Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:16 PM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32496 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 7:41pm On Mar 31, 2012
Olodostein:

That is where the real problem lies. Our Eastern leaders are sell outs. It is time for a grass root movement to restructure things and to call them to order. Without such action, we will remain stagnant with no concrete infrastructure. We need to start scrutinizing them thoroughly, from the House of Rep members to Governors,etc.

It is going to be a tough battle, the question is, are we ready for the fight ahead?

I think that most of them are SELFISH. They are all angling for one political position at the center or another.
I read somewhere here that Peter Obi and Rochas Okorocha are being prepped for either Presido or VP in 2015 or beyond.
Meanwhile while they wait for that political elevation, our people keep dying on road accidents and armed robbery attacks along Lagos-Onitsha and Abuja -Onitsha routes.
We the youths of Igboland need to keep ourselves informed about who is doing what to better our collective lot.
Every governor keeping quiet over these critical infrastructure should never be allowed to represent us at the center.
If they cannot stand for us in need, they would NEVER be able to stand for us when they get there.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2012
Onlytruth: @Bliss4Lyf

I like the airports. For that quality of airports to happen in SE, we need PRIVATE capital. The only thing the FG needs to do for us is to designate those airports as international and then leave it to the various concerned states/areas to find concessionaires who would develop those types of airports and manage them for agreed number of years.
Let me tell you, if private investors are involved, it would soon become clear to everybody that those airport would end up being the busiest in Nigeria; all of them! cool

Very true. Public Private partnership surely is the future of all such venture. The idea is very good and practical in the long term.

I am curious as to where the current profits from the southeast oil wealth is invested. Surely projects such as these are worthy investment capable of generating further profits that would outlast the oil age in the long run.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Very true. Public Private partnership surely is the future of all such venture. The idea is very good and practical in the long term.

I am curious as to where the current profits from the southeast oil wealth is invested. Surely projects such as these are worthy investment capable of generating further profits that would outlast the oil age in the long run.

You support the 3 airport as well ? LOL
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
^^ Nothing wrong with the idea in the long-run if industries capable of making them busy are set up in the various regional parts of the southeast. i.e world class university in Enugu to attract students from other parts of Africa and the world.etc

Tourist resort in Oguta and imo state alongside a busy industrial sector in Aba. The idea is to get the traffic in the southeast very busy via global standard i.e London , New York style or encouraging people from all over the world, Africa and Nigeria to settle and invest in the east.

Since, Lagos don't want people, we do.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

You support the 3 airport as well ? LOL

alj_harem, you claim you are educated and you know Nigeria well, but when you ask certain questions, you come off as goofy.
I'm trying hard not to use words that would put you down on this Sunday.
The SE is the HEART of commerce, manufacturing and innovation in Nigeria. Personally, going by Nigeria's history, I would guess that the zone is the only one which has demonstrated an ability to do things that others have never done internationally, starting from being the zone that gave Nigeria her first world boxing champion, to first olympic gold medal, to first African champions cup, to first local auto manufacturing. I just listed a FEW.
That zone has about 30 -40 million people who are eager to move into the 21st century. It is not acceptable to us that Nigeria, a country of 160 million people has less number of international airports than countries with far less population. If SE where a separate country, the three won't even be enough!
So learn to share in our dreams and aspirations. We all don't have to be backwards in vision and development.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
Everybody dey build airport, but AGIPA are still dreaming.

SMH...

Well, at least you have the ribbon and ladder airport....

Ndo

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
And since the federal government is not expected to fund it, I wonder why some Nigerians can't just support the idea.
I would guess that if private sector is allowed to bid for them (after being so designated) they would conduct REAL survey to determine whether they would make profits on them or not. If they won't make profit, they would not invest in them. That is the main reason why I decided that this should not be a federal government project.
The viability will the determined by the investors. So, all these attempts to lament at the number is missing the point.
Let the designation happen first, and let things take their natural course.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
Eko ile is a NL legend!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

**Runs off the thread
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2012
Onlytruth:

alj_harem, you claim you are educated and you know Nigeria well, but when you ask certain questions, you come off as goofy.
The SE is the HEART of commerce, manufacturing and innovation in Nigeria. Personally, going by Nigeria's history, I would guess that the zone is the only one which has demonstrated an ability to do things that others have never done internationally, starting from being the zone that gave Nigeria her first world boxing champion, to first olympic gold medal, to first African champions cup, to first local auto manufacturing. I just listed a FEW.
That zone has about 30 -40 million people who are eager to move into the 21st century. It is not acceptable to us that Nigeria, a country of 160 million people has less number of international airports than countries with far less population. If SE where a separate country, the three won't even be enough!
So learn to share in our dreams and aspirations. We all don't have to be backwards in vision and development.

Stop it Eze,

yes Anambra has potentials but having 3 international airport in an area of some few square miles is outrageous to say the very least.

If South east separate from the Nation, 3 is still too much. A complete waste of funds that could be used for something better.

Have 1 international airport in the important State like Anambra, then the money for the remaining 2 could be used to build a very effective transport system (whichever train, bus, tram etc). the remaining change could even be used to support local industries and universities to be able to provide the necessary working professionals a healthy nation would need.

