Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira (63247 Views)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Convert Existing Website To Phone App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by lordZOUGA(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2012
traeces:
Some1 pls talk to me. 10x
yes it is possible... If your replies to the same queries are the same or if you plan to be on hand to handle the queries..
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by henry90000: 9:51am On Apr 11, 2012
Congratulations to the boys,,,,when are they releasing the code
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by thisisjonny(m): 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
My Congratulations goes to Suen for keeping to your promise. Atleast you inspired us all. Especially for Me, I am already picking intrest in this programming of a thing. Please where can I get enroll for any of this programming sort here in Abuja?
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by jeebz: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
@winners, congratulations, I would love that there be a Pycon in Nigeria maybe next year.

2 Likes

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by contra(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
weldone @Seun. Congrats guys.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by oladayo042: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Congrats to the winners.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Peterson1993(m): 8:05pm On May 29, 2012
Hmmm great inovation. I came late but nevermind, am still on PHP. I dont think i would have been able. Dont actually know what this apparent popular Python is all about for now. Will love it more if such competition is done annually. Maybe i stand i a good chance next year because am not resting at all. And it is quiet interesting to observe that apart from Pystar, the rest two winners are new members. Maybe they just heard a competition was being organised on nairaland, and they rushed and sign up to display their tallent or probably most likely are well known programmers here in nairaland and dint want to contest with their real identity. All the same, kudos to the winners and Seun. Good to see nigerian youths bringing something out of nothing. Despite the hunger, guys still willing to learn and read complex codes and languages when de quick remove food from belle
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by seyezy: 8:54am On Mar 23, 2015
I quite agreed with the last post. The problem jamb is having is not a scripting problem but rather managing the request made by student within the same time. An idea came to me, why not jamb write a script that manage student result checking traffic. That shld take care of the problem. Am available if they need me on that.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Pins(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2015
laidback:
I stopped at 'entry level' programming over a decade ago though I'm still in IT. So I'm not speaking authoritatively, but that I think a crashing website is more than about the website itself. Aren't the hardware (Server hosting the application, networking and bandwidth of the link connecting the server) also very important? Meanwhile, I know someone who can take a shot at this.

True talk,it is beyond the website now we are talking about the machineries running the website although some real good preogramming techniques would come in handy.i have not been coming to nairaland for upto 3 months or more if not i would have joined cos am into programming but i know by now the competition will be over.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
There will be a new contest soon.

1 Like

Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by emmyw(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2015
Seun:
hope to get the info then,meanwhile there is no website that doesn't go down/slow server for a very massive traffic,I even encountered that today on nairaland,because of today's traffic.
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 31, 2015
Seun:
AMEN
Re: Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira by Nairaplus(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2019
Seun:

If you're competent in another programming language, Python is the easiest programming language to pick up. Just download Python 3.2.3 and read the Python tutorial that comes with it. If anything is not clear, browse/search StackOverflow. Go through the Python module documentation. Ask questions on this thread.

Once you understand Python, download the CherryPy web framework and install it. Read the documentation to get up to speed and play with it for a while. If you have questions, search the web or ask on this thread.

You will also need the MySQL driver for Python. Download this and follow the Python 3 installation instructions. Of course, you must download MySQL to your machine in order to use it.

Is CherryPy still the best framework for Python?

By best I am most concerned with speed/performance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.