Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,548 members, 7,801,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Kidnappers Take Over Warri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers Take Over Warri (8393 Views)

Kidnappers Demand N200m Ransom For Osun Speaker’s Wife / Saharareporters: Kidnappers Seize Son Of Court Of Appeal Judge, Iheme-nwosu / Investors Flee Anambra As Armed Robbers, Kidnappers Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Pennywise(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
To the uninformed Warri is the defacto capital of Delta State and the State Governor's home town. Kidnapping takes place in Warri day and night and as a matter of course. There is hardly any family in that small town that has not been affected one way or another by kidnapping. A lot of people will do anything right now to avoid Warri even if their livelihood comes from there. The IG's order that check points be disbanded was considered by many to be an opportunity for increased patrol by policemen. Whoosai. Rather it has aggravated a problem that has been brewing for months

Right now there is an exodus of people away from that town as rich and poor, women and children are getting kidnapped for money. How many people have to suffer humiliation and death before the Government intervenes. The state Government has had an unsavoury reputation since inception. This is an opportunity for self redemption as confidence in it is at an all time low.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by kokoA(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
They are protesting the conviction of their king Ibori.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Pennywise(m): 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
shooo. Na the women and children convict Ibori?

Warri on account of its geography is probably the easiest to police. There may be no more than 4 exits. Good communication, motivation, vehicles and availability with a chopper in the air can solve this problem. All these cant take more than a fraction of the state security vote. Everything comes down to willingness to confront the problem.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Abagworo(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
I'm surprised no media coverage has been given to this menace. My friend brought 8 cars belonging to him and 4 other guys from Warri to PH and they are all using public transport to avoid being targets. People are really suffering in Warri. Infact my friend is already looking for a cheap emergency accomodation in Port Harcourt. What is Uduaghan and the Police in Delta doing?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Callotti: 7:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
It looks like kidnappers have taken over the Eastern and Southern parts of Nigeria for the most parts.
The Western and Northern parts remain relatively less traumatized by such a menace.

Tells a lot!

Where do PARASITES live again?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by UYCO: 5:00am On Mar 29, 2012
Please stop blackmailing His Excellency the governor of Delta State, there is nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you a police man trying to lobby the federal government for police to return to check point. We don't need them, ever since they left the check point there has been peace in Warri. If they like let the sponsor kidnapping to justify their coming back, we will reject them. They should patrol the street and gather intelligence info.The army is at the three point exit from Warri, the police should do internal patrol and rapid response to distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs every day to reduce unemployment, most people now call him the job machine and you are here blackmailing him.It is unfair
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by dayokanu(m): 5:16am On Mar 29, 2012
Where is beaf to explain what Delta State has turned into
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 29, 2012
@UYCO, ur fada! U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ crase FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ all dose lies wey U̶̲̥̅̊ talk FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ here ˚˚˚°ºH ! I be warri boi & i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ stay waffi. †ЂΞ OP Ȋ̝̊̅§ very very correct! Warri has becom A̶̲̥̅ lion's den.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by emmke(m): 6:20am On Mar 29, 2012
funny just 8 posts. Bet if was the north, we should be in the 5th page.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by polokor60(m): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2012
UYCO: Please stop blackmailing His Excellency the governor of Delta State, there is nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you a police man trying to lobby the federal government for police to return to check point. We don't need them, ever since they left the check point there has been peace in Warri. If they like let the sponsor kidnapping to justify their coming back, we will reject them. They should patrol the street and gather intelligence info.The army is at the three point exit from Warri, the police should do internal patrol and rapid response to distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs every day to reduce unemployment, most people now call him the job machine and you are here blackmailing him.It is unfair
dude stop that your false impression that warri is not a kidnappers den.do u live in warri?have you ever come across these fine boys doing their business of kidnapping?everybody lives in fear in that warri of yours.about uduaghan creating employment.....i laugh in waffi....you forget say una get association of unemployed graduates for that una state,maybe na u be their presido,yeye just dey smell follow ur lie lie post.nonsense and ingredient
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Osama10(m): 6:52am On Mar 29, 2012
UYCO: Please stop blackmailing His Excellency the governor of Delta State, there is nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you a police man trying to lobby the federal government for police to return to check point. We don't need them, ever since they left the check point there has been peace in Warri. If they like let the sponsor kidnapping to justify their coming back, we will reject them. They should patrol the street and gather intelligence info.The army is at the three point exit from Warri, the police should do internal patrol and rapid response to distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs every day to reduce unemployment, most people now call him the job machine and you are here blackmailing him.It is unfair

