Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,810 members, 7,806,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! (19452 Views)

Travel Buddy For Travel In Nigeria / How Do I Apply For Travel Certificate In United State? / New Hope For Travel To Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2012
Just thought to create a thread for people who like to travel. Not immigrant travel, mind you, travel enthusiasts. Maybe due to the nature of your work or trade, you drive, take the train, or fly a lot, and get to see many new places.

Tell us a bit about your experiences. It could be hotels, airlines, favourite places to go in specific locations, whatever. If you go to Kano a lot, for example, what are the things to do in Kano? Stuff like that.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by DisGuy: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
after you,good sir

will have a go when i get home
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by JeSoul(f): 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nice thread.

I love to visit new places and going by that I've never been to the same place twice (except once). One of the nicest cities I've ever visited is Chicago (I was there 07 I think). Forget NYC with its boring linear sky scrapers, Chicago is full of architechtural eye candy lol just beautiful all around. Maybe I loved it so much because its similar in 'feel' to my own town Boston. Plenty to do - visit the museums, zoos & aquarium, visit landmarks like the Sears Tower (3rd tallest bld in the world), plenty of stores if shopping is your thing, attend a sporting event (baseball, basketball etc), check out grant park where Obama gave his victory speech in 08 or gorgeous millenium park, take pictures by the wacky Chicago egg, eat at a variety of diverse restaurants - we ate at this Greek Restaurant close to the sears tower and I have dreamt about that place ever since lol. And when you're tired, take a stroll at the beach that is easily walkable from downtown or go to a fair at the pier. And if you're there with a partner, I highly recommend doing one of the many cruises on Lake Michigan that offers breathtaking views of the city especially at night. And if you have extra cash, I beg you to stay at a sky scraper hotel with a city view - it is breathtaking at night lol and totally worth going to bed & waking up to bright sunshine with that as your backdrop.

Aight I'll stop now (suprised I remember this much lol). I'll see if I can add pictures when I get home.

TIP: One tip we always use when travelling - be nice and smile to the person at the counter when checking in at your hotel! I cannot mention how many countless room upgrades and 'honeymoon' suites we've scored by simply being nice & treating them well. The person behind the counter has a ton of power in what room they put you in and it costs them nothing to upgrade you for free as long as rooms are available. You can buy the least expensive room at a 4-5 star hotel and take a chance you'll get upgraded.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by MOM1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ JeSoul, Thanks for recognizing chitown.. we rock anytime
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by JeSoul(f): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
^lol no problem, Chicago is an awesome city. My husband has been begging for us to go back. I have to remind him we still have about a thousand more cities to visit lol.

Since you're a local please add your own experience on local spots and tips/tricks, you would definitely know a whole lot more.

Short story: After seeing a Cubs game I forgot my shiny new cellphone in the taxi we took. After days of calling the taxi driver finally picked up. He took our address and info and promised to mail it, middle eastern guy I think ... we never heard from him again LOL grin. Is that how Chi-town drivers roll? lol.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nice one. Keep it coming.
Beyond a transit at O'Hare, I have never had the opportunity to visit the Windy City.
I have lots of travel stories, but I will hold off for now wink
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by MOM1(m): 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ JeSoul, hahahahahaha.. You just have to be smart in chi because everyone thinks they smarter than the other.. Am a sox fan.. The cubs dont play better and they got so many fans though.. Downtown chicago got lot of beautiful spots..it a nice city for couples to hangout.. So many restaurants downtown..words cant say it all.. i tried adding some pixx but said too large.. cry
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 10:34am On Mar 30, 2012
Okay.
My first travel story would be about airlines.
I have flown quite a few airlines in my day. From BA to Virgin, Air France to KLM, Lufthansa to Iberia, Ryanair to Easyjet, Arik to Air Nigeria, Chachangi to Bellview tongue grin wink

7 times out of 10, I fly coach. Apart from the fact that I definitely won't use my own dosh to buy a business class seat (for what), my company has gone the cost-cutting route, and prescribed economy travel for all but the Very Anointed execs. So I will still be flying economy for a while grin

Most flown airline: The regular airline i fly is Emirates. I have gold card access, and have racked up quite a few miles therein. I fly to many Kora countries via Dubai, my favourite city outside Africa. It's a combination of London, New York, Paris, and Kano, which is why I like it. More of Dubai in another post.

