Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash (6192 Views)

Protesting Drivers Block Okene-abuja Highway After Police Kill Conductor. / Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / 14 Die While Returning From Jonathan's Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by free2ryhme: 9:11am On Mar 29, 2012
FOURTEEEN passengers involved yesterday in an early hour accident along the Kaduna-Abuja highway have died, the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) confirmed in Kaduna.

The Public Enlightenment Officer of the FRSC in Kaduna, Mr Olusogo Ogungbe, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the incident occurred at kilometre 32 in Kakau on the highway.

According to him, the incident involved a Toyota Hiace vehicle marked Zamfara XA 545 TMA.

Ogungbe said the vehicle was carrying 18 persons. Of the lot, 14, including nine men and five women, were killed.

He said that four others, including three males and one female sustained injuries and were currently receiving treatment at St. Gerald’s Hospital in Kaduna.

Ogungbe attributed the accident to over-speeding, which he said made the driver to lose control of the vehicle.

He said the vehicle skidded off the road into the bush before it burst into flames.

An eye-witness, Salisu Ibrahim, said he saw six bodies burnt beyond recognition. Two others were lying at the scene of the incident.

Ibrahim said the vehicle was still on fire with other helpless victims in the vehicle before the arrival of the FRSC rescue team.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/41373-14-die-in-kaduna-abuja-highway-crash.html
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by ikmoore2(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2012
God Please may the soul of the deceased rest in peace.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by BaBaMike: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2012
Awwww.good lawd have mercy ... May they rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by jougan: 10:30am On Mar 29, 2012
May their souls rest in perfect peace.Amen
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Ninapha(f): 10:33am On Mar 29, 2012
Oh God have mercy. May the soul of the departed rest in peace. Amen.

Honestly I don't mind what the drivers think or other passenger once a driver is over speeding. I will keep cautioning him but the pain of it all is that sometime most passenger would even think he is doing them favour to get to their destination quick.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by EACBLAZE: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2012
Oh lord have mercy. May their soul rest in peace
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Jemibee: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2012
May their souls rest in perfect peace...Amen !!
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by jamil2(m): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2012
May their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by slimming: 10:41am On Mar 29, 2012
The driver is the cause of this accident due to over speeding and disrespect to other road users.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Tos87(m): 10:47am On Mar 29, 2012
BaBa Mike: Awwww.good lawd have mercy ... May they rest in peace.
What do you mean by *lawd*...is that ur AMADIOHA you are calling to have mercy.can it.MTCHEWW!!!
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 29, 2012
rip
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by emsquare(m): 11:37am On Mar 29, 2012
EAC BLAZE: Oh lord have mercy. May their soul rest in peace

Amen!
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by muyoto: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
that kaduna road, perhaps due to its relatively smooth nature, unlike those in the southern parts, is notorious for excessive speeding by drivers, commercial and private alike. Quite unfotunate

MAy they RIP
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by muyoto: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
BTW, i just clicked the link. the picture is NOT abuja-kad highway
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by kristiansmart: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2012
Honestly I don't mind what the drivers think or other passenger once a driver is over speeding. [img]http://www.crzxy.info/abs[/img]
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by juman(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
kristiansmart: Honestly I don't mind what the drivers think or other passenger once a driver is over speeding. [img]http://www.crzxy.info/abs[/img]

^^ I alwyas voice my opinion against overspeeding when traveling with commercial vehicle.

muyoto: that kaduna road, perhaps due to its relatively smooth nature, unlike those in the southern parts, is notorious for excessive speeding by drivers, commercial and private alike. Quite unfotunate

MAy they RIP
^^
North is a vast place that the cities/towns are really far apart. So because of that and because they have relatively good roads it's more likely to overspeed if one is not careful. And nigeria is country with little enforcement of law.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by punche(m): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
AMEN
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by jennann(f): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
RIP.... Innocent and useful souls have been lost...
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Ninapha(f): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
[quote author=juman]

^^ I alwyas voice my opinion against overspeeding when traveling with commercial vehicle.

Me too but most times passengers see one as a bushman and someone who is not in a hurry then if one keeps quite too he dies like a chicken on a Christmas day. On some occasions i have disembarked to board another bus especially not too distant journeys.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by moozza67(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2012
[quote author=Ninapha][/quote][color=#006600][/color]
May their gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by brainchild78(m): 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
this is indeed a sad event. may d unfortunate souls rest in perfect peace.

regardin blame -
1. we should have motorable roads with speed limits
2. drivers should be far more cautious wen on d highway
3. road safey should be more focused on maintaining the safety of road users as opposed 2 concentratin on tusslin over d issuance of license plates
4. street lighting should be placed on express ways
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by LogicMind: 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
shut up all of you.
they have no soul. there is no peace awaiting any bloody soul.
repair your roads
train your drivers
enforce road trafic laws

(or keep praying)
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by BaBaMike: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Tos87:
What do you mean by *lawd*...is that ur AMADIOHA you are calling to have mercy.can it.MTCHEWW!!!

Are you sure you are alrite? because you sound pretty sick to me shocked shocked shocked
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by sessy2(f): 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
What a painful end. May their souls rest in peace
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by msb247(m): 2:50am On Mar 31, 2012
all these careless drivers would soon meet their waterloo. causing innocent souls' deaths due to negligence sad
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by Taye2988: 7:18am On May 02, 2020
Have you been looking for a way to turn your smartphone into money making machine??...

Then join the class of learning how to create a *Whiteboard and 3D Animation* for just a fee of *1000 naira*....just 50participant then we close the group.

Kindly send us a DM with ur name first then we get you started
https:///send?phone=+2347054046202
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by jlinkd78(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2020
Thought dia is interstate lockdown
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by juman(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2020
2012 thread.
Re: 14 Die In Kaduna-abuja Highway Crash by ificatchmodeh: 8:26am On May 02, 2020
juman:

^^
North is a vast place that the cities/towns are really far apart. So because of that and because they have relatively good roads it's more likely to overspeed if one is not careful. And nigeria is country with little enforcement of law.

Abuja to kaduna is death trap.. roads are solidly bad.. kaduna to Kano is another dead trap..Kano to jigawa is relAtively okay.. with major portholes

(1) (Reply)

Man Jailed For Pirating El-Rufai's Book / Free Bus Ride For Lagosians On Eid-el-fitri / Photos From Accident That Happened Yesterday In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.