Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

My Own Book Review, Please Read! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Own Book Review, Please Read! (2350 Views)

Fruiting In The Desert Of Widowhood Book Review | Imelda Udoh / Nigeria's Military Coup Culture 1966-1976 - A Book Review / Book Review,please Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2007
Chapter One

I could remember that day like it just happened but no, it happened about two years ago, I had just got a new job that took me far away from home and here I am in the bedroom of the accommodation the corporation gave me. I work as a statistical analyst in geography, boring it might to you but I enjoy it and I’m good at what I do, especially because I do a lot of traveling.
The accommodation was a two-bedroom with everything one could think of but still I felt incomplete: I was lonely. I had left all my friends and family just to change scenario and, you know, have adventures.
Nevertheless, I still miss them but, knowing me, the feeling of a lost soul won’t last. By the way, I had just broken up with my guy like a week to my departure so one has got to do what the other has got to do. I have my reasons that I wouldn’t want to elaborate upon.
I got introduced to all of my co-workers earlier that morning and I thought - in fact know – that some people were going to the difficult but others were going to be simple to get along with. By the way, should I say that people trust me easily? I mean I radiate positive vibes. About me, I am what you could call charming although not all workers consider me beautiful. My greatest asset is my sense of humor. Physically, my structure is not bad. I have all the curves in the right places: proportional, slim, tall etc. Hey, I’ve got a nice face too; in fact my eyes could be called sexy. I’ll leave you to make out of what I’ve just described.
Away from me, I got back home that afternoon thinking it was time to reflect on my past to make my future. I was beginning to feel old I mean I am twenty-nine years old and not married. Also, I don’t have any serious relationship at hand. All my friends are all married with one or two kids. Not that I have a bad character or something is wrong with me it’s just that I haven’t fallen in love yet. I seek true love and nothing less. I mean, lets face it, I am the hopelessly romantic type, and I have tried to use my head but it hasn’t worked so I have accepted me for me. I believe in true love and living happily ever after. Is there anything bad in that? I don’t think so and I don’t care about what you think, either. What I know is that I can’t settle for less. It’s either my soul mate or nothing. No second best - sorry I diverted again.
So I was standing in the middle of my luxurious apartment wondering what to do with my time when my phone rang. I picked it up wondering who it was and guess what? It was my elder brothers’ secondary school mate. My brother Alex called him to inform him of my arrival. By the way, I don’t really think I like that but what would I do? I think I was eager to see Michael. I hadn’t seen him since he was little. I remember he was very skinny then and, well, I think he was also a little bit dumb then. He didn’t really talk much as far as I remembered. But the voice that spoke to me was quite different. It had been fifteen years so I expected him to be different or maybe I didn’t know what I expected. He asked about the family and asked me out to dinner so that we could talk about everything and nothing. I accepted since I had nothing to do and I was in a new lane.
We fixed for 8 p.m. He said he would pick me up and bring me home. It was around 5 p.m. I still had three hours so I took what was meant to be a nap and I woke up around seven, can you imagine! Anyway, I was well rested; I took my bath then started looking for what to wear. Did I mention I love dresses and I have a bunch of them? It took me close thirty minutes to choose what to wear. I didn’t want to look either too formal or too informal. At last I choose a mauve silk shirt with a pair of dark brown corduroy pants. I added a gold belt with a gold pair of slippers. I wore tiny gold earrings and chain, my make-up was ok and I was ready about five minutes to eight. I thought I looked stunning but who was stunned I can’t say. My doorbell rang at eight on the dot and I opened it to find the most handsome man. I was speechless; I just gawked. He was tall, not fat; he looked like the outdoor type. A stud, if I can use that word, dark and macho.
Michael said I was looking good and it’s been a long time. I just nodded. I couldn’t get anything out of my mouth but I recovered quickly. I asked him to enter for a while before we took off and he did. He looked around and asked for water. We left about five minute later to the restaurant. Ocean View was really a sight but can’t be compared to my company. Men, somebody had changed and I mean in everything. He was no more the thin, lanky boy but a strongly built bloke. Do you get the picture? I was so preoccupied with my thoughts to hear what he said
“So?” he asked.
“Sorry, I didn’t hear you.”
“I asked how it has been with you,” he repeated.
“Oh everything has been well, how about you?”
“Cool.”
“Alex said you’re a statistical analyst. It’s very interesting because I remember you never liked dull moments.”
“Well, I get me to travel a lot and I really enjoy it. What do you do?”
“Little things here and there.”
“And what does that mean?”
“I do a wide range of things from architecture to construction work. Anything, just name it and our company is there. Shall we?”
I ordered a plate of peppered shrimps and crab sauce and he ordered the same.
‘And how is your family?” I asked.
‘Fine.”
“How many kids have you got?’
‘None’
“Sorry I asked”
“Oh, it’s nothing. I know you to be the inquisitive type so next question.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“I know you are dying to ask why I don’t have kids.”
“Don’t be too sure of yourself ok, why?”
“Because I am not married.”
“Why? But Alex told me you were to get married some time ago.”
‘Yes, but things didn’t work out.”
“Oh, I’m sorry.”
‘Don’t be. Enough about me lets talk about you instead.’
“There is nothing to talk about.”
“There are things to talk about. I want to know all you’ve been doing with yourself since the last time we saw.”
“Well, I can remember clearly we were not close, then why the sudden change?”
“Just looking for something to say.”
We both kept quiet and concentrated on our meal. God bless me, I have got this huge appetite that nothing ever disturbs.
The food was as delicious as the view but there was only one thing, I couldn’t keep my eyes off him and believe me, he knew. To crown it all, he was amused and I just got irritated. Having searched for something to say I started this conversation about the weather. Who cares about weather anyway?
I finally got to ask him about him and he was delighted to tell me all he knew that after dinner I felt I had known him forever.
One thing I have to say is that although he is still quiet, he is a very strong
conversationalist and not boring at all.
Did I mention we took a metallic-brown Mercedes Benz convertible? Well, that is by the way. When we got home, I asked him in for a nightcap, which he declined gracefully. Anyway, I enjoyed myself despite by speechlessness and he left. As I was getting ready for bed I thought to myself, men, he is good looking but not my type. I mean I prefer sanguine but see me, who says the first impression lasts longer! Tell the person to try second impression.
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2007
thats chapter one, i'll send in the next chapter as soon as someone take an interest in the novel
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2007
i dont know whut to say

ur choice of words r too plain

i will like to see how it continues

im a hopeless romantic too smiley embarassed
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2007
thanks, i wrote it just fun but you make me feel it is worth reading, maybe i'ld do some editing anyway try enjoy chapter 2
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2007
Chapter 2

