Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? (12052 Views)

DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / CPC Wants Pay-as-you-go Subscription For DSTV Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by emsquare(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju: Cheap ass Nigerians!!

So you want to make DSTV pay as you go!! EVIL MEN!! You want to ruin them abi?!! You want to run them down!! Like someone pointed out, let them bring in pay-per-view, but NEWS FLASH!! You still need a valid subscription to even view a PAY-PER-VIEW station not to talk of the additional charge to view the station. . .

Why are Nigerians so cheap?! 10,000 Naira is less than 50 dollars per month. do you know that if DSTV were pay as you go, many decoders would be on only on Match days, Big Brother eviction saturdays, Naija sings and Idols eviction days and such. Which means some decoders would be on for only 3months in an entire year!! Do you think that the channels DSTV brings you are free to air?! Nigerians know how to suggest to others how to run their businesses and even try to bring in the government to strong arm these business owners into doing as they please. Have any of you cheap bastrads thought about how much it costs DSTV to operate in Nigeria?!! Do you know how much they pay in Taxes, T.V rights to N.C.C and co., Diesel for running their generators, insurances and salaries?! Abeg drex go far! If your money no reach DSTV, go buy strong!! Big boy is not by force.

Im tired of defending business owners. . . Next thing you will ask MTN to make calls 1kobo per second. . I am tired.

Well said!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
doesn't have to be pay as you view.

they can introduce a credit based system where sports channel can be worth 5 unit, channel like FOOD, LTV, NTA can be 1 unit.

no need bombarding my tv with NTA, LTV, STV and the rest when i can easily pick them with my Aba made antenna.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ Okija,

Hope nothing? Only asking cos I noticed you've been gung-ho of late . . . . .
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2012
I think d answer shld b yes or No instead of us fighting nd al d abuse of a thing.
DSTV = exploit, expensive, happy nd nt ready to go away frm niger.
NIGERIANS=poor,angry, suffering & patronizing.
Notin to watch in our f/league dats why we pay so much for epl,
turn to our news al u see is probe, efcc arrest, pdp & Ac conventions e.t.c dats why we pay so much for cnn.
No b dem DSTV fault jare.
Majority of those surpporting dem are viewing center owners so telling dstv to do such a thing is lik taking d life away frm dem. poor Nigerains
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
DAVIDAREMITA: Okija juju is nothing but a born bastard.....you insults your fellow nigerians becos of SA company....you are a big fool...a fool at your age is a fool forever....i dont no why seun allow dirty idiots like you to have an account on NL....

I am a born bastard, I agree, but you my friend is the pre-mature product of multiple failed abortions. So because DSTV is a South African company, lets run them out of business abi? MTN is south aftican as well, lets run dem out too i guess. You prolly hv an inferiority complex around south africans. Mayba cos they know how to run successful businesses in Nigeria where many Nigerian businesses hv failed. Before DSTV, all you had was public TV, if they piss you off so bad, why not switch to HITV? Afterall, they are Nigerian. Or better yet NTA is free since you cant afford cable. I did not insult Nigerians but greedy Nigerians who want to use our awoof mentality to destroy an honest business. If only you had stayed the full 9 months in the womb and allowed your brain to form fully, you would have noticed that though DSTV is a south african company, they actually employ Nigerians and pay taxes to Nigeria. I dont even know why an slowpoke is worried about cable tv, you prolly couldnt tell the difference between CNN & a movie. To you its just pictures running through your tv.

Seun let people like me join Nairaland to school retards like you on the difference between DSTV & NTA. Now go do something useful with yourself and let reasonable adults hold a conversation. Im surprised you even knew how to use a computer.

