Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. (24735 Views)

Strange Car Seen On Badagry, Lagos Road This Morning (photos) / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Ozonna(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2012
Enugu state have been using Innoson buses for more than a yr nw(if not 2yrs). Its as strong and durable as other foreign buses. The State also make use of Innoson waste disposal trucks. Kudos 2 Innocent Chukwuma. He's making us proud

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

I really wonder what kind of human being you are. It is like you are totally damaged. Who said the stuff below:

If you need to see a doctor, do it quick.

BTW, is this part of the buses GEJ and co promised us or we still have to wait for the promise like Electricity and Ajaokuta steel ??

LOL you sir, you are wicked
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
Ozonna: Enugu state have been using Innoson buses for more than a yr nw(if not 2yrs). Its as strong and durable as other foreign buses. The State also make use of Innoson waste disposal trucks. Kudos 2 Innocent Chukwuma. He's making us proud

Sorry brother, do you know the price range for Innoson buses most especially the waste trucks ? Would very much appreciate it. tHANKS smiley
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by kooto(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
It was the 18 seater bus i first come across last year travelling from PH to LAG, i was impressed that someone in my country is doing something great, later isaw the buses; it looks more like the CAETANO buses imported from brazil. my prayer is that our leaders that allowed peugeot to kill the first indigenous innovation before this... EDDY-BONGOS motors fully made in Nigeria then to die would have realise how many years set back that have caused this country.God bless INNOSON motors.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by pssword: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Great news, this is how to create jobs and positively impact the lives of the community. May God continue to strengthen your hand.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by emsquare(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2012
Dis Guy: what car were you driving next to it? an Innoson i hope tongue

Hahahaha!
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
Are the buses actually made or assembled in Nigeria?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by oluks05: 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Even though I haven't entered one yet am already fantasising myself in one! Proudly naija! grin
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by bashydemy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
Nice try waiting to see more made in Nigeria products
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by member479760: 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
According to Haney, the bodyguard allegedly told Williams that Woods' dead father, Earl, was "speaking to him on a regular basis and giving him instructions on how to help Tiger."
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by CasCas2: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2012
Innoson is making great strides, most likely because it is a private firm.

Remember that a government partnered company in Eastern Nigeria, ANAMMCO, Enugu, was making powerfully strong buses.

PTF bought their 1414 buses for most Fed universities then.

Unfortunately, they have run ANAMMCO down!! cry cry
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aryzgreat: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
guys, innoson IVM buses are rugged and cool, i enterd innsosn RTEAN bus from oshodi to ikorodu, mehn! the bus is beta than tata and co that ply that route. The A/C was chilling. yesterday at alaba aragu near unilag i saw innoson luxury buses loading lagos to kano, katsina and kaduna, i was marvelled and felt proud of innocent chukwuma's achievment. kudos to innoson
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Amalaaba: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Just a number of observations:
I hope we have enough people on this forum old enough to remember a bus made in Nigeria called BUREM? There was initial euphoria for this bus and they were purchased by governments at all levels, but it eventually failed because of poor policies and strategies.

Please lets all support INNOSON to succeed. It will benefit all of us eventually.

For those who want 100% Made in Nigeria vehicle; i am afraid you will wait till eternity. The headlamps for NISSAN, HONDA, TOYOTA are made in Germany. Same for some of the Cabburator, which are mostly made in USA.

By the way, i know that Peugeot 504 achieved at least 35% local production with support from several (Almost 100)Nigerian manufacturers producing cable harness, some body frames, Tyre,pointers and headlamps among others.

With INNOSON, we can do more if we support our own doggedly.

From my observation of the facilities available, most of the plastic parts of INNOSON busses are made in Nigeria.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by prettyboi1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2012
Innoson vehicles are actually made in Nigeria NOT ASSEMBLED. kudos these are the kinds of things I want to be seeing & hearing about Nigeria not stupid things like tribalism,violence,hatred,corruption etc. We are all one people. God Bless Innoson & God Bless Nigeria. This should motivate all of us to contribute our one quota to building.the country to GREAT HEIGHTS.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by prettyboi1(m): 10:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
Amalaaba: Just a number of observations:
I hope we have enough people on this forum old enough to remember a bus made in Nigeria called BUREM? There was initial euphoria for this bus and they were purchased by governments at all levels, but it eventually failed because of poor policies and strategies.

Please lets all support INNOSON to succeed. It will benefit all of us eventually.

For those who want 100% Made in Nigeria vehicle; i am afraid you will wait till eternity. The headlamps for NISSAN, HONDA, TOYOTA are made in Germany. Same for some of the Cabburator, which are mostly made in USA.