Work! Work!! Work!!! It has been work all throughout but I am enjoying every little bit of it. At least I get to earn my income. Make sure you love what you do, that’s what I tell those who love to hear and I sure love what I do.
I have been traveling around since I resumed. Did I mention that I went to two neighboring countries last week? Well, that’s how it’s been and you can imagine, I have not even had time for myself. I can’t complain; it has taken my mind off some things. My colleagues have been very friendly. In fact two of the girls are my good friends now. Cynthia is tall and fair in complexion. She could pass for pretty and she is the talky type while Tolu is more reserved, dark and petite. Dan has been my second. We’ve being going places together.
Dan is a jovial, bald, short man with always a twinkle in his eye. He has a great personality and he never has a dull moment. He talks greatly about his wife and kids which always makes me long for my own family. We are preparing for our annual party so the office has been very busy. It’s going to be an after-dinner affair and you’re required to bring a date. Well, I don’t have a date but I know something will come before then, trust me. I went to Gombe with Dan and by the time we came back I had a brainwave so I called Michael to help me out but he was not back and wouldn’t be back till the day after the party. I was a little bit down since he was the only person.
I decided to go alone. On the day of the party I was so jittery at the prospect of going alone that by the end of working hours I had already worked myself out. I got home around 4.p.m. I had taken my car for a proper clean up earlier so Cynthia had dropped me off to pick it up. When I got home I just took my bath and flopped in the lounge and before I knew it I fell asleep. I woke up around 6.30 feeling a little bit refreshed. I took my bath then started looking for what to wear. I finally chose a dark purple low-neck gown with yellow trimmings at the sleeves. I added a pair of silver-heeled sandals and pearls for the accessories. I made curls at the tip of my hair and left it down; I have rather long hair; made face up and was ready. I was summoning up courage to go when my doorbell rang. I was grateful for that but I didn’t know who was at the door. I opened the door and my joy knew no bounds. I threw away caution and gave my visitor a big bear hug. I was as if I had found a long-lost friend, which was rather true. Michael was as surprised was I was for hugging him. So off we went to the party and I felt complete. I talked throughout the ride. He said he had come back early and decided to come and check if I had gotten another date. He said he couldn’t miss the chance to be his friend’s younger sister’s date. That way he would be able to watch out for me like his friend asked. Could you believe that? He was still treating me like a baby; he even called me kiddo. I got irritated but all the same I was grateful for his company. When we got to the party we kind of made a statement. In fact Cynthia fell in love with Michael immediately. I know this because after dinner she came to me separately to ask if I was going out with him and I said no. So she confided in me and asked me to introduce her then give them the opportunity to talk and dance together. Sooner than I expected the opportunity came and I introduced then them left them to chat with Dan and his wife, Zainab. Zainab is a lovely little woman, quiet with bobbing hair. They were a happy couple. You could see love shining in their eyes. Zainab became my very good friend. We just clicked like that. We talked like old friends. She told me about her baby girl and the elder brother. She invited me to their place and I said sure. I later wandered back to where Michael was and was surprised to find him alone.
"How come you’re alone? Where is my friend?”
"Your boss just called her."
“So do you like her? I mean has she been terrific company.”
“Yes,” he said smiling.
“Better than me, I suppose.”
“Are you fishing for a compliment?”
“Oh no.”
“Come to think of it, I haven’t said anything to you tonight.”
“I don’t need it.”
“You don’t need to but all the same you’re looking fantastic.”
I smiled and said thanks but inside my heart went thump thump and I felt goose bumps. I grinned at him and told him he was looking so handsome and that caught him off-guard. He gave this look that I couldn’t understand then smiled. He said thanks and asked me to dance so off we went to the dance floor and by the time we got there, the music changed to slow. He held me close and we swayed to the music and you know what? For a brief moment I felt at home, I felt I was with my soul mate and I imagined it was my wedding night. I was still in my reverie when the music stopped and I looked up at my partner to find him looking at me quizzically. I wouldn’t know why, maybe because I had the self-satisfied smirk on my face because I laid my head on his shoulder throughout the dance. After the dance I saw Cynthia coming towards us. I beckoned to her and when she came over I left on the excuse that I needed some fresh air. I went to load my plate and snaffled the only chocolate bar there. I got myself a drink and went to the garden and sat under a tree picnicking by myself, enjoying myself and trying to figure out my reaction towards Michael. After much thought I concluded it was due to my lack of sex in a long while but why should it be my own brother’s friend? I thought, because he is the only available person?
“Available” the little voice in me asked.
“Well, I don’t know,” I said, “or maybe he’s just too handsome.”
“You can say that again,” the voice said during the dialogue with me. A shadow loomed over me and I nearly jumped out of my skin.
“What is a pretty girl like you doing alone in the dark?” the voice said.
“First thing, I am not trying to be rude but in answer to your question. Sometimes I like being alone,” I replied and behold the voice came out and in front of me stood the most plan-looking man I have ever set my eyes on. I couldn’t see his face very well but I could feel his plainness penetrating into the air. He was tall and lanky.
“I am Isaiah George,” he said and we shook hands. “So, Sylvia, how are you finding the party? Boring, I guess, since you are here alone. Did you bring a date? Guess he’s not caring enough to leave you all by yourself. My date just went to the ladies’, that’s why I came here. By the way, I work as a snake trader. Funny eh? I just love animals and snakes are my best pets.”
All the time I was thinking to myself how come somebody could talk this long without swallowing saliva! Where the hell is his date sef! I pity the poor girl but before I could state the thought I saw the date coming to him. Praise the Lord, I said to myself.
“Ok, later, it was nice chatting with you,” Isaiah said and I’m like, who’s been chatting? It’s meant to be, it’s nice lecturing you. Immediately after the episode I packed my plate and walk languidly back to the party and I think the drink had started working then because I felt I was floating. I steadied myself when I got to the door and tried to check for Michael. I saw him scanning the room and I guess he was looking for me because immediately he saw me he came over. It was time to leave, to make my farewells to friends. I kissed Zaniab on the cheek, promising to come check her some day. By the time we walked to the car I was feeling so tipsy that I started dancing to a tune in my head. What tune? I cannot remember. The fresh air didn’t do anything to my predicament. I was totally smashed. I don’t know what Michael did so I can’t say something about him. I just knew that when I got home he helped me to the door and since my hands were not steady he unlocked my door and led me inside. You know what happened then? I really didn't know how it happened but I found myself kissing Michael. Men, but it was out of this world. I was boiling, building or whatever you can think of. Although Michael resisted for a little while he relaxed and deepened the kiss. My tongue was on fire; it was as if I hadn’t kissed before. I thought the hair on my head was burning. I felt so hot. I was so aroused my nipples were staining to get out of the cloth. I pressed my body to his and I felt his arousal too. I moaned and tried to get my clothes off but the freaking things clung. Michael’s fingers gripped my nipple and I shuddered. I thought I was going to die if he didn’t touch me. No sooner that I shuddered than he broke the kiss and said,
“Be a good girl and go to bed, you’re drunk!”
I was flabbergasted. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Have you ever seen a black blushing before? That was what I said. I was so embarrassed I just tuned to my bedroom straight .I didn’t even say goodnight and he had the guts to remind me to bath with cold water. Well, I did what he said and felt better. I tried blaming the drink but I think I had it coming. Well, the last thought I had before I slept was that that was the last of Michael I would see but I was wrong. I had just started seeing him.
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2007
well
it sounds like a journal

and i must say this chapter 2 is a bit too graphic for me!!! embarassed
lol
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2007
Gamine:

