Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience (8262 Views)

Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings / BREAKING NEWS: Etisalat Blackberry Complete Is Now N1000!!! / How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dkings101(m): 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2012
Since I came into the country, I have used Airtel and Etisalat BB Plan and I must confess I am so displeased with the service. Omg, even their customer rep sucks. All they know to say best is "I understand how you feel, we are doing everything possible to resolve the issue". I don't know if they even understand how their customers feel. Imagine paying for Monthly plan and daily you end up using the BB service for 10 hours outta 24hrs...is is value for money? Some more they don't even have compensation plan or policy.

It is only in Nigeria consumers and it's people are taken for granted. No compensation policy...just suffering and smiling. Starcomms Internet Service as is as poor as a crawling snail but I commend them for their compensation policy. I am tired to changing sim and network. Despite the fact I don't like MTN, their BB service is good (as seen from my friend BB) and their customer service relation is top notch. They notify you how long you are to wait, so it is up to you to stick on or hang up but Etisalat and Airtel, they would make you wait forever.

When it comes to customer service experience with Airtel and Etisalat, OMG...It sucks...sometimes I feel like I wish I could get through to them from the phone and give them some punches. The endless waiting period is not only annoying but suicidal. Imagine waiting up to 30 min for your call to be picked up (With Airtel) and even wen your call is picked up, they talk to you in a fighting tune or as if you are quarrelling with them without evening resolving the problem you called for. As for Etisalat, that one makes me mad. Is either you call their contact reach which is 200. They ask you to press 8 to speak to a call rep, you press the number 8 and the call goes off. Even when you get through, you end up waiting for long and after they pick, is either they can't hear you or the call drops itself, Sometimes also they don't even know how to resolve issue. The best thing they can say to you is "Have you done the hard reset, please remove your battery after 5 min and replace it". Even with that the problem still persist or is it their Regular system maintenace and they can't pull out your record? So frustrating counting a few. At the end of the day, you rather solve the problem yourself or remove the sim card and flush it in the toilet.

I am so angry with these telco network. I don't know where to vent my anger. What is the NCC doing about this? During the emergence of GSM network, they use to call all telco heads to a TV program on channels and NTA where ppl complain to them about their network and other issues and they get it resolve, why is it not done anymore? Where can consumer complain for all these bad service being render by these telco. Am I the only one facing the problem or I have other nairalanders that also face the same. What can be done about this??

2 Likes

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Niiade(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
I tire ooooooooo, like say to provide service na by force
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by flexya: 2:19am On Apr 02, 2012
dkings101: Since I came into the country, I have used Airtel and Etisalat BB Plan and I must confess I am so displeased with the service. Omg, even their customer rep sucks. All they know to say best is "I understand how you feel, we are doing everything possible to resolve the issue". I don't know if they even understand how their customers feel. Imagine paying for Monthly plan and daily you end up using the BB service for 10 hours outta 24hrs...is is value for money? Some more they don't even have compensation plan or policy.

It is only in Nigeria consumers and it's people are taken for granted. No compensation policy...just suffering and smiling. Starcomms Internet Service as is as poor as a crawling snail but I commend them for their compensation policy. I am tired to changing sim and network. Despite the fact I don't like MTN, their BB service is good (as seen from my friend BB) and their customer service relation is top notch. They notify you how long you are to wait, so it is up to you to stick on or hang up but Etisalat and Airtel, they would make you wait forever.

When it comes to customer service experience with Airtel and Etisalat, OMG...It sucks...sometimes I feel like I wish I could get through to them from the phone and give them some punches. The endless waiting period is not only annoying but suicidal. Imagine waiting up to 30 min for your call to be picked up (With Airtel) and even wen your call is picked up, they talk to you in a fighting tune or as if you are quarrelling with them without evening resolving the problem you called for. As for Etisalat, that one makes me mad. Is either you call their contact reach which is 200. They ask you to press 8 to speak to a call rep, you press the number 8 and the call goes off. Even when you get through, you end up waiting for long and after they pick, is either they can't hear you or the call drops itself, Sometimes also they don't even know how to resolve issue. The best thing they can say to you is "Have you done the hard reset, please remove your battery after 5 min and replace it". Even with that the problem still persist or is it their Regular system maintenace and they can't pull out your record? So frustrating counting a few. At the end of the day, you rather solve the problem yourself or remove the sim card and flush it in the toilet.