1 Like

Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by sammirano: 7:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
who told you people DSTV doesn't have competitors we have many satellite companies which people use, that even provide more stations than DSTV
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by coogar: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

I am a born bastard, I agree, but you my friend is the pre-mature product of multiple failed abortions. So because DSTV is a South African company, lets run them out of business abi? MTN is south aftican as well, lets run dem out too i guess. You prolly hv an inferiority complex around south africans. Mayba cos they know how to run successful businesses in Nigeria where many Nigerian businesses hv failed. Before DSTV, all you had was public TV, if they piss you off so bad, why not switch to HITV? Afterall, they are Nigerian. Or better yet NTA is free since you cant afford cable. I did not insult Nigerians but greedy Nigerians who want to use our awoof mentality to destroy an honest business. If only you had stayed the full 9 months in the womb and allowed your brain to form fully, you would have noticed that though DSTV is a south african company, they actually employ Nigerians and pay taxes to Nigeria. I dont even know why an slowpoke is worried about cable tv, you prolly couldnt tell the difference between CNN & a movie. To you its just pictures running through your tv.

Seun let people like me join Nairaland to school retards like you on the difference between DSTV & NTA. Now go do something useful with yourself and let reasonable adults hold a conversation. Im surprised you even knew how to use a computer.

[img]http://cl.ly/0W1F1X0Q211i0a2i1h23/Don-Johnson-shades.gif[/img]
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by adesowel: 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Some people did not work for the money they have, so they can run there mouth as they like. They are not to know the value of money they spend. No bi everybody bi aaaapaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by bigiyaro(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Okija juju is a stupid toilet cleaner in DSTV office,dats he was running his dysentry mouth. Any sane person will know that its very unfair to pay for what you dont use.if DSTV becomes pay per view,their customers will more than tripple overnight.pay per view is wats obtainable in other countries,even in south africa itself.DSTV cant even try the shit there trying here in south africa.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by WinkWrld: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
DSTV price is too high in Nigeria no doubt. PHCN not helping matters is making business and life difficult for Nigerians. The truth of it all is that. The only company you pay and get service is DSTV. The only reliable functioning company. IF PHCN puts a price at 10k per month for uninterrupted power, homes will pay for many years in advance. PHCN is the EVIL in Nigeria and not until it is fixed and sanitized, Nigeria will not see wellness. insecurity,corruption,fraud, bokoharam, everything has a direct link to POWER instability. When God created the earth, the first thing He did was create light and seperated it from dark. when Power works for 2yrs straight uninterrupted in Nigeria, everyone will have the feel of sanity.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
bigiyaro: Okija juju is a stupid toilet cleaner in DSTV office,dats he was running his dysentry mouth. Any sane person will know that its very unfair to pay for what you dont use.if DSTV becomes pay per view,their customers will more than tripple overnight.pay per view is wats obtainable in other countries,even in south africa itself.DSTV cant even try the shit there trying here in south africa.

Shattap there!

What do you know about South Afica! Abi you think say South-south na nickname for south africa. I agree say I dey clean toilet for DSTV office atleast I can afford a HD PVR decoder on my salary, bloody applicant like you. There is no place in the world where cable tv is pay as you go. Stop carrying beer palour gist around. If you no dey get NEPA light for your area and cant afford I pass my neighbor generator then blame yourself not dstv. You just displayed your ignorance when you talked about pay per view. I suggest you focus your attention on getting a good job and stop window watching dstv from your neighbours house. Cheap arse slowpoke.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2012
adesowel: Some people did not work for the money they have, so they can run there mouth as they like. They are not to know the value of money they spend. No bi everybody bi aaaapaaaaaaaaaaaa

you apparently dont know what it takes to run a business, pay taxes, provide your own power, security, pay salaries and levies and licensing fees, provide quality service and still make a profit in nigeria. If you did, you would commend dstv and other budinesses that do these rather than seek cheap unptofitable means of getting awoof.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by getukudo(m): 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
@okija juju

God bless you well well!!! Well said from a very sound and educated Nigerian...no mind this fools who go about blabbing rubbish! If you no like DSTV, see HiTv and Startimes there! Once again well said @okija juju

@DAVIDAREMITA

You are a product of a failed institution. Make points and stop being stupid. Now you are bringing in SA and Nigeria...dumbfuck!