well
it sounds like a journal

and i must say this chapter 2 is a bit too graphic for me!!! embarassed
lol
yes, it is more like a journal thing, too graphic expanciate
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2007
Graphic, as in raw details i reli dont need to read!!!! embarassed
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 5:13pm On Oct 16, 2007
hey, we are adults
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2007
CHAPTER 3
It’s now about six months into my stay with the corporation and everything has been wonderful so far. Cynthia couldn’t help talking about Michael since that party two months ago. I haven’t talked to Michael since then. He called so many times but I didn’t pick up his calls then he stopped. I heard from Cynthia that he traveled out of the country and would be back in two months’ time. How did Michael expect me to pick his calls after what he did to me? Whenever I think about what happed that night, which is very often, I get hot in the ears.
The other morning, I mean the morning after the party, as if walking with a beautiful terrible headache coupled with this sexy nausea was not enough, I couldn’t concentrate on anything else. It got to the extent that I had to create time to sit down and think about nothing but the night before.
“Me kissing Michael,” I thought.
“Why did it happen?”
“Because you wanted it,” the little voice said.
“No I didn’t.”
“Stop hoodwinking yourself.”
“Or did I? How come I didn’t know I did?”
”Uh uh ask me one more time.”
“What would he think of me? I mean as his friend’s younger sister or as a woman?”
“I don’t know.”
“Ok, then, find out,” said the voice.
“Never,” I screamed.
“I am not even going to talk to him again,” I said.
“Coward.”
“What!”
“Zilch.”
And that was how it was although it didn’t stop me thinking about the kiss, the pleasure and the wanting feelings that accompanied it. I thought I was savvy enough to look at it objectively but my emotions were rioting and, to compound it all, Cynthia was always talking about him and again there is Cynthia to consider. Cynthia is thoroughly smitten over Michael and there is nothing I can do about it. She has even made me her best friend. She showed me all the clothes she bought prior to Michael’s homecoming and I can’t help but feel guilty. I can plainly see that Cynthia is love struck. How could I explain to her what happened if Michael decided to tell her? I couldn’t explain what I was feeling. Finally I concluded I was being insincere with the man so I gave myself the assignment to find a man quickly and be serious. Do I digress again?
I think I am making digression a continuous thing. Well, all that was some months ago.
Back to the present. I went to Dan’s place and I enjoyed myself. It was like a second home to me. Zainab was like the sister I didn’t have. We cooked together and she talked about how she met Danjuma and how her family opposed him but she went ahead anyway. She told me she doesn’t think anybody is as happy as she is now. Her parents even came around when they saw how happy she was. Well, her warmth was contagious.
“So how about your family?” Zainab asked
“They are all fine.”
“Any siblings?”
“Yes, I have an elder brother.”
“You mean you are just two? My parents gave birth to eight. I am the last female but I have two brothers behind me.”
“Jeez that’s something but I love children myself. I am planning to have four then adopt others.”
“So when are you planning to enter into the group thing?”
“I don’t know. I am not in any relationship for now.”
“Sorry but hope you are not living in the past?”
“Me? I don’t have the time to do that. I have got life ahead. Life is too beautiful to live in the past. By the way why did you say that?”
“Well, I expected someone like you to be getting ready to marry if you are not married by now and you are not a career woman.”
“No, I am not career woman; I haven’t just met the right person.”
“Oh, oh I can understand. When I met Dan I felt complete and I knew I had finally ceased to search.”
“Well, I am still searching but I don’t feel that I am still searching and that’s the problem now.”
“See, my friend, then that means there is somebody very close then.”
“Don’t kid yourself.”
“What about your date to the party?”
“Michael! Um, apart from the fact that he is your brother’s friend and he treats me more than a little sister, I think Cynthia and he have this thing going for them.”
“So?”
“So what”
“I mean do you feel anyhow about him because…”
“Because what”
“Answer my question first.”
“Finish your sentence first.”
“Okay, okay because you two looked like an item.”
“Are you sure that what you wanted to say”
“Why Is there anything that I am missing?”
“No”
“Ok then don’t divert, answer my question.”
“What if I choose not to?”
“Then I’d be force to conclude.”
“That”
“You know.”
“I don’t know.”
“So, are you answering or not?”
“Okay, he is just three handsome.”
“That doesn’t answer the question.”
“What do you want me to say?”
“How you feel about him?”
“No how.”
“Liar.”
“What do you say?”
“Liar, liar.”
“Okay, physical attraction.”
“Hmm.”
“Lust.”
“Hmm.”
“What! I mean I find him so manly I want to get down with him.”
“Continue.”
“It’s insane but I can’t help it. I feel his body calling me anytime we are together.”
“It’s not insane. I nearly slept with Dan on the first date but managed to wait till second date.”
“Zainab!”
“Well, it’s the truth.”
“But yours is different.”
“How different?”
“Every.”
“As how?”
“You guys meet and liked each other.”
“So?”
“We didn’t.”
“Continue.”
“My brother called him to come see me and to help me adjust. Michael does not even see me as a woman.”
“How do you know?”
“Well, the other day…I just know.”
“What happened the other day?”
“Oh, nothing.”
“Hmm.”
“Okay I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Alright, but know that whenever you need to talk I am always there.”
“Thanks.”
“You are not serious. I feel I’ve known you forever.”
“Me too.”
Silent companionship and we were sharing a cup of ice cold tea when the baby cried
“She’s awake,” Zainab said and there was no quietness in the house till she slept again.
We both went to attend to the baby and Zainab allowed me to bathe her, then she fed her.
I left their place later in the evening. It was a tiring but happy day. I invited the whole family over the next weekend and they agreed to come. I took my bath, prepared myself a meal of yam and scrambled eggs, then took out a new novel to make my day complete. I later slept off. I woke up early to go for my early morning jog and guess who I saw? Isaiah George. I don’t even know he was living down the terrace.
“Hey you,” he said.
“Lovely morning to you, Isaiah.”
“So you jog I have not seen you around before.”
“Yes, I just jog once in a while.”
“Eh, that’s ok. I have been telling my girl to join the jogging crew but she won’t listen.”
“But she has a good shape.”
“Oh, I know she does. We both decided that when she weighs more than a hundred pounds she should go on carrots and water.”
“Holy Moses, but that’s ridiculous.”
“You think so Check her out. I am vegetarian myself, by the way, there’s nothing bad in it.”
“Do vegetables help charm snakes, too” I asked
“You remember that I’m a snake charmer? That’s good, that’s good. Are you a Christian?”
“Yes, why”
“Nothing, which church do you attend?”
“No church.” I replied wanting to hear what he had to say
“Why You should attend church, in fact I am inviting you to my church. Are you married?”
“No.”
“I guessed as much.”
“meaning?”
“Well, you don’t attend any church and I put two and two together.”
“What exactly do you mean by that?” I asked
“See, most people like Christians and church is the best place to get a good person. You know, you go church and God will answer your prayers and God will know and love you.”
“In other words, you are saying that perhaps because I don’t go to church, I am a sinner and will eventually go to hell.”
“Practically yes, but…”
“Don’t worry, Isaiah, its nice talking to you but I have to go. See you some other time.”
“Wait. I have offended you.”
“No but I’ve got things to do,” I said and left. I was perplexed not even about his Christian orientation, this guy must be crazy. I mean they’ve got an issue, both him and his girlfriend. Upon all the delicious foods in the whole world. In fact, see his orientation. Can you believe that He really looks like the snake he is. Charming, he needs a charmer himself. And by the way, his girl must be a slowpoke, I am sure of that. Well, don’t think me bad, the guy himself is practically a dickhead. I need to go back to sleep. I can’t start my day like this. Really, I didn’t even bother jogging again. I just went back inside. Early Sunday morning and the first person I am meeting is a nitwit. What is today going to be like I was still thinking about that when I felt wet between my thighs. Alas, it was my red day, can you dig that I am meant to tender in my report for the week tomorrow then take off to Jalingo with Dan and this thing came. I mean today of all days I was going to the bathroom to wash myself, thinking what worse could happen when I slipped, fell and broke my ankle, see? I managed to crawl to the bathroom, at least that was a false alarm, it was only sweat so I struggled to shower, dressed, then i called the company’s hospital to report.
The visiting doctor said he would come right away so I sat down and waited for the inevitable. I knew I was going to be in a cast but I didn’t for now long. Man, Isaiah is such explosive bad luck. I felt like strangling the nonentity. The doctor came and took me to the hospital. They x-rayed my ankle. It was nothing much, just a sprain, but I would have to be in cast for a week. Just imagine! I got back home with the aid of crutches, prepared my notes, ironed, and cooked a delicious meal to send all the badness away from my life.
Food, I tell you is a cure for all stress, physical, psychological and emotional. And I don’t mean just food but a good and delicious balanced diet. After eating, I felt better. I felt like I could take on the world that I forgot that I had a sprained ankle. I jumped to get some music going and found myself on the floor and accompanying it was a very, very, I mean very sharp pain that made me remember my great-grandparents. I looked for two good minutes then I gave this satisfying scream. I enjoyed it. I sat on the same spot for twenty minutes before thinking of what to do. For somebody who had decided not to ever take alcohol again I was kidding. I crawled to the bar, picked a bottle of scotch and drank straight from the bottle. I later zonked out. When I opened my eyes it was five o’ clock Monday morning, imagine I slept for straight fourteen hours. Fortunately I didn’t have a hangover.
I took my bath and got ready for the day. I wore a posh suit then I could not find what shoes to wear. Finally I chose an acceptable deep red pair of flip-flops, and then called a cab to office. I got to the office looking so funny to myself in crutches and suit that I had this smirk on my face. Everyone thought I looked cute in the cast. My boss shifted my report then gave me two weeks’ leave for rest and proper treatment.
Cynthia dropped by and I had the day to myself doing nothing but lazing around. As I sat down to a chocolate bar my doorbell rang and I went to see who it was. Standing before me were a dozen white roses. I collected them from the delivery boy, signed and read the card inside. It said, “Don’t stress that leg, its beautiful, Michael.” My heart was slain and I felt as if I had just finished a 200-meter hurdle race.
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2007
Who is we?

