Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Who Is The "Next Of Kin" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The "Next Of Kin" (9056 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by nath01(m): 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
hello my people.....there was great argument in my office yesterday on who should be next of kin.one party believe that it should be one's child and another party said it should be one's spouse.what is your own contribution to this as per the correct one.comments are welcome....
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Nabilah: 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
I guess it depends on your family and age, for me it's one of my siblings.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by nath01(m): 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Nabilah...are you married? if yes what about your spouse or child?
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by nath01(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
nath01: @Nabilah...are you married? if yes what about your spouse or child?
yes o...
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Silencer1: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
My husband of course! kiss
Let the children go and work for their own.
No 'Debe Ojukwus' please! kiss
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by greatgod2012(f): 12:51am On Jan 07, 2013
We both use each other.

Some believe its their first child, but each to his/her own. Its my hubby anyday!
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by CrazyMan(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2013
If you're single, then your immediate sibling should be ok...if you're married, your wife or first son is also ok.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by aadetoyin(f): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2013
Before I got married, I use my Mum ;DBefore I got married, I use my Mum. Then afta marriage na my hubby I dey use na and he does the same.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by imeller: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Next of Kin I believe should be based on circumstances- For a Married man, it should be his Spouse unless the case where the Spouse is late; then the First Son could take Over.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by 2million1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
since 28 march 2012 na now this topic d make homepage...dis mod wicked o

10 Likes

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Adufaye(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
if u r nt married,ur siblins,if u r married,ur 1st child....!
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Dygeasy(m): 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
When my dad was alive, I was his even tho I was less than 10years old.

Now my elder sister is my next of kin since I'm still unmarried.

When I'm married, it'd be my wife then my first Son when he is of age!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Davijunson: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2013
Depends on d individual n who he/she wants as d next of kin(could b anybody)...but as for me, it's my only sister.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
If your wife is still alive.. Then it MUST be her.. If she is dead, then na you sabi.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nath01, did u use juju on mod,how did yu made front page after opening thread since march 2012
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by samwash(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
When u are unmarried u can use any of ur sliblings.When u are married u can use either ur child or ur spouse.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by juliuskay(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
A used passe goft 3 for seal call 08099778350 for details
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
That reminds me, I used my father and sister for my next of kin. I need to change it to spouse and kids.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin: That reminds me, I used my father and sister for my next of kin. I need to change it to spouse and kids.

Typical Naija woman... tongue
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Oahray: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
2 million: since 28 march 2012 na now this topic d make homepage...dis mod wicked o
lmao! I think say na only me notice b4 o grin
its not a small something.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Typical Naija woman... tongue

Wetin I do na! Na wah o.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by boron10(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
Obviously some people don't know what 'next of kin' means. Like seriously, someone actually used her mum as her next of kin

I used to think that age is a factor in choosing one's next of kin. What's the need of having a next of kin that is likely to die before you(ceteris paribus)?

It is ideal to use one's child(if any) or younger sibling. In the case where either of these is not available, then the next sensible choice should be the spouse. IMO
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Okijajuju1(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2013
Vikin:

Wetin I do na! Na wah o.

So na now you remember say you no use your husband as next of kin... angry

Yet when ehn die and ehn family come to collect ehn property, you go start to jump like fowl wey hawk carry ehn pikin... grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by obicentlis: 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
My sister now, when am married, na my wife.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

So na now you remember say you no use your husband as next of kin... angry

Yet when ehn die and ehn family come to collect ehn property, you go start to jump like fowl wey hawk carry ehn pikin... grin
Lol, e Neva too Tay since we got together oh, too many things to do Sha...the kids ( I mean unborn kids o), but na small small....
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Okijajuju1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
boron10: Obviously some people don't know what 'next of kin'. Like seriously, someone actually used her mum as her next of kin

I used to think that age is a factor in choosing one's next of kin. What's the need of having a next of kin that is likely to die before you(ceteris paribus)?

It is ideal to use one's child(if any) or younger sibling. In the case where either of these are not available, then the next sensible choice should be the spouse. IMO

Do you realize the implication of what you just wrote?!

So when you die, your children immediately get all your shiit and you leave your wife at the mercies of her children or even worse, your younger brother..

Why didnt you marry your younger brother?!

When you die, you younger brother gets your estate. What about your wife?! She isnt worth inheriting you?!

Nna, you must have a 'beautiful mind'..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by alfredo4u(m): 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
Una sure say our moderator neva kolo? out dated post.
Kolomental, start to craze, who even sang it oh......ok na faze.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by himclfgud(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Myself grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Isiterere(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Seriously an confused here. I am the last born of the family . Who should be my next of kin ? ? Am still a bachelor...

1 Like

Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by boron10(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Do you realize the implication of what you just wrote?!

So when you die, your children immediately get all your shiit and you leave your wife at the mercies of her children or even worse, your younger brother..

Why didnt you marry your younger brother?!

When you die, you younger brother gets your estate. What about your wife?! She isnt worth inheriting you?!

Nna, you must have a 'beautiful mind'..

If she's not a bad mother, her children will take care of her. That she's my wife doesn't mean she won't be another man's wife when I die.

Besides, your 'will' should tell how your property is to be shared.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
Isiterere: Seriously an confused here. I am the last born of the family . Who should be my next of kin ? ?

For now, Your parents or whomever you like.
Re: Who Is The "Next Of Kin" by slimyem: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
boron10: Obviously some people don't know what 'next of kin' means. Like seriously, someone actually used her mum as her next of kin

It is ideal to use one's child(if any) or younger sibling. In the case where either of these is not available, then the next sensible choice should be the spouse. IMO
You are the one getting it twisted.
The issue is subjective,
I for one think your next of kin should be a trusted mature adult and whether the person is older than you or not should not matter.
My dad is and has always been my next of kin.smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs Of An Irresponsible Woman / I Need To Leave My Matrimonial Home / Exclusive Duvet Set At Affordable Price For Family Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.