Nigerians would always complain..even if DSTV bring down the price to N200 per month, @DAVIDAREMITA will still come on nairaland and post foolish comments like he has done!

Okija Juju for president!!! grin
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by amosy007: 11:51pm On Mar 29, 2012

So you want to make DSTV pay as you go!! EVIL MEN!! You want to ruin them abi?!! You want to run them down!! Like someone pointed out, let them bring in pay-per-view, but NEWS FLASH!! You still need a valid subscription to even view a PAY-PER-VIEW station not to talk of the additional charge to view the station. . .

Why are Nigerians so cheap?! 10,000 Naira is less than 50 dollars per month. do you know that if DSTV were pay as you go, many decoders would be on only on Match days, Big Brother eviction saturdays, Naija sings and Idols eviction days and such. Which means some decoders would be on for only 3months in an entire year!! Do you think that the channels DSTV brings you are free to air?! Nigerians know how to suggest to others how to run their businesses and even try to bring in the government to strong arm these business owners into doing as they please. Have any of you cheap bastrads thought about how much it costs DSTV to operate in Nigeria?!! Do you know how much they pay in Taxes, T.V rights to N.C.C and co., Diesel for running their generators, insurances and salaries?! Abeg drex go far! If your money no reach DSTV, go buy strong!! Big boy is not by force.

Im tired of defending business owners. . . Next thing you will ask MTN to make calls 1kobo per second. . I am tired.

u are such an unexposed slowpoke... Have being to south africa where dstv came from there is pay as u go... U can buy time...like if u want to buy 100hrs it cost around 425rands... And its like that all over the world... U open ya mouth and spitted rubbish ...u said 10k aint much if u give it to a poor person u would av done sumtin great in his/her life than giving it 2 a company that will neva stop exploitin u
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by getukudo(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
Yomboy4ever: I think d answer shld b yes or No instead of us fighting nd al d abuse of a thing.
DSTV = exploit, expensive, happy nd nt ready to go away frm niger.
NIGERIANS=poor,angry, suffering & patronizing.
Notin to watch in our f/league dats why we pay so much for epl,
turn to our news al u see is probe, efcc arrest, pdp & Ac conventions e.t.c dats why we pay so much for cnn.
No b dem DSTV fault jare.
Majority of those surpporting dem are viewing center owners so telling dstv to do such a thing is lik taking d life away frm dem. poor Nigerains

Your just blabbing..way of point!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by amosy007: 12:05am On Mar 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Biko tell them o!!!

Nigerians and awoof !!

MTN data plan too expensive, everything too expensive, government should force them to do this and do that!! As if its free to do business in Nigeria!!

that is the problem with nigerians... Were they forced to do business in nigeria? If they knw they cant cope with present condition they myt as well get the fhuck out.. I remember mtn said they can neva introduced per second billing to nigeria becoz of the same problem u guys highlighted no power bullshit... Until glo came and gave them a run for their money... Assumin their is no glo... Nigerians woulda still be making call for 60/mins... Does that mean glo aint facing the same challenges like mtn... By the way if the is 24hrs electricity supply are they not gonna be paying for the electricity the comsume besides...if nigeria is that bad these companies wnt be makin more money in nigeria more than any other countries they operate...
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by ndidibabe(f): 12:27am On Mar 30, 2012

While you tried to pass out a good point, you were so rude. I hope mad people can find their way out of this forum. I didn't say you are mad! But u don't need to be rude! BTW, Nigerians are not cheap. Only few Nigerians, like you who think having a DSTV decoder makes them 'big boys' are cheap. @OP, no mind am. You think DSTV should be pay as you go but it is impossible. Juju's points are valid. Their business will collapse that way.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by amosy007: 12:39am On Mar 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Shattap there!