i dont hv to see that stuff in print, its all im saying!!

lol

but u go girl!!!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by seluvsmayo(f): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2007
This story is really nice, i just want to encourage you not to give up. Please post the next chapter. I cant waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 8:11am On Oct 26, 2007
thanks for the encouragement, i was almost giving up
so her comes the fourth chapter
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2007
CHAPTER 4

My heart is running, my body is quivering, and my stomach is turning. I suddenly don’t have enough saliva in my mouth. What is happening to me? I am just behaving as if I am going on a first date of which I ain’t even going on any date. All of this I can kid myself is because Michael sent me white roses. How did he know I sprained my ankle? Is he going to come around? Is he even back? Don’t be a ninny, he is back, the voice said
“Should I call him?”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“No.”
“Ok, anything you wish.”
“But?”
“He might come and he might not.”
“What do I do?”
“Call.”
“No!”
“Ok, dump, I am tired of your whining.”
“Shut up and do something.”
“Like what?”
Zilch again.
The voice decided not to help me. So I took my bath, wore my best casuals, ordered home delivery and waited hoping that Michael would show up. Even if he did how was I going to react? What kind of conversation am I going to make? Would I stammer? Would I fall while walking? I started practicing the conversation. Men, this is unlike me. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. I hope I am not losing it, I told myself. My doorbell rang and my heart sang to the tune. I walked slowly and unsteadily to the door and opened it only to discover it was the guy who came to deliver my food. My heart sank so low that I had to hop to lift it up. I paid him and he left then I decided to eat. I finished eating and he hadn’t even arrived. I took up a book to read, slept off along the line and, to cut a long story short, I waited in vain. He did not come. I got worried that something had happened to him. I picked up the phone to call when my mind reminded me that he never said he was going to come in the first place. I got angry with him then at myself for being so stupid. I later went to bed thinking that I wouldn’t be able to sleep.
Coming from the disappointment I suffered I guess nobody disappointed anybody but I still felt disappointed anyway. But believe me, I slept and I even slept late. I woke up to the sound of my doorbell and at first decided not to get it but when it was persistent I put on my nightgown and crutches and walked to the door. I opened it to see Michael grinning at me. I was so surprised to see him at my door at nine o’clock in the morning grinning like a cat coming from the milk factory that I swooned. I mean I felt faint. I just stood there and he had to compound everything by laughing. I nearly hit the door on his face. Never have I in my wildest imagination ever thought of Michael seeing me like this. I hadn’t even brushed my hair. Michael made a move to enter and I realized I was standing in front of the door and I didn’t even say good morning not to talk of asking him to enter. I moved to the side to allow him in. He entered, dropped the box in his hand and to my second greatest surprise of the millennium, I hadn’t even recovered from the first one, he gave me a bear hug and that made me faint finally. Michael must have won a jackpot, I thought faintly. My eyeballs became one and he laughed out loud. I guess I really looked funny because I didn’t see anything to laugh about. I nearly drooled over Michael while he was laughing at me. When he caught his breath he asked how I was. And I just looked. I guess something good had happened to him during the night because he was just full of smiles. I couldn’t even say a word. How did this happen? he asked. I just gave him a sheepish smile and he dropped a peck on my nose. That led me to my grave. I thought I was going to die of a busted heart. I needed to call but all I did was stagger to a nearby chair and flop down.
“Are you ok?” Michael asked, seeing me stagger.
“Hmm. No… Yes.”
“No? Yes?”
“I mean, yes and no.”
“Yes?”
“My leg is fine.”
“No.”
“Are you real? I mean, what has gotten into you?”
Smiles.
“How come you came here with me like this and you’re still smiling?”
That made him laugh and he walked to the fridge to bring out some juice.
“See what I mean… You are doing as if you own this place.”
“Relax your head and take this,” he said giving me the box he brought along.
“How did you know I hurt myself?” I asked.
“Drink this and open the box first. I am not going yet. I though we would spend the day together if you don’t have anything doing since you’re on leave.”
I opened my mouth and shut it back then asked, “How did you know?”
“That what I said. I still have time and I am not in a hurry.”
“Em …em I saw, em, the roses, em, yesterday. They were beautiful, thank you.”
“You like them?”
“No! I love them.”
He just chucked.
I opened the package and pulled and a big box of chocolates and a sweat shirt in one of my favorite colors. I nearly kissed Michael at that moment but I just checked myself but my eyes were bulging out of their sockets and my teeth were struggling to get out of their gums. I couldn’t even say thank you properly; I was just babbling. I wondered why my hard-learned ethics decided to desert me. Michael was just being a scamp and I was getting more and more confused but elated. Somehow I excused myself and went inside to take my bath but to say the truth, I started berating, dancing when I got inside the bathroom. I heard Michael whistling one old time, “Get down out by cool, “ and I joined in the singing. I finished bathing and as I was getting dressed I started perceiving some nice delicious odor but I thought nothing of it only to discover that it was coming from my kitchen. Michael was cooking me breakfast. I nearly died when I saw the food. I wanted to pinch myself to see if it was a dream then I decided not to because I wanted it to go on. I sat trying to put everything into perspective when Michael came back from the kitchen and ordered me to stuff my belly.
“Michael, I am getting suspicious. Hope no problem.”
“And why might you think there is any?”
“Well, I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve all this and you’re just been too nice.”
“I am not being nice. Also, I missed you.”
I could swear my eyes jumped out of their sockets, ran round the sitting room, hit the wall then jumped back where they belonged. I had to blink twice to stay in focus and I had to remind myself to swallow. All the while Michael was looking at me intently and, for the second time in my life, I turned purple. Seeing my embarrassment Michael chucked.
“Sylvia, you don’t have to look like that. I came here to say sorry for the other day and I am just doing my best to make you forgive me.”