Worst Airline: British Airways, without doubt. I mean, I actually enjoyed Ryanair better than British Airways. I'm not kidding. Their planes feel old and dirty, their staff are rude, and the inflight sucks. Sometime in 2006, I flew BA London to Lagos, my inflight wasn't working, I called the flight attendant and he was like 'Well, if its not working its not working'. I mean . . .!

I wouldn't exactly say American and Delta suck, but I am not sure Americans should be running airlines grin They don't have 'ayesi or aponle' at all. All American carriers are somehow businesslike. More like 'sit your azz down and let's fly you to yer gardemm destination' grin

I flew Air India once, from Delhi to Jaipur. Jesu Kristi is all I can say. But India has two tight airlines, Jet Airways and Kingfisher. They have inflight entertainment on short haul. Also good inflight service, meals and all. Indian airlines are heavily branded, even the toilet paper carries ads, lol.

Best Airline: For me, it's KLM. I have only one word for this carrier, S-O-L-I-D. Qatar Airways I flew one time, and they splashed out for me. Their business class lounge is kickass, a 5-star spa. But e go hard to shake my loyalty to KLM.

Interesting flight experiences: October 22nd last year, I flew Southwest from Louisville to BWI, with some WW2 vets. The flight was very heavy with the patriotism bit, lots of 'U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!' going round, salutes, and hi-fives. As we touched down at BWI, the plane was sprayed by two fire engines on the tarmac.
Heavy stuff, Made me wish I was from a country I could be proud of, rather than a country where my fantasy is to be locked in a soundproof room with an Ak47, 5000 rounds of ammo, and all leaders past and present tied up and sitting on the floor grin
I won't even discuss the many near misses and screwups we get from local Naija airlines. I will spare their blushes here angry

Edutainment on Airlines: I discovered these albums exclusively on in-flight entertainment:
1. Long Walk to Freedom: 40 years of South African Music, on SAA. Great selection of songs from Spokes Mashiyane, Mama Makeba, Phineas Mkhize, and lots of other Southie greats.
2. Songs from A Zulu Farm, by Ladysmith Black Mambazo. You may have figured by now that I am a huge fan of SA music.
3. The Emirates Guide to 500 Years of Classical Music. This is an award-winning music documentary that traces the evolution of music from the Renaissance to the Modern eras. Also comes with an eclectic selection of tunes and famous compositions. It's said to be the most comprehensive classical music selection on any flight.

Let's read airplane experiences from others.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by mbulela: 10:55am On Mar 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: Okay.
I have flown quite a few airlines in my day. From BA to Virgin, Air France to KLM, Lufthansa to Iberia, Ryanair to Easyjet, Arik to Air Nigeria, Chachangi to Bellview tongue grin wink

7 times out of 10, I fly coach. Apart from the fact that I definitely won't use my own dosh to buy a business class seat (for what), my company has gone the cost-cutting route, and prescribed economy travel for all but the Very Anointed execs. So I will still be flying economy for a while grin

Most flown airline: The regular airline i fly is Emirates. I have gold card access, and have racked up quite a few miles therein. I fly to many Kora countries via Dubai, my favourite city outside Africa. It's a combination of London, New York, Paris, and Kano, which is why I like it. More of Dubai in another post.

Worst Airline: British Airways, without doubt. I mean, I actually enjoyed Ryanair better than British Airways. I'm not kidding. Their planes feel old and dirty, their staff are rude, and the inflight sucks. Sometime in 2006, I flew BA London to Lagos, my inflight wasn't working, I called the flight attendant and he was like 'Well, if its not working its not working'. I mean . . .!

I wouldn't exactly say American and Delta suck, but I am not sure Americans should be running airlines grin They don't have 'ayesi or aponle' at all. All American carriers are somehow businesslike. More like 'sit your azz down and let's fly you to yer gardemm destination' grin

I flew Air India once, from Delhi to Jaipur. Jesu Kristi is all I can say. But India has two tight airlines, Jet Airways and Kingfisher. They have inflight entertainment on short haul. Also good inflight service, meals and all. Indian airlines are heavily branded, even the toilet paper carries ads, lol.

