Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. (9203 Views)

Poll: Should Jonathan contest for second term election by 2015?

Yes: 30% (42 votes)
No: 65% (91 votes)
undecided: 2% (4 votes)
I need more time to decide.: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

My Husband Must Complete His Two Terms – Mrs. Jonathan / Army Board Of Inquiry Tried Capt. Koli For Exposing Ekiti Rigging / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by babaowo: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2012
hallmark77: Constitutionally Jonanthan is serving his second term....You cant jump the constitution and give him another term because you think he deserve it,so the governors that have been sworn-in twice can serve one more term?....He has no right to another term under Nigerian present constitution since he took the oath of office two times...There is no legitimacy to another term....I am not against him but I am against uncontitutionalism.....
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by honeric01(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
By 2015, jona wont even be thinking of election so no reason 4 dis. April 1st is knocking @ ur doors.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by brainpulse: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
Silly Dumb Nigerians are at it again, we have not learnt our lessons of celebrating mediocrity just to satisfy tribal, religious and gender sentiments. The guy have not done anything for close to one year and you are telling me to close my eyes and Terra 8 years will come and go: let just live him. Should i continue in this dark period of my existence in Nigeria just because we should give a south south an opportunity to rule without light blinking for months yet i pay my bills and tax. Should change for a better tomorrow be sacrificed in Nigeria just because we want to satisfy some group of people that are even suffering now? Why can't for once in our lives think out of the box and outwit sentiments aside and cry for change as Senegal did. Should i continue in darkness for 8 years, should i continue with increase in inflation with its tow on foodstuffs, household commodities and miseries of "will fuel increase tomorrow"? I believe those that are fronting him or for him should know clearly that if you trade with sand surely you will profit stones you are your family.
Please let US sleep and wake up to make decision not based political affiliation, tribal interest, religious beliefs and gender acrimony. That is when we will open our eyes to the truth of what can change and move this country forward.If we look at the antecedents of any one and look at his leadership ideology and principle and it works very fine we can all go to the poll and exercise our rights, but if we continue with the same arguments we will all suffer from poor medical infrastructures (and Goodluck will be travelling abroad to treat simple malaria that kills our little ones), social infrastructure (they all have their kids in the best schools abroad) etc. Let's read and equip ourselves with the developments in the world and we will be better for it (NIGERIANS DON'T READ, 70% ARE STILL ILLITERATES THAT STILL SUFFER AND CAMPAIGN FOR THESE PEOPLE)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Johnsinia(m): 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
I wuldnt ve voted 4 gef if theres a better candidate,bt there isnt.i wil stil cast my vote 4 him if he comes out 4 d 2nd term bc all oda candidate r criminals n r worster dan gef.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by TheDoc: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
That depicts a typical nigerian mentality,suffering but yet still supporting mediocracy because of tribalism and sentiments,some are even saying some economic improvements, NONESENSE, what a self deceit
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
After carefully perusing you posting history. I'm amaze with the extent of your hatred and bitterness.

Dude, whats eating you up?

1025: @O.P and supporters,
what you have done here can called a beautiful nonsense.
what do u call economically doing well? extorting additional N32 per litre of which 90% of nigerians are buying fuel for one reason or the other. the so-called economy improvement of nigeria is just another way of robbing peter to pay paul.
no normal investor can come to nigeria with the security situation. do not be deceived, under jonathan, u can point to over 1,000 fraud cases here and there yet u can't point to one single case of jail term. corruption is a thing on the rampage and you are here praising failures. name one multinational company in nigeria that is paying taxes to this govt and tell me how our refineries are doing.
i wonder how nigerians can be talking about eceonomy in a country where there is no electricity and no security.
if jonathan continues this way, our population will surely be reduced to half at the end of his 4 yrs tenure and if he goes for another 4, the country will turn to a burial ground.
a country without an airliner. look at mtn and dstv, south african companies managing nigeria and nigerians as our second colonial masters. ghana, where the whole world is seeing development don't come out to speak from the backside like this. na ur types even asked obasanjo and abacha to continue.
time don reach for efcc to ask jonathan's wife to return $13m to bayelsa ppl.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by lionshare: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
Olorun Maje maje oooo

GEJ is obviously the dumbest president ever...some folks talking about economy prosperity know nada...Nigeria's economic is not as a result of its leadership but owing the industriousness of the citizenry!