“You mean you are giving me bribe?”
“No, I just feel like doing all what I did. I just said I missed you. See, I shouldn’t have treated you that way and that was why I tried calling but you wouldn’t pick my calls and I had the intention of calling on you the next evening but I had to travel. When I got to work that morning it was an emergency so I called Cynthia to tell you I traveled since you wouldn’t pick my calls.”
“Oh.”
“Immediately I came back yesterday I went to your office only to be told you had a sprain and were on leave. But I couldn’t make it down here and I was tired so I sent the roses. So am I forgiven now?”
“Well, it is really nothing.”
“What is really nothing? Forgiven the kiss or me?”
“I… you…”
“See about the kiss…”
“Oh, forget it. I turned on you. It just happened and I should be saying sorry.”
“No need. The kiss…”
“Was nothing.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes. I was drunk, remember?”
“Ok, I remember, but if you weren’t hurt why didn’t you pick my calls?”
“I was embarrassed. I didn’t know what you were going to think of me.”
“Ok, I see, but you were sweet.”
“Sweet?”
“Yes, you’ve got lovely lips. I melted inside. Uh um is it confession time?”
“Confession? I’m just saying how I feel.”
“Uh we’ll see.”
He was giving me this look. It penetrated to my bone marrow. I had to take my eyes off and look everywhere but him.”
He changed the subject and I was glad.
“Cynthia ….”
“What about her?”
“She is a very nice girl.”
“Oh yes, she is.”
“And very attractive.”
“Very.”
“Is she married?”
“No, why? You interested?”
“Maybe.”’ My heart sank and I got irritated and all the while he was looking at me questioningly so I quenched all feeling whatever and concentrated on the conversation.
“Am I?”
“Uhm, forget about that for now, ok?”
I nodded in the affirmative. “Do you play chess?” I asked.
“Yes I do. Wanna play?”
“Yep. Want to bet?”
“Sure, on my terms.”
“Name it.”
“I win, I get to do anything to you, and otherwise.”
“I uhm-um don’t uhm-um think that’s a good idea.”
“You sacred?”
“No, but I am not drunk either.”
“Ok, let’s hear yours.” I wondered why he gave up so easily. I didn’t even want him to. I just said that for formality’s sake.
“Cash?”
“How much have you got? ‘No cash, we’ll modify what I said.”
“So?”
“I get to do one thing at a time not anything, ok?”
“Agreed.” I saw but my mind was racing.
He won the first round and I really got into the game so I won the second. He asked me to claim my bet and I asked what he wanted to claim.
“I am saving it till we finish,” he said with a mischievous glint.
On the whole I won only two. I wondered how he did it because I am a good player – in fact very good. I even thought he was cheating but I never caught him.
I was waiting with anticipation to what he was going to do although I hadn’t figured out how to claim my bet when he stood up, came toward me but I couldn’t move. I just sat there. He pulled me up. Holy sugar, he’s seducing me, I thought. He moved his eyes over my face and down my throat. I shivered.
“Are you cold?” he asked. I shook my head. He sat me down on the couch and sat beside me so close that I was aware of his aftershave. He turned to face me and our eyes caught. I couldn’t stop looking at his eyes. They were so beautiful. He bent he head and brushed his lips across mine. His first kiss was light and feathery. The next one was firm and questing then he deepened it. He opened his mouth over my lips and I had no choice but to part my lips. Our tongues touched and we tasted each other. It was sensational. He moved from my mouth to my neck. I moaned as he kissed me everywhere and anywhere all over. I thought I was floating. I couldn’t even remember how my lips came off my body. All I knew was those perfect hands performing wonders on my body. He kissed me some more then turned his attention to my breasts, my throbbing breasts, and my nipples were so hard they ached. He trailed kisses over the mould of my right breast, like driving to the valley, then to my left breast. I wanted to go crazy. I was so wet I thought I was going to come any minute. It was just the beginning. Finally, he took hold of my nipple. He flipped his tongue over it like he was tasting ice cream then he started suckling. I screamed out in pleasure. I pressed myself to him. I wanted him inside me but I guess he was not done yet because he changed course and turned to my left breast. I was just whimpering. It was too much for me. I had never felt so deliciously sweet before from my breast. He moved up showering kisses on my face then trailed down my neck to the hollow of my breast down to my navel. He unfastened my belt and based my heart over my lips. I heard Michael swear. I opened my eyes to see him naked and marvelously virile.
“I want you so much,” he said and placed me properly on the couch then slipped his hands into my panties. He stroked my wetness and I came but just as I thought that was all he started trailing kisses. Drawing the shape of my panties with his mouth he pulled my panties off then waited for a minute. When I didn’t feel his touch again I opened my eyes to see him gazing at me. Instinctively, I covered my region.
“Don’t I want to drink your sight? You’re very, very beautiful.”
“Thank you."
Then he cupped my backside with his hand and buried his head into my creaminess. I moaned aloud.
“Do you want me to stop?”
“No.”
He knew where to touch and how to touch. I cried out its name.
“Hmm? Am I hurting you?”
“No.”
“Do you want me?”
“Yes.”
“Now?”
“Now.”
He moved between my thighs and looped my arms around his neck. He kissed me just as his sex – hard, full and smooth - tunneled deep inside me. I felt this was where I belonged. It was sublime. I was in love and, to make it more perfect, we both came at the same time. I heard him call my name. Oh, it was good; it wasn’t like anything I had experienced before. He rolled to his side and the first cool air blew over my body. That was when the reality of what I had done set in.
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by RuuDie(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ slitty,

very, very picturesque. . . . . you sure have a way of telling a story with amazing simplicity!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by realdemi(f): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2007
Slitty, you were a bit too sensually graphic for my 'personal' liking. It seems like a Journal because you were constantly talking to yourself, forward and back. Your diction is good but you mixed up your tenses in some parts. Your opening lines particularly seem weak in this respect. Check this out:

I [s][/s]could remember that day like it just happened (yesterday), but no, that was about two years ago. I had just gotten a new job that took me away from home and there I was in the bedroom of the apartment that the Corporation had given me.
I worked as  a statistical analyst in geography, boring as it might sem to you, I enjoyed the work. I was good at it  especially since I did a lot of travelling.