Best Airline: For me, it's KLM. I have only one word for this carrier, S-O-L-I-D. Qatar Airways I flew one time, and they splashed out for me. Their business class lounge is kickass, a 5-star spa. But e go hard to shake my loyalty to KLM.

Interesting flight experiences: October 22nd last year, I flew Southwest from Louisville to BWI, with some WW2 vets. The flight was very heavy with the patriotism bit, lots of 'U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!' going round, salutes, and hi-fives. As we touched down at BWI, the plane was sprayed by two fire engines on the tarmac.
Heavy stuff, Made me wish I was from a country I could be proud of, rather than a country where my fantasy is to be locked in a soundproof room with an Ak47, 5000 rounds of ammo, and all leaders past and present tied up and sitting on the floor grin
I won't even discuss the many near misses and screwups we get from local Naija airlines. I will spare their blushes here angry

Edutainment on Airlines: I discovered these albums exclusively on in-flight entertainment:
1. Long Walk to Freedom: 40 years of South African Music, on SAA. Great selection of songs from Spokes Mashiyane, Mama Makeba, Phineas Mkhize, and lots of other Southie greats.
2. Songs from A Zulu Farm, by Ladysmith Black Mambazo. You may have figured by now that I am a huge fan of SA music.
3. The Emirates Guide to 500 Years of Classical Music. This is an award-winning music documentary that traces the evolution of music from the Renaissance to the Modern eras. Also comes with an eclectic selection of tunes and famous compositions. It's said to be the most comprehensive classical music selection on any flight.

Try and ignore flattery for a minute, this is probably one of the most beautiful posts i have read in a very very long time.
Thank you for this succinct insight you detailed here.
Very good post.
Thank you.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by JeSoul(f): 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
M.O.M:
@ JeSoul, hahahahahaha.. You just have to be smart in chi because everyone thinks they smarter than the other.. Am a sox fan.. The cubs dont play better and they got so many fans though.. Downtown chicago got lot of beautiful spots..it a nice city for couples to hangout.. So many restaurants downtown..words cant say it all.. i tried adding some pixx but said too large.. cry
White sox fan...you miss Ozzie? cheesy I agree on all your points about Chicago, all around just a lovely place.

Very nice. You're really a globe trotter. Very nice wealth of experience you have there. Me personally, how can I say this...in spite of my love for travel...I absolutely HATE flying. I do my best to forget all my flying experiences so I can't offer any useful advice there lol. I do remember a horrible trip to Houston on US Airways (the most useless airline in the world), late take-off, plane was like a cheap bus, 2 unscheduled stops (plain torture for someone who hates flying) and lost luggage for the entire trip, I got my bags the day after I got back home.

You're right about KLM being a solid airline. The last I recall using them was about 3 months ago, smooth flight, great in-flight entertainment and awesome food, professional attendants. The worst was some Greek airline (I think, sorry I have deliberately forgotten lol), entire 2hr flight to france was rough, crap food, no entertainment and when it came to landing - dear Lord, plane was girating from left to right, I've never seen a pilot struggle so much to land a plane, I'm sure it was a trainee on his first flight.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by JeSoul(f): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2012
^and oh, my sister swears by Emirates. Timely service, excellent planes, professional staff, good food, various camera angles to watch what's going on etc etc. She refuses to fly any other airline lol.

