Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32564 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:28am On Apr 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

lol, Eze Onlytruthpea sized brain, in his infinite wisdom, has declared that only Igbos understand, can speak, or write Igbo!! ALL hail the Eze. e be like say e dey pain you say I understand Igbo small. The one thing I have in common with Ikemba is the ability to understand and speak Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo, try to learn those languages as well. You will be surprised how many doors it would open for you. Mumu smiley

I can state unequivocally that YOU CANNOT SPEAK OR WRITE IGBO. cool

Every Igbo word you have ever typed on Nairaland, has been written for you by that Igbo goat attached to you (won't say more for now).
But tell him/her that the spirit of dead Igbo will pay his/her family a visit soon. All the families that I know that sabotaged Igbo cause in Nigeria never endured. They were deleted by the spirits of dead Igbo. I don't say things I don't know. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 12:33am On Apr 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

I can state unequivocally that YOU CANNOT SPEAK OR WRITE IGBO. cool

Every Igbo word you have ever typed on Nairaland, has been written for you by that Igbo goat attached to you (won't say more for now).
But tell him/her that the spirit of dead Igbo will pay his/her family a visit soon. All the families that I know that sabotaged Igbo cause in Nigeria never endured. They were deleted by the spirits of dead Igbo. I don't say things I don't know. cool

You, uncivilized baboon need to make up your mind whether you are serving Jesus or Okija shrine gods. You quote Psalm 144 on the one hand and express your belief in evil spirits on the other. I weep for you mumu.

One thing I am sure of is that my Igbo will continue to improve whether you like it or not.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:36am On Apr 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You, uncivilized baboon need to make up your mind whether you are serving Jesus or Okija shrine gods. You quote Psalm 144 on the one hand and express your belief in evil spirits. I weep for you mumu.

One thing I am sure of is that my Igbo will continue to improve whether you like it or not.

So, since when did a turbaned ISLAMIC EXTREMIST become Christian enough to understand the most basic law of Christianity?
The only Christian you love is one that is dead! cool

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:40am On Apr 03, 2012
BTW ndu_chucks, e be like say your Igbo snitch don fear! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell him that this curse will stick with him until he repents and stops defeating the dreams and aspirations of his own people. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by nduchucks: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2012
oro bobo yi ti su mi(your condition don tire me). cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 12:47am On Apr 03, 2012
So, umu Igbo ibem cool, we need these airports to enable us grab our future by the throat!
These airports will give us almost every international business connection to move our land into the 21st century.
Understandably, some parts of Nigeria may lose our population as a result, but how long should we continue to allow our destiny to be stolen by destiny thieves?
Onye kwe, chi ya ekwe!

Yes, we can! cool cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by pazienza(m): 1:20am On Apr 03, 2012
Eze,you are full of wisdom,but you can't influence much from america,we need igbo men like you as our political representatives in this country. The issues you raised on this thread were right on point,3 international airports is not too much to ask for,all we need from the government is to designate them as such, we once built a local airport,we can build an international one.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by pazienza(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2012
Dede1:

Based on my personal experience, there are good numbers of Igbo people in Cameroon. A Cameroonian friend once told me that if Ndigbo would live Cameroon today, the economy of the country will go south. He added that all the markets from Kumba to Yaounde are controlled by Ndigbo. It is not true the Cameroonians can not tell Igbo from Efik, Ijo or Ibibio. Most Cameroonians would stretch to any corner to have an Igbo woman for a wife.
Gosh! If only biafra was not defeated,am sure that we would be controling the economies of half of Africa by now or at least 2/5. But all is not lost,with men like onlytruth still amongst us,we could yet accomplish that dream,it is our destiny,the fall of biafra only delayed it.We just need to get rid of clueless leaders that we have now,and we need to do it fast.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by noiseless: 1:46am On Apr 03, 2012
Take it easy man, we are not seeking to control anyones economy in africa or anywhere, rather we want only the cance to develope and control our economy but if others wish then we can partner with them, so let others control theirs all we ever wanted is the chance to develope whats ours and have a say in it.
pazienza:
Gosh! If only biafra was not defeated,am sure that we would be controling the economies of half of Africa by now or at least 2/5. But all is not lost,with men like onlytruth still amongst us,we could yet accomplish that dream,it is our destiny,the fall of biafra only delayed it.We just need to get rid of clueless leaders that we have now,and we need to do it fast.
Take it easy man, we are not seeking to control anyones economy in africa or anywhere, rather we want only the cance to develope and control our economy but if others wish then we can partner with them, so let others control theirs all we ever wanted is the chance to develope whats ours and have a say in it.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by PointB: 1:54am On Apr 03, 2012
Very insightful thread. I will also like to throw my weight in favour of the arguments propounded by Eze OnlyTruth that the SE Region of Nigeria needs 3 International Airports. In addition to a functional Onitsha River port, inter-state rail network is also a must for the SE region.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by noiseless: 1:54am On Apr 03, 2012
This SNIFFER PIG/JANJANWIID MURDERER won't you go and pray to "Allah to send you another otman/usama bin dan fool?
ndu_chucks:

