Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings (4773 Views)

NLC, TUC In Kogi Begin Strike Over Buhari's Withholding Of Bailout Fund / Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / PDP Workers on Strike over non-payment of Three Months Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Abagworo(m): 1:07am On Mar 29, 2012
The activities of kidnappers, robbers and cultists continued to take its toll on residents of Delta State on Wednesday as medical doctors, university lecturers and oil workers embarked on strike.

The action of the doctors, lecturers and the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, followed the abduction of their members at various locations in the state.

The doctors are demanding the release of their colleague, Dr. Ngozi Chukwuebulim, attached to Warri Central Hospital, who was kidnapped in the early hours of Sunday, while the oil workers are asking for the release of the Warri Area Manager of the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, Mr. Williams Enoh, who was kidnapped on Saturday.

A soldier attached to the Joint Task Force, who was serving as a guard to the PPMC manager was shot dead in the operation.

Already, the strike has resulted in the shutting down of filling stations in Warri.

Members of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria and National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers in Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company, and Warri Area Office of PPMC have also withdrawn their services.

The Nigeria Union of Journalists is also planning a protest against the general insecurity in the state, especially the abduction of a journalist, Mr. Monday Whiskey, last week.

The Warri Central Hospital has also been shut down, while it was gathered that the kidnappers of the doctor are demanding N100m before releasing her.

Meanwhile, the Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly , Mr. Victor Ochei, was conspicuously absent at yesterday’s session of the House which was presided over by the Deputy Speaker, Mr. Basil Ganagana.

The Speaker, it was gathered, was still battling to make contacts with the abductors of his younger brother, Tobechukwu, on Tuesday in Asaba.

But the Speaker’s Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Eddy Akpati-Ogude, said the speaker went for another ‘’official assignment’’ and asked the deputy to preside for him.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Abagworo(m): 1:09am On Mar 29, 2012
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 1:19am On Mar 29, 2012
I pray that the authorities can bring the kidnapping saga to a quick end. The robust reaction of the people as a community is heartwarming.
The gang members must be found and dealt with by death or law.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by sexyverah(f): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2012
why is everything not working well... oh God wherefore art thou? only if we had good securities all this wouldnt b happenin....
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2012
Pls @ mukina or who the moderator is, I need you to move the toipic i posted in the family section entitled: 'THIS CAN SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE' to the front page, PLS. Thanks!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by gegee(m): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
i wonder what all the strike will achieve
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by emsquare(m): 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf: I pray that the authorities can bring the kidnapping saga to a quick end. The robust reaction of the people as a community is heartwarming.

True Talk!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by muyoto: 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
na wao! when I saw the comments on the other thread, i thought they were exaggerations. It appears not.

However it should be noted these kidnappers are not spirits. Just like the Osisikanwu case has shown, those bazztards are able to operate successfully because of the connivance of some locals.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by mekaboy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
THERE IS SO MUCH SIN IN NIGERIA, THAT IS WHY -Pro 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by achi4u(m): 12:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
everybody want to drive the best car in town and live in good masion either by crook or by hook...'daz the nigeria system'.

...abeg go settle d boiz make dy take enter market go buy tins.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by lyricalpontiff(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ȋ̝̊̅§ dis as A̶̲̥̅ result of d fallout of exmilitants in the armnesty program??
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by bakila: 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ishsoph: Pls @ mukina or who the moderator is, I need you to move the toipic i posted in the family section entitled: 'THIS CAN SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE' to the front page, PLS. Thanks!
If it is NOT 'THIS CAN SAVE THE SITUATION IN WARRI' it should rot in that section pls. No vex!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by bakila: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2012
It is sad that this is coming just few hours after the assurance that the problem insecurity caused by BH will end by June.
Pray the wahabe be ended as soon as possible. The jail must be used to accomodate the terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Later southerners will pretend like they are better than their northerner counterparts.the menace of social vices should be thoroughly addressed instead of tribalizing crimes and thinking the north are worse.how are these southern boko harams better than their northern counterparts.we forgot that the keyword missing in the lives of these people is a quality education that would have given them a good direction and fair opportunity in the society.Are these kidnappers,cultist and armed robbers not also a failure of the southern Nigeria ? The earlier we begin to vividly identify and deduce that there is social problem that may have started as a result of the collapse of the family system,government insensitivity or general societal imbalances,then we can find solution to almajirism trend in the north and south of Nigeria !

