Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Speech Delivered By Gov. T.a Orji - Commissioning Completed Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speech Delivered By Gov. T.a Orji - Commissioning Completed Projects (717 Views)

Ex-Governor T.A Orji Booed In Abia - The Sun / Completed Projects In Abia State / Speech Delivered By Gov. T.a Orji - Commissioning Completed Govt Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speech Delivered By Gov. T.a Orji - Commissioning Completed Projects by emindu: 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2012
A SPEECH DELIVERED ON THE OCCASION OF THE OFFICIAL COMMISSIONING OF COMPLETED GOVERNMENT PROJECTS IN ABA, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING: 1) PEDESTRIAN OVER-HEAD CROSSING AT ABIA POLYTECHNIC,
2) UKWU-MANGO ROAD PROJECT,
3) DANFODIO/EAST ROADS, AND
4) OLD EXPRESS/SAMEK ROADS,
PROTOCOLS
DISTINGUISHED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
ENYIMBA KWENU! KWEZUE NU!
I am always pleased and excited to be at Enyimba City to meet with our citizens. You know you are always on my mind, and despite what seems to be an interminable ‘cat and mouse relationship’ and the obstructive vibrancy of Enyimba City, you remain the primary concern of our Government. We will continue to do everything that it takes to ensure the development of this city, and its full restoration to the glory of all Abians and all men and women of good-will.
Sometimes, I cannot help seeing Aba City as a broken piece of iron, very difficult to weld together, without drawing a spark. But my Administration is determined to do this difficult and exhilarating job, by initiating original, prime projects, and tackling the seemingly impossible ones; some of which have been ignored or left unattended by previous Administrations.The truth is that I am aware of the fact, that Aba remains the foremost commercial, industrial and entertainment city of Abia State. It is also the melting pot for all the Igbo race in their commercial and business adventurism, which itself raises new and urgent problems of governance, seeking for solution. But all these deserve our attentions.That is why we are here today to demonstrate that we do not only know the problems, but are willing to commence solving them. Today, we commission some of the rare projects recently completed by our Administration, for the benefit of a future-focused and expanding Aba city. These new projects have safety implications – often ignored by our people, as well as aesthetic infrastructural linkages, relevant for the business growth of our city.
We will today commission a pedestrian crossing fly-over, for Abia Polytechnic Community and environs; the much discussed, but avoided Ukwu-Mango road and its surroundings; Danfodio/East road - with implications on good drainage in Aba; and the Old Express/Samek Road - with a traffic by-pass implication.
We are confident that the projects we commission today, will to a large extent, improve both the human and vehicular movements in the City; improve the ambiance and aesthetics of Aba, and assist in the development and fast flow of business activities in Ariara market and other business concerns in Enyimba City. We would not end there, but certainly continue our efforts.With these new projects we commission here today, we will soon begin to exploit the larger effects and gains, to begin addressing all the access roads in Aba, even where restorations and reconstructions are already on-going.I need not remind our people in Aba, that some of the projects we have completed for commissioning today, looked like impossible projects in the past – just like the Ukwu-Mango and Danfodio/East Road. Others like the pedestrian over-head crossing, were neither visualized nor considered, despite the obvious safety implications to our people. But our Government saw the need to begin and complete these projects in record time. It is an indication that we mean well for Aba people and will dare to move mountains to advance the Enyimba spirits of enterprise. And we have just started!
Our Government will continue to focus adequate attention to the development of Abia State, and especially Aba - Enyimba City. This is why we spared no efforts to achieve the security of lives and property in this City and fought kidnapping to a total finish. Lest we forget so soon, this City still needs our devoted and consistent attention, as well as our discipline, to restore it to its full stable pride.
That is why we are anxious to restore the original plan of this city and improve its environmental ambiance and great beauty. That is why we want our hard working traders and other investing public in Aba, to cherish a healthy and clean city, as they develop their stores, markets, factories, all in attempt to build great wealth for all of us.
That is why we expect our citizens of Aba, especially the private sector business operators, to pay their taxes and levies willingly, so that our Government will continue to maintain the City and State infrastructures.
It is my belief that for the Aba City of our dream and desire, it would just be equally right to demand your support and cooperation for the benefit of this remarkable City.
Our Government is committed to developing Aba City in all aspects, and at the same time, attend to the needs of other parts of Abia State and its economy. We have been able to come this far, only through the prudent management of our resources, and by converting our lean resources to the common good of Abians, rather than be appropriated into the private estate of an individual or a family dynasty. No sane person, in the guise of politics, would wish for a return of those locust invested years of impunity and recklessness.
I assure all Abians that we will continue to prudently manage our resources for the good of Abians, without distractions from those who, for political reasons and personal drives, have refused to see or recognize the achievements and direction of our Administration.
To all Abians, and especially those in Aba, we assure you that we will continue to seek your opinions and listen to your well-meaning advice and suggestions, including your objective criticisms. That is the essence of a democracy, which we have sworn to deepen in Abia State. We are aware that your individual and collective contributions and utterances will help us improve on our performances and actions; but we will not yield to unguarded intimidations, or succumb to fabrications of half truths that endorse cheap popularities, elsewhere. That will be unfair to Abians!
I am very aware that the job of laying a solid foundation for a sustainable development of any depressed economy, and a long traumatized State – as our own, is never that easy. This is because, one must of necessity, break existing barriers and unsettle existing orders.
But our Government has chosen this laudable, but difficult route, as our covenant with Abians, for its restoration, and for posterity to judge us.As we proceed on our chosen, but difficult route of developing Abia State, we promise to lay the desired foundation and break new frontiers in our infrastructures, roads, new landmarks; attain to the needs of our workers, our pensioners, and create new jobs and empower our youths. In all these, we will be firm in the pursuit of set goals, with justice and equity in the distribution of political dividends and in upholding of the peace in our State.I promise Abians that we will remain disciplined and rise above self interests as we work to deliver on the new face of Aba and our entire State development. I ask for nothing more than the support, patience and prayers of the people of Enyima City.
Thank you and God bless Abia State! http://thejuristlaws..co.uk/2012/03/speech-delivered-by-gov-ta-orji.html

Re: Speech Delivered By Gov. T.a Orji - Commissioning Completed Projects by emisun(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2012
fingerz crozzed.....i no fit shout

(1) (Reply)

Lobbyists Delay Fuel Subsidy Report / FG Has Licensed Over 50 Independent Power Providers – NERC / I’m Laying A New Foundation For Abia State —gov. Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.