Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? (9504 Views)

Best School To Learn Java In Lagos / Learn Java Programming Here Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hello all, I would like to do Java programming for like five months before going for M.Sc. Do you think I have enough time to learn (training centre) and actually I have been there before I just stopped for some personal reasons so I don't know if i have enough time. Please someone help a brother in need.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by escobar07(m): 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
it depends on hw free u are going to be within d five months. Even at that, u cant become an advanced programmer within 5 months, especially if u are new to programming.

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by mrperfect(m): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2012
With determination and focus nothing is impossible.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by parosky(m): 8:08am On Apr 08, 2012
If you have the time and there's no factor outside your control to hold you back, you should be able to learn java in one month! Get a good person to hold you by the hand through the period. But learning the language is different from mastering software development with it which you'll have to be perfecting for the rest of your programming life. Along with your learning you'll need to do a lot of private reading by yourself which I don't think should scare you. Get a simple java book to start with, then graduate to "Thinking in Java" by bruce eckert. 5 months is more than enough to achieve a substantial mastery of Java!

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Joseph06: 6:58am On Apr 13, 2012
Even at that, u cant become an advanced programmer within 5 months, especially if u are new to programming.[img]http://www.dubaa.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Excelboi(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2012
5 months is even too much....
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by ahmedinho1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
5 months is more than enough but it all depend on you schedule and how fast you learn.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by hamsky: 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
If you're good with programming and you're a sharp cookie you should be able to learn it in less than a month.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Cine(m): 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
Like any programming language it will take you years of hard work and practice to become an expert.

Sure you can gain some knowledge after a few weeks of study... but don't be fooled, if you have no prior programming experience expect to put in years of work to get to a top level.

1 Like

Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Cine(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
And don't believe any one saying you can be an advanced programmer within 5 months - even if you're a mathematical genius with inbuilt inclination for code, you still won't be an advanced programmer.

2 Likes

Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by juman(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Cine: And don't believe any one saying you can be an advanced programmer within 5 months - even if you're a mathematical genius with inbuilt inclination for code, you still won't be an advanced programmer.

True. I don't think its possible.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by ekeroyal(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
You can only grab the foundation of CORE Java programming in this period if you're good enough and have the time and circumstances to do so. But you may need at least a year to fully grasp core java, except you already have knowledge of C, C++. Even at that Advanced Java is way out of reach. I just hope you've not been getting marketing pulls from training centers like NIIT & APTECH. Seriously, they're the worst places you can go to if you really want to program except you have prior knowledge of this $hits.

However, all the best in your endeavour. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by naijaswag1: 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
ekeroyal: You can only grab the foundation of CORE Java programming in this period if you're good enough and have the time and circumstances to do so. But you may need at least a year to fully grasp core java, except you already have knowledge of C, C++. Even at that Advanced Java is way out of reach. I just hope you've not been getting marketing pulls from training centers like NIIT & APTECH. Seriously, they're the worst places you can go to if you really want to program except you have prior knowledge of this $hits.

+10
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by ektbear: 1:07am On Apr 18, 2012
yes
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by MisterNRC(m): 5:47am On Apr 18, 2012
ekeroyal: You can only grab the foundation of CORE Java programming in this period if you're good enough and have the time and circumstances to do so. But you may need at least a year to fully grasp core java, except you already have knowledge of C, C++. Even at that Advanced Java is way out of reach. I just hope you've not been getting marketing pulls from training centers like NIIT & APTECH. Seriously, they're the worst places you can go to if you really want to program except you have prior knowledge of this $hits.

I don't quite agree with you on the emphasized but every dog has its day and every man also has his say.Anyways that's your opinion. Cut my teeth in both Schools in the last 7years prior to 2009 (for various capacities) and I can proudly whistle a diff. tune. Times might have changed but the underlying principle still remains true.