The apartment was a two-bedroom with everything, and u can go on!

It's a good work on the whole cos you flowed naturally and you were quite comprehensive and comprehensible. Keep it up!
Is that the end of the story?
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2007
too much dialogue!!!

aarrck!!!!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2007
RuuDie:

@ slitty,

very, very picturesque. . . . . you sure have a way of telling a story with amazing simplicity!

thanks
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2007
Gamine:

too much dialogue!!!

aarrck!!!!

sooooooooo funny, i said reveiw not condemm, real_me's review is a good example.

aarrck
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2007
real_demi:

Slitty, you were a bit too sensually graphic for my 'personal' liking. It seems like a Journal because you were constantly talking to yourself, forward and back. Your diction is good but you mixed up your tenses in some parts. Your opening lines particularly seem weak in this respect. Check this out:

I [s][/s]could remember that day like it just happened (yesterday), but no, that was about two years ago. I had just gotten a new job that took me away from home and there I was in the bedroom of the apartment that the Corporation had given me.
I worked as a statistical analyst in geography, boring as it might sem to you, I enjoyed the work. I was good at it especially since I did a lot of travelling.

The apartment was a two-bedroom with everything, and u can go on!

It's a good work on the whole because you flowed naturally and you were quite comprehensive and comprehensible. Keep it up!
Is that the end of the story?

thanks, it was to be like a journal, like remembering the past, as for the present /past tense interface, she(sylvia) just caught in the past e.g when a close person dies for the first few months one will still refer to him or her as present not to talk of someone's best romantic experience. as for the sensuality(wanted it to be practical) and lastly that is not the end of the story. wink
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2007
CHAPTER FIVE

I woke up with a feeling of contentment.
I saw myself in a loose T Shirt through the morrow. I stretched like a cat then I saw I was wearing panties I was trying to figure out when I remembered. Holy sugar I thought sitting bolt upright. I check my beside clock and it was a quarter to seven jeez how long have slept? When did I sleep where Michael different thought is and emotions were just running through me? Michaels’ touch his kisses, his voice the way he called my name, his beautiful body and his member Oh I felt a little bit embarrassed at myself for thinking like that but I can’t just help it his huge and sweet. I was already getting wet again thinking about how his finger worked Oh me. Where is he now? The thought brought me back to reality. I prayed he would have gone because I don’t really know how to face him again but some how
I knew he wasn’t gone and I was a little bit happy for that. By the way he said something about wondering but he didn’t finish I got more curious that it over came my embarrassment.
So I walked gingerly to the kitchen but I met Michael on his way with a tray of pancakes.
He was wearing trousers and I couldn’t help but remember the feel of his chest against mine.
I shook the memory away but not before Michael saw it in my eyes and he even had the guts to look amused.
"Hi”
“Hi”
“What’s this?”
“Pancake?
“Thanks”
“No problem, did you sleep well?
“Yes”
Silence, we stayed looking at each other awkwardly then.
“Don’t stress that leg, sit down”
“I am not stress…….”
“Don’t agree or else”
“Or else what”
“Tray arguing first”
“I said I am not” …. Before I could finish the sentence, he put the tray down and carried me to the rocking chair. I struggled to set down although I was enjoying it but the more I struggled the more be tightened grip and dropped kisses on my nose. I couldn’t help but set the absurdity of all and I collapsed into fit of laughter he joined and I love the way the sound rumbled beneath his skin he placed on the chair, brought the plate them proceed to feed me bit by bit. All the earlier thought I had about not knowing how to face him disappeared and I just relaxed.
“Thanks”
“For what?”
“All this”
“You can do better than that”
“What?”
“Can I get a kiss instead of thank of you?”
“Yes you can”
”I am waiting”
“No!”
“No?”
“You’ve gotten the thank you may be next time”
“No take the thank you back I want the kiss”
“You’ve not serious”
“Deadly”
“You are nuts”
“Really” I shyly gave him a peck on the cheeks but he expertly turned in time to capture my lips and he gave me the soul snaking kiss that left me breathe”
“Bully”
“At your mercy, mademoiselle”
“What was it you said you wondering about?
“Oh, the kiss”
“The kiss?”
“Yee, if he was the alcohol that made it so explicit”
“So?”
“I have made conclusion”
“That?
“Want to hear” I nodded
“It is even better, sober” “You’re divine”
My heart glowed and I warmed all over.
“So how did you sprain your”
“I fell down”
“Fell down? Doing what”
“Nothing, I was going into the bedroom when I hit the cushion I look my balance fell down and snap ankle sprained”.
“Sorry”
“Don’t be that day was as bad as it can be in one word, bitch”.
“That’s two words”
“Smart ass”
“So tell me about it” and did’.
“So you me that tiny weasel caused all this?
“In a general sense yes”
“Sylvia! You’re the bomb”
He came behind him and started massaging my back. Already relaxed before, I felt am floating “him Michael”, we have to talk”
“Say that again”
“What!
“My name” but he started his teeth to work on my neck making breath his name out. I wondered how he got to be so perfect. He stopped, came around, cupped my face in his then kissed me so tenderly that I felt like crying.
He said he would be leaving and.
“See you tomorrow” he said
“Ok”
“Won’t I get a by” bye kiss
“Michael” I kissed him
“What about good night kiss”
“An”, I kissed him again
“Tomorrow morning”
“Holy sugar” another kiss
“To make my day lovely, I think
I need another one
“You are not serious but all the same, another kiss.
He left, and the rest of the night was spent day-dreaming I was floating. It was the best sex I ever had sin I started having sex.