This is so untrue my brother, me I be warri boy to the core.Recently I wanted to deliver some cars to my abode in warri my mum quickly refused bringing them to warri because of the situation there.Most of the time she uses public transport.The town is boiling.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by juman(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2012
Hope many graduates will be engaged in one job or the other before turning to crime.

If they turn to crime, the whole nation will cry. They are intelligent people.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by deandavid(m): 7:30am On Mar 29, 2012
juman: Hope many graduates will be engaged in one job or the other before turning to crime.

If they turn to crime, the whole nation will cry. They are intelligent people.
they are already turning to crime o my brother, everyday we hear different stories of kidnappin here and there. Dat warri guy claimin uduaghan is creating jobs in delta state, pls can u name 10 reasonable projects dat man has executed since he entered office. As i dy here so i dy find work, if he is truely has been creatin jobs, where them make i apply.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2012
emmke: funny just 8 posts. Bet if was the north, we should be in the 5th page.

And that is supposed to be where that hypocritical loud-mouthed BEAF hails from.Bunch of kidnappers and oil bunkerers !
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by chuks49(m): 7:32am On Mar 29, 2012

Go through your post again and see how stupid you can be, hopeless bas.tard.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by wesley80(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2012

If u no know wetin you go talk abeg blow whistle. The security situation in Warri is pathetic and very scary. You cant drive a decent car without gazing over your shoulders, everyone perceived to be doing well as gauged by the car u drive is a target and not just you but everyone in your household Including your wife and kids. The situation seems hopeless and is deteriorating by the minute.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by deandavid(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2012
everyday i pass through effurun, i see youths wasting away, looking for ways to collecting money from you for no reason, and somebody is saying the govt is creating jobs, na 4 Winsh?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by PLA1: 8:02am On Mar 29, 2012
Bud morning. I have once been a victim of this dastardly act in Warri. I knw wot I suffered physically, emotionally and financially. It will be unfair for anyone to say that Warri is safe. The kidnappers are all over the place. Security situation in the country as a whole is bad, but can be said to be terrible in the city of Warri. A few days back, a little boy (1yr 8months) was taken away from his dad just as they were about leaving their gate for his creche. Wot will a little boy of that age do to sumone to deserve that. He was release (actually dumped in a church building) after his parent paid about N2.3 m to them. This thing happens everyday, just that one wouldn't know until it gets close. When you see this boys, (kidnappers) you will agree that they are being sponsored or sent. Kidnapping in Warri (and maybe elsewhere) to me is sumone's business. Sumone out there living large on other peoples pain. And I am sure the security agents are aware of who & where they are. God will help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by ABsI1: 8:04am On Mar 29, 2012
Callotti: It looks like kidnappers have taken over the Eastern and Southern parts of Nigeria for the most parts.
The Western and Northern parts remain relatively less traumatized by such a menace.

Tells a lot!

Where do PARASITES live again?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2012
Warri is no longer safe, Period!!!!
Even while the checkpoints were still Iη existence, I witnessed two kidnappings and the soldiers could do nothing about it. Nigeria is Iη a mess and everybody has got to feed somehow...GEJ shuld better shelve all subsidy related talks and face the issue of unemployment @ hand
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by metaldude(m): 8:40am On Mar 29, 2012
Warri no dey carry last nah!
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by EACBLAZE: 8:42am On Mar 29, 2012
UYCO: you are a bloody liar, either you re attention seeker or one of those kidnappers. Warri has turn into something else, you can't go about again in a clean ride becos of fear of being kidnapped. just few days ago a man was kidnapped at WRPC and they were demanding over 150M as their ransom. and somebody is there opening his loud mouth and be talking rubbish.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by namdo(m): 8:42am On Mar 29, 2012
and incase the kidnappers are reading here: some members of the public also contributed some cash to join in encouraging the parents of the 1yr8months child that was kidnapped, and for this treatment of an innocent child those that kidnapped this child and their likes WILL DIE CHILDLESS IJN!!!