The sound of 3 international airports all at once is ridiculous and you know it.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2012
And when you see certain people coming here to poopoo the idea, it simply tells any intelligent Igbo that they are REALLY afraid of what they WILL lose if these airports come to be.
That is why any sane Igbo should be determined to have these airports up and running.
Our future is in OUR hands!
Nuff said. cool
I'll be back later. cool cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: ^^ Nothing wrong with the idea in the long-run if industries capable of making them busy are set up in the various regional parts of the southeast. i.e world class university in Enugu to attract students from other parts of Africa and the world.etc

Tourist resort in Oguta and imo state alongside a busy industrial sector in Aba. The idea is to get the traffic in the southeast very busy via global standard i.e London , New York style or encouraging people from all over the world, Africa and Nigeria to settle and invest in the east.

Since, Lagos don't want people, we do.

Who told you about lagos don't want etc, You take Nairaland too serious I tell you.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
Onlytruth:

Lagos is to Nigeria what California is to the U.S.A, Onatrio to Canada, Guangdong to China, Bavaria to Germany etc. So, how is the SE the heart of commerce, manufacturing and innovation in Nigeria? It could be in your fantasy though.

And FYI, Innoson is not the first company in Nigeria to make vehicles from CKD parts. Volksvagen and Peugeot have done it (in Lagos & Kaduna) with substantial local inputs as well.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2012
^

You must be out of your mind. Innoson produces complete vehicle at his plant in Nnewi Anambra state.

See the production process.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2012
one.east:
^

You must be out of your mind. Innoson produces complete vehicle at his plant in Nnewi Anambra state.

See the production process.

I laugh in Abiriba dialect. If you have enough money, you too can have one.east brand of vehicles plying the roads of iboland. May God bless China and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
This is the first of its kind in African originating from Anambra state Nigeria. Go figure.

If you are one of this Yoruba people seeking attension am no gonna give it to you. By the way what has Yorubas contributed to the economic development of Nigeria except incest? grin cool

Am sure this link will help also: cool

http://afripol.org/afripol/item/176-president-jonathan-opens-first-private-car-plant-in-nigeria.html

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2012
one.east:
This is the first of its kind in African originating from Anambra state Nigeria. Go figure.

If you are one of this Yoruba people seeking attension am no gonna give it to you. By the way what has Yorubas contributed to the economic development of Nigeria except incest? grin cool

You can tell that to other gullible ibos like yourself. What I actually seek is for you remove your head from the sand and shine your eyes
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

You can tell that to other gullible ibos like yourself. What I actually seek is for you remove your head from the sand and shine your eyes

I think its you and your incestuous tribe that should shine their eye. You eddioots are just dying of envy. yeye tribe. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

Stop it Eze,

yes Anambra has potentials but having 3 international airport in an area of some few square miles is outrageous to say the very least.

If South east separate from the Nation, 3 is still too much. A complete waste of funds that could be used for something better.

Have 1 international airport in the important State like Anambra, then the money for the remaining 2 could be used to build a very effective transport system (whichever train, bus, tram etc). the remaining change could even be used to support local industries and universities to be able to provide the necessary working professionals a healthy nation would need.

The sound of 3 international airports all at once is ridiculous and you know it.

I think I support the highlighted.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2012
one.east:

I think its you and your incestuous tribe that should shine their eye. You eddioots are just dying of envy. yeye tribe. cool

Everybody is envious of your monkey arse. Why should I be envious of loud, ignorant and criminal minded people?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

Everybody is envious of your monkey arse. Why should I be envious of loud, ignorant and criminal minded people?

Motherfacker eddiots, if you are not envious of the brightest minded people in Africa- Igbos, then what are you doing on this thread? Anuofia.

Why not open your mgbati primitive yorooba usual thread and see if any sound Igbo will comment on your juju fetish topics.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2012
C'mon don't turn this to yoruba igbo thread.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
one.east:

Motherfacker eddiots, if you are not envious of the brightest minded people in Africa- Igbos, then what are you doing on this thread? Anuofia.

Why not open your mgbati primitive yorooba usual thread and see if any sound Igbo will comment on your juju fetish topics.

I am here because you are highly dubious and deceptive characters. You wouldn't tell a simple truth to save your miserable life. Do you think you are addressing your gullible villagers when you make outrageous claims to boost your non existent ego?

What am I doing on your thread? Brain dead monkey, you make me laugh!

The father of the internet story is still fresh in our minds and you are already building another castle of lies!!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by AndreUweh(m): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

I am here because you are highly dubious and deceptive characters. You wouldn't tell a simple truth to save your miserable life. Do you think you are addressing your gullible villagers when you make outrageous claims to boost your non existent ego?