By the way, i know that Peugeot 504 achieved at least 35% local production with support from several (Almost 100)Nigerian manufacturers producing cable harness, some body frames, Tyre,pointers and headlamps among others.

With INNOSON, we can do more if we support our own doggedly.

From my observation of the facilities available, most of the plastic parts of INNOSON busses are made in Nigeria.
Great post.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Chebejohn(m): 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
DO innoson produce keke napep
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Iconium(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2012
Benzora: For all the critics saying it's assembled. I want you to know that an average toyota or hyundai car comprise over 35,000 parts but toyota or hyundai do not produce more than 4 out of that number which are the body, transmission, engine and seats. All these arm chair critics should give him some credit for adding value to the procured parts. Innoson is doing a great job as far as I am concerned.
does innoson produces the engines of the vehicle it makes?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Iconium(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2012
Benzora: For all the critics saying it's assembled. I want you to know that an average toyota or hyundai car comprise over 35,000 parts but toyota or hyundai do not produce more than 4 out of that number which are the body, transmission, engine and seats. All these arm chair critics should give him some credit for adding value to the procured parts. Innoson is doing a great job as far as I am concerned.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Obiagu1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
Iconium: does innoson produces the engines of the vehicle it makes?

No it doesn't and you don't need to make engines to be a car manufacturer.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2012
To make Innoson reach their full potential, Ajaokuta steel mill needs to work. We need to be manufacturing some parts in Nigeria as well.

Most people look for Oil Jobs but if Ajaokuta and Innoson can work together, I bet it would be the second Highest paid Job and would provide at least A million Jobs for Nigerians home and Abroad.

Nigeria needs to get her acts right before it is too late (Innoson goes to another country that appreciate them).

BTW the 1600 Buses should have come from Innoson and not imported. Also BRT buses once old and unusable they should be thrown away and use Innoson. the parts would be cheaper in Innoson than Imported ones.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by mamaafrik(m): 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
Oya innoson maalọ mọto pimpim.
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Beaf: 11:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
mamaafrik: Oya innoson maalọ mọto pimpim.

Lol! When last did I hear that? grin
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 11:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
mamaafrik: Oya innoson maalọ mọto pimpim.

Na wa oo !!! Its been time I heard this grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! When last did I hear that? grin

Sharrp dai, How old are you ? Were you born then ? grin grin
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by komodapson(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2012
i dont know y pple deh like deceive demselves,made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria?which is which
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Beaf: 12:11am On Mar 30, 2012
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2012
komodapson: i dont know y pple deh like deceive demselves,made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria?which is which

There are not car companies in the world that does not import and assemble one part of the other.

Moreover, we start from somewhere
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by kossynerule: 12:17am On Mar 30, 2012
bilms: MADE IN NIGERIAN BUSES FINALLY HIT LAGOS ROAD.

These buses where introduced bus RTEAN (Road Transport Employers Association Of Nigeria)
This is one of the patriotic action which was not even found in the Action Governor of Lagos State and many Nigerian leaders who go about Importing crude manufactured buses from India.

... I was very happy yesterday when for the first time, I drove side by side with a made in Nigerian bus.
I felt more important being a Nigerian amidst the discouragement faced daily from evil and corruption news our ruler feed us with.
made in nigeria,,by which company abeg..??
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by aljharem(m): 12:19am On Mar 30, 2012
kossynerule: made in nigeria,,by which company abeg..??

Which car company in the world does not assemble imported products ?
Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by ACM10: 12:20am On Mar 30, 2012
Innoson carry go!
I believe you die. Make una try board those buses. They are comfort re-defined.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. by Obiagu1(m): 12:21am On Mar 30, 2012
komodapson: i dont know y pple deh like deceive demselves,made in Nigeria or assembled in Nigeria?which is which

'We are here to know if truly vehicles are manufactured or just being assembled at Nnewi. We have gone round the factory, section by section and indeed observed that the vehicles are locally produced. We are also impressed to discover that Nigerians are in charge of the production process. This is a great achievement and as engineers we are happy that sustainable development is taking place in Nigeria'.

The foregoing was how the President of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Olumuyiwa Alade Ajibola, summarized the essence of a recent visit to Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Limited (IVM), Nnewi, Anambra State, by a team of top engineers from the body's branches across the country who hailed the efforts of the entrepreneur, Chief Innocent Chukwuma (OON), in establishing a new auto manufacturing plant in the country.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/52092/1/engineers-hail-innoson-seek-fgs-support-for-plant.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Can One Buy Premium Fuel ( High Octane )? / New Plate Number: How Much In Lagos? / He Wants Advice On Buying His First Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.