lol, Eze Onlytruthpea sized brain, in his infinite wisdom, has declared that only Igbos understand, can speak, or write Igbo!! ALL hail the Eze. e be like say e dey pain you say I understand Igbo small. The one thing I have in common with Ikemba is the ability to understand and speak Yoruba, Hausa, and Igbo, try to learn those languages as well. You will be surprised how many doors it would open for you. Mumu smiley
This SNIFFER PIG/JANJANWIID MURDERER won't you go and pray to "Allah to send you another otman/usama bin dan fool?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by pazienza(m): 2:25am On Apr 03, 2012
noiseless: Take it easy man, we are not seeking to control anyones economy in africa or anywhere, rather we want only the cance to develope and control our economy but if others wish then we can partner with them, so let others control theirs all we ever wanted is the chance to develope whats ours and have a say in it.Take it easy man, we are not seeking to control anyones economy in africa or anywhere, rather we want only the cance to develope and control our economy but if others wish then we can partner with them, so let others control theirs all we ever wanted is the chance to develope whats ours and have a say in it.
Well,i don't think those igbos in cameroun and other african countries will agree with you,the aim of every business man is to expand,dominate the market,and make more profits.

Anyway,lets not derail this thread,i don't think Eze will be happy if we do.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:23am On Apr 03, 2012
pazienza: Eze,you are full of wisdom,but you can't influence much from america,we need igbo men like you as our political representatives in this country. The issues you raised on this thread were right on point,3 international airports is not too much to ask for,all we need from the government is to designate them as such, we once built a local airport,we can build an international one.

Thank you my brother.
Yes we can, and we must! cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:24am On Apr 03, 2012
noiseless: This SNIFFER PIG/JANJANWIID MURDERER won't you go and pray to "Allah to send you another otman/usama bin dan fool? This SNIFFER PIG/JANJANWIID MURDERER won't you go and pray to "Allah to send you another otman/usama bin dan fool?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Obiagu1(m): 3:38am On Apr 03, 2012
anyi ga agariri n'iru
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 3:46am On Apr 03, 2012
Obiagu1: anyi ga agariri n'iru

O di nma nwanne! Anyi ga agariri n'iru!

Please note my real reply. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by londoner: 4:12am On Apr 03, 2012
What is actually needed Nigeria wide is a better port, road and train transport system. What is also needed are world class storage systems and dependable electricity so that these goods, if perishable can last longer even in transportation. There is no need for three international airports in the east, especially as many Nigerian business men and women are focused on the home market.

You need regional airports of good standard to allow transport of goods and persons between commercial states, and also more affordable ticket prices.

I think maybe business people in the east should look inward to further develop the alternative commercial hot spots in the region. They may be overlooking their own backyard at the moment.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 4:16am On Apr 03, 2012
This thread is still alive

Nwanne, biko kill this thread daalu.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 4:21am On Apr 03, 2012
bittyend: This thread is still alive

Nwanne, biko kill this thread daalu.

The thread is alive and well because it address issues of concern affecting real people.
It will die when it has completed its natural course.
You cannot kill it, even if you try. wink
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by debosky(m): 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
Onlytruth:

So, in your demented opinion, COMMUNITY project funded by everybody and publicly owned, is now a PRIVATE INVESTMENT?

It is a private investment simply because government funds were not used to build it - if you are unable to distinguish between ownership and investment, I can't help you.