No GeJ...
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by brainpulse: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
I think in the spirit of fairness and justice, Jonathan should be supported by all nigerians by 2015, to complete his projects.

He may not be doing as expected for now, but 8 years in Aso Rock would have been a ripe age for any meaningful assessment. Obj did his term, Yar'adua was in the process. . .and all that.

Please, contribute with maturity. Thanks.

I want to believe you are an adult and you would have being telling your kids not to support mediocrity in any form, but at the corner of your office or room you are a bell bearer for it. Please if you are knowledgeable you should know its not about numbers of term but the will and capacity to deliver and move a nation forward through solid and workable vision. All this GEJ lack, get me anyone, from anywhere that has all these qualities i will be rest assured that even 20 years nobody will be disturb. But for now, GEJ is a curse rather than a blessing. And an advice do yourself good to have at least a good education that will inform you, not just because you know how to type on a computer.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Buzman: 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2012
Nigerians are too easy to ride! They are the highest species of morons I have ever seen. Or how do you think someone will want this clueless president to even complete his term, let alone going beyond 2015? I am speechless! I can see why past government administration never wanted to improve our education and health sector. They simply want to produce sick Nigerians mentally and intellectually and this thread shows that the government has just achieved that goal. I am out of here.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by kutchs: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2012
Like it or not come 2015 I will lead a march in support of his continuation. Dont owe anyone any apology. If you think he has not done well contest against him.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by foxglove: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2012
Is this an amnestic assertion? As much as we are entitled to our opinion, we should not be subjective about it.
Dis comment is a shock to me. Au can one expect Jonathan to remain in office beyond 2015? It bothers my mind to see that Nigerians are still largely ignorant of what is hitting them until it consumes them. THE WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION IS LOST AND UNTIL IT IS REGAINED WE ARE STILL RUDDERLESS. Since the exit of Farida, Larmode has succeded in doing worse than his predecessor. WAKE UP NAIJA
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
Lai lai God forbid. Why must we be ruled by visionless leaders always? Until he can tackle boko haram and corruption, no way. I'm happy more people has said no so far. Ah e ma ni shoriburuku ke. E gba mi.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by CaptBarbosa: 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2012
You could have done better by communicating your points without resorting to gutter language. You can easily be seen as one of those raised in a piggery( no offence intended)

Lemme just turn the table around and ask you this, do you communicate with your kids using those gutter words of yours? Certainly NOT.

Please respect the office of the president. Edit your post for a proper response. Thanks

brainpulse:
I want to believe you are an adult and you would have being telling your kids not to support mediocrity in any form, but at the corner of your office or room you are a bell bearer for it. Please if you are knowledgeable you should know its not about numbers of term but the will and capacity to deliver and move a nation forward through solid and workable vision. All this GEJ lack, get me anyone, from anywhere that has all these qualities i will be rest assured that even 20 years nobody will be disturb. But for now, GEJ is a curse rather than a blessing. And an advice do yourself good to have at least a good education that will inform you, not just because you know how to type on a commuter.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by miteolu(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
GEJ never plan for governor even till presidency level that is why it looks as if he lacks idea. After this term let him go home and rest.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by TheDoc: 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2012
Johnsinia: I wuldnt ve voted 4 gef if theres a better candidate,bt there isnt.i wil stil cast my vote 4 him if he comes out 4 d 2nd term bc all oda candidate r criminals n r worster dan gef.
i have a question pls. Are you in any way related to Dame Patience Jonathan?
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by adeshina4u: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
I think in the spirit of fairness and justice, Jonathan should be supported by all nigerians by 2015, to complete his projects.