What do you know about South Afica! Abi you think say South-south na nickname for south africa. I agree say I dey clean toilet for DSTV office atleast I can afford a HD PVR decoder on my salary, bloody applicant like you. There is no place in the world where cable tv is pay as you go. Stop carrying beer palour gist around. If you no dey get NEPA light for your area and cant afford I pass my neighbor generator then blame yourself not dstv. You just displayed your ignorance when you talked about pay per view. I suggest you focus your attention on getting a good job and stop window watching dstv from your neighbours house. Cheap arse slowpoke.

okijuju why are u showing ur ignorance publicly.. Atleast if u havnt travel out of nigeria before u can use google... Haba stop showing ur foolishness...google it south africa has pay as u go.... A local champion like u... Use google or beta stil ask yahoo
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by IYANGBALI: 12:40am On Mar 30, 2012

shut the fok up.Empty barrel makes the loudest noise,oponu ode.

1 Like

Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by lilkech(m): 12:55am On Mar 30, 2012
chei !

abeg make una free okija with him juju oh

for the struggling masses . . . PHCN + DSTV = CROCODILE SWALLOW YOUR MONEY

simple
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by jostunde(m): 2:11am On Mar 30, 2012
If u wanna watch dstv free meet me and other gurus on this forum www.naija.your-talk.com
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 30, 2012
All those people supporting dstv are HIGH WITH STRONG ALCOHOL ,ANIMALS LIKE AND ABOVE ALL THEY NEED TO BE CASTRATED.

if dstv are complaining of power then they should go back to south africa simple GBAM!!! Its not by force to do biz in nigeria . This was how MTN ( EMPTY HEAD) started until GLO came to our resue.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by kombats: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2012

true talk bro. But u where kind of rude sha
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Babamide(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2012
If there is one thing i've learnt from nairaland, it is that the rich can only grow richer while the poor will become poorer.
So if my #2,8oo monthly subscription only shows one champions league match and one premier league match weekly, i enjoy it in the comfort of my living room and i watch the other important matches outside or wait for the highlights. Shikena
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Mar 30, 2012
HELLO WANKERS!!

The beauty of Life is that as long as DSTV pays their required dues, levies and taxes to the government, operate within the laws of Nigeria (local content, minimum wage & insurances) and have fulfilled all the requirements under the law to run a business here in Nigeria, all you guys can do is as follows;

1. Join them

2. Refuse to join them.

3. Cry like little bitches.

Ndidibabe: While you tried to pass out a good point, you were so rude. I hope mad people can find their way out of this forum. I didn't say you are mad! But u don't need to be rude! BTW, Nigerians are not cheap. Only few Nigerians, like you who think having a DSTV decoder makes them 'big boys' are cheap. @OP, no mind am. You think DSTV should be pay as you go but it is impossible. Juju's points are valid. Their business will collapse that way

You know that I am a douche bag when it comes to such things. . But as long as it is you, my sweet sweet Ndidi (Ada anyi), I will apologise, so here it goes;

I'm so sorry for being rude (only to you o!!) . . Im sure you know it wasnt intentional!! I have anger management issues!! But I promise to be nicer.. Hope you are doing good though!!

Iya Ngbali: shut the fok up.Empty barrel makes the loudest noise,oponu ode.

Look at this pensionier ashawo o!! Fhucking retarded clamidia infected Yoruba whor'e. . . I made the loudest noise, yet you were so deaf you didnt hear it to see the sound of reason in it!! Ewu gambia!! stuff a tampon in your mouth you re'tarded slu't. . [No disrespect intended].

amosy007: okijuju why are u showing ur ignorance publicly.. Atleast if u havnt travel out of nigeria before u can use google... Haba stop showing ur foolishness...google it south africa has pay as u go.... A local champion like u... Use google or beta stil ask yahoo

NOW!! Amosy, I was gonna call you a casterated inbred lama, but!! My anger management counsellor has adviced me not to call imbeciles by that phrase. SO SIR!!