I am so angry with these telco network. I don't know where to vent my anger. What is the NCC doing about this? During the emergence of GSM network, they use to call all telco heads to a TV program on channels and NTA where ppl complain to them about their network and other issues and they get it resolve, why is it not done anymore? Where can consumer complain for all these bad service being render by these telco. Am I the only one facing the problem or I have other nairalanders that also face the same. What can be done about this??
Av been plannin 2 dump my etisalat BIS plan for mtn and u av just helped me 2 decide. Infact, I am so annoyed wit the service I will dash them the 20days or so left on my Plan. So its MTN! Which mtn plan is synonymous wit the N3k etis plan dan allows (almost) unlimited browsin and multiple email account. Also wats the mihration code cos I can't just get 2 an mtn office
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by JAZES(m): 4:00am On Apr 02, 2012
dkings101:
It is only in Nigeria consumers and it's people are taken for granted. No compensation policy...just suffering and smiling. Starcomms Internet Service as is as poor as a crawling snail but I commend them for their compensation policy.

Ate we using the same starcomms? Starcomms dont offer no compensation abeg, they are not any better.
Imagine about 1k$ to browse the internet annually and yet not getting good service, starcomms sucks.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by ritze(m): 4:02am On Apr 02, 2012
flexya:
Av been plannin 2 dump my etisalat BIS plan for mtn and u av just helped me 2 decide. Infact, I am so annoyed wit the service I will dash them the 20days or so left on my Plan. So its MTN! Which mtn plan is synonymous wit the N3k etis plan dan allows (almost) unlimited browsin and multiple email account. Also wats the mihration code cos I can't just get 2 an mtn office

as for the 3k
MTN's got BIS
simply text BIS to 21600 and you are good to go
MTN seem to be the only network that's rily got it rigth with this BB tingy
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by blank(f): 5:00am On Apr 02, 2012
I use etisalat bis and it has been smooth sailing. My husband wants 2 dump his MTN for Etisalat. The day I had Etisalat issue was d day I knew the customer service was crap. All the original poster said was correct. The annoying part is when they say do a hard reset and they have fixed it. In 30mins, u should be able to browse. 1hr later, u are still where u are. After 3 days, they sent me an sms that it can't be configured over the air. I should go to their experience center. I was so pissed.

I went to their shop n it was worse. First they said their bb server was down. Next they said the whole hard n soft reset. Then they will just be pressing the phone like they know what they are doing. What r u looking for? Network options. Why did u not just ask me, they will be looking like mumu. 5 days before they rectified d problem n no compensation.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by spothot: 5:11am On Apr 02, 2012
The one thing i hate about etisalat is once you subscribe to a data plan, there's no way you can opt out; so they keep deducting your money even without you using it
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by clubone05: 5:31am On Apr 02, 2012
I usually don't reply topic on NL...but when I saw this one..I just had to...OMG...Etisalat almost killed me....I mean this literally...I got to a point where I was contemplating customer service centre to burning it down and kill as many call reps as possible...yes I was that paranoid....my bb is my business..and etisalat tried to ruin me....infact its so painful I'm not talking abt it anymore...

1 Like

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by jidewin(m): 6:42am On Apr 02, 2012
GLO BIS have been very good and faithful.I will remain on their network as that everyone using BB in my household uses.

