Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? (11033 Views)

5 Most Popular Daughters Of Nigerian Presidents / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by sexyverah(f): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2012
who cares? if them lik mak them wear rag or banana leaves.... do they knw hw mani masses r out dere that cant afford singlet
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by emsquare(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Ozegbe: Why cant they just wear suits for once? Is it because of their pot bellies. Are they afraid that they won't represent Africa well? Amaka why na....

We're Africans! Let rep it...
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Vergil: 12:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
America has no culture. Most of their cultures are as a result of settlers from other countries, during the British rule. They pretty much have similar cultures to the British. Why? Since North America was a settlement/colony of the British (french too, but that ended up a minority).

The suits are obviously British clothing. I honestly don't see anything wrong with Nigerian Presidents wearing Suits. Its become a formal "uniform", that pretty much most, if not all country leaders (who all have their own cultural clothes) wear. Take China, Japan, India, South Africa, Ghana etc...list is endless. Are we trying to say they aren't proud of their culture? No.

Nigerians are obviously a lil insecure, trying to act patriotic n all. Plzzzzzz.

Most of them might look funny in them anyway.

Y'all should grow up!
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Decryptor(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
bittyend:
Everyone speaks their language except the buffoons ruling us - and with a Goodluck Jonathan as President - Nigeria is officially a spooky country. undecided
Didnt u vote for him?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Machini(m): 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
nijanigga: Stupid people.Many of you don't know that they carry juju on thier bodies,no better ways to hide them than to wear those african clothes.
There is nothing wrong with adoring yourself in african attaire,but atleast once in a while try English men dress too.We tend to give more time to wearing clothes,than working for our people.

Are u serious? So y shuld they try English men dress once in a while?? Do d English men try ours once a while? Please b serious!
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by prettyboi1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2012
Proudly Nigerian forever & ever.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by prettyboi1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Vergil: America has no culture. Most of their cultures are as a result of settlers from other countries, during the British rule. They pretty much have similar cultures to the British. Why? Since North America was a settlement/colony of the British (french too, but that ended up a minority).

The suits are obviously British clothing. I honestly don't see anything wrong with Nigerian Presidents wearing Suits. Its become a formal "uniform", that pretty much most, if not all country leaders (who all have their own cultural clothes) wear. Take China, Japan, India, South Africa, Ghana etc...list is endless. Are we trying to say they aren't proud of their culture? No.

Nigerians are obviously a lil insecure, trying to act patriotic n all. Plzzzzzz.

Most of them might look funny in them anyway.

Y'all should grow up!
So because all those countries' leaders wear suits,it becomes mandatory that we too must join them? What's wrong with standing out? What's wrong with pace-setting? Can't you lead sometimes? Must we always follow? A very big part of the lives of Nigerians & Africans is spent & dedicated to always following & never creating our own things which is really bad & if just this little of our leaders wearing our own native attire breaks us out from ALWAYS copying & following other people & being ourselves & setting our own trends for other people to also admire & follow, I would recommend,applaud & ENCOURAGE IT ANYDAY.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Now does wearing suits makes them lesser as a Nigerian?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by stagger: 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
If not that Nigeria is linguistically heterogenous, are we not supposed to be speaking a native language such as the way the East Africans speak Swahili?

I cannot understand why some people prefer to be enslaved by their penchant for everything the white man throws at us.

First they gave us foreign names (thank God my father threw away his and stopped the madness in our family line)

Then they told us that if you can't speak English, then we are not educated.

Then they gave us a new mode of dressing. Now we even copy their lifestyles; divorcing up and down.

Nonsense. In my house, I tie a loin cloth and most days of the week, I wear a short native jumper. I can't recall when last I wore a tie or a suit; in this hot weather?
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by kokoA(m): 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
Any time I see a government official in agabda, I automatically know he is a looter. Agbada wearing leaders are looters!
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by simplebussy: 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
I just did a random brain scan now and i cant picture any president looking good in suit. Not even Governors sef.(well, maybe Fashola looks good sha.). Abeg let them stick to wht they have been wearing. :-XI just did a random brain scan now and i cant picture any president looking good in suit. Not even Governors sef.(well, maybe Fashola looks good sha.). Abeg let them stick to wht they have been wearing.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by gegee(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
what do u call african culture all cultures have mixed and blended together
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Adagba1: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Because they are either poultry farmer,cattle rearer and fishermen,suit dont fit them.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by 76Naira(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
Because they won't look that smart in it.
Imagine OBJ inside suite.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by polokor60(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
the question should be why do presidents in the western world hate wearing our native attires,they have their mode of dressing and we have our way of dressing as well.i love wearing our native attires because i look very cool on them.what about the wonderful shape the wrapper brings to bakassi of naija women tongue
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by felifeli: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf: [size=21pt]Swaga.[/size]

Uncle Segeee! Ko baje fun awon olote .
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
stagger: If not that Nigeria is linguistically heterogenous, are we not supposed to be speaking a native language such as the way the East Africans speak Swahili?

I cannot understand why some people prefer to be enslaved by their penchant for everything the white man throws at us.

First they gave us foreign names (thank God my father threw away his and stopped the madness in our family line)

Then they told us that if you can't speak English, then we are not educated.

Then they gave us a new mode of dressing. Now we even copy their lifestyles; divorcing up and down.

Nonsense. In my house, I tie a loin cloth and most days of the week, I wear a short native jumper. I can't recall when last I wore a tie or a suit; in this hot weather?

Are you saying that only Nigerian climate is hot? Come on, that is not an excuse.In fact, many Nigerians working in the corporate offices do.
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by SENATORANYA(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
Vote me as ur president I will be wearing suit ok
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by ORMORT: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
deshclones:

you are a f0000000000000l..you don't know our native clothes look more glamorous and dignified than the suit your slave masters wear??

have you ever seen a western leader wear agbada or isi-agu traditional clothes??

people like you disgust me..always clinging and copying anything the whiteman doets..believe in yourself for once. angry
true talk
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by janedoe(f): 3:42am On Mar 30, 2012
The question should be,howmany nigerian president's stomachs can comfortably fit into a suit undecided
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by LordReed(m): 3:46am On Mar 30, 2012
For heaven's sake what has suit wearing got to do with good leadership or good governance? So if our leaders wear suits we'll get an improved economy or infrastructure.

Get real man!

1 Like

Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by linearity: 7:12am On Mar 30, 2012
deshclones:

you are a f0000000000000l..you don't know our native clothes look more glamorous and dignified than the suit your slave masters wear??

have you ever seen a western leader wear agbada or isi-agu traditional clothes??

people like you disgust me..always clinging and copying anything the whiteman does..believe in yourself for once. angry

I think you are a little been dramatic....Yes western leaders wear traditional and native clothing, especially when they visit foreign countries....name one western leader and I will shot you his picture with native attire and links....

Suits and native/traditional clothes both have their pluses and minus and is are time and occasions that are best for native clothing and their are also time and occasions that are best for traditional clothing...
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by mexyk(m): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2012
cos they wld just look like monkeys on suit undecided
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by xjamaax: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2012
They should wear something else than Agbada, the agbada is just uncomfortable. wink
Re: Suits: Why Do Nigerian Presidents Hate Wearing Them? by DamiKhojie(m): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2012
As long as they are wearing native clothing who cares not like they're wearing t-shirts and jeans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ / Orji Uzor Kalu Buys Most Expensive Private Jet In Nigeria (pics) / NNPC Report: Auditor General Threatens To Sue Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.