This is going to be the closest you will ever come to getting a full bouquet on your DSTV!! I ALUSI OKIJA, The agu ji egbe 1 of Nairaland, spokesman of the gods and protector of Ndi Igbos on Nairaland, challenge you to bring us proof of this DSTV PAY AS YOU WATCH package. The proof must come from their website and I and one more witness (preferably Ndidibabe) would call DSTV south Africa and confirm. If you can do this, I will pay 3 months full bouquet subscription on your DSTV. If you cant, you will do the same . . . But since you prolly earn minimum wage and that would mean 6 months worth of wages for you (since my package on DSTV is full option with an extended decoder) I will allow you publish the numbers of 3 MTN (a south African comnpany) recharge cards of 1500 Naira for any lucky Nairalander to use.

REMEMBER THE RULE: Evidence of DSTVs PAY - PER - WATCH subscription package in South Africa. . .

Witnesses required pls.

The rest of your posts would be treated later by me. . . Depending on the outcome of the challenge I posed to you above. You have 48hours to come up with your proof.

YOUR TIME STARTS NOW: 9:00am (+1 GMT) 30th March 2012
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2012
I decided to go ahead of AMOSY007 and publish a list of DSTVs subscription Package and cost in South Africa. . So the onus now rests on him to refute it and win his price. . .

And For the rest of you saying that they dont do same in South Africa. . I have added the direct conversion of Naira to rands, just to show you that DSTV is still more expensive in South Africa than it is in Nigeria!!

Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by abhosts(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2012
DSTV paid $100,000,000 (16 Billion Naira) for Premiership rights alone, yet some people want it to be priced cheap.
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Mar 30, 2012
Its gone awfully quiet in here!! I can almost hear a pin drop!! Where is everybody!! Come tell me about South Africa again please!!! Did y'all just get schooled?! Awwww!! I was just beginning to enjoy myself!!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by vitus101: 10:57am On Mar 30, 2012
Okija ur own too much self..e be like say you get degree for cursology..you dey make sense in a way that does not make sense..abeg won mi si isan...isan lo pa Bruce Lee..omo ibo
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2012
vitus101: Okija ur own too much self..e be like say you get degree for cursology..you dey make sense in a way that does not make sense..abeg won mi si isan...isan lo pa Bruce Lee..omo ibo

Aburo mi' Kilode!!

Abi you no read where I dey apologise give them after the curse?!

Ejo interprete that incantation wey you write there make I know wether na you native greeting be that abi na another thing, before I reply you in my own language. . .

Oshe gon!!
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by ouigy99(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2012
Metrodigital tv or Qtv has been in nigeria for some time. With initial purchase of 19k5 and monthly payment of 3k5, you will watch all the matches and much more. Both epl, champions league, german, italian, etc. I know its in abj, enugu and onitsha. Go give em a try
Re: Shouldnt DSTV Subscription Be On Pay As You Use Basis? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:18am On Mar 30, 2012
ouigy99: Metrodigital tv or Qtv has been in nigeria for some time. With initial purchase of 19k5 and monthly payment of 3k5, you will watch all the matches and much more. Both epl, champions league, german, italian, etc. I know its in abj, enugu and onitsha. Go give em a try

You know I also use them!

Their matches are faster than DSTV, meaning DSTV has a delay of almost 1 - 2 minutes on matches. I prefer Metrodigital for football than I do DSTV. I only have DSTV for the hunnies. . . For some reason girls seem to be hooked on DSTV. . And they (Metrodigital) are also in port-harcourt.

For EPL, Champions League, Bundesliga, La LIga, Serie A and a shitload of other matches, your best bet is Metro Digital. . . Way better than DSTV guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Movie Conundrums. / 'My Wife And Kids' TV Show / Pictures From The African Magic Viewers Choice Awards Event..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.