Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) (16943 Views)

Top 12 Popular Demand Car Brands Available In Nigeria / Toyota, 4 Other Auto Brands To Locate Assembly Plants In Ogun / 2013 Abuja Int'l Motor Fair: Compare Car Brands. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Wallie(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
Connoisseur: A particular car gave you problems dosent mean all the cars across that model and brand are defective. Factors like your mechanic (most important) and your driving habits determine how well your car serves you

Not really true! Mechanic and driving habits have very little to do with it. Moreover, in my case, the car was serviced by VW dealership where I bought the car new.

VW and Audi share most of the same engines, and any inherent problems with a particular engine will permeate through both brands, at least for that model year. The 2.0T engine used by VW is used by the following models in the US:

Audi A3
Audi A4
Audi A5
Audi A7

VW Passat
VW Jetta
VW Golf
VW Beetle
VW Eos

Is my hate for the 2.0T engine irrational based on my experience about 10 years ago? Probably! But there’s also nothing about the engine for me to like because it has largely remained unchanged for well over 10 years! I know it is somewhat more efficient nowadays due to direct fuel injection (DFI) but I have a problem buying the exact same thing twice, engine in this case, for more money!

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by fadconsult(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2012
Honda 86 model,hmmm this car really embarrased,was too ashame to even carry it around,pple
Look at me with disdain when I carry my wife inside,like see this fine girl
Inside this old car,thank God I now try a honda CRV 2000 model
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2012
Volkswagen Jetta
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by ememonl(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2012
opel omega, enjoyed mine for over ten years, even in old age, never gets me stranded, thanks to my expert mechanic who specialize in opel anyway.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by ijigbamigb(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
I used an Acura 3.2TL 1998 v6 engine and i spent over the worth of the car on it maintenance...changed the gearbox 2wice, ringed it like mad, later had to buy a new machine...but now TOYOTA>>>>>>
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by laykhorn(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
I think you're right with that OPEL OMEGA and BMW.They did the same to my dad.Also is this RENAULT and MITSUBISHI, they also cost my uncle couples of 'disaster' that he had qualms purchasing his current ride. He had to visit experienced mechs. before setin out for the ride(Infiniti). I don't advise anyone to go for those brands whatever their newly welcomed developed models.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Miroslavklose: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
Oh boy. see as pple they lament about cars.
Honestly its not about bad roads or mechanic. Some cars are not just worth it.

V6 baby boy and gear box problem has been complained by lots of pple.

Opel Omega with fuel injection is also a money draining venture.

Geely Ck almost killed me recently. anything outside Japanese cars is a no no for me
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
Darui: Mercedes legs

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by RoyalRoy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
Mazda is the most economical ride u can drive. Low fuel consumption, low maintenance. U wl only hate a mazda if u are a broke as.s nig.a. For me i hate a land rover freelander. Hell date 4my friend. Changed engine 3 times till he converted to a toyota pencil light rover. Engine and gear. LMFAO.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by leuelliot(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
Most people well know that 98 - 2004 Honda accord v6's have issues with their tranny, but i assure you if you change the atf at the recommended 60k miles with Honda recommended atf fluids Honda Z1 or DW1 (DW1 is formulated for newer transmissions 08 and above but is compatible with older trannys replaces Z1)your car should be just fine.

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by santakris(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
I dislike honda product. But am enjoying my opel astra 99 model.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by CasCas2: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2012
You guys buy oyinbo rejected salvaged and obsolete 'tokunbo' cars then start whining.

there is no car mentioned that someone somewhere is not having a good time with.

before you buy next time, check the history
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by knotty(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
Peugeot 504,,,,never again
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Connoisseur(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2012
Wallie:

Not really true! Mechanic and driving habits have very little to do with it. Moreover, in my case, the car was serviced by VW dealership where I bought the car new.

VW and Audi share most of the same engines, and any inherent problems with a particular engine will permeate through both brands, at least for that model year. The 2.0T engine used by VW is used by the following models in the US:

Audi A3
Audi A4
Audi A5
Audi A7

VW Passat
VW Jetta
VW Golf
VW Beetle
VW Eos

Is my hate for the 2.0T engine irrational based on my experience about 10 years ago? Probably! But there’s also nothing about the engine for me to like because it has largely remained unchanged for well over 10 years! I know it is somewhat more efficient nowadays due to direct fuel injection (DFI) but I have a problem buying the exact same thing twice, engine in this case, for more money!