1 Like

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by chidike(m): 6:58am On Apr 02, 2012
You need to switch over to GLO immediately. First of all, GLO has a dedicated call centre for BIS subscribers, in less than 2 minutes they will answer your call, and the call centre reps know their job, wen i have issues, they take me through steps i should use in resolving the issue. Plus here in Kaduna they have 3G which gives me blazing speeds, really i can't think of any other network to use and i have used both MTN and Etisalat (they also have 3G here), but they still can't be compared to glo. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by MrIfe: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2012
Airtel has the worst customer service among all the gsm network providers. For over 6 days now, I have not been able to do anything on my BB and anytime I load credit on my line, its being deducted and I do not get a text message to notify me what the money is being deducted for. I am tired of calling the customer care line because each time I do, all I keep hearing is 'we will do something about it' and the most annoying part is the details I get when they run a check on line is always different from what I get to hear previously each I time I speak to any of their customer care agent.
Stupid network
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by greall1: 7:14am On Apr 02, 2012
AIRTEK is the one of the best Networking in LAGOS why glo in OGUN STATE,IJEBU GENERALLY,when you go to south south,east is MTN,i enjoy AIRTEL I am using Airtel for my BIS and i really enjoy it 24hrs
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by greall1: 7:18am On Apr 02, 2012
[/b]BEWARE OF FAKE AIRTEL SELLER,I BOUGHT 500 NAIRA RECHARGE CARD YESTERDAY,I SCRATCH IT MY SELF AND I TRY TO LOAD IT NOTIFY ME PREVIOUS USED,I CALLED AIRTEL CUSTOMER CARE LINE (111),I WAS TOLD THE CARD HAS BEEN USED BY ANOTHER SUBCRIBER.[b][b][/b]
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by sexiestharam(f): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2012
I use etisalat BIS
and it's d best to me. I used mtn b4 etisalat
and I almost ran mad. From 7pm to 11 pm, no service whatsoever. I called customer care till I was tired of calling them. I had no choice but to switch to etisalat. Yes, etisalat customer care is crap. But the BIS service is better for me. I also think BIS service depends on the place u are in. Some network are better in some places than others. Etisalat is also fond of deducting money from ur account for no apparent reason.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by captainxero: 7:23am On Apr 02, 2012
Funny enuf as for me,d reverse is d case.my etisalat has always been on point!d download speed is crazyly fast nd I've been enjoying it since I bought d sim last year!almost all my frnds hav dump dere sims for etisalat!its d best so far! Buh d 2 most annoying networks r mtn ng glo! Assin glo is a †☁DEAD☁† network! Dey almost killed me!once it rains it goes on small edge nd cld b like dt for hrs somtimes ur bis wld be counting nd u wount be able 2 do anything on ur fone!I HATE glo I can't use it as a normal line not 2 talk of browsing! U can't make simple calls @times nd for oda people 2 get tru 2 u is war!mtn on d side is just slow!3g wld b like gprs!I hav nt used airtel before so I don't knw wat dere ss service is like! Buh mehn d worst it GLO!!!!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2012
welcome to Nigeria the jungle, I can't even believe they apologised to you when you got through. Don't bother changing line cos of customer service, they are all the same. Always remember to take their name when you call. It's only in naija that a customer rep would terminate a call if you demand an explanation on what went wrong, the banks are notorious at that style, especially FCMB. Sometimes, you get through after being call waiting of about 30 minutes, only for the rep to quickly put you on hold and transfer you to another rep, that's another 30minute on hold....making 1hr, call avoidance at its best especially ETISALAT, by the time you get through, your battery would be dead. Even, if you go to the experience centre, be prepared to meet a customer service rep that just fought with a family member before coming to work. Fact, there is no customer protection in naija. All they do is establish a business, lie about the quality of their service then start reaping the consumers off.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by gbogboti: 7:42am On Apr 02, 2012
In fact, OP, u have said it all. For one whole week, etisalat couldn't resolve my complaint. It was so annoying. They have the worst customer service amongst all the networks. Their 200 is a complete rubbish. I have mailed them severally to learn customer services support from the Y'ello network. Abeg, etisalat is complete nonsense. For BIS I will not even ask my enemy to try etisalat or glo. I tried using glo once, omo, I nearly cry. Etisalat is only good for DATA BUNDLE BROWSING. Even at that, if mistakenly enter a different data bundle plan as against the one you intended, u are finished cos' they won't opt you out of that. It happened to me once. What I did was to get another of their SIM. CUSTOMER SERVICE in Nigeria is rubbish. Try calling DSTV to reconnect you after payment "you go know how far". They will be using your credit to tell you about cashless Nigeria, mobile money etc. You can imagine? The guy who picked my last reconnection call will never forget me in a hurry. After wasting my money on advertising how to go about DSTV payment under a cashless Nigeria policy and mobile money nonsense, the guy wanted to ask me my name, email address, etc. "I told him to shut up and reconnect me" after telling him my SMART CARD NUMBER. I told him that they can't do all that nonsense in SA. Nigerians can endure sha.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dokunbam(m): 7:47am On Apr 02, 2012
