Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? (6196 Views)

AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: Arsenal Vs AC Milan (3 - 0) On March 6th 2012 / The AC Milan Thread: 2021/2022 Serie A Champions! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by blkmum700: 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
I Can't Believe Ac Milan Purposely watered their Pitch,i think Uefa should have a committee for this type of things,Mouriho like Strategy to beat Barca,Your beating await You in Neu Camp.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2012
What your business with weather they wet their pitch
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by mukina2: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
when wenger complained , people were saying he was just whining now its barca's turn let them deal with it! grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by foslink(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
yeah the pitch is a scam by ac milan
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by gulfer: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
foslink: yeah the pitch is a scam by ac milan
mukina2: when wenger complained , people were saying he was just whining now its barca's turn let them deal with it! grin
blkmum700: I Can't Believe Ac Milan Purposely watered their Pitch,i think Uefa should have a committee for this type of things,Mouriho like Strategy to beat Barca,Your beating await You in Neu Camp.
Let us see how Barcelona will fare on their own pitch with Milan; somehow Barcelona's dominance has to end.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by blacksta(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
I am not sure of UEFA doing anything about the pitch, I believe it was a tatical move by AC milian to slow down the pace of barcelona as it is very difficult to execute passes on a water logged pitch. Very Barcelona too can avenge by doing whatever to their on pitch.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2012
...pls delete

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Detongue: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Barca should carry sun to their pitch or plant dry grass, mtcheeee

1 Like

Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by lbotus(f): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
buhahhaa, if barca had won 7-0 nobody will be here complaining about the pitch. undecided

1 Like

Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
blkmum700: I Can't Believe Ac Milan Purposely watered their Pitch,i think Uefa should have a committee for this type of things,Mouriho like Strategy to beat Barca,Your beating await You in Neu Camp.

you are surely a barca fan
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
Its called technique, hence the essence of home and away matches. .

Every team would have the advantage of adjusting their pitch to suit their play. Some teams would cut their grasses low, others would cut theirs high. Some teams would water log their pitch, others would even use blow driers to make sure it is as dry as harmattan. The only thing that is under UEFA regulations are referees and balls!! CHIKINA
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by blackwall(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
Moodie: So while the pitch was dry, the Milan team was playing in the air abi. If they had converted their chances, nobody will remember pitch. All the teams that have beaten Milan this season at San Siro played on the moon abi? Barca....always complaining.
lol u day vex o lwkmd grin
Moodie: So while the pitch was dry, the Milan team was playing in the air abi. If they had converted their chances, nobody will remember pitch. All the teams that have beaten Milan this season at San Siro played on the moon abi? Barca....always complaining.
lol u day vex o lwkmd
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by KINGwax(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
lbotus: buhahhaa, if barca had won 7-0 nobody will be here complaining about the pitch. undecided
were u laughing there? A lady? Like that? Terrible
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by KINGwax(m): 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2012
that's some serious allegation there, u cld be charged, u knw? But WTF? didn't both teams play and skid on the pitch?
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by deandavid(m): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
to me if at all milan did dat on purpose to give barca tough time to play,then that is their own tatics, wen milan gets to neu camp, barca is free to do wateva they lik also.stop complainin, u win some, u lose some.dats d spirit of sport.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by polokor60(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
i'm not surprise,it's difficult for barca to win a high profile match without a red card. cool
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by mohid(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: Its called technique, hence the essence of home and away matches. .

Every team would have the advantage of adjusting their pitch to suit their play. Some teams would cut their grasses low, others would cut theirs high. Some teams would water log their pitch, others would even use blow driers to make sure it is as dry as harmattan. The only thing that is under UEFA regulations are referees and balls!! CHIKINA
true!Both arsenal and barca are always maintaining the grass on their pitches to suit their passing style of play,no rule says other clubs should do same, so long as the pitch is deemed fit for play.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by kuzoma(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
that is called home advantage chikina
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by teezlycrest(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Is AC feeling on top of the world for their nonsense tactics. Well, next week tuesday will be the judgement day. Camp nou pitch is big enough to bury them and all AC fans. Less i forget! Chelsea and Madrid re not left out in the burial. Just that theirs is in advance. Stupid Mouriho and chelsea re looking for who will beat Baca for them..,shame!
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by NEROSKY(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
@poster---so i thought u have a better point,but am shocked to see u spit trash..............

Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Pa22(m): 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
gulfer: Let us see how Barcelona will fare on their own pitch with Milan; somehow Barcelona's dominance has to end.
No Wahala! Just wait till we amass 1000 trophies then your club can take over! Or send Boko Haram to destroy our ACADEMY! Sorry, u still have to dream more!
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by 76Naira(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2012
So? What if it rained?
Football is played under rain, snow, sunshine and in windy conditions.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by lbotus(f): 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
KINGwax: were u laughing there? A lady? Like that? Terrible

kingwax..go and play outside.
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by crackjoor: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
na only barca play de match abi? Ac milan no play shey? fYI Barca don comot already....
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2012

Don’t praise Luca Antonini for his two great blocks, nor Massimo Ambrosini for his 90-minute policing job in front of a tip-top AC Milan back four. Don’t blame Alexis Sanchez for not making the most of his burst into the area, nor for his backheel to Xavi from a shooting position. The real reason Barcelona failed to beat the Rossoneri in the Champions League quarter-final first leg on Wednesday night was that the pitch wasn't watered ... according to the Catalans.
source-http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2012/03/29/2999704/barcelona-must-start-behaving-like-real-champions-after

You said they watered it while Barca said it wasn't watered...........hahahahahha excuse go kill una
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Jokes apart the guy Alexis Sanchez is an animal...the speed at which dat guy moves, am not sure mercy has that pace!!
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by jedisco(m): 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2012
Barca are just sore loosers. As if Milan didn't play on thesame pitch.
Well Milans response suits them.

Milans response:

"In reference to the official protest presented to
Uefa by Barcelona regarding the condition of the
San Siro pitch, AC Milan communicates that:
1) The watering of the pitch, to be done within
one hour before the game as agreed in the
organisational meeting yesterday morning
[Wednesday] and as per the regulations of the
Uefa Champions League in section 14.15, was not
carried out because of the conditions of high humidity on the pitch;
2) The general condition of the pitch, on which
Barcelona had trained the night before without
raising any questions, was deemed suitable by
both match officials and delegates from Uefa
during the site visit yesterday morning."
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by emsquare(m): 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
Adetayo100: What your business with weather they wet their pitch

Abi!
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by dadicvila(m): 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2012
teezlycrest: Is AC feeling on top of the world for their nonsense tactics. Well, next week tuesday will be the judgement day. Camp nou pitch is big enough to bury them and all AC fans. Less i forget! Chelsea and Madrid re not left out in the burial. Just that theirs is in advance. Stupid Mouriho and chelsea re looking for who will beat Baca for them..,shame!
go and find out when last Barca defeated MILAN at d camp nou,if you think MILAN is Leverkusen or Osasunu you got a suprise coming,get ready to cry on tuesday
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by DSB(m): 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
polokor60: i'm not surprise,it's difficult for barca to win a high profile match without a red card. cool

Yeah right, like they did in '09 & '11 UCL finals. Gimme a break! Must you always hate teams better than yours?
Re: UEFA Should Look Into The State Of AC Milan's San Siro Pitch? by DSB(m): 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
I sense that most of u guys are Arsenal supporters who lamented on how bad the pitch was when u played milan and lost woefully.
My take: Although the pitch was 'bad', i believe it was poor finishing and some last ditch defending that stopped barca from scoring. This only sets up a more tantalizing return leg. However, I am confident that barca will go through.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Profile / UCL: Celtic Vs Barcelona 2 - 1 On 7th November 2012 / UCL: Manchester United V Galatasaray (1 - 0) On 19th Sept 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.