It's like saying because the PTA built a lecture theatre and donated it to a school, but because it is owned by the school, the theatre isn't private investment.

There may be different types of private investment, but community funded projects are still private - i.e. not government funds.

When you fail at simple logic, you cannot be expected to make rational arguments at any point in time.

Dude what are you smoking please?
Are you a Nigerian?
Do you know how much political power and influence over the federal government of Nigeria with has been enjoyed by Sokoto, and for how long?
Do you even know that Owerri would pull a higher number of fliers even LOCALLY (than Sokoto), yet the Federal government did not build the airport at Owerri.
Did you even finish secondary school? I think I should throw you into the illiterate bunch I ignore on Nairaland. sad

Don't change arguments like someone suffering from attention deficit syndrome - this discussion was about international airports correlating to international businesses, not local airports. Answering simply Yes or No, can you show a correlation between the international airport in Sokoto and 'international class business'? Can you make such correlation for Maiduguri, Minna or Katsina International Airports?

If you can't focus on a simple question but keep going off on wild tangents, how will anyone take your ramblings seriously?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2012
debosky:

It is a private investment simply because government funds were not used to build it - if you are unable to distinguish between ownership and investment, I can't help you.

It's like saying because the PTA built a lecture theatre and donated it to a school, but because it is owned by the school, the theatre isn't private investment.

There may be different types of private investment, but community funded projects are still private - i.e. not government funds.

When you fail at simple logic, you cannot be expected to make rational arguments at any point in time.

Okay dude, this is the last lesson I would give you, and then you must return to school.
The simple answer is YES, because the school remains a PUBLIC school(if the school were a private school, the story would be different of course). As long as the proceeds from the theater is not going to a private firm as profits from the investment, it remains a PUBLIC resource. No more, no less.

Don't change arguments like someone suffering from attention deficit syndrome - this discussion was about international airports correlating to international businesses, not local airports. Answering simply Yes or No, can you show a correlation between the international airport in Sokoto and 'international class business'? Can you make such correlation for Maiduguri, Minna or Katsina International Airports?

If you can't focus on a simple question but keep going off on wild tangents, how will anyone take your ramblings seriously?

Again, you are missing the point, and honestly I'm answering you here ONLY because I want the thread to continue for some days more. I never said that there MUST be a business need BEFORE a country decides to build an international airport anywhere, be it in Nigeria or abroad. Heck if a country is stoopid enough (or rich enough), she can build an international airport for the president's use alone. In Nigeria, the country (as a poor country) has been stoopid enough to build international airports for cities and regions with little or no need for them, or an economic sustainability potentials for them. That is why Nigeria is a backward country. All I'm really saying is that a wise country builds resources such as international airports to support the economy and expand the potentials within that economy. All the airports you listed were products of political rascality, economic irresponsibility and general squander-mania. BTW that is why I'm calling for the projects to be private investments. If they are, they would never happen if no one finds them profitable. I'm only doing this to avoid the usual Nigerian marginalization of my region.
I also won't want a project that is not self sustaining.
In my own case I advocate for airports in a sub region that has demonstrated enough vibrancy and economic potentials, to drag the dead wood country into the 21st century. That's all I'm saying.
Like my icon the great Ikemba would say, "Is that clear now?". grin
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
My hunch tells me that such projects would likely be by private-public partnership anyway.
So, let's get the approvals first and take it from there!

Here I stand. cool cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by yarodin: 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
Onlytruth, the idea you are bringing up is a great idea but the problem is that Nigeria or the SE is not ready for such right now. Yes, in America the airports are utilized to their full capacity that is why you have airports basically in every city in America. For example the Bayarea has three airports in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose Airport, and they have flights constantly. Mind you these airports are basically an hour basically apart combined. What should be done is upgrade and utilize what we already have in the SE and as the demand grows more airports can be built. What we need to do is improve security, the highways and roads, and ELECTRICITY and the rest will fall in place. For example the business men from Onitsha or Nnewi can utilize the airports at Enugu or Asaba (I believe one was been built), Owerri airport can even come into play if those two get congested.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2012
Onlytruth: My hunch tells me that such projects would likely be by private-public partnership anyway.
So, let's get the approvals first and take it from there!