I give it for MTN everywhere you go.I have tried all them its only MTN that is better
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by chucky234(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2012
I think it has to do with location because I have been using Airtel BB service for 4 years ,now and I can't remember having any issues with them. I call their customer service anytime even at midnight,many of the customer attendants don't know much about technical aspect of BB telephony. If I call and I notice that the customer rep don't seem to understand what am saying from his/her respond I'll hang up and call back so someone else can pick and attend to me.
I have used MTN and Glo but they were crapy,Glo is the worst behind Etisalat on BB service.
If you call 111 there is assurance that you will get through to airtel customer attendant unlike MTN's 180 that you have to call forever.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by benzion72(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2012
My experience with etisalat is better imagined than experienced. I wanted to test etisalat so I loaded 200 naira and subscribe for their daily BIS for 100 for 24hr service book was not sent to me so I could not use the service. I called, I mailed but nothing was done.
Three month I called their office to ensure auto renewal has being cancel on my line, they check and said that it has being cancelled. I loaded N1500 to my dismay the autorenewal was still their and it remove N100 daily for 15 days. I called I mail their customer service they could not do anything. There SIM to me is no go area
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Detongue: 8:19am On Apr 02, 2012
Airtel still d best, fast connection, easy browsing. D worst is glo. D oda day, i loaded a #500 card, d whole money vanished, wen i called dir customer service, dey said i'm owning dem #600. Wen i ask how? Dey said dey hv been crediting me without my knowledge, can u imagine? Glo is fraud, dey 419ed me. Mtn is mer propaganda
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by webcam(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2012
@POSTER I REGARD NIGERIA COUNTRY AS A PLACE WHERE GRASS ENJOY THAN THE HUMAN BEING........MENTION THE MINISTRY THAT WORK 60% ACCURATE?EDUCATION,AVIATION,AGRICULTURE,PETROLEM,ELECTRICITY INFACT EVERYTHING ABOUT NIGERIA IS JAGAJAGA....I WILL ADVICE THE POSTER ITS BETTER YOU GO BACK TO WHERE YOU COME FROM......ZAIN CUSTOMER CARE IS 0 I GUESS MOST PPL IN THERE CUSTOMER CARE CENTER ARE BRICK LAYER THEY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TELECOM THEY ARE SOMBI........OUR GOVERMENT MAKE THE FRAUSTRATION INCREASE DAILY
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by ProfJYK(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2012
I practically had to lecture an Etisalat dude on their product as d guy obviosly wasn't trained. When he couldn't help, he refered me to a contact point only for mr to learn it was a SIM REGISTRATION CENTER. All he kept "I apologise... pls help me to understand ur probs" I explained d same thing three times over and dude still couldn't comprehend. Exasperating.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by bid4rich(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2012
Well, my Airtel is the best, no dull moments with my airtel or may be your bb is a refurbished one hahahahahaha. Kudos to Airtel jor
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2012
Here in Enugu, MTN rules. Super-fast downloads, and pseudo-unlimited data!
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by mayorxxxy(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2012
I use Glo BIS and so far its been both good and bad. Here in Lagos.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dkings101(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2012
gbogboti: In fact, OP, u have said it all. For one whole week, etisalat couldn't resolve my complaint. It was so annoying. They have the worst customer service amongst all the networks. Their 200 is a complete rubbish. I have mailed them severally to learn customer services support from the Y'ello network. Abeg, etisalat is complete nonsense. For BIS I will not even ask my enemy to try etisalat or glo. I tried using glo once, omo, I nearly cry. Etisalat is only good for DATA BUNDLE BROWSING. Even at that, if mistakenly enter a different data bundle plan as against the one you intended, u are finished cos' they won't opt you out of that. It happened to me once. What I did was to get another of their SIM. CUSTOMER SERVICE in Nigeria is rubbish. Try calling DSTV to reconnect you after payment "you go know how far". They will be using your credit to tell you about cashless Nigeria, mobile money etc. You can imagine? The guy who picked my last reconnection call will never forget me in a hurry. After wasting my money on advertising how to go about DSTV payment under a cashless Nigeria policy and mobile money nonsense, the guy wanted to ask me my name, email address, etc. "I told him to shut up and reconnect me" after telling him my SMART CARD NUMBER. I told him that they can't do all that nonsense in SA. Nigerians can endure sha.