And your story about the USA vets, lol, there's no country like America when it comes to patriotism cheesy. You should share your naija airline experiences with us now, you dey fear to scare us? lol. I used Air Nigeria from Accra to lagos once. The service at the counter was subpar. The computers weren't working (what a shock right?) and so everything was being entered manually and written by hand - that does not inspire much confidence at all. But once we got on the plane everything went very smooth, the flight, the service etc. I was pleased.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2012
Guys, keep more coming.
I will think of something else from my travelogue to post.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2012
nice thread .. will be back to post mine smiley smiley
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by mbulela: 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2012

by every means possible get a copy of 'Gift Of The Tortoise: A Musical Journey Through Southern Africa by Ladysmith Black Mambazo'.
Just get it and your son or daughter will send me a thank you note.
Awesome CD.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by MOM1(m): 4:30am On Mar 31, 2012
@ JeSoul,Yeah but i guess politics made them kick him out.. Have u ever had a road trip..
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Akaraiwe(m): 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2012
Great meal on SAA,pap(semovita lookalike) and soup.....beautiful street in Sandton,Randburg....naija peeps @ Monash University in Bloemfontein......meeting 'guys' in greenhouse,fun filled and crazy life in Yeoville and Hilbrow
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by aniffy4eva(m): 6:49pm On Mar 31, 2012
Nice thread Ajanlekoko

I guess i'll use your format to post my travel experience.
Most of my flight experience has been with Air France(its either Air france or KLM from Port Harcourt). I've also been on Emirates, Jetblue, Aero, Air Nigeria and Arik. When i fly to asia/middle east, its gotta be Emirates oh, everywhere else.. then i go with Air France. My experience with Air France has been so-so, maybe cos i usually fly economy (at least until i can "sustainably" upgrade to 1st/business class cool). IMO there's really not much of a difference between premium economy and economy (at least not enough to justify the difference in price tongue)

Worst Airline experience
It has got to be one of the local flights from Lagos (Air Nigeria i think). Flight was delayed form morning to like 9pm or so. i was so frustrated because i had an important meeting the next day. I eventually got to PH like past 10 - 11pm... how i got home is another story entirely angry

Best Airline experience
It was an Emirates flight from Bangkok to Dubai. That was my first experience on the Airbus A380. I was awe-struck with the leg-space, mahogany window trimmings, in-flight entertainment, meal etc cheesy

BTW why is it that Nigerian air hostesses don't smile or laugh? Even when you try to share a joke tongue, they look at you like "What's funny?" grin

Interesting travel experience
About road trips, i remember once i wanted to go from Port Harcourt to Ondo State to attend my grandmother's funeral. I went with my wife (my gf then). I didn't want to drive so we hired a cab to take us to and fro. On our way (close to Ondo state), the vehicle had an irreparable fault and we had to hitch-hike, Ol' boy, the bus we eventually boarded had passengers that looked like ritualists shocked, I just dey speak in tongues till we got to our stop. We had to go to Lag and then fly to PH after the funeral.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Gatsby(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2012
I just completed a 7 day cruise with my wife on Celebrity Eclipse (March 2012).
We are based in Houston, TX and flew to Miami FL.

It was our 6th cruise and probably the best.
We normally travel with our children or friends but this time we went solo.

We visited San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. The weather was gorgeous.
The food and service on the cruise was exceptional but the shows not as good as carnival or Royal Carribbean.

I highly recommend cruising as it relaxes you completely.

Last year we visited London, Dubai, Israel , Athens, Crete and of course Lagos.

The best airline for me is Emirates as they have raised the bar.
British Airways is so arrogant. They charge the highest, yet their service is nothing to write home about.

The best American airline for me is Southwest and then Continental.
Southwest allows 2 bags and allow you to cancel flight and rebook without any charges.

Actually in July, we are doing another cruise, from Houston to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

We are expecting a crew of 40 peeps. Over 20 from Lagos.

Should be a blast.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AmakaG29(f): 3:39pm On Apr 03, 2012
I did 4 nights in Jamaica. It was amazing. I stayed in Negril, because I found it to be less of a tourist trap than Montego Bay. The water was clear, beautiful, and relaxing. The sun was very welcome after the NY winter. I did get sunburn but it wasn't bad (yes, black people can get sunburn). One of the highlights was the sunsets off the cliffs.

I loved the local food, but if you go to a tourist restaurant, they give you a tourist version. The cheaper the food, the better it tasted. I went to the little local eateries off the beaten path.

Took a day trip out to a Rasta community in the mountains. Swam in a cool river and ate fresh fish cooked out on the open flames. Green grass, blue skies, and fresh air made the journey worth it.