2 Likes

Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by kristiansmart: 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
na wao! when I saw the comments on the other thread, i thought they were exaggerations.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Omen100(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf: I pray that the authorities can bring the kidnapping saga to a quick end. The robust reaction of the people as a community is heartwarming.

beef, I am disappointed in your responds, is praying & all you have to say? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
this is delta state for Bleep sake, our state. people are being killed like animals day in, day out and all you have to say is to pray that the authorities bring the kidnappers to an end. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by babaowo: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
how people will not be kidnapping When their ex bosses had been sent abroad for traning and living large.. U think they will come back and relax No, they have spreed their wings ,because they have more knowledge now than before.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by naijaforlife: 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
The more reason we should view the security problem in Nigeria as transcending ethno-religious colouration with which we have labelled it. May God almighty guide our leaders right and help the youths with the truth to know in love and honesty...... Una know the remaining part of the national anthem. I rest my case.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by ak47mann(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
country is on fire bad management..........
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Tintinix: 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
This says so much about the chief Security officer of the state!
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by enzyme9: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
this wat u get out of illitrates down south. Everywher kidnapin, bombin, rapin in univer, robery n mas lootin by criminals lyk odili, ibori, cecelia, n ol thos useles tinubus n obis, c bakwardnes n pigism. Bunch of terorist lyk asari n ojukwu ar d cause. Pls animals in d south try 2 b human biengs
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by sirp2007: 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
Except some drastic action by security operatives am afraid there is no end in sight soon.These guys operate freely as if we dont have security agent in warri.
One solution is posting of any policeman that have spent more than 1yr in warri and its environs out of delta state , cos l strongly believe that these boys have their backing or d policemen have become so use to the kidnappers activities that it doesnt bother them any more.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Detongue: 3:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
D striking workers are d chief kidnappers. Dey re making d state ungovernable. We go c how far...
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by brainchild78(m): 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
why would dey go on strike is sumthin as sacred and necessary as security is be compromised on d part of gov't
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
Omen100:

beef, I am disappointed in your responds, is praying & all you have to say? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
this is delta state for Bleep sake, our state. people are being killed like animals day in, day out and all you have to say is to pray that the authorities bring the kidnappers to an end. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

What do you want me to say, my guy? I'm not in power in Delta state (or anywhere).
The situation is horrible and from victim accounts, the kidnappers are not even from Delta state. As far as I am concerned, it is disgraceful that it has taken community action for the state govt to act.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
I can see †ЂΞ truth Ȋ̝̊̅§ gradually comin τ̅☺ light! because one fool called @UYCO had †ЂΞ guts τ̅☺ post dis comment ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ dis mornin! Here Ȋ̝̊̅§ wat he said.:-
Please stop blackmailing His Excellency
the governor of Delta State, there is
nothing like kidnapping in Warri.Are you
a police man trying to lobby the federal
government for police to return to check
point. We don't need them, ever since
they left the check point there has been
peace in Warri. If they like let the
sponsor kidnapping to justify their
coming back, we will reject them. They
should patrol the street and gather
intelligence info.The army is at the three
point exit from Warri, the police should
do internal patrol and rapid response to
distress calls. Uduaghan is creating jobs
every day to reduce unemployment,
most people now call him the job
machine and you are here blackmailing
him.It is unfair
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

