitimacy to another term....I am not against him but I am against uncontitutionalism.....

Jonathan is serving his [b]first [/b]term constitutionally.
The only people who would take your arguments seriously are those who either believe in unsubstantiated rumours or base their decisions on sentiment.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Beaf: 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
bisiaet: Well I think its obvious GEJ will be there for another term no question about that. I think this man is trying his best despite the serious security challenge in the country, hopefully he might do much no one can say. It ha s become apparent that the problem in this country were man made or may I say a delibrate attempt by some vultures to shred Nigeria flesh into pieces for their selfish interest just make GEJ look incapable and this is where they miss it.

I'm not PDP sympatiser or believer but for the fact that some animals got offended because a man in Aso Rock is from minority tribe and decided to thumble Nigeria to pieces made me to support GEJ and I will always do as long he is the president because Nigeria belong to everybody either East, West, South or North so noone is an outcast or second class citizen.

Gej should ride on and after him the East should present their candidate for presidency so the disgruntle vultures and the mr bombers still have many years to bomb.

Beaf endorses this post. cool
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Goodnessy: 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
@ Poster. Olorunmaje x 1000000. Do you people know what you are talking about at all. I wont be surprised if this is posted by Beaf as an opinion poll to report back to GEJ as 2015 is getting closer and not forgetting that Turkey or Tukor as been installed to ensure a PDP return ticket for GEJ.
What do you mean by doing well economically, a depletion of our foreign reserve without result or the continued sharing of our monies. I weep for Nigeria if this is what you'll be thinking by next election cry. I pray if this is the plan Nigeria should break before then.
It is my opinion that a corrupt leader cannot fight corruption in this country, what we need to do is to fight corruption and I still dont know whether the incorruptible Nigerians are not yet born but I hope one is lurking around the corner. GEJ is a failure, forget about insecurity, in the North what development has taken place outside the North given that development is not possible under the present conditions. After cajoling you people through the social media and singing "I had no shoes" years ago. How can you assess him. Given 30 years, GEJ cannot achieve much, not that he doesnt want it but he is incapable, and with the advisers, sycophant, political jobbers, opportunists, and marauders he calls ministers, he can not achieve much.
Ogun lakaye oshimole will make it impossible for GEJ to be returned to that seat. You'll be going to Ghana and Gambia for greener pastures if he remains our president.
Please dont lets be deluded with this ethnicity of a thing, it is the second problem of Nigeria after corruption[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Koolking(m): 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
Geez! This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a century now. Continue to support mediocrity and stark incompetency?. Did I hear economy has improved under GEJ? What improved the economy? Is it the moribund infrastructures? Dearth in supply of electricity, that has become a virtual dream? Is it the improved security that threaten investment? Licensed corruption? Unpatriotism of Nigerians garnished by lost of faith in leadership? Where is this improvement coming from?

Please, someone confuse convince me?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2012
Dude, our constitution is written in a simple english and not arabic, as such I expect you to have a glance at it, else you could easily be seen "mooing" among the herd of cows grazing on rich land of ignorance.

hallmark77: Constitutionally Jonanthan is serving his second term....You cant jump the constitution and give him another term because you think he deserve it,so the governors that have been sworn-in twice can serve one more term?....He has no right to another term under Nigerian present constitution since he took the oath of office two times...There is no legitimacy to another term....I am not against him but I am against uncontitutionalism.....
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2012
bisiaet: Well I think its obvious GEJ will be there for another term no question about that. I think this man is trying his best despite the serious security challenge in the country, hopefully he might do much no one can say. It ha s become apparent that the problem in this country were man made or may I say a delibrate attempt by some vultures to shred Nigeria flesh into pieces for their selfish interest just make GEJ look incapable and this is where they miss it.

I wish average nigerian can think independently like this. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N360m Wike's Bribe: 14 Policemen To Testify Against 23 INEC Officials / Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / How FG Plans To Boost Export With ₦50 Billion ESP Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.