……………………………………………

“Hello”
“Hey” it zaniab
“Zaniab, good to hear from you how are things”
“Fine, I heard about your ankle, sorry
“It no problem, sister how are kids?”
“Disturbing asexual”
“Dan!
“Kicking, are you going to be home tomorrow” I heard you’re on leave and because of the cast I don’t think you’ll be moving about that much
“Yes I am at home are you bringing the kids?
“No I got a sister for them so it’s all girls
“Thank you dear what time should I be expecting them?
“Ah, say 11am. Wait is there anything I am missing
“Why?
“You sound happy and excited about something or is it somebody?
“Well… um…
“An Ah Michael
“What! How did … I mean what made you think of him
“Well, is he the one or not?
But it’s not what you think
“What did you think I think?
“Well like he … “
“Guilty conscience?”
“No No No”
“You don’t have to say no 3 times if it’s not that”
“Oh shut up
“Sylvia as got a boyfriend Sylvia got a boyfriend”
“Holy sugar, shut that trap, you don’t even know how to sing”
“Me? Ask Dan”
“You’re not serious”
“So, see ya tomorrow and I want every detail”
“Ok bye but there is nothing to tell”
“Say that again”
“Ok something to tell”
“Good girl”
“ Bye greet everyone and kiss the baby for me”
“Sweet dreams”
You bet and you too”
“Hmm you kiss too
“I love kissing you’re so delicious
“You are too
“Oh sweet heart you make me want to loose control”
“Chuckles” exactly my thoughts
“Adorable that what you are
“Strong, sexy and manly are you”
“Baby, see what you do to me”
“Huge, uh can I taste?”
“You are…. “Groans “sweet sweet sweet”
Chants “I want you so badly
“Hmm”
“Do you want me too?”
“Nodes”
“Say it, Mon. Cherie I want to hear”
“I want you, yes very bad and now”
“Oh my love”
“Me too” as the two babies merged into one. I felt this light on my face and I thought was in heaven
I opened my eyes to see the familiar ceiling of my room also it was sunshine bolt upright, I had been dreaming, not just dreams but wet dreams at my age, I think am losing it. As I thought about with need, my body throbbed with need. Once I had been told that I only see what I want to see, listen to my choice of words and now I think it is applying I am dreaming, seeing and hearing what I want. I don’t know if I love Michael or not but I sure know that we’re physically altercated to each other and he as little control over it as well enjoy it while it last. You are now talking the little voice said. My mobile rang and I picked it up
“Hello
“Hello love” my heart diva somersaulted
“Michael” I said a little breathless
“Oh, I’ve trying you land line so I thought you went jogging on your crutches
“You’re nuts
“You just woke up”
“Yes
“Did you sleep well?
“Yes you?
“Partially, I was thinking about you – my head became light – and I had this hard on that wouldn’t go down until I bathed three times in cold water, when I finally slept I dreamt about you I woke this morning with another huge hard on. Now I am particle direction, which is automatically becoming full just hearing your voice.
“Michael? You are raw” giddying
“Well that’s what you do to me
“Naughty boy”
“Man not boy, did you dream about me?
“I don’t know only if you are the guy
Kissing me in my dreams then I think so”
“Well I’m sure am the one, even if not I accept to be the one”
“You are a dimwit”
“Guilty as charge”
“C ya later I’ve got to run I have a meeting in 2min”
“Alright o”
“Don’t stress that leg ok?”
“Ok”
Michael dropped and I still held the phone for some min sovereign the calls then I remember zainab I rushed to the bathroom to get myself decent enough. It was getting a quarter to eleven when I was finally ready. I decided to make some omelets since am still have bread in the fridge. I was about to eat when Zainab came.
“So” how did you Sprain your ankle”
“My friend, it is a long story, let just forget about it”
“Alright sister but when are you removing the cast”
“The day after tomorrow
“Have you taken a picture?
“How?
“You the cast and the crutches”
“You can’t be serious your head is full of imaginations”
“That the attraction" want cooking
“Bread and omelet tea pancake”
“Yummy so the details”
“About what?
“Do I have to spell it out?
“No”
“So?
“Well he came and um we talked ……
“One thing led to another and you kissed and you ……
“Zainab!
“Is it a lie?
“Well, something like that”
“Hakone, my friend”
“He’s called me today and he would be coming over later”
“So?
“So what?
‘How do you fell about what happened”
“Extremely happy but am scared”
“That?
“Don’t know
“Hmm” she did talk again
“Say something” smile just chucked then
“Let’s leave that for now”
We talked about other things shared the chocolates Michael brought she left for home later.
Michael came around brought yellow daisies, he was very caring and I felt at the peak ever. It’s like being in paradise. Who says there is no paradise on earth? Anyway it all depends on you but if this is paradise I bet I will be very religious.
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by vescucci(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2007
Slitty, I'm sorry I didn't have the time to go through your story but at first glance I think it has way too much conversation. I was overwhelmed with quotation marks. Describe other things like for instance the people who are talking to each other. OK. But I'm sure it'll be a good read though! Ciao!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2007
u can say that again!!! shocked
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by vescucci(m): 11:09am On Oct 30, 2007
Ok will do, here goes, Slitty, I'm sorry I didn't have the time to go through your story but at first glance I think it has way too much conversation. I was overwhelmed with quotation marks. Describe other things like for instance the people who are talking to each other. OK. But I'm sure it'll be a good read though! Ciao! lol!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2007
vescucci:

Ok will do, here goes, Slitty, I'm sorry I didn't have the time to go through your story but at first glance I think it has way too much conversation. I was overwhelmed with quotation marks. Describe other things like for instance the people who are talking to each other. OK. But I'm sure it'll be a good read though! Ciao! lol!

thank you, and try taking time to read tru,
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2007
Gamine:

u can say that again!!! shocked

been noticing all your comments,and i conclude that my attempt actually disgusts you.

thanks maam, but one thing, if it is that horrible don't read.

by the way why do you you keep coming back [sub](attractive, isn't it?) [/sub]

come to think of it, is that the end of the story you posted? more from you pls

thanks again grin grin
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by angelempy(f): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2007
come on slitty, this is supposed to be gemane's thread and i must say slitty stealing the show from the owner.
oh well fizzle
i am also a writer.
gemane your piece is quiet a bomb. it sgood. kind of explains my own predicament but the difference is the eye colour thing.
slitty, your thing is quite too plain. u use the same language and woddings over and again. its too plain and i seems like it was written under duress.
pls ignore if it sounds rude.
lawyer, u are such a good guy. i wonder if u acn hep me critique one of my works.
hmn seun, i'm posting replies today for the first time nad i must confess this site is one hell of a wonderful site.
expect myy own thread soon!
[/color][color=#990000][
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by slitty: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2007
sorry my mistake, just saw that now, she should av said so and not attack and by the way i never said i was a writer, wrote the stuff when i was bored (just for fun) thanks all the same. won't bother with the remaining you can be rest assured.

@ Gamine, you can have your thread back senorita
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by RuuDie(m): 11:08am On Nov 01, 2007
angel_empy:

slitty, your thing is quite too plain. u use the same language and woddings over and again. its too plain and i seems like it was written under duress.

I really don't see anything wrong with keeping a write-up simple; maybe some words recur ever so often in slitty's writes but the primary thing is getting the message out. . . . . . .  whilst not saying that she's written this perfectly - there a quite a sprinkling of errors here and there- but personally, i feel her write is g'onna appeal to larger audience in terms of how they'll read and assimilate.
you can have write-ups laden with metaphoric, jaw breaking words and phrases; all well and good, but that limts the reach of your write to an audience that know the meaning of the stuff you've written and those that'll take time out to look up the meaning of such words in the dictionary. . . . .
for me, i'll just say simple is safe. . . . .  just makes reading a whole lot easier for your audience!