He may not be doing as expected for now, but 8 years in Aso Rock would have been a ripe age for any meaningful assessment. Obj did his term, Yar'adua was in the process. . .and all that.

Please, contribute with maturity. Thanks.
[color=#000099][/color]

I think you are allowing sentiments to be cloud your sense of judgment and reasoning, cos GEJ has not only displayed lack of competence to govern, charisma to lead and understanding of the entity called Nigeria; but has made Nigeria lose her pride position in the committee of nations.
The constitution only provides for a tenure of four years, renewable if fresh mandate is given by the electorate. So, to think that anybody elected has the right to automatic two tenures is wrong.
More so, he has not done even half enough to deserve the second term.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by IYANGBALI: 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
if na joke make una stop am o,una want make my bank account remain like this for 8 years? God forbid bad thing,8 years ko, 8 yams ni

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by nduchucks: 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf:

Jonathan is serving his [b]first [/b]term constitutionally.
The only people who would take your arguments seriously are those who either believe in unsubstantiated rumours or base their decisions on sentiment.

This is a constitutional grey area. There is nothing rumorous about it and you better hope that it is not challeged in court and that the supreme court does not rule against GEJ's second term bid.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Beaf: 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

This is a constitutional grey area. There is nothing rumorous about it and you better hope that it is not challeged in court and that the supreme court does not rule against GEJ's second term bid.

Sir, it is a grey area only to dolts; that is why with all the huffing and puffing, nobody has seen fit to challenge it in court. No serious person wants to appear as a jester to be publicly laughed out of court by a judge.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by nduchucks: 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
Beaf:

Sir, it is a grey area only to dolts; that is why nobody has seen fit to challenge it in court. No serious person wants to appear as a jester to be publicly laughed out of court by a judge.

The timing is not right for a challenge. Do you have any information to support that GEJ will be a candidate in 2015? GEJ is not quite bold enough to make such an announcement at this point. As for your "dolt" remark, countless of folks had that point of view only to end up hugging transformers after losing in court.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by wirinet(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
GEJ and his supporters do not have any shame at all. When he was seeking support from other sections of Nigeria and the international community to become Nigeria's president, he stood before the whole world and promised that he would only seek one term if elected into office http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12339017, but now that he has consolidated power he has conveniently forgotten his promise. I wonder if other nigerians have forgotten aslo.

If GEJ cannot be trusted to keep a simple promise, how can he be trusted on campaign promises.

GEJ has constitutional right to seek a second term but he lacks the moral rights to do so.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Beaf: 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The timing is not right for a challenge. Do you have any information to support that GEJ will be a candidate in 2015? GEJ is not quite bold enough to make such an announcement at this point. As for your "dolt" remark, countless of folks had that point of view only to end up hugging transformers after losing in court.

I stand by my dolt remark. By the way, the usual clown that the Atiku's, and IBB's of the core-North use in such matters has already gone to court; but he is used to losing all his cases, so its no event. I repeat that no sensible person would take the matter any further than beer palour punditry, jokes and inane banter.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by scriptwizz: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2012
Koolking: Geez! This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a century now. Continue to support mediocrity and stark incompetency?. Did I hear economy has improved under GEJ? What improved the economy? Is it the moribund infrastructures? Dearth in supply of electricity, that has become a virtual dream? Is it the improved security that threaten investment? Licensed corruption? Unpatriotism of Nigerians garnished by lost of faith in leadership? Where is this improvement coming from?

Please, someone confuse convince me?

common shut up!
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by nduchucks: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Beaf, to be honest with you, I am not against GEJ. If he performs and he is successful in his first term, I will use my own resources to help him return to power. I am willing to wait and see how the power situation is improved in 2-3years. The world already knows that our economy is poised to be in the top 20 by the end of the decade at the rate its growing.

My worry is the security issue, I just don't think GEJ has done enough. He has not been as agressive as one would have hoped. Why is he still shielding the sponsors of terrorism within his administration? He had told us that he knows them. Why??
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Ayoobscom(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
why won't Nigerian support GEJ for another 4 years

of cause so that:

more people can die

more billions can be stolen

another 9omillion children can drop out of school

so that food insecurity can increase

of cause why won't we....we will
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Koolking(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
scriptwizz:

common shut up!