The father of the internet story is still fresh in our minds and you are already building another castle of lies!!
It's high time you quit tribalism in totality
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2012
The Yoruba monster is on rampage. grin cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

You must be a dreaded monster to think that the starts and ends with your fetish village of yorubaland. You need to leave your dirty enclave to be able to appreciate technological advancements made by other regions. ewu

I will repost this link:

http://afripol.org/afripol/item/176-president-jonathan-opens-first-private-car-plant-in-nigeria.html

Maybe your moronic daftness nature could not allow to view it, im.b.ec.i.l.e.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2012
Andre Uweh:
It's high time you quit tribalism in totality

You are right my brother, isn't it about time we all do? Maybe you can advise these guys to tone down the deceptive rhetoric?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
one.east:

You must be a dreaded monster to think that the starts and ends with your fetish village of yorubaland. You need to leave your dirty enclave to be able to appreciate technological advancements made by other regions. ewu

I will repost this link:

Maybe your moronic daftness nature could not allow to view it, im.b.ec.i.l.e.

What will it take to convince you that you don't have to lie and make deceitful statements for anybody to appreciate what Innoson's owner is trying to achieve. You are not helping him by resorting to blatant lies and distortions. It may work when you put a made in Germany label on a pill you made in your kitchen, but not a serious and conspicuous business like Auto manufacturing.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
@Aigbofa

You accuse others of lying but you are the one really lying here and trying your best to deflect the truth behind this thread. If you are interested in TRUTH, you would want to know why you are so riled up against these projects that has NOTHING to do with your region; projects that a governor in your region is also pushing for his own state (the lekki international airport). If a private sector funded lekki international airport is good for Lagos, why is Onitsha international airport, or Enugu international airport, or Owerri international airport, irking you so much? Why are you so angry at this idea since you apparently are unaffected by it? When did it become a crime to envision a bold and aggressive future for my own region? When you answer these questions, you would see that your concern is NOT about the viability of the airports?

I believe that all liars are hell-bound (if that means anything to you). cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2012
Onlytruth: @Aigbofa

You accuse others of lying but you are the one really lying here and trying your best to deflect the truth behind this thread. If you are interested in TRUTH, you would want to know why you are so riled up for projects that has NOTHING to do with your region; projects that a governor in your region is also pushing for his own state (the lekki international airport). If a private sector funded lekki international airport is good for Lagos, why is Onitsha international airport, or Enugu international airport, or Owerri international airport, irking you so much? Why are you so angry at this idea since you apparently are unaffected by it? When did it become a crime to envision a bold and aggressive future for my own region? When you answer these questions, you would see that your concern is NOT about the viability of the airports?

I believe that all liars are hell-bound (if that means anything to you). cool

I notice how you could not Object to my suggestion. Mazi Eze, you need to think things through more before suggesting it to your followers.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2012
alj harem:

I notice how you could not Object to my suggestion. Mazi Eze, you need to think things through more before suggesting it to your followers.

I have thought it through (believe it or not). I happen to have BIG BOLD ambition for my region and my people.
My people Ndigbo are like a crawling plant (yam plant, bean plant etc); we MUST climb, whether you like it or not. If you allow us to build stakes on which to climb, we will produce food for everybody. If you deny us stakes to climb upon, we will crawl and choke every plant in the farm, and you would have a TERRIBLE harvest.
Nigeria is yet to lean this lesson. That is why you keep attacking us in your North and yoruba's hate us living in the west even though they tolerate us. We are not supposed to live in such large numbers outside our region. What you see is a product of that denial of our rights to build stakes for ourselves. That is why every lover of justice, peace and truth must support us Ndigbo as we build those stakes. If you don't, we will likely disintegrate Nigeria, or fight a war in those regions where we live in large numbers. You have no choice. So, choose peace, fairness and justice because everybody wins. Nuff said. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by oneeast: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2012
Aigbofa:

What will it take to convince you that you don't have to lie and make deceitful statements for anybody to appreciate what Innoson's owner is trying to achieve. You are not helping him by resorting to blatant lies and distortions. It may work when you put a made in Germany label on a pill you made in your kitchen, but not a serious and conspicuous business like Auto manufacturing.

Now I know you need more than just education on NL. Which country produces every part in a car? At least Innoson produces more that 95% of what he needs in manufacturing the vehicle locally.

Do you think Mr President came to Anambra just to commission the usual owambe nonsense Yoruba stuff? He came to commission the vehicle manufacturing plant first of it kind in Africa. Why not get it right instead of fooling your dirty self on NL. I think I need to call on Freecocoa to come and murder you as usual.

Maybe the below will get you to your feet to understand that Innoson is more than a mere manufacturing plant which is being sought abroad.

"If recent developments at Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM) are enough foretaste of what the future holds for the Nnewi-based auto plant, then it is well on the way to becoming the corporate version of the biblical prophet that is respected more abroad than at home.

Though production is yet to gather full momentum, the plant and the vehicles that have so far rolled off the production lines have been attracting attention from the ECOWAS sub-regional markets, particular Ghana which last week sent a top-level delegation to Nnewi, to discuss business with the management of Innoson."

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/motoring/2010/july/30/motoring-07-30-2010-001.htm

You know, you yoroobas are too primitive and backward to believe that vehicle could be manufactured in Nigeria. Igbos are countries ahead of you monsters. Go figure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

PDP Convention: Kadade Sulaiman Becomes PDP National Youth Leader / Why Was Major-gen. Mamman Vatsa Killed? / Senate Passes 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.