I do agree that the conversation's are a tad too much; and character, plot, setting descriptions are almost non-existent; but bear in my mind that we're only seeing excerpts of a whole. . . . . . . . these might just be lying somewhere else in the body of her writes!
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by angelempy(f): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2007
oh slitty, please dont get maudlin on me. sorry if i bore my fangs too hard on u.
i am just too critical. please finish the rest, i will really like to see the end of that beautiful work of urs.
writing for fun, great.
the work is ok, i just felt like,
sorrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
pls, continue ur stuff!
(imagine me, being so harsh on my first post, silly meeeeeee)
[color=#990000]
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by Gamine(f): 10:50am On Nov 02, 2007
Oh my

didnt even know this was happening

Slitty my comments r not in anyway offensive, wats wrong with u

Horrible, disgusting?? just whut r u talkin about.

Anyways, ive bin writing exams, so ive bin off writing,

im done now so i will def continue, smiley

Angel_empy thank u but whut predicament cld that be, pls i will reli like to know
cos this is reli close to my heart
Re: My Own Book Review, Please Read! by angelempy(f): 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2007
CHAPTER 1:
TOBE AND HIS FRIENDS
Obinna, Tobechukwu, Ahamefula and Gozie sat under the shade of a large Odan tree in the forest of Umunkwu.
They were a group of four friends [Gozie,Obinna,Tobechukwu and Ahamefula].They were aged twelve, thirteen and fifeteen respectively.
Due to seniority, Ahamefula was the leader of the group.
The friendship of the boys dated back to when they where all in primary school. Gozie being the cleverest boy in class IIA at that time was always fond of trying out new words he learnt from novels or poems, on his classmates especially the dimwits of the class.

One of such occasions found him exchanging words with Ahamefula. Ahamefula was one of the dullest boys in class IIA though his parents were well to do.
“Look at yourself. Bastard that’s what you are.” Gozie spat out acidically. A smile was playing upon his lips.
“What, what, did you say?” Ahamefula stammered. Gozie walked away feeling triumphant as he saw the fury, his words had gotten Ahamefula into. Later, as he sat on the first seat in the rectangular shaped classroom that housed class IIA, he smiled to himself as teacher Nwankwo was explaining a point in the maths lesson.
He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to face Ogechi-the girl that sat behind him. She handed him a squeezed paper. He turned from Ogechi to meet teacher Nwankwo’s gaze.
“Be careful” The teacher shouted, waving his fat long cane
“Yes sir.” Gozie replied as he hid his hand behind his back.
Teacher Nwankwo turned to the black board and wrote down three sums. While he did that, Gozie quickly opened the paper that had been given to him,
“Meet me at the school garden after school”. He read
Gozie heaved a little sigh which the teacher didn’t hear.
“Do these sums class, I am giving you all five minutes to submit it”.
A small murmur rose in the class of thirty-two pupils.
“Who amongst you murmured?” He said facing the class.
A hush fell on the class.
“Very well then, I shall smell out the miscreant.”
The stern looking catholic said.
This instilled terror in the pupils, ‘smelling out the miscreant’ was always a very cruel way of finding out the truth. And they all dreaded this mechanism always employed by the teacher of the class which was segmented into three rows. The pupils were watching him. His eyes fell on Ahamefula. The ever fearless boy had his eyes on an artwork, given him by one of his friends.
So engrossed was Aham in the artwork, that he didn’t notice the sign some of those in front were giving him. The only prompting he got was a sharp pain he felt on his back. He screamed and stood up holding his back. He met the eyes of his teacher.
“This is the miscreant”. The teacher spelt out. The class was still. They watched as their teacher pulled Aham roughly by the shirt out to the front of the class.
Those in the middle row knew it was Aham who made the comment all along but could not dare talk for fear of incurring his wrath. As they watched the teacher taunt and tease him, most of them felt vilified.
“Everybody say shame on him”
“Shame on you!”
Where Gozie sat, he laughed loudest. The teacher spent close to ten minutes bullying the boy he referred to as ‘fat-head’. After he had exhausted his pent-up anger, he ordered Aham back to his seat.
Ahamefula returned to his seat with his head bent low and his chest rising and falling. He sat back on his seat and swore under his breath. Ada, the girl that sat in front of him shifted closer to her desk to avoid him.
“You have five minutes to work on the sums. Now get to work. “He said.

All the students in the class including Ahamefula took their pencils and first copied the sums on a fresh page in their note books. They drew a line at the bottom of the fresh page and began working.
Exactly five minutes later; the teacher bellowed in his loud baritone voice.
“Pens up” All the pupils took their pens up and the teacher went round to take their note books from them. When he was comfortably seated on his seat, he took out his red biro from his drawer in the table he occupied.
“Bring out your English readers and go to page ten.” He shouted.
Every one obeyed the teacher’s command “learn the new words there. You shall be using it for your home work today,” He said turning his face to his students and saw they where busy at his prompting. He smiled and faced the files in the note books in his desk. He marked everyone’s books before clearing his throat
The pupils became aware of his eyes. He stood in front of the class and watched for the pupils with a keen eye. Holding the note books up, he positioned himself beside his desk and called out the names from bottom to the top [according to their scores in the sum]
“Ahamefula Amadi.” He called out first as the boy walked out to pick his note book which lay on the floor.
He kept calling the names until he got to the top.
“Gozie Chiejina. ‘He said with a smile on his face .As Gozie walked up to take his note book; the teacher took his cane from the top of the table and handed it over to Gozie. “Gozie will have to give Ahamefula a few strokes of the cane. “ He said.Ahamafula walked to the front of the class and took three strokes of the cane given him by Gozie.
He returned to his seat as the teacher wrote the assignments on the board for the pupils to copy.

Gozie got to the school garden to find Ahamefula waiting for him. He walked over to where Aham sat beside an orange tree.
A slap was the ovation he received. “Leave me alone”. Gozie cried.
By now Ahamefula had a strong hold on Gozie’s school shirt.
“Not until you tell me what the word bastard means”.
Gozie refused to answer the question,as Aham held on to his shirt and occasionally gave him a slap across his cherubic face.
“What is going on here?” Tobechukwu shouted as he approached with his twin brother Obinna.
“This stupid boy wants me to teach him a lesson.” Aham said.
Tobechukwu pleaded with Ahamefula until he left Gozie alone. The four of them who lived in the same part of the town walked home that day on the insistence of Obinna.
That marked the beginning of the friendship between the four boys. The first letter of their names were coined to form the word TOGA. This word they used as the symbol of their friendship and they parted with precious possessions symbols of their friendship and continuous commitment.
At the end of that term, Aham came thirtieth in the class for the first time.

SLITTY and GEMANE hope u dont mind my staeling ur thread. i am posting a chapter from my soon to be published hildren's classic.
abt my predicament, its like this!
for reasons i dont know about, i am the odd one in my house.everyone seems too different from me. this gives me troubles constantly with my mom and the rest of the fmily. i have seized to get bothered abt it but the reallity is too obvious to ignore.

HEY EVERYONE, PLS TELL ME WHAT MY STUFF SOUNDS LIKE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know Agatha Christie? / The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) Nigerian Factor / Even Heaven Agreed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 231
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.