Thank you sir. For record purpose, I don't exert energy with androids
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Pennywise(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2012
If Jonathan stays in Aso rock another 4yrs, there will be no Nigeria. We will have utter chaos. We are already losing the sense of Nigeria being a state. Foreign media frequently refer to Jonathan these days as Nigeria's 'weak central Govt'
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by simpleseyi: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2012
So sad that everything we do is based on sentiments, you want GEJ to continue because he is from the south. In the first instance you voted for GEJ because he is from the south despite the fact that he had no manifesto. Many of us even marry based on sentiments; probably because the man/woman attends the same church or is from the same tribe; after marriage you now regret it but you must save the marriage at all cost; so you are sad throughout the marriage. If you people give GEJ the priveledge of eating 3million naira food per day for another 4 years after this first unfortunate term, then I WILL CHANGE NATIONALITY TO TOGO and leave Nigeria for you people.
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by brainpulse: 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:
You could have done better by communicating your points without resorting to gutter language. You can easily be seen as one of those raised in a piggery( no offence intended)

Lemme just turn the table around and ask you this, do you communicate with your kids using those gutter words of yours? Certainly NOT.

Please respect the office of the president. Edit your post for a proper response. Thanks

^^^
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by brainpulse: 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2012
Capt.Barbosa:

Know this and know it for your Good, i don't queue at Aso rock for food, and i don't partake in any government corrupt practices.GEJ though president of Nigeria doesn't feed me nor cloth me, I work he eats my Tax. I don't and wouldn't lick his boot for a million dollar. He should respect the tax i pay with my sweat and get back to what miscreants voted him for, or lose the respect he doesn't earn. Your can cry out loud i care less Capt lick-boot.

I have being without light for 4 weeks, spend unproductive hours due to bad roads and traffic management, sleep with one eye because of security issues, had to ration water usage because no light to pump water, and you say i should.........You should better go and continue to wipe their ****** , because I know you wont pay tax for that
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by kunlekunle: 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
[/color]Jonathan is serving his first term constitutionally.
The only people who would take your arguments seriously are those who either believe in unsubstantiated rumours or base their decisions on sentimentcolor=#006600]

can you buttress your arguement from the constitution
Re: Jonathan Should Complete His 8 Years In Aso Rock- Capt. Barbosa. by Baawaa(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2012
1025: @O.P and supporters,
what you have done here can called a beautiful nonsense.
what do u call economically doing well? extorting additional N32 per litre of which 90% of nigerians are buying fuel for one reason or the other. the so-called economy improvement of nigeria is just another way of robbing peter to pay paul.
no normal investor can come to nigeria with the security situation. do not be deceived, under jonathan, u can point to over 1,000 fraud cases here and there yet u can't point to one single case of jail term. corruption is a thing on the rampage and you are here praising failures. name one multinational company in nigeria that is paying taxes to this govt and tell me how our refineries are doing.
i wonder how nigerians can be talking about eceonomy in a country where there is no electricity and no security.
if jonathan continues this way, our population will surely be reduced to half at the end of his 4 yrs tenure and if he goes for another 4, the country will turn to a burial ground.
a country without an airliner. look at mtn and dstv, south african companies managing nigeria and nigerians as our second colonial masters. ghana, where the whole world is seeing development don't come out to speak from the backside like this. na ur types even asked obasanjo and abacha to continue.
time don reach for efcc to ask jonathan's wife to return $13m to bayelsa ppl.

My brother dont mind them,they are useless politician,this is my prayer for them....Any power,spirit or personality that want Jonathan to rerun 2015 should fall down and die!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N360m Wike's Bribe: 14 Policemen To Testify Against 23 INEC Officials / Protest Ongoing In Bida Over Epileptic Power Supply (Photos) / Amended Electoral Bill Bar Ministers, Commissioners From Contesting In Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.