Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router (15728 Views)

How To Increase Your Internet Speed With TP Link Router / How Will I Configure My Modem For Etisalat Sim. / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Karam(m): 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2012
I need you help!!
I just got a tp-link 3G wireless lite N router and I am trying to configure it to work with 3G as only internet source using an mtn sim loaded HSDPA modem.
I had to upload a new firmware to get the router to accept the modem.
The router now connects with the modem successfully and the status page shows there is traffic and packets are transmitted but the router connection as well as wireless connection does not have internet access.
Please I need help on how to get the router to get internet access through the 3G modem.
Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Karam(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
Guys how far, no techies with experience or knowledge on this? Pls help its urgent.
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by deribigbe(m): 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
Contact
ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by lifestyle1(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2012
Consult a professional!
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Daovris: 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Can help you?I wish you good luck.
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/iPad.gif[/img]
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by Saddam: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2012
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by drumme: 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
alphadux1: Sorry, made a mistake under step 3:

Access point name should be: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Apologies for the mistake.

The 3g doesn't auto. And it's asking for bin file to configure other 3g networks. Did u experience that too
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by cooljyd(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
Call 08082212844 i can walk you through the process
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by ramselly(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2014
alphadux1: connect your pc to the router via ethernet cable, and open a web browser. enter the address 192.168.1.1 (or as stated underneath the router), this will take you to the router management page, the user name and password should be printed underneath the router as well.

1. Click on quick setup. you should see Start >> Internet Access >> WAN / 3G >> Wireless >> Finish
2. Click on NEXT. you will now see

Start >> Internet Access >> WAN / 3G >> Wireless >> Finish
The router provides four Internet access mode for you to choose:
3G Preferred - Use 3G as the primary access, WAN as a backup.
3G Only - Only use 3G as the access to the Internet.
WAN Preferred - Use WAN as the primary access, 3G as a backup.
WAN Only - Only use WAN as the access to the Internet.

Select either 3G only, or 3G preferred, then click NEXT.

3. Select Authentication type AUTO. enter config manually:

For MTN,

Access Number: *99#
Access Point Name (APN): gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username: web
Password: web

(Username and password is optional for MTN, but compulsory for Airtel) Click on NEXT.

4. Enable wireless radio, enter a name for your wireless network. Leave channel as AUTO, Mode as 11bgn mixed, channel width as auto. Under wireless security, select WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. Enter a password for your wireless (PSK password).Click NEXT.

5. click FINISH. Your router will reboot, and you are good to go. You can now connect to your new network with the password you created.

If you need to edit the settings or change to another network, login to the router management console, click on NETWORK, click on 3G, and manually enter the settings (APN and access number).

Hope this helps.
please I have finished configuring my router but whenever I try to browse it keeps on taking me back to the router homepage, pls wat should I do?
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by oluwaseyanu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please i have a window phone, any time i want to download new application from the store: it keeps asking for password of my microsoft outlook account and i've forgotten it... Can anyone help out? Pls.
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by oluwaseyanu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please i have a window phone, any time i want to download new application from the store: it keeps asking for password of my microsoft outlook account and i've forgotten it... Can anyone help out? Pls. Or still forward the reply to dungajones2003@yahoo.com thanks.
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by oluwaseyanu(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
Thanks all, i just reset my window phone to factory setting and it back to work...
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by oluwaseyanu(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2015
@alphadux1, or anyone that could help, pls whats the APN for etisalat sim?
Re: How Do I Configure A Tp-link 3G Wireless Lite N Router by tunde300us(m): 9:14am On Sep 19, 2015
I think u have a static IP on ur laptop or something,and the APN for etisalat is simply etisalat

(1) (Reply)

Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Device Driver For Toshiba Satellite L40 / Airtel ZLT M30 Mifi Unlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.