@OP: just as life you can only go as far you push if you are focused and determined. Same with every programming language, it take a 'lifetime of patience+skill+adaptability' to be a good one. 5months is just about 'Enough to Learn Java' as you put it but I can assure you as ekeroyal said, its just to grab the foundation of Core java.

~Cheers~
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by reloboy(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2012
If not why not
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Maricuzi(m): 8:44am On Apr 18, 2012
Is all about practice n is a lifetime stuff to be a good Java. I learnt PHP in 2months bt now is off my brain since I don't practice it. For u to market urself as a Java. Java must be ur life.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by helpsystem: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2012
Learning programming language is like learnin simple arithmetic maths,knowing it and b gud with it also is similar 2 dat of math.the more U̶̲̥̅̊ practice the more U̶̲̥̅̊ learn.i has a person learn all d̶̲̥̅̊ programmin language i knw by myself n develop myself in it own my own.all its cost me was little time,more determination and much concentratn.4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 learn java can take U̶̲̥̅̊ as long as U̶̲̥̅̊ wish even if its 2weeks.but 2 perfect is 4ever.cos d̶̲̥̅̊ more U̶̲̥̅̊ practice d̶̲̥̅̊ more U̶̲̥̅̊ learn n improve.so my dear go 4 it.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by mizne1: 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
I knew you could do It [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by ektbear: 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
You can learn almost any basic topic in 5 months pretty decently...

It isn't like it takes a decade to become competent with any programming language
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by ekeroyal(m): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
Mister NRC:

I don't quite agree with you on the emphasized but every dog has its day and every man also has his say.Anyways that's your opinion. Cut my teeth in both Schools in the last 7years prior to 2009 (for various capacities) and I can proudly whistle a diff. tune. Times might have changed but the underlying principle still remains true.

@OP: just as life you can only go as far you push if you are focused and determined. Same with every programming language, it take a 'lifetime of patience+skill+adaptability' to be a good one. 5months is just about 'Enough to Learn Java' as you put it but I can assure you as ekeroyal said, its just to grab the foundation of Core java.

~Cheers~

It's ok bro., like you said "every dog has its day and every man also has his say". I've studied in NIIT D/Line Port Harcourt 2005 and as a beginner then in a class of 23 only 3 of us are oracle certified till date. Aptech is a shadow of itself, the interesting thing is that, if you visit India the home of this IT centers they're battling for survival. I've been there a number of times and can tell you out of experience. Yes they're good at Networking, PHP, ASP.NET, Graphics but Oracle & Programming esp Java is still out of their reach if you want to know them well.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Peterson1993(m): 3:22am On Apr 26, 2012
Cine: And don't believe any one saying you can be an advanced programmer within 5 months - even if you're a mathematical genius with inbuilt inclination for code, you still won't be an advanced programmer.
cine thanks for saying that. I would have said exactly the same thing if i had seen this post b4 you. You guys should stop decieving yourselves and claiming experts that learning a programming language can take a month or two to become expert..thrash..!! I believe most guys claiming such are still even struggling with HTML for the past 7 years... @walex pls dont get fooled. Not everyone who claims to be a hacker or programmer this days is actually a real hacker or programmer. Programming languages has to do with complex codes which has an unlimted practice period. It is all about "just keep on learning" till death. U can never learn it all. U dont need to only read the code but practice and meditate them as well.. Read any thing programming related that comes your way.. Start from HTML now @ http://www.w3schools.com ... And gradually u will start finding a stronger feet
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Peterson1993(m): 3:23am On Apr 26, 2012
Just get that into ur brain
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by worldbest(m): 6:20am On Apr 26, 2012
Learning to program takes months or years of practice. But learning to use a programming language could take less than a month. Concentrate on learning to use the language for a month then give yourself a project. If you complete the project, start another one. That's how you learn to program.
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by frisahost(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2012
if u ve time nothing is impossible but u cant be that perfect in java for 5m cause its broad like php
Re: Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
thanks everybody have been goin steady and its been sweet so far yu are all d best

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With This Adobe Master Collection Software / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest. / Simple Php Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.