Warri is not safe as it is today. You sleep with one eye open and there is no guarantee that security operatives will come to your aid when you manage to get a call to them. it's that scary. Maybe members of governor's gang might sing his praise but may he receive the foresight to take far reaching actions to rid waffi of thieves and kidnappers ijn.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Detongue: 8:48am On Mar 29, 2012
Kidnapping in Warri, direct ur mouth to all d Urhobo's from Adeje, Agbarho, Effurun, Ughelli, etc. real Warri person nor dey tif or kidnap
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by babaowo: 8:53am On Mar 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

And that is supposed to be where that hypocritical loud-mouthed BEAF hails from.Bunch of kidnappers and oil bunkerers !
........its seems u know them wella,Pls why they love drinking ogogoro so early in d morning?
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by PLA1: 9:09am On Mar 29, 2012
Detongue: Kidnapping in Warri, direct ur mouth to all d Urhobo's from Adeje, Agbarho, Effurun, Ughelli, etc. real Warri person nor dey tif or kidnap

I disagree with U on this sir. Most of this boys are not even from Warri. (they always have a Warri person in the gang for planing and escape purposes). The guys I was with during my experience were all Esan speaking. That helpped though, cos I understand all they said during that period. I never gave them clue that I heard anything they said cos they might just get angry and end me there and then. So, I followed there instruction like a fool. Dat also gave me my convictions that they are sponsored by some larger than life folks out there. They were always reporting events to one particular "CHAIRMAN" and always speaking Esan.
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Suc4live(m): 9:30am On Mar 29, 2012
Detongue: Kidnapping in Warri, direct ur mouth to all d Urhobo's from Adeje, Agbarho, Effurun, Ughelli, etc. real Warri person nor dey tif or kidnap
guy agbarho pple can do so many gud/bad things but not kidnappin so die it there.....
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Omen100(m): 9:38am On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: @UYCO, ur fada! U̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ crase FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ all dose lies wey U̶̲̥̅̊ talk FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ here ˚˚˚°ºH ! I be warri boi & i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ stay waffi. †ЂΞ OP Ȋ̝̊̅§ very very correct! Warri has becom A̶̲̥̅ lion's den.

aboy, d poster dey more don correct joor, not only 4 warri dis tin 4 dey happen ooo, even Safi(sapele) is not left out, una remember watin happen last week 4 sapele? d killing of 10people wey dey enjoy demselves 4 inside beer parlor? sapele own na worst pass self, dem dey kidnap okadaman pekin self, when i call 2 ask some of my guy dat eun things in sapele, dem say nor b dem dey pull all d stunt 4 d town, dem say na some ijaw-guys dey do d shit. dem say d matter pass them self...
so we need to arrange ourselves..
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Omen100(m): 9:52am On Mar 29, 2012

u are a goat, say yes Sir.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by Ozonna(m): 9:56am On Mar 29, 2012
flanrey: Warri is no longer safe, Period!!!!
Even while the checkpoints were still Iη existence, I witnessed two kidnappings and the soldiers could do nothing about it. Nigeria is Iη a mess and everybody has got to feed somehow...GEJ shuld better shelve all subsidy related talks and face the issue of unemployment @ hand

Oga dis is not abt employment. Dese handsome brodas can't settle for a N200k a month job. Dey won't even respect dia bosses. Dese guys are militants,bunkerers,pirates,etc. Dey don't respect money, dey can blow N1m in a sitting wit guys and hoe.s.

However, employment will help in reducing crime, I'll want 2 blame uduaghan for dis. I'm sure dese handsome brodas have d blessings of Uduaghan. The downfall of dat man is @ hand
Re: Kidnappers Take Over Warri by ignis: 10:12am On Mar 29, 2012
emmke: funny just 8 posts. Bet if was the north, we should be in the 5th page.
i know dis heartless northerners will like to justify theirself, despite thousands of blood shed in the north. Mtsheeeeeeeww

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Emir Palace Guards Killed In Ghastly Auto Accident In Jigawa / Which African Country Would Buy An Aircraft Carrier First? / Wike Kick-start the construction of Elelenwo-akpajo-eleme Road. pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.