What do you want me to say, my guy? I'm not in power in Delta state (or anywhere).
The situation is horrible and from victim accounts, the kidnappers are not even from Delta state. As far as I am concerned, it is disgraceful that it has taken community action for the state govt to act.
beaf, FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ †ЂΞ first on nairaland, i will nt watch U̶̲̥̅̊ dciv other forumites. ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ shut da hell up if U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt knw anytin abt †ЂΞ security situation I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. I A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ from delta & i live I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. †ЂΞ kidnappers aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ex-militants who were nt captured I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ЂΞ amnesty programme & τ̅☺ make matters worse,some jobless graduates HªvΣ joined I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis act ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ τ̅☺ make ends meet as ₪O one seems τ̅☺ be listenin τ̅☺ them. Say †ЂΞ truth beaf, & let †ЂΞ truth set U̶̲̥̅̊ free. There shall be war if all niger delta youths both graduate & under graduate aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt included I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis amnesty programme! MEND claimed τ̅☺ be fightin FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ all niger deltans, but wen amnesty package came, they forgot abt †ЂΞ rest of us & start enjoyin †ЂΞ largess alone! Nonsense! Who wan continue τ̅☺ be politicians fools? Answer ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ beaf, who?
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: beaf, FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ †ЂΞ first on nairaland, i will nt watch U̶̲̥̅̊ dciv other forumites. ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ shut da hell up if U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt knw anytin abt †ЂΞ security situation I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. I A̶̲̥̅̊M̶̲̥̅ from delta & i live I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri. †ЂΞ kidnappers aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ex-militants who were nt captured I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ЂΞ amnesty programme & τ̅☺ make matters worse,some jobless graduates HªvΣ joined I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis act ǰU̶̲̥̅̊§τ̲̅ τ̅☺ make ends meet as ₪O one seems τ̅☺ be listenin τ̅☺ them. Say †ЂΞ truth beaf, & let †ЂΞ truth set U̶̲̥̅̊ free. There shall be war if all niger delta youths both graduate & under graduate aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ nt included I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis amnesty programme! Nonsense! Who wan continue τ̅☺ be politicians fools? Answer ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ beaf, who?

Dude, what do you say about this?

PLA1:

I disagree with U on this sir. Most of this boys are not even from Warri. (they always have a Warri person in the gang for planing and escape purposes). The guys I was with during my experience were all Esan speaking. That helpped though, cos I understand all they said during that period. I never gave them clue that I heard anything they said cos they might just get angry and end me there and then. So, I followed there instruction like a fool. Dat also gave me my convictions that they are sponsored by some larger than life folks out there. They were always reporting events to one particular "CHAIRMAN" and always speaking Esan.

https://www.nairaland.com/901782/kidnappers-take-over-warri#10481987
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, what do you say about this?

https://www.nairaland.com/901782/kidnappers-take-over-warri#10481987
i said †ЂΞ kidnapper aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ex_militants who were nt captured I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ЂΞ amnesty programme. Where then Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ difference? S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt knw esan people aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ from edo state & edo Ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ niger delta state? & most edo youths were part of MEND? Or ∂α† some edo youths were born & bread I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri? Which of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ numerous questions Ȋ̝̊̅§ hard FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ τ̅☺ answer? Sayin all kidnappers I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ from esan I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ edo state alone amounts τ̅☺ an abysmally poor tinkin. Pls enuf Ȋ̝̊̅§ enuf.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Beaf: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
Boyloaf: i said †ЂΞ kidnapper aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ ex_militants who were nt captured I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ЂΞ amnesty programme. Where then Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ЂΞ difference? S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt knw esan people aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ from edo state & edo Ȋ̝̊̅§ A̶̲̥̅ niger delta state? & most edo youths were part of MEND? Or ∂α† some edo youths were born & bread I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri? Which of M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ numerous questions Ȋ̝̊̅§ hard FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ τ̅☺ answer? Sayin all kidnappers I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ warri aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ from esan I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ edo state alone amounts τ̅☺ an abysmally poor tinkin. Pls enuf Ȋ̝̊̅§ enuf.

I know you for your relentless campaigns for amnesty to militants, which is unfortunate. Now, you seem to be on the side of the kidnappers, which is even more unfortunate.

IMHO, ex-militants would find it much easier to bunker oil than kidnap people. If anyone kidnaps people, why on Earth would you think they deserve an amnesty, rather than a bullet? By your scenario (which is wrong), they have become enemies of the people who only deserve to be haunted down and fumigated.
Re: Delta Workers Embark On Strike Over Kidnappings by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
sexyverah: why is everything not working well... oh God wherefore art thou? only if we had good securities all this wouldnt b happenin....

that's the last thing you should do. A society begets leaders and crime doers after its kind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Speech Of Fresh Republc Of Biafra Declaration,nov 5,2012. A Funny Nation / Photo Of Buhari And Amosun Standing Outside At 7 Degrees Cold In London! / Why Hausa Language Is The Most Spoken: Igbo Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.