The night scene was popping at this club called The Jungle. It was a mixed crowd of locals and visitors with mixed music and mixed drinks!

Songs I was jamming to: Chris Martin-Cheaters Prayer, Cecile- When you're gone, Popcaan-Party shot, Laza Morgan- One by one. . .(Just to name a few)

All in all it was a beautiful, relaxing trip and I'm looking for the next

Places I've been: France, Switzerland, Senegal, Jamaica

Places I want to go: South Africa, Morocco, India, Trinidad

If you have any recommendations for places I should visit, I like traveling!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by obowunmi(m): 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2012
nice thread --- following
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Gatsby(m): 4:29am On Apr 04, 2012
If you are a Christian, I highly recommend visiting Israel.

My wife and I visited in June 2011, with Dr. Myles Munroe from The Bahamas.

We were 114 in the group, from 18 countries. NIG, US, UK, SA, NZ, PNG, AUS, Curacao, Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, Ivory Coast etc.

It was a 10 day tour. We spent 8 days in Jerusalem and 2 days in Tiberias by the Sea of Galilee.

It was simply the best trip of our lives.

Dr. Munroe is a renowned teacher of the Bible and we had wonderful scriptural teachings as we visited each historic site.

We visited Mount Carmel, where Elijah called down fire and killed 450 prophets of Baal.

Can you imagine singing the song “The Lord that answereth by fire, Let Him be My God!” on Mount Carmel!
Simply priceless!

We drove by the Golan heights. ( I kept my eyes wide open for Syrian soldiers).
We took a boat tour on the Sea of Galilee.

We had marriage renewals (surprise) in a chapel near where Jesus performed His first miracle (at a wedding!)

We swam in the Dead Sea and were baptized in River Jordan.

We prayed at the wailing wall and the Garden of Gethsemane.

We walked through the “Via Delrosa” (Way of the Cross). The last path that Jesus carried the cross.

We had communion at the Garden of the Tomb.

Israel is beautiful with its undulating hills and dessert landscape.

It is amazing the harvest that they get through micro-irrigation in near-dessert conditions.

Their food (kosher) is very healthy.

Strange, though, that on Saturday (Sabbath) everything shuts down.

The Bible came alive.
It is like walking through the annals of history.
It is a trip that I will never forget in my life.

We plan to visit Israel every 5 years.

Shalom!

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by gongoaso1: 3:15am On Apr 05, 2012
Subscribed

Best international airline: KLM definitely
Worst international airline: Continental angry angry angry

Best maneagable local airline: Delta...
Worst: US Airways angry

I was Panama City for a vacation last summer.
There was this beach, cleanest I have ever seen and the water was so clear I became a child in the water cheesy
This summer..St. Thomas on my mind.

Last trip to UK happened to be in winter and I was literarily frozen in through out and did not get to sight see.
Planning a trip to span major countries in Europe in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2012
Cities visited - London,New york, (non-adventures tho)
Adventurous? - Gambia and Ghana and Italy

Interesting experiences
Gambia - was a 3 day trip, missed my return flight because i mixed up the times. The return time was 03.00am! which i read as 3.00pm. The next day was a disaster( had to pay extra day at the hotel and borrow cash to buy a ticket back to Nigeria). It was crazy but i still enjoyed the trip. The shore line on Gambian coast is incredible and I also did the KuntaKinte tour which included a boat ride and awesome wollof rice - the origin of our jollof rice. But gambians as a people are a different kinda people and dont get me started male rasta loving gambians whose main occupation is nabbing a foreign woman.

Ghana - on my second trip there, went to cape coast and took the canopy walk. Lets just say when you take that walk and look down all you see is the top of the trees, thought I was going to have a panic attack.

Trips I want to make - Lebanon (heard its beautiful), Spain (not sure the city), Paris and Iceland. Has anyone been there? tips and experiences please
I realy want a good deal for Paris or Europe this August and 3-5day trip tops.
Airlines; KLM for sure, but would like to Emirates
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Callotti: 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2012
My best experience has been China.
Their culture is rich, diversified and entertaining.
So much to do.