Got me laffing at ur post. Am facing another day with the same problem. Calling customer service now and spending 30min waiting. My BIS is my business so imagine all this network interruption and how much it is costing me. I don't know what else to do.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by stepo707: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2012
Etisalat Customer service as far as i am concerned is 0%.It sucks badly.Its crap.
As for Airtel, Customer service also poor but they are trying
Mtn is still the best for now.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by maclatunji: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2012
Yes, Etisalat BIS service is rather bad. However, I am sticking with them anyway.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2012
MTN....When you try recharging your line, what you get....service time-out, when you try checking your balance...the same thing...When you call the customer care, the normal thing they say.. I am sorry about that, we are working on it...Since Jan till date, it is the same thing...

Airtel....BB Plan seems cheap, and since that is what Nigerians like, cheap things, they go for such, and how do they hurt us, by making sure we don't enjoy it, one week we will enjoy, the other week, we won't, so in the real sense, we are actually paying for what was to be used for, that is if it even works. And then when you call the customer care, the lady will argue with you, i am enjoying mine, why are you not enjoying yours...for heavens sakes, i called to know why mine isn't working and she hangs up...

GLO...Umm, Adenuga is a sure 419 dude, no doubt, ever been to Saka Tinubu, they employ graduates with 2/1, but then they have no idea of what to say when you ask them a simple question.. Pls, i called the GLO Customer care whatever, and then i asked the question, does the VPN operate with your network, and he was like VPN, what is that!!..Fine, if you have no idea about it, at least, use agidi to tell me, it doesn't work, or you have your system, go to google and check, the guy just said, it is not related to our network, to the next question...pls, why don't glo sim card work on the new iphone 4s, he said, pls come down to our office.

Etisalat...I have never used this network before, but i saw an advert at VI, with regards to their engineers, that if they have an issue, they should call them..and guess what, it was an MTN number...someone should pls help me on that. and when my friend called them, he asked what does that mean, they said, pls, that was an error or something.

Starcomms....I don't know what to say about this ones....they truly have no idea of what they are doing, their customer care...i just dont have anything to say to this one, they are just useless, imagine one telling me, ehn what did you say, when i asked why is your network bad, and he just drops.

If you say you have been using your line for four years without issue, that is a lie, a big one, they all have issues, and the NCC is to be blamed, because i worked with the NCC for some time, and when the apple store was to license the sales of ipad, NCC didn't agree to that, they didn't give them the license, but rather, took 500k from them, and you know na, they need to use the ipad, so they took theirs as well...This country no go better...if you like believe am or not.
Re: Airtel & Etisalat Blackberry Edge Problem & Customer Service Experience by dkings101(m): 9:21am On Apr 02, 2012
clubone05: I usually don't reply topic on NL...but when I saw this one..I just had to...OMG...Etisalat almost killed me....I mean this literally...I got to a point where I was contemplating customer service centre to burning it down and kill as many call reps as possible...yes I was that paranoid....my bb is my business..and etisalat tried to ruin me....infact its so painful I'm not talking abt it anymore...

I am feeling like putting the call centre ablaze. Another day with another interuption. I still have more days to go on the BIS. Guess I should be out for MTN sim...buh can I trust the stingy network?? I hate MTN cos of how stingy and extorting they are in nature buh I have no choice...guess I need to try them and see if they can beat the reach or they r worst.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Is Enjoying This From MTN / Glo Bis. Unlimited On Android Phone / Hello Guys Why Is MTN Data Exhausting Too Fast This Days, Is This Xenophobia Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.