Here I stand. cool cool cool

Ofcourse we must get there Nwanne mu. Anambra has already got approval from FG to construct Cargo/Passenger Airport, am sure FG will be forced to tag it international status, it will benefit the economic activities in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka, Kogi, Nsukka and beyond. Am aware that the Anambra International airport will be done via PPP because Orient Petroleum is already part of the construction. Then and again we need Enugu airport to be upgraded to serve the extended part of east.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2012
chino11:

Ofcourse we must get there Nwanne mu. Anambra has already got approval from FG to construct Cargo/Passenger Airport, am sure FG will be forced to tag it international status, it will benefit the economic activities in Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka, Kogi, Nsukka and beyond. Am aware that the Anambra International airport will be done via PPP because Orient Petroleum is already part of the construction. Then and again we need Enugu airport to be upgraded to serve the extended part of east.

If they've had approval, what is holding them back at this point? I guess capital is the issue, anyway, on the comment you made "FG will be forced to tag it International status", IMO in as long as these airports meets the strict ICAO standards of certification in it's class, and I mean ALL aspects, then FG tagging it international is though important but not relevant.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2012
manny4life:

If they've had approval, what is holding them back at this point? I guess capital is the issue, anyway, on the comment you made "FG will be forced to tag it International status", IMO in as long as these airports meets the strict ICAO standards of certification in it's class, and I mean ALL aspects, then FG tagging it international is though important but not relevant.

Please can you explain the bolded more? I thought that FG holds the key to international airport classification.
Am I wrong with that assumption?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 6:28am On Apr 05, 2012
The more I research it, the more I reach the conclusion that Onitsha deserves an international airport on it own merit.
This city is big and growing fast. It needs international class urban planning, the skills level of which is non-existant in Nigeria.
This city needs DIRECT international interaction.
It is a latent MEGA city. cool

It is an open sore on Nigeria's conscience (assuming there is any, lol) if it doesn't get its deserved international airport.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 6:30am On Apr 05, 2012
^^
The picture above shows "Head brigde Market", with "Fegge" township to the far upper right of it.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 6:39am On Apr 05, 2012
The Onitsha main market is perhaps the densest market in Nigeria. The amount of cash exchanging hands in this market dwarfs most in other Nigerian markets. cool
Here is the Bright Street view.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Onlytruth(m): 6:41am On Apr 05, 2012
But this is Onitsha GRA (Niger drive specifically).

So, it is a city of countrasts

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 05, 2012
^ezeuche do you see those skyscrpers lol tho its individual four to five storeys, that's how
Nkpor(part of onitsha looks like) do you have any pict of nkpor like that view. I think all
Onitsha and environment needs is good roads with some basics amenities like water and light,
Then leave the rest for the private and see what will happen. I have so much hope in that city
and for sure I will make my own mark when the time comes
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by manny4life(m): 10:41am On Apr 05, 2012
Onlytruth:

Please can you explain the bolded more? I thought that FG holds the key to international airport classification.
Am I wrong with that assumption?

Eze, you're somewhat right; however, though the Sovereign Government of a nation holds the sole authority to grant preliminary license and approval plans to build and design, and operate an airport, however, ALL airports which are designated for international purposes (international flights and cargo etc) must be classified and pass certification standard test by the International Civil Aviation Organization. That a government classifies its airports and or adds "international" to its name doesn't mean the airport is an internationally ICAO certified airport, however, when ICAO does finally grant certification, classification does come with it.

In other words, regardless of what the home government classifies or tags the airport, EVERY and ALL international airports must earn the right by ICAO to be called international. U.S and Europe, Asia and Middle East International airports have ICAO designations and classes they belong to. Take it like someone who spent their investment going to law school or medical school, at the end of the day, when you graduate, you still have to go through the rigorous testing, licensing, or certification process of passing your bar exams or your medical board exams. Now some professional boards will have different classifications for their members. You went to law school don't mean you can practice law, you have to earn the right to be called a lawyer/attorney by passing your bar exams, same rule applies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Transition Committee Begins Sitting / Buhari Travels To China With 4 Governors, 4 Senators, 9 Ministers / Communities Where Residents Use Same River For Cooking, Drinking and Defecating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.