Next is the UAE. . .a dream to behold.
A truly competitive spirit to prove the world wrong.
Yes, Muslims and Christians can live in peace.

Next port of call. . . Bombay India or Doha Qatar!
I love to travel to different places.

My favorite place on earth. . .VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!

As for what to do?. . . Too much to tell.

Night life in Las Vegas. . .Shopping in the UAE. . . .BIG BUSINESS and TOURISM in China.

Sums it up nicely.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2012
Callotti: My best experience has been China.
Their culture is rich, diversified and entertaining.
So much to do.

Which cities did you visit in China?
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Callotti: 11:47am On Apr 07, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Which cities did you visit in China?

Beijing

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOdsvqrUmKk[/flash]

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUy9OgRRXnw&feature=related[/flash]

Guangzhou

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcAcptSbLvA&feature=related[/flash]

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTnWOBJBO4&feature=related[/flash]

Shenzhen

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuH_MY4mNXY&feature=related[/flash]

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W21chxJZ6Q&feature=fvsr[/flash]

Next? Chengdu and Shanghai! cool

I must take my daughters to see the Panda Base. . . They can't wait! Or should I say "I can't wait"!!!! cheesy

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYT0iUFVMA&feature=related[/flash]

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcyYVzmpYG8&NR=1[/flash]

It is gooooooooooooooood to travel. My best hobby I tellya. Thank You Lord!!!!
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by sabbath7th: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2012
gongo aso: Subscribed

Best international airline: KLM definitely
Worst international airline: Continental angry angry angry

Best maneagable local airline: Delta...
Worst: US Airways angry

I was Panama City for a vacation last summer.
There was this beach, cleanest I have ever seen and the water was so clear I became a child in the water cheesy
This summer..St. Thomas on my mind.

Last trip to UK happened to be in winter and I was literarily frozen in through out and did not get to sight see.
Planning a trip to span major countries in Europe in the nearest future.

Where you in Panama City in Florida? The one in North West Florida or was it Panama City in Panama?

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by pendo89(f): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2012

Really? Never had a bad exp with BA if anything they gave me first class treatment and yes I am black. Everything worked just fine.
The only question I have for BA is,
why do they have old flight attendants? same faces one sees year in year out! lol

Again really? I enjoyed my experience on American Airlines.Infact it was just awsome.Inflight entertainment was fine,plus a break from the tired old looking BA attendants to the vibrant fresh pretty americans grin

Wow.
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by pendo89(f): 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2012
Ok lets see in summary. I loved Miami Fl,the best.
Weather (when there are no hurricanes,superb golf clubs,the AA arena where all these basketball greats gather,shopping and dancing salsa at the Bayfront,
Ocean drive esp on weekends and evening,the marina,the everglades,the warm latinos,(I found them warm and courteous),the beaches,the restuarants,food,malls everything is just sooo fine.
There's this location where celebs live! mehn! al I could see were yachts infront of private and exclusive residences not 'houses' lol.
The ocean is beautiful and if u want to have a memorable moment, have a picnic on a yacht as you go fishing.
If you want to catch a celeb wait at the backdoors of hotels gracing the ocean drive.Preferably from midnight.They are all over the place but only few manage to spot them cz they know their areas of hiding.
Lots of fond memeories I cant summarise but yep I am def going there soon.

Pagopago is first on my itinerary next.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 09, 2012
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by AjanleKoko: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
^^
I apologize on behalf of KLM. embarassed

Must be those thick-legged Dutch hostesses that have blighted my objectivity grin
Re: A Thread For Travel Enthusiasts! by DisGuy: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
Still gathering my thought

Lagos to Ilorin cheesy

was meant to be a train journey but damn lagos traffic or bad planning thought everything worked like clock work

had to settle for the 18 seater bus with an 'experienced' bad driver that almost threw me out as i wont stop yelling at him

Na wetin sef you wan piss abi wetin you dey shout driver driver for sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Nigerian-Owned Guest Houses Burnt In South Africa - Nigerian Union / People Have Abandoned Travelling, Now Send Goods To Families - Kaduna NURTW / Bus Tumbles On Gbagada Oshodi Express In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.