you have a point but we could jut sat some people are luckier than others. cos for everyone who sgot a bad report card for a car; there might be someone who has enjoyed the car.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Youngsage: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hummer H2
Reason: got tired of it.
4runner, its tooo common. youngsage dislikes too common cars. 4nw its my nissan teana and my Fj cruiser... Says Youngsage cool
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Umunede(m): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2012
Any tokunbo or 2nd hand car. Use tear leather car and enjoy ur life and have rest of mind. I can neva buy anything fairly use, never.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by ify4king(m): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2012
oknee: Nissan bluebird. Always going to mechAnic. Rubbish car.
On the contrary, Nissan bluebird has been my car for abt 8 yrs now and no issues. Very strong and durable, am enjoying it till date.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Phonon: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
grin[color=#770077][/color]
Isuzu Tiger....
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by teskyg: 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2012
I think it depends on maintance.most people prefer to managed their cars.frequent maintanace is required.these are cars manufacture by learned Engineers and tecnicians.it also depends on usage.some people drive their cars to long distance places without properly servicing the car.u can imajine driving. Kia picanto from Lagos to sokoto loaded with four to five passengers and bumping into all the pot holes.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by drnonny: 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2012
Leggedes benz! i can't wish it on anybody. Not even my worst enemy. when it rains u get wet and when the sun goes up, u seek for shade.

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by damola1: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2012
drnonny: Leggedes benz! i can't wish it on anybody. even my worst enemy. when it rains u get wet and when the sun goes up, u seek for shade.

You are lucky you've got that.. it's the best ride in the whole wide world!
lilkech: mercedes 911 tipper

rubbish

cant reverse without opening the drivers door and leaning dangerously (easier when drivhng with your boy)

lol..
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Conner44: 12:09am On Mar 30, 2012
lilkech: mercedes 911 tipper

rubbish

cant reverse without opening the drivers door and leaning dangerously (easier when drivhng with your boy)

lmfao. this guy u no well
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Lexusgs430: 12:30am On Mar 30, 2012
r231: Ford Probe (Ford Problem)

Surely not the Ford Probe !!!! I drove this car, so many years ago, with extreme pleasure. The 2.5 V6 GT version was a very silky engine to drive. The engine in the probe, was actually a Mazda's !!!!
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by armyofone(m): 1:10am On Mar 30, 2012
anything Honda
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by aikorodo(m): 2:12am On Mar 30, 2012
Conner44:

lmfao. this guy u no well
ha! Ha! Ha!
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by smith27: 2:35am On Mar 30, 2012
Chrysler Grand-Voyager 2002 Model 3.8 litre engine , this car is real trouble

Chrysler Grand-Voyager = rubbbbbbbbish
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by whitedove(m): 2:45am On Mar 30, 2012
How about the Good ones? now that we know the ones that are not ok!
I will go for anything mecedes anyday.....
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by Meristem: 3:06am On Mar 30, 2012
volve s70. Any time I need the spare parts, I have to travel to Kabul, Afghanistan angry angry

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by LeJeun3: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2012
Everyone on Nairaland seems to own a car and spend big bucks!

1 Like

Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by DonCarlos1(m): 7:16am On Mar 30, 2012
Richardid: MITSHIBUSHI AND MAZDA ALL BRANDS

Men! I enjoyed my mazda 626, '91 model for 9yrs with no complain and gave it to my younger bros who is still using it. The car can still travel to anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by emsquare(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2012
Ekans: Opel omega,ol boy,i have a friend that once used that car and he went for a deliverace service with the car.F rom the day he bought it,engine overheating became his portion and a 20liter jerrycan filled with water never left his booth.

LOL!
Re: Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience) by emmysam2: 8:29am On Mar 30, 2012
[b]First Question is: How do you differentiate a good car from a bad one? Durability, Reliabilty, Work rate,Cost of Maintenance(Parts), Rate of Fuel Consumption are key factors. It is important to say that, That your brand of car gave you problem doesnt neccessarily mean the same brand or brandline is bad.
To tell you the truth from experience, a lot also depends on how you maintain your car and how good your mechanics are. I know someone who owns same Honda as mine and who has been complaining bitterly till i introduced him to my Honda mechanic. Also, I didnt have a good mechanic for my Peugeot and ended up spending much on the car. At a point i parked the car for over 3months after several mechanics tried to no avail and even changing the engine. Guess what? Someone recommended a electrician and he fixed it in no time. It was a minor electrical problem with a part that was less than 10k.
However, I can say that most Toyota and Honda cars are good, economical and cheap to maintain.
Peugeot Products are very durable, reliable and performs greatly but can be expensive to maintain.(Their Parts are expensive)
I have never used a BENZ & BMW, VOLVO, but i know a couple of people who complain about cost of maintenace and high fuel consumption.
But one thing is certain, Have a good mechanic / electrician who can precisely detect and fix faults of your can,and you will be sure you wont have much problem with your car.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Did You Do To Your Car Today? / 5 Women Who Made A